Welcome to Gaia! ::

Color Me Fubar's Significant Otter

Blessed Wife

10,625 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Hello Gaians,
I am taking a college course to become a teacher. This specific course is all about technology used in the classroom. Well I am having a difficult time finding some good technology (preferably free) programs that would be useful in a classroom setting.

To make this a little more clear:
My lesson plan I am creating is about the differences of theatrical play writing and screen writing. I am looking for technology that the teacher or the student could use to emphasize the differences.

If you are in school, (I am focusing on high school demographic for this lesson plan) and have used any amazing technologies for similar things please comment and tell me more. If you know of maybe any sites that could animate a student made play or put more emphasis on these differences I would love to hear about them.

Thank you for your time and I hope to discuss more with you in the future. biggrin

Mega Bunny

10,300 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Jack-pot 100
This area isnt really for homework help

That aside, technology can be an all encompassing word when referring to tools that help us perform something better or more efficient. Something like showing these differences via puppet demonstrations can be a form of technology. However, if you literally need an electronic form of technology, maybe you can have the children teach each other by having them split into teams and have groups record themselves performing a theatrical script vs a screenplay script. All students can watch both plays that their peers performed and have copies of the transcripts and spot some of the writing differences as they perform.

Color Me Fubar's Significant Otter

Blessed Wife

10,625 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I know this isn't exactly the place for homework help but I figured I would get better responses here because it is mainly technology that I am focusing on. Its not a question or problem that needs to be worked out. But I do understand why it must be said.

Anyways, I am looking for an electronic media for this project since that is what the class is about. I think your idea is wonderful and will give it thought and talk it over with my group I am working alongside with as well as look into other medias.

Thank you for your response and help.

Mega Bunny

10,300 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Jack-pot 100
freedomwitch
I know this isn't exactly the place for homework help but I figured I would get better responses here because it is mainly technology that I am focusing on. Its not a question or problem that needs to be worked out. But I do understand why it must be said.

Anyways, I am looking for an electronic media for this project since that is what the class is about. I think your idea is wonderful and will give it thought and talk it over with my group I am working alongside with as well as look into other medias.

Thank you for your response and help.

No problem. Glad to be of help. I've taken Technology for educators course before but in a lot of science courses we tend to talk about a more generalized definition of technology, which is why I still felt compelled to make sure what you wanted was electronic, lol.
Hey I am planning to pursue a similar course! I have read about places such as Khan academy and others that give you a wonderful experience of online! I have done a course from an online college ( http://www.lifeexperienceuniversity.org/fast-online-degree/ ) and so have a pretty good idea that how it works, I had a good research of organizations that can assist you in teaching course..let me search that will share it here the...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff