Welcome to Gaia! ::

Welcome to Beacon Hills

Yes! 0.89285714285714 89.3% [ 25 ]
Maybe 0.10714285714286 10.7% [ 3 ]
Total Votes:[ 28 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Ali The Owl Bear's Significant Otter

User Image

Time had no meaning to him; even if he could have been able to see, his people had never bothered with the numbers humans did. He’d heard them count numbers, the cycle of their day, but his cycle was in sync with the forest around him. Sitting against the base of an oak tree, most of his day had been spent in the unrest of his thoughts. Despite the autumn air being filled with calmness and the fresh scent of shedding greenery, he felt anything but peaceful. He hadn’t even been a season in this place and already his world felt like it had begun to unravel despite his claws clutching at it. That woman…she…he didn’t know what to think about her. After she’d tended to his injury, much to his dislike, he never expected to come across her path again. Yet when he found her in that cave, when he smelled the fear seeping from her body…he couldn’t just leave her. He knew what it was like to be terrified, and despite his hate for humans, he wasn’t heartless enough to walk away. Now all he could hope was that he never had to see her again…but then why were the previous events still plaguing his thoughts? Why did he keep replaying the way her hands clung to his fur for comfort, or the way she had soothed the bleeding from his arm—her hands were the first kind touch he’d received in well over a decade, and now they wouldn’t leave his memory.

Hunter had finally been able to escape these thoughts when a distinctive cawing caught his attention. Merla—the crow he’d bonded with that had since acted as a pair of eyes—came swooping down to land on his knee. Running a calloused hand down her smooth feathers, she pecked at his arm before taking flight again. She wanted to show him something, and so he pulled himself to his feet and set after her. The sun that had been falling finally left the sky—he could feel it’s warmth leave his skin, leaving everything in a chill darkness. Of course, everything was darkness for the blind man. Although his eyes no longer worked, his other sense made up for it, and they painted the picture he needed to maneuver the wilderness with little trouble. The rattling branches whispered their place, the slopping and rising ground under his feet told it’s steadiness, the air carried scents of dying flowers, and in the distance he could hear the trickle of a river. He followed the direction of Merla’s cawing until it stopped, and he came to the area in which she was leading him.

Her scent was the first thing he noticed; a unique melody only she carried playing in the air and into his breath, notes mixed with cedar bark, earth, and a playful crispness similar to the air on a cold night. Part of him wanted to turn and flee into the safety of the trees, but a larger part wanted to get closer. What was she doing all the way out here? Alone? Didn’t she know this forest was filled with dangerous things? He may not have been here long, but it was long enough to know animals weren’t the only thing roaming in the shadows. He got closer, still aware of Merla’s watchful presence perched in one of the many trees, until he knew he was close enough for sight.

Clutching the peeling bark off of a trunk, as if for security, he grunted with a little unpleasant snort in greeting followed by a grumpy “You. When her dog came over to him, he let his free hand trace along his head and back. Hunter might have been reclusive with humans, but animals were another story. The night air blew and his skin shivered on instinct—his ripped up clothes had seen better years, but he preferred his fur anyway. But his thoughts were far from the weather, what was this woman doing all the way out here? At night, no doubt. With creatures even he didn't know roaming these lands, it was far from safe. “Home,” he growled, lifting his hand to point away from himself, suggesting she turn around and head back to wherever she called home. His eyebrows caved slightly in concern he wished he didn’t feel for her. ”Not…safe.”

COMPANY xx Rhode xxx LOCATION xx Woods xxx JOURNAL xx PLAYLIST

Emmaleth

Conservative Werewolf

10,425 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
User Image
User Image

Where: Beacon Hills Memorial With: nobody Feeling: excited/giddy

After an afternoon of thought-provoking conversations and car troubles, work seemed really dull to Kaili. Normally she would have been able to find something to keep her occupied but not even her schoolwork could hold her attention for long. Her mind kept drifting back to Josh and all of the things that the two of them had talked about. Had he just been curious for the sake of knowing or had he been asking because he knew a werewolf? Despite all of these questions about him floating through her mind, she couldn't help but want to text Josh. He was just as awkward as she was and he seemed like a really great guy. Not to mention the fact that it was an oddly quiet night at Beacon Hills Memorial and she was feeling lonely. Everyone was either holed up in their home or out searching for the missing girl.

That poor girl's family was probably worried sick and hoping that their daughter would return home safely. Hell, if she had been in their shoes she would probably be freaking out. She definitely worried a lot when it came to Oliver. Especially now that he was a werewolf and there were hunters throughout the world. That was probably her biggest concern -- that he would run into hunters and get hurt or worse. The concept of losing her brother was terrifying and made Kaili want to run home and hug him and never ever let go. But she was being silly and she knew it. Oliver was quite capable of taking care of himself.

Kaili stared at her textbook for a few more minutes before giving into the urge to grab her phone. Would it be awkward if she was the first one to text him? Would he think she was weird if she suggested that the two of them hang out tomorrow? Her thumbs hovered over the screen as she tried to think of how to type her question without coming off as totally odd or creepy.

Hey, it's Kaili! Would you wanna hang out after classes tomorrow? I have the day off (:

She hit send and then sat there biting her lip. Had the smiley face been too much? Maybe he had plans already. He hadn't said that he did but why would he? All he'd said was that his dad was out of town and that he had the house to himself.

Ollie, I shouldn't be here too long after 10. You better be at home and studying or in bed. I don't want you out with a girl missing. Love ya lots.

Tapping her fingers on the desk, she sat and impatiently waited for what would hopefully be a positive response from Josh. She didn't know what it was about him, but he was stuck on her mind. Maybe it was because he was really adorable. Or perhaps it was the fact that he stumbled over his words around her and was clearly just as nervous as she was. Whatever it was, she was excited at the prospect of spending more time with him tomorrow.

The story starts lying in the dark with someone new.

Emmaleth

Ali The Owl Bear's Significant Otter

User Image
User Image

WHAT IF I'M FAR FROM HOME? xxx OH, BROTHER I WILL HEAR YOU CALL!
                                                                                  xxxxxxxx WHAT IF I LOSE IT ALL? xxxxxxx OH, SISTER I WILL HELP YOU OUT!

sowakemeup when it's all ver
                                                                                  tab tab when I'm w i s e r and I'm o l d er
                                                                                  tab all this t i m e I was finding myself && I didn't know I was l o s t
                                                                                  tab tab I x can't x tell x where x the x journey x will x end xxxxxxx there's x an x endless x road x to x rediscover

Rubin didn’t think twice about Kennedy’s denial about any sort of date, in fact he was joking with the man himself about how he was ‘always pushing him to find someone’. After they were seated and went to the get their drinks, the boy was smiling as normal and chuckled. “He’s always trying to match up customers, very big interest in our love lives or some reason—” He hadn’t thought anything of the situation, but when he turned back to look at his new shewolf friend, he noticed the change in her posture immediately and his smile dropped. He didn’t know much about this strange girl, honestly, but he had a hint that he could know her for years and her still be a mystery to him. He was never quite sure what to expect from her, teasing or snapping, a feeling of welcome or a feeling of being pushed away. Heck, maybe she didn’t even know herself what she wanted.

He listened intently until she finished, head tilted curiously before a half smile broke over his face, eyebrows creased. “And if it was a date? A date is just spending time with someone you like, getting to know them, it’s not like I’d be chaining you to me for life,” he tried to lighten the mood, make it less serious, but as her shoulders fell forward his smiled vanished. Rubin may have been just a silly teenage boy, but he was a people person through and through—seeing someone, especially someone who had been so helpful to him, show such distress weighed on him.

Instinctively he reached out to take her hand, but stopped last minute in order to not make her more uncomfortable, instead landing on the table. “Look, it’s not a date, call it whatever you want, I just wanted to show how grateful I was for all your help…but is that really going to make you feel better? Are you sure there’s not more bothering you?” Her blue eyes were looking anywhere but him, but he kept trying catch their gaze, a sign of honesty. Finally, almost in a sign of defeat, he leaned back into his seat and sighed. “I’m sorry if I upset you, but you don’t need to be. It’s just dinner. And if you ever want to talk about any of that…stuff—” he gestured his hands as if he was holding something, “—that you’re carrying, I’d be happy to listen.” Yes, Rubin may have been an oblivious werewolf pup, but he wasn’t completely blind when it came to the hints people left in their hidden language. “But for now,” he smiled reassuring, dropping the subject and moving on, “let’s just have a nice dinner, alright? I’m starving!”

The rest of their time at dinner was relatively peaceful, Rubin—after a couple of warning looks from Kennedy, dropped any subject of werewolves and found something else to talk about while they were in public ears. He told her about his family, his sisters, and how he absolutely could not miss lacrosse and therefore would need her help controlling the…eh, thing, which might prevent him from playing. And he listened to her, whatever she felt like talking about. Whenever she looked uncomfortable or unsure, he made a joke, or showed her that he could balance a spoon on his nose—anything to distract her and make her feel more okay in this environment. He might have only just met this girl, but she’d already helped him so much, he wanted the two of them to be friends—seeing as they would be seeing a lot of each other, with the whole werewolf thing.

The sun had begun to fall when the two finished. Rubin—who could hear just about everything due to his new ability—began immensely distracted by a conversation one waiter was having with another. Finally, he turned his focus back to Kennedy. “Did you hear them? About that poor girl missing? I hope she’s alright—I mean, you don’t think, that something, uh, unusual happened to her, do you?” he asked worriedly. Rubin had no idea who the girl was, but what if she’d gotten lost in the woods? And the same thing that found him found her? What if she was alone and scared with a giant bite wound? It hadn’t been long at all he was in the same position, how could he not worry something like that might have happened again?

COMPANY xx Kennedy xx LOCATION xx restaurant xx JOURNAL xx PLAYLIST

Emmaleth

Sparkly Fairy

User ImageUser Image
                                                                  LOCATION: near the vet clinic xxxxxxx COMPANY: no one xxxxxxx MOOD: hopelessxxxxxxx PLAYLIST: { x }
                                                                  ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
                                                                  He'd done it again. He'd thrown all his self-control to the wind, gave in to the monster within him.

The woods were silent save for the slow dragging of Kalen's feet across the ground, his breath coming out in shaky, shallow bursts. His head felt foggy, making the dark trees and foliage all around him almost spin in his disoriented state. His hands and mouth were caked with blood but he was unsure if it was his own or that of his prey -- possibly both, but the metallic taste on his lips was enough to make his gag every time he accidentally got a bit of it on his tongue. He'd gotten his fill, alright, but the very thought of what he'd done was weighing heavy on his heart as he walked.

He'd just...lost control. He should've known better than to go out for a run as the last rays of sun were sinking behind the horizon, but he'd just had to get out and do something -- over the past few years, things had become increasingly hard for Kalen whenever he couldn't keep himself busy. Earlier tonight had been especially bad as his deceased little brother's birthday had been today. All day long he'd felt like a mere shell of a person as he was once again reminded of his past mistakes, and he'd thought it would be a good idea to let off some steam by taking a long jog along the edge of the forest, like he always did whenever he needed to just...get away from everything.

He hadn't gotten very far, however, when he started to think too much about everything that had happened. How his brother would have been seventeen today, how he was gone now because of him. He was suddenly hit by a wave of extreme anger, grief and self-loathing, and dropped to his knees right there in the dirt. He lost control. Then...everything had gone black for a moment as excruciating pain wracked his transforming body, followed by an overwhelming lust for something, anything to take his anger out on. There was no way he could've stopped himself from bounding off into the woods, his glowing eyes flickering back and forth, searching ravenously for something to sink his teeth into.

Whatever inkling of rationality left in his subconscious begged for his victim to just be an unlucky deer or something, but it couldn't be that easy. He ended up getting a hold of a few animals that were unfortunate enough to cross his path, but when he ran headlong into a lone hunter he abandoned any human instinct within him that told him to stop. Before the man even knew what was going on he jumped on him, biting with vicious, blood-stained fangs while his claws pinned the hunter to the forest floor. At some point, however, the hunter pulled a gun on him and fired desperately, eventually managing to put a bullet through Kalen's side.

Wounded, Kalen had rolled off of the hunter before scrambling up and fleeing into the trees, not stopping until he was sure he'd lost him. As he ran his human senses were returning to him, his strides becoming shorter, the mix of bloodlust and adrenaline pumping through his veins fading. He wasn't sure how long it had been, but eventually he was back to himself again; weak, bleeding and wishing he was dead more and more with every second that passed by, he continued on only because his legs kept going.

He walked and walked with no sense of direction, the shooting pain in his side making him unable to think about anything logically. He just...walked. After what felt like hours passed, however, he thought he saw the faint glow of lights -- that had to be Beacon Hills. Though in that moment he wanted nothing more than to lay down and die, he willed himself on with the hope of finding help. Vaguely in the distance, he thought he could make out a sign that said "Veterinarian Clinic".

As he passed through the treeline, however, his legs finally failed him and he slumped to the ground, dizzy with blood loss and exhaustion. This is it. I'm done for, He thought as his face hit the grass, his consciousness fading in and out.

That Girl Called Suki

Omnipresent Fairy

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                                                            D R E WXX D A V I S
                                                            ___________________________________________________________________

Drew felt like Beacon Hills was falling apart. He’d only been back a few days and all of the chaos going on in the town was staggering. He didn’t know what else he expected, though, with the beacon lit after so many years of silence, other creatures aside from his clan would be drawn here. Maybe he just expected that the resident alpha would be able to handle it. That’s what the alpha’s job was. His father had been the greatest alpha the pack had ever seen. His cousin, Simon, not so much. The man was far too passive to pull off protecting them. Simon didn’t deserve to be the alpha… With his helmet tucked under his arm, Drew peered at a TV through the window of a store. Johanna Gringotts. She was just a girl, still of school age. Missing.

For a moment, Drew sat there and let it sink in. Teenage girls wouldn’t be going missing if he was in charge of protecting the town. There weren’t any clear clues in the case, but it just reeked of supernatural involvement to him, and his intuition usually didn’t fail him. Growling impatiently, he jammed his helmet onto his curly head and kick-started his bike, zipping off down the road. He needed to get out of the town. There were too many noise and smells that overwhelmed him. He wanted to think through things clearly, so he headed towards the forest. Weaving in and out of the trees, he sharply turned his bike onto an old worn path he knew wasn’t really traveled very often and kept going. He wanted to be as far away from the sounds of suburbia as possible.

When he thought he’d gone far enough, he slowed more until he coasted to a stop. For a moment, he just listened to himself breathe in his helmet before he slipped it off and tucked it under his arm again. He’d sweat a bit with it on, so the cool breeze of the evening felt nice on his face. Closing his eyes, he just took in the world around him as he sat idly on his bike. Then, after a moment, the breeze carried an odd scent to him. He could smell oils that vaguely reminded him of his old art classroom, and he smelled… someone. Opening his eyes, he quickly looked around only to lock eyes with a woman standing off in the distance. She was standing there just staring at him. It looked like she’d been painting before he disturbed her, but he still found it unusual. Why was she all the way out here so late, just to paint?

After a moment, she turned away and went back to her work, but Drew was dissatisfied. Hanging his helmet on his handlebar, he lifted his right leg over his bike and straightened out his pants before sinking his hands in his pockets and boldly trudging off through the fallen leaves towards the woman. “Hey, it’s getting late. It’s not safe for young women out in the woods at night,” he said to her as he got into earshot. Wow, he certainly wasn’t shy. When he didn’t get a response for a second, he repeated himself, getting a little closer. Maybe she was hard of hearing. “I said, it’s not safe out here. You know a girl’s gone missing? Wouldn’t know anything about that would you?” he asked, suddenly feeling suspicious of this off woman.

Drew’s brow knit together as he waited for her to say something, but again he caught her scent and it made him grimace slightly—not because it was bad, but because it was sweet, and he was suddenly guilty for being so harsh. ”Ah… sorry, that was more rude than it sounded in my head,” he apologized, tousling his chocolate curls as his cheeks filled with air before he exhaled his little sigh. “Look, where do you live? I can give you a ride home,” he offered, raising his eyebrows at her as he jabbed his thumb back towards his bike. “Urgh, I’m mean, I’m Drew… Drew Davis. And you are…?” he trailed off, his hands finding his pockets again as he leaned in with his eyebrows raised, waiting expectantly for the beauty’s name.

YOU CAN FIND ME - forest x x ALONGSIDE - mia masterson x x FEELING A BIT - alert

Dear Sweetie

Omnipresent Fairy

User Image

O M R IXX Z A D O K

Memories were such a funny thing when you couldn’t rightfully place your finger on them. After a couple thousand years, though, it would be understandable as to why or how someone might forget a thing or two about themselves, or those close to them. Heck, when Omri had woken up on the beach, all he knew was his name and that he had a horrible monster trapped within him that he had to keep contained, or else the entire world could plunge into chaos. No pressure, right? Luckily, some very nice people had taken him in like the orphan he was. They told him he was suffering from amnesia, so the fact that he didn’t know his past, what year it was, or how to properly use a microwave were all perfectly explained. He knew it wasn’t that simple though. He wasn’t mortal like these people, and he was optimistic that he’d discover himself if he just had time. Once he got a good understanding of the world around him, he thanked his caretakers for their hospitality and he’d decided to head back out—towards the ocean.

He didn’t understand why he was drawn there, but he just felt like it was the place he needed to be. For days, though, he loomed there staring out on the horizon. He slept in the sand every night, but he didn’t mind. It was actually very comfortable to him. Then, one stormy day, while Omri stood staring out at sea, the rain hardly concerning him, his eyes fixed themselves on one particular spot. He felt an enormous surge of energy coming from the depths, and he felt in his bones that the energy he was sensing would hold keys to finding out who he really was. Holding his hand out, Omri summoned that energy, pulling it closer and closer. When it finally came near enough to shore, a head of long pale hair broke the surface of the water. As the small woman sat there in the surf, terrified and sobbing, Omri just stared at her with wide eyes, still unbothered by the rain crashing down on them. “Nym… Nymphaea,” he’d murmured. He knew her somehow. That was her name.

Although the nature of their relationship remained unresolved, both little darlings knew that they had once been very close. She, too, suffered the same memory loss that he did, but he seemed to have a better grip of some things. Each day seemed to unlock another small memory. Foods he liked, songs she liked… Just simple little things. Days melted into weeks and those weeks melted into a couple of months. The pair had found a small cottage in the forest they decided to call home—a little abandoned house that hadn’t yet been worn down by the elements. Then one fateful day, fairly recently, a rather large memory overwhelmed Omri; it was the day that Nymphaea was born and how she was made as his other half. The two of them were actually bonded together, meant to love one another as husband and wife.

It was a shocking revelation, to say the least. It made him happy, though, because he did love her. In the couple of months they’d been together, Omri had completely fallen in love with her, genuinely, and not because he had to, so the memory coming back to him that they were, in fact, supposed to be together overjoyed him. However, it was also troubling. Nym wasn’t gaining her memories back as quickly as he was. She likely had no idea what they were to each other still, and part of him, while happy, didn’t want to tell her.

“Um, these ones should do nicely,” Omri smiled at the baker as he picked out a few fresh scones. “I’m so glad they still seem so fresh with as late as it’s getting. I really need to be getting home, though,” he chirped happily. The baker just smiled and shook her head. “Your ladyfriend waiting for you?” she teased. Omri blushed, but he laughed and rubbed the back of his head. “Yes, she isn’t very fond of wandering away from home once the sun goes down, but that’s okay. I wanted to surprise her with something—Oh… that’s so terrible,” he stopped, frowning at the TV hanging in the corner of the little bakery as the news report of the missing girl appeared on the screen. “Yeah, it seems to be happening more often lately. You better get home soon. It’s just not safe around here after hours anymore,” the baker cautioned him. Omri nodded and thanked her again for the scones before he scurried off into the night, jogging along the path in the woods that lead to their cottage.

When he pushed the door open, he popped his head inside to look for her. Catching sight of her, she didn’t realize he was back yet, so he took the moment to just admire her. Her hair was long and untamed, but it suited her personality and Omri thought she was just lovely. He could spend every day alone here with her and never get tired of being with her. Rubbing his lips together, he quickly came the rest of the way in and closed and locked the door behind him. “I’m sorry I was gone for so long, Nym, but look at this! Fresh scones from the bakery. I’m not sure what flavor they are… I hope I didn’t accidentally get some you don’t like,” a coy laugh escaped him as he rested the box down on the table and turned to catch her in a hug. “What were you doing while I was out?” he asked attentively, lightly stroking her hair and patting her head as he pulled away from her. Yes, she was his most precious person.

YOU CAN FIND ME - forest cottage x x ALONGSIDE - nymphaea x x FEELING A BIT - doting

Dear Sweetie

Omnipresent Hunter

11,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Popular Thread 100
User ImageUser Image

Location » Fountain | Company » Cyrus | Action » Eating ice cream | Journal » Journal

Aside from the lame school activity, the day had been pretty standard for a first day of school. She’d gone through all her classes, none of them seemed too particularly challenging, but that might just be compared to be a Jiniri thrown into a human foster care system, yeah that was a little weird. School allowed Avery to get some laughs, she didn’t particularly care for the whole educational experience, it was a little hard to consider schools educational when there was so much out there happening and they learned literally none of it. There was nothing in the history books about the famous people that had also been werewolves, or kitsunes, or banshees, or among the multitude of other creatures roaming the earth that most humans were blissfully unaware of. So once school finished and she’d shoved all the necessary things into her locker and removed what she didn’t need, making sure not to mess with her sister’s stuff, though the shelf was a damn good idea, Avery left campus. She didn’t head home, as much as she liked the idea of having a family, it was becoming increasingly clear that Ashton was not the best father figure and his bouts of anger could be dangerous. She liked the illusion though, the one that she had crafted for herself, the idea that maybe she could have a normal happy family, she had a dad, she had a sister, and while only one of the two was anything close to real family, it was better than an orphanage waiting for someone to pick someone else.

As she left campus though, Avery caught sight of her sister talking with a boy and for a moment debated interrupting, she’d promised Quinn ice cream that morning, but it seemed that the little wisp was finally doing some socializing, so Avery went around the long way, making sure Quinn didn’t see her so that she could go on talking with the very snazzily dressed boy. There wasn’t much else for her to do though and with no intention of going home or to school for the time being, she wandered the more populated parts of the city. There were a few clothing stores that she stopped in at, deciding to take a look, a few random people that she spoke to and of course, the occasional popsicle joke that she made absolutely certain to drop on her unsuspecting victims of good humor. Not all of them thought the jokes were as funny as she did, but that was their loss in Avery’s opinion. It was starting to get dark by the time she finally grabbed a chocolate dipped vanilla ice cream in a waffle cone with some sprinkles on top. A large smile on her face as she wandered around the increasingly deserted area.

It seemed that people were scared since the one girl had gone missing and being a girl herself, Avery supposed she could understand why, but if anyone thought it would be a good idea to jump her, attempt to rob or harm her in any way, she could just simply remove the idea from their head. "Scaredy cats.” she murmured to herself with a smile. Even if some supernatural creature appeared, she would just use one of her other abilities. Shapeshifting wasn’t her strongest point, but she supposed if the danger was great enough she could turn into something fast enough to get away and get home. She would probably be safe there. A lot of other people were clearing out though and as Avery wandered about, enough so that when she found a fountain, a really gorgeous one at that, she was able to find a good bench to view it and sat there, cross legged, with her ice cream. There was another bench nearby that a man was occupying, but Avery mostly focused on the fountain, she found the sight of it both relaxing and beautiful.

User Image
                                              Dear Sweetie

Sparkly Fairy

User Image

User Image
                                                                ⊰ ██ I EAT BOYS UP ❥↘↘x { YOU`D BETTER RUN }

LOCATION: home xxxxxxx COMPANY: Muffin xxxxxxx MOOD: bored xxxxxxx PLAYLIST: x
                                                                ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

After going on her little mall adventure with Angus, Julia had dropped her best friend off at his house before driving back to her own little abode. She'd been surprised at the ease with which Angus had talked to those boys; he was almost as good at it as she was. Still, Julia's talent with the opposite sex was hard to outdo, but she had to give him props for doing so well. About an hour after that they'd finished their smoothies and left the mall with their bags in hand, Julia dying to go home and relax after a long, eventful day.

As she was driving home, however, she couldn't help but feel a bit of fatigue; it had been at least a couple days since she'd fed last, and she was really starting to feel it. She physically needed the attention that people gave her, whether it was positive or negative. Without it she felt like a starved animal, but it's not like she had to go very long without it, generally. With her reputation at school and her superior good looks, people were constantly looking at her, judging her. And she loved it. Still, right now she could really use a bit of a pick-me-up and so, slowing to a stop at a red light, Julia looked around for any unsuspecting men and quickly spotted a car full of them to her right.

"Hey, gorgeous! You wanna have a good time?" The driver called, backed by a chorus of whistles and whoops coming from the others. They were older and definitely sleazy-looking, but Julia wasn't picky when it came to attention. Giving them a teasing smile, Julia flipped her hair over her shoulder and blew the men a kiss. Instantly she felt their arousal like sparks in the air and she drank it in, sighing in relief at the sustenance. The feeding was brief, however, as the light turned green and she heard a car honk impatiently behind her. With this, Julia gave the men another wave to get one more little taste before speeding off down the street toward home.

Julia's house was positioned on top of its own hill in the nicer part of town, and it definitely put people into awe whenever she brought them over. More of a mansion than anything, the house almost looked like something out of a fairy tale, with the long tendrils of vines creeping up the outside walls and the fountain situated in the center of the roundabout driveway. As Julia sped up the hill and parked her car in front of the house, she noticed that her brother's car was there but her father's was not. Typical -- she rarely ever saw either of her parents, but she couldn't really care less.

As the siren entered her house she threw her purse and shopping bags at the foot of the stairs and shuffled into the kitchen, emitting a yawn as she reached up to tousle her caramel brown hair. "Jamie! You home?" She called, hearing nothing from upstairs. That must've meant he was in the kitchen or maybe watching TV, and so with this Julia made a beeline for the kitchen for some food. She was greeted excitedly by the family dog, Muffin, an extremely fluffy Pomeranian.

"Hiiii, baby," She cooed, picking the little fluffball up and snuggling her against her face. After letting Muffin lick her face a few times she set the dog down and whipped out her phone as she began searching the pantry for something to munch on. She emerged with a bag of pretzels and plopped herself into a chair at the kitchen table, popping a pretzel into her mouth as she scrolled through her Instagram. Nothing interesting at all. With a bored sigh, Julia snapped a quick, effortless selfie and began scrolling listlessly through filters, not bothering to look up from her phone.

That Girl Called Suki

Omnipresent Fairy

As Dottie agreed to go out for a bite with him, Simon couldn’t help the adoring smile that spread across his lips as his eyes crinkled shut with glee. Most people would have found the librarian to be quirky, but compared to what Simon dealt with on a daily basis, the woman was about as normal as could be and he definitely appreciated a little bit of normalcy from time to time. The afternoon with her was nice and calm—something the alpha didn’t get to experience often (and why he hid away in the library when things got a bit overwhelming for him). They chatted about books and he chuckled at her great enthusiasm for them. It just felt nice to smile and not worry about anything for the time being.

Jumping with a start as Dottie slammed her hands on the table top, Simon’s head whipped around to look up at the clock as well. “Oh wow, time really got away from us,” he commented in awe. Then the words started falling out of her mouth, and kept falling, and falling and falling and falling as she started to fuss with her purse. Blinking his large brown eyes, Simon got up from the table and reached out, gently taking her wrist to get her to just stop and slow down. Tilting his head, he waited for her to just simple notice him, and when their eyes locked, he smiled as if greeting her again for the first time.

“This afternoon and evening were great,” he said reassuringly. “And don’t worry about that,” he added, waving dismissively at her purse. “My treat.” Before he could do anything else, though, Dottie tripped, and quite abruptly, on the leg of her chair. Simon winced. He knew she would have broken her face and he really didn’t want her to get hurt while he was around. Without thinking about it, he instinctively reached out and caught her with his supernatural reflexes. Hauling her back up just as quickly as he’d caught her, he simply held her there in his arms for a moment without realizing it. “Are you alright? You’re not hurt are you? That was pretty close. Can’t have you bumping your head, too. I think just one of us having a concussion today is enough,” he teased lightly. Then he finally took note of the baffled look on her face, and he realized that he was still holding her and that they were in quite close proximity to one another. Gulping, he quickly and awkwardly released the little librarian to allow her to scurry away. “I—sorry,” he grimaced, not quite sure what else to say about invading her personal space like that.

Luckily, Simon wasn’t meant with scorn but instead, Dottie began to laugh. A sigh of relief came from him as he pulled his wallet from his back pocket to pay for their outing. “Sports, yeah, you could say that. My family used to be pretty large so staying active wasn’t really optional,” he laughed, reflecting back when he used to run wild with other young werewolves. “I was on the lacrosse team for a while in high school, though. Sadly, I’m not the competitive type so team sports didn’t hold my interest too much,” he shrugged, slipping his wallet back into his pocket. Then the sound of the radio across the room met with his ears and all of the happy, warm fuzzies settled.

“Here, let me walk you home,” he said. His voice was soft but carried undertones of authority to them meaning there was no way she could argue. “There’s too many incidents happening around here lately. I don’t’ want you to walk home by yourself,” he added, trying to stay “normal” but the weight of the situation involving the missing girl obviously drug him down a few notches. As they passed by the radio, he paused to finish listening to the report, then he sighed again, sinking his hands into his pockets as he shook his head. “I don’t know what I’d do if it was one of my kids,” he murmured. Then, realizing what he said, he pursed his lips. “I tutor a few kids in my spare time. They’re all pretty rowdy, but I’d beat myself up if something happened to any of them,” he partially lied as they made their way out onto the street.

“Dottie, let me see your phone,” he said suddenly. After she handed it over, he programmed his number into it. “If you see or hear anything strange or you feel worried for any reason, call me, okay?” he said, a pleading gleam in his eye as he handed her phone back to her. He could be a bit of a worry wart and his paternal instincts got the best of him sometimes. Hopefully, she wouldn’t think it strange of him. For a moment they walked on it what Simon believed to be a comfortable silence. He thought about his day and a fond smile spread across his lips once more before he glanced over to her. "You know, today was really just what I needed. You're really easy for me to talk to, too. I would... absolutely love to do this again sometime-- if you'll let me take you out to dinner maybe? Like a real dinner, not just muffins and coffee," he chuckled lightly, sucking in his bottom lip as he looked over to her with a glint of hope in his eyes.

YOU CAN FIND ME - outside x x ALONGSIDE - dottie x x FEELING A BIT - doting & worried

Dear Sweetie

Omnipresent Fairy

R H O D E XX A S E N A T H

Normally, Rhode was a decent enough navigator. She didn’t really get lost often, but ever since moving to Beacon Hills, she’d started to wager that her navigation skills were as keen as they were due to the fact that she was so accustomed to her surroundings. For some reason, the woods near this town just stumped her (no pun intended). It was like a labyrinth more than anything and she was beyond frustrated. Luckily, Lothar was with her and having the lovable beast at her side was a comfort, even if she was calling out for some blind man to come save them—one she hardly knew, at that. It didn’t matter, he was the reason she was out there. She wanted to find this stranger. She was compelled to find him.

When she did hear him grunt, she spun, her long raven hair in her wake as her eyes landed on the sight of him. For a moment, she just breathed and took in his presence. From his tattered clothing to his messy pale hair and those eyes that stared off into a world completely unseen. Still, despite looking rugged, something about him was just beautiful to Rhode, and that was probably a big part of why she wanted to find him. She’d already admitted to herself she was attracted to him, however crazy that was. What she hadn’t done was really think about what she was going to say to him once she found him. She was good at many things, planning ahead wasn’t one of them.

“Me,” she breathed back as he addressed her. “Home? I… I don’t know which was is home. I got turned around… again… trying to find you,” she added, her feet shuffling in the dried leaves slightly as she inched a tad bit closer. She wrinkled her nose as she looked down at Lothar who merely licked his chops at her and sat by Hunter’s side. It was like the dog was telling her to quit being such a sissy and just talk to the man. Sighing slightly, Rhode bit the inside of her cheek. “I might get turned around easily here but I can take care of myself and whatever these woods have to throw at me,” she tossed out, sounding a bit defensive.

“And… well… he got lost out here recently and I thought he wasn’t coming home, yet he did. You wouldn’t know anything about that, would you? I mean, how many people can just be living out here,” she scoffed slightly, a small smile spreading across her face before she stopped and cleared her throat to correct herself. “That is, I mean, if you did help, I wanted to give proper thanks,” she added, turning to pull her satchel in front of her before she dug around inside. Pulling a small Tupperware container out, she popped open the lid and held it out at arm’s length. “It’s just some stew I made. I thought you might like a decent meal,” she said, a little quieter as she looked down at the small dish. Would he get offended by the gesture? She really hoped not. She should have thought that through a little more. Wrinkling her freckled nose once more.

Holding the container in both hands before her, she felt her confidence fading the more that she spoke. Looking up, she rolled her eyes at herself. “It’s going to get cold out here soon, too, so I brought an extra blanket from home. It’s not new or anything, so it probably smells like my house instead of the store, but it’s super warm so I thought it would be nice for you to have,” she went on, biting her lip. Why was she rambling on when he had said that he was concerned for their safety? Glancing at her wristwatch, she cursed under her breath. “I didn’t realize how long we’ve been wandering out here. It would take forever to get home now,” she said, more to herself than to him. “Looks like I just made a mess of things… again,” she added.

Looking up at him, she blinked her large brown eyes for a moment. She knew that he must live out here somewhere, but judging by his clothes, once more, she figured that it must not be in a house, of all things. Concern the flooded her features. “Do you have a home out here? If it’s not safe, you’ve got to have some sort of shelter, too. How can I go home and play it safe in good conscience knowing you’re out here where it isn’t safe? That’s not fair at all, I don’t think. I’m not going to leave you alone,” she decided on the spot, her tone full of finality, and when Rhode made up her mind about something, there wasn’t any changing it. Stepping forward so that she was about arm’s length away from him, she tilted her head and looked up into his blank eyes. “You hear me? Not leaving you,” she said, still firm but softer. With that, Lothar lapped his tongue at Hunter’s fingertips as if the canine were agreeing with his master.

YOU CAN FIND ME - in the woods x x ALONGSIDE - Lothar and Hunter x x FEELING A BIT - concerned and stubborn

Dear Sweetie

Omnipresent Fairy

User Image

J O S H XX M A C P H E R S O N

Even though he hadn’t really needed to, Josh had hung around the hospital long enough for Kaili to get all clocked in and her shift started. Even though it was completely unnecessary, he stopped and explained to her supervisor that the reason she’d been late was because his car was a load of junk. He didn’t want her to get in trouble at work because he was an idiot, after all. He couldn’t just leave her to face the wrath of her superiors when it was no fault of her own. He wasn’t the toughest guy but he did have a sense of honor, so to speak. After awkwardly bidding his classmate farewell, he stuffed his hands in his pockets and made his way out of the hospital, only to realize that he did, in fact, not have a car.

Groaning, Joshua pulled out his cell phone and googled a number for a tow service. They came and got him from Beacon Hills Memorial and took him back to his car, then hauled the piece of junk back to his house. Thanking the tow driver, he paid the man for his services and put his car in neutral before managing, somehow, to push it into the empty garage. He’d get Rubin to help him with it later or something. Or Rubin’s dad. Someone, anyway. Sighing, he went into his house and tossed his bag on the couch before flopping down and opening up his laptop.

Pulling up his search engine, his research began. Werewolf. Werewolf lore. How to spot a werewolf bite. What happens during the full moon? Question after question and article after article came up, but it all seemed so fictional that he was having a hard time picking out what was true or false or whether or not it applied to his little buddy down the street. He was ready to give up on his wild goose chase when suddenly an electronic tune from one of his favorite songs vibrated from inside his pants pocket.

At first, Josh’s brow was knit together in confusion. Who would possibly be texting him? But, as soon as he saw Kaili’s name light up on his phone, a rather surprised look appeared on his face. Not only had he been rambling on an on about supernatural nonsense all afternoon, but he also made her late for work and made her walk there. He was certain that he’d blown it and she’d never speak to him again. Not only was she texting him, though, but she was actually asking him if he wanted to hang out again!

Letting out a baffled sound the way a quickly deflating balloon would make, he eagerly raked his fingers through his hair and searched his mind for a moment. “Uuuh… tomorrow… tomorrow…” he strubbled his finger at the base of his laptop’s keyboard. Glancing at the screen with a depiction of a snarling wolf monster on it, he tried to think if he should spend the day with Rubin trying to figure things out. Yeah, he probably needed to, for at least a little while, but he didn’t have plans the whole day! He was sure he could find time for both. Decidedly, his thumbs went to work typing her back a response.

“Sure, hopefully the car will be running by then haha. What do you want to do?” he asked, not quite sure what she had in mind and not knowing if he should consider it a date or what. “Crap,” he murmured to himself. Backing out of her message before opening his on-going message to Rubin, he decided to shoot a text over to his friend, who spoke to girls much more often than he did. “Dude. OMG. A girl wants to hang out with me tomorrow. WTF am I doing? Wait, what are YOU doing? I think I might know what’s wrong with your weird bite thing!” he messaged to Rubin before hitting send. Locking his phone’s screen, he tapped it on his chin for a moment. He was getting jittery. Hopping up, he set his laptop down and slid his phone back into his pocket. “I need a root beer float,” he grumbled before meandering into his kitchen.

__________________________________________________________

YOU CAN FIND ME - home
                                                            ALONGSIDE - alone
                                                            FEELING A BIT - @ 3@

Muzik_Freek

Dear Sweetie

Omnipresent Fairy

User Image

User Image
                                                            K E N N E D YXX K A I G E

Being in town and in the restaurant was uncomfortable for Kennedy, that much was obvious. Luckily, Rubin seemed to be highly sensitive towards her mood and body language. At first, the shewolf found herself crinkling her nose curiously at him, but she finally decided when he gave up trying to press her, that she’d go easy on him. He was just a boy, after all, and completely innocent as far as she could tell. As their afternoon carried into evening and the sun began to sink past the horizon, she found his goofy antics at keeping her at ease and his receptiveness towards her silent warnings to be endearing. If she hadn’t been naturally drawn to the boy before, she certainly was now. Even if he wasn’t a member of her pack or anything, by the time they were ready to leave the restaurant, Kennedy already felt that protective bond towards Rubin, and it came so naturally for her.

Pursing her lips, her blue eyes flicked towards the waiters and their conversation of the missing girl. When Rubin turned to question her, her eyes lit up as if she were drawing more meaning from his words than he intended. “It has nothing to do with us,” she said quietly, the ‘us’ she used meaning her and her pack. “We’ve been here for ages and Simon is so set on keeping the people here safe, but, like I said, we aren’t the only things here anymore. Something here is drawing in other… monsters,” she added, sucking in her lips once more to look around and make sure no one else was listening in.

“Come on, let’s get out of here. There are too many people in here and I need to make sure you get home safe,” she said, standing and beckoning him to follow her. As they made their way out of the establishment, Kennedy found herself walking with her arms hugged tightly around her and so close to Rubin that her arm brushed his as they went. “If it was something unusual, Simon’s probably already looking into it. You should meet him, you know? He’ll want to know you’re not a threat. If you want to wait, though, I won’t force you. I think for now, at least before the full moon, I can handle you on my own,” she mused, reasoning with herself almost as much as him. Looking up at him, she cracked a small smile again.

“I’m not going to let anything bad happen to you or anyone close to you. I’ll keep you safe,” she promised again. “At least until you figure things out. As for the lacrosse thing, I’m still really not comfortable with it. We need to figure out something you can think about that will distract you from shifting due to the adrenaline….” For a moment, Kennedy’s pace slowed as she thought. She tried to think of what calmed her. Honestly, she hadn’t needed something like that in so long. She could easily remember, though. The love and affection of someone she cared about. That was always something that calmed her and made her feel safe.

Turning to Rubin once more, her lips parted for her to speak. She was about to ask him what comforted when he was upset or sick. Maybe his mom ran her fingers through his hair or those little sisters he talked about cuddled up with him to watch cartoons in the evening. As she caught his eyes, though, a sudden selfish surge flowed through her and she closed her mouth again, squinting at him curiously. Reaching out, she took his hand and slowly tugged him into a small alley they were passing before she placed her hand on his chest and backed him gently towards the brick wall.

“Rubin,” she said, her voice carrying a low, warm growl in it. Reaching up, she gently placed her hand against his cheek and moved closer to him. “I do like you, you know?” she continued, her eyes flicking down and up, taking in the sight of him for a moment. Her other hand had found its way to his chest and was now slowly creeping up to rest on his shoulder. “I feel comfortable around you, and that’s saying something. Do you… do you feel the same about me?” she inquired, but the look on her face as she smirked up at him flirtatiously said that she didn’t expect an answer. Honing her hearing, she could hear his heart pounding in his chest, quickening with each word that fell out of her mouth.

Grinning, she pulled him forward off of the wall and lazily wrapped one arm around his neck, using the fingers on her opposite hand to lightly trace the length of his jaw. “I know we just met, but I meant every word about keeping you safe. I found you, so you’re mine, okay?” she cooed to him, gently caressing his cheek. Rolling onto her tip toes, she craned her neck slightly and closed the distance between them. What happened, however, was not a kiss, though, but instead, she just let her nose affectionately slide against the side of his before she fell and gracefully pulled away from him, taking his hand with her once more with a big, bright smile on his face. “Whenever you feel yourself losing control, remember this. It always helped me, knowing someone’s looking out for you,” she said, a red flush on her cheeks that she tried to just laugh away. “Come on, puppy, let’s get you home,” she said, clearing her throat as she pulled him back to the sidewalk, not letting go of his hand. Whether or not she noticed, though, was left for question. Her own heart was pounding strongly, but inside she felt a confusing flutter. She’d intended on teasing him along with reassuring him with her little actions, but it seemed they backfired on her a little pit and her possessiveness of him being her responsibility was starting to teeter inside of her. What the heck was she even doing?

__________________________________________________________

YOU CAN FIND ME - walking somewhere
                                                            ALONGSIDE - rubin blackwood
                                                            FEELING A BIT - @ A@!?!?

Dear Sweetie

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces