Welcome to Gaia! ::

Newbie Noob

I will use this topic as a log to look back and see if I make progress, also maybe meet some friends and help each other motivate one another.

Ryoko Nomara's Husband

In the Army we used to do a thing called 60-120s where for you would sprint for 60 seconds and then jog for 120 seconds. Honestly, half of running is just to control your breathing so when you master that, you're basically set.

Running farther, just keep running, there's no short cuts.

Newbie Noob

Manakou007
In the Army we used to do a thing called 60-120s where for you would sprint for 60 seconds and then jog for 120 seconds. Honestly, half of running is just to control your breathing so when you master that, you're basically set.

Running farther, just keep running, there's no short cuts.
thanks, ill see what i can do, i normally run on a treadmill or ok a track, i use the tredmill to control my speed and see if i am cutting my time, but on the track i can dow what you said

Blessed Winner

build up mileage. start off small, like 1-3 mile to prevent injury. then gradually increase. you'll know when to increase your mileage when you feel that you are capable of going further. good luck!

Newbie Noob

pina coIadas
build up mileage. start off small, like 1 mile to prevent injury. then gradually increase. you'll know when to increase your mileage when you feel that you are capable of going further. good luck!
I am up to 6 miles atm, longest with out stopping is 4, normally if I dont lift(i lift every other day) I do 3 in the am, and 3 in the pm, if I lift i do 2-3

Newbie Noob

I took some time off but i am getting back to it, did light 2 mile this morning. My main goal for this week is to quit smoking. I am hoping that the pack I have now in my pocket is the last one i buy. I think i will also make this topic a progress journal, i will edit it later.
Just keep setting a higher goal, go further, go faster and go beyond.

Newbie Noob

Miragen
Just keep setting a higher goal, go further, go faster and go beyond.
thanks for the support

No Results Found's Significant Otter

Meta York

Keep yourself healthy make sure you're wearing shoes made for your feet, running socks also help. I recommend going to a local running store they can probably offer better tips than me for running and maintenance of your body. Keep hydrated when not running and eat healthy. It sounds like you are already over working yourself. Running the same mileage everyday is how you injure yourself and you won't see results.

I'm going to attempt to write down what some of the cross country work outs I used to do.
most of these workouts took place over the course of five days.
A good way to decide how fast you want to run is by %, 100% would be running as fast as you can 10% would be like walking.

you could spend a day doing calisthenics and lifting lighter weights but high reps

30 seconds on 15 seconds off (you can decide what speed, it must be constant the whole time)
40 seconds on 15 seconds off

go to a hill and run up it run down it, repeat

Mile repeats. you should be hitting your fastest mile time during these. Rest for that time or enough to get recovered. Don't stop for too long though wink

Do a distance day of 8 miles maybe whatever you can run up to.

sprint day. 200meter dash 150 meter dash 100 meter dash any length but you should be doing multiple reps

One thing I urge you to do it start collecting data on yourself. Run a mile as fast as you can and record the the time. This will give you an idea of what running 100% means and what running at 50% means. This will help you when you do mile repeats if you're running to slow you say to yourself hey I need to pick it up next time. Re-record this every 4 months or so. You can do this for your 3 mile time as well. you'll start seeing the improvement in a few months.

push yourself, but listen to your body. it's the best way to prevent injuries
during your runs wear a watch to keep track of mile times or long runs
100pushups 200situps after run.
run with the right form and control your breathing as 007 said
Allow yourself one rest day per week
Stretch before and after each run or workout
Maybe try and get a running partner who is at your running ability or a little more so you can both push each other.
Have a cool down of maybe a mile. The distance doesn't really matter the point is to not just stop, this can lead to cramps. Speaking of cramps eat bananas and keep hydrated 3nodding

Conservative Sex Symbol

umm, be a warrior.

Newbie Noob

Ran 4 after my lifts, i feel awesome biggrin
Are you wearing socks and sneakers when you're running? Maybe if you wrap something around the area while you're running, it might reduce the blistering.

Newbie Noob

Lady Kariel
Are you wearing socks and sneakers when you're running? Maybe if you wrap something around the area while you're running, it might reduce the blistering.
i think i figured the blister thing out, i wasn't tying my shoes for my runs, i dont seem to have problems now. Thanks for your post and concern
Meta York
Lady Kariel
i think i figured the blister thing out, i wasn't tying my shoes for my runs, i dont seem to have problems now. Thanks for your post and concern

Oh I see. Well I'm glad you solved your problem. Good luck in the future.

Beloved Browser

I'm jelly, I wish I could run even 1 mile without stopping, lol.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff