Welcome to Gaia! ::

250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100
I pray for all of you, and for the science world too. For, scientific revolutions, and discoveries have came too far. String Theory is going to far, in understanding of the universe. Once we understand String Theory, we will understand Everything. Since String Theory= Everything. A little String Theory history

1.General Theory of Relativity
2. Special Theory of Relativity
3. Electromagnetism+Gravity=Everything(False!)
4. Electromagnetism+Gravity+Nuclear Forces=Everything(False!)
5. Quantum Mechanics(VIOLATES LAWS OF PHYSICS.)
6. String Theory(Combinds everything, and shows 4 dimensions. 3 spatial and 1 time)
7. Super String Theory(String theory, only more complex will 11 dimensions, 3 spatial, 1 time, 6 compacted, 1 hidden)

What will happen next, saying nope, that's not right, there's more to add, and then they will add Ultra String Theory? Sorry for my lack of knowledge, but I just think that once we've solved String Theory, we've solved abstolutely everything there is to be solved.

Aged Pants

9,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Please don't make me sacrifice more bunnies to Higgs'thlu to atone for the faults of others whom displease Him.
And I bet someone once said that "once we had fully worked out 'Electromagnetism+Gravity' we will have solved abstolutely everything there is to be solved."
AHA! another person who doesnt understand the physics of string theory too well. its ok, its nothing to feel dumb about. you just have to keep in mind that yes, in theory superstring/M-theory will be able to describe and predict (to the level of uncertainty that is required) everything in nature. but keep in mind that even with quantum electrodynamics and newtons laws of gravity, working with more than two systems makes the equations become almost infinite, and that is just 3! all of chemistry right now can be explained with QED, but whem working with molecules vs atoms, it is almost impossible because you have to record every single possible history, even histories that go back in time, and then sum up the vectors into one property. it takes 3 years of grad school alone to be able to hand the reaction between two atoms! so yes string theory will be able to explain everything, but science will still have a LONG time to go before it is complete.
Since when could we have almost infinite?
I though we could only have 'infinite' and 'no where near infinite and even that isn't full explaining how bloody far away from infinity we are'.
well "almost infinite" in the situation is a figure of speach, meaning that the most advanced super computers would take 100 years just to solve one problem. but through new manipulations through mathematics, almost infinite is actually a tangible meaning! thanks daniel griset!!!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff