Welcome to Gaia! ::

Chloride's Husband

Beloved Elder

I like having short short hair. It's easy and shampoo lasts longer, and it's extra easy if I feel like being boyish for a day or so.

Also I'm an adult with a real job and had to leave my hair dying days in the past. emo

But having a job means I have money and I'm thinking about exploring the idea of wigs for funtime with more colors and longer lengths. Just for the hell of it!

I'm way lost, though. What are some good sites? What sort of materials should I look for? Are there any specific brands that are good?

Thanks in advance~~

Tipsy Ladykiller

Arda wigs has some fantastic quality wigs that are thick and not unnaturally shiny. Their wigs can also be heat styled, which is awesome because most wigs are made of kanekalon, which will melt in heat. Their wigs come in a variety of colours and styles, as well as having fun add-ons like clip-on ponytails and hairbuns in the same colour as many of their wigs! They can be a little pricey, but I highly recommend them.

Fantasy Sheep is a seller on Ebay that also make wonderfully thick, non-shiny wigs, but be warned that they are VERY thick. Thick to the point of heavy. Which is great for short wigs because you can't see through the wefts at all and notice that it's a wig, but can be troubling for long wigs.

Now, I will warn you that long wigs tangle throughout the day. Some less than others, but it will happen. You can freeze spray the hair at the back of your neck to prevent that hair from tangling, as it is the spot that gets the most tangled and nobody sees it anyway, but the main body of hair will end up as a mess at the end of the day. Silcone spray that is used for engines can smooth out the wig, but it will require maintenance to keep your wigs nice. It's totally worth it to keep the wig neat though!

Either way, I recommend you chat with some cosplayers if you have any friends who are interested in that. They spend a lot of time researching wigs since they want something nice for costumes and many places that sell cosplay wigs also sell natural looking wigs as well.

Lover

EBAY!!!! I get all of my wigs from ebay, and they're super cheap, good quality and very cute!

Mega Ladykiller

If you want good quality, you can buy from Arda wigs. Unfortunately I cant afford them when I cosplay.
Ebay seller called wigfashion is good. Ive purchased from them before.
I get wigs on amazon from china. They mostly have those japanese kanelon-or what ever its called fiber ones and for what I use them for, the quality is pretty good--I use them for costumes though. I'm not sure if they'd be good enough for everyday use.

Friendly Lunatic

♁- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ♃

I personally love Purple Plum wigs, sold at AnimeStuffStore (the only wig brand they sell). The
fibers are extremely soft, softer than any other wig I've purchased. And curls comb through easily
and snap right back every time, so they're relatively easy to manage. A couple of their styles that
have curls that go all the way up the wig can have issues with the netting showing, but wigs that start
out straight and then go wavy to curly are a good thickness. Which is how most of their curly wigs
are done. They also have some beautiful multi-color wigs in different patterns.

Arda is a great place to buy wigs, but personally I prefer other places. Arda's wigs look amazing, but
in my own experience they're very heavy and tend to tangle easier. I tried to use one for my Misa
Amane cosplay once and the weight of the fibers wouldn't allow the small ponytails to spring out like
they should. They fell flat every time. I have a straight lacefront wig from them that I use for my Alice
cosplay, and it looks amazing! It hits just past my shoulders, so it's not too long and the weight
doesn't bother me. It looks very natural! I love the completely natural shine their wigs have, which is
the main reason I still plan to buy their wigs. They are a wonderful company and have a vast array
of colors, but the weight of their longer wigs really gets to me. I've never bought a curly wig from
them so I don't know how manageable those are.

Also, both stores are based in the US. 3nodding

♆- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 卐
eBay is okay.
hairhegoes on Instagram is the best i've ever seen

Questionable Pants

Arda wigs are fabulous and I also like eBay seller meilifang-wig.

Fashionable Gekko

11,400 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Trader 100
  • Cart Raider 100
RPG Show sells some of the best wigs I've seen

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers