Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Muse

7,100 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Married 100
  • Noble Shade 100
So I'm super late to the fashion party and I bought my first pair of skinny jeans yesterday. I really love them, they show off my curves fantastically, and they're comfortable. But as a curvy girl, I'm a little uncertain how to style them. Any suggestions for an hourglass shape? I wear jeans to university to teach, so I was thinking cute sweaters and scarves with jeans and slouchy knee boots, but what other things do people like to wear with their skinnies? Blazers? Tunics? What shoes? (No heels for me, I'm disabled and have to wear flats.) Ballet flats? Oxfords? I'd love some input from other folks.

Questionable Prophet

11,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
All of your ideas are good. Also boots. Riding boots are still in, and look great with skinny jeans and a cute jacket and scarf.

I wear my fluffy boots all the time with my skinny jeans, and sometimes my Sperry's, or even my Converse if I'm feeling like a kid again xd
I personally think skinny jeans look great with loose sweaters or tunics and boots. In the winter I wear them with knee boots but they're super cute with ankle boots too. I have a black pair and they pretty much work with everything really.
Skinny jeans really looks so sexy and comfortable. I like your choice very much.

Doctor Pines's Queen

Thylacine Friend

14,100 Points
  • De-Extinctionist 500
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Cool Cat 500
Lady Finduilas
So I'm super late to the fashion party and I bought my first pair of skinny jeans yesterday. I really love them, they show off my curves fantastically, and they're comfortable. But as a curvy girl, I'm a little uncertain how to style them. Any suggestions for an hourglass shape? I wear jeans to university to teach, so I was thinking cute sweaters and scarves with jeans and slouchy knee boots, but what other things do people like to wear with their skinnies? Blazers? Tunics? What shoes? (No heels for me, I'm disabled and have to wear flats.) Ballet flats? Oxfords? I'd love some input from other folks.

Those things are all good but where did you get skinnies that are actually comfortable on an hourglass, waifu-mine?

As far as jackets are concerned, it's all about the lines. I think either long jackets or that cutaway you have would be good but a normal boring length blazer might hit at the wrong place?

Fashionable Noob

I wear them with everything. I don't own non-skinny pants. But i guess my favorite look that specifically requires skinny pants is to pair it with a baggy long top. I also like my chunky platform boots with them. Both make me look taller and slimmer which i enjoy.

Beloved Muse

7,100 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Married 100
  • Noble Shade 100
Aradia Dracaena
Lady Finduilas

Those things are all good but where did you get skinnies that are actually comfortable on an hourglass, waifu-mine?

As far as jackets are concerned, it's all about the lines. I think either long jackets or that cutaway you have would be good but a normal boring length blazer might hit at the wrong place?

Weirdly, Target of all places! They're incredibly stretchy. The only place they're bordering on too-tight at all is my calves. But everything is tight on my calves.

Cmdr_40K's Wife

Doting Darling

14,250 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hesitant Participant 100
  • Married 100
During the winter I'll wear baggy sweaters, scarves and boots with my skinny jeans. In the spring I wear tunic styled tank tops with flats.
i was never into skinny jeans... until today...

i'm starting to like wearing them actually.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff