Welcome to Gaia! ::

Romantic Capitalist

Hello! 3nodding
I bought my first pleather skirt today and because I am foreign to this fabric I was wondering how to maintain it? Can I machine wash it? It still reeks of that factory smell ):
Is there stuff I can absolutely not "put" on it? (i.e. oils, certain products, tell me your horror stories?)
I'm planning to wear it for tomorrow so if I don't get to wash it today can I just spray it with some body mist?

Sorry for so many questions, I feel like such an awkward duck in a foreign territory. . . lol.
Oh, and I'm also open to suggestions for how to style pleather!!

Eloquent Vampire

Pleather, or faux leather, should be hand washed and either hung or laid flat to dry. Do not put it in the washing machine, it may crack and wrinkle/distort the plastic, or the dryer, which can melt the plastic and distort it as well.

Romantic Capitalist

Jagger-Wolf
Pleather, or faux leather, should be hand washed and either hung or laid flat to dry. Do not put it in the washing machine, it may crack and wrinkle/distort the plastic, or the dryer, which can melt the plastic and distort it as well.

Thanks for your response!! I remember reading somewhere that letting it soak in water for too long is bad. Is this true?

Eloquent Vampire

EmbeRuby
Jagger-Wolf

Thanks for your response!! I remember reading somewhere that letting it soak in water for too long is bad. Is this true?
I would imagine. Pleather and faux leather are plastic, I imagine it would warp it or cause weird creases in it, etc. So just hand wash with hand-washing laundry soap (use the liquid stuff, it's easier than powder), then hang it dry or lay it flat to dry. Shouldn't take you more than about 10-15 minutes to do. And make sure you wash and rinse in cold water, never warm or hot.

Romantic Capitalist

Jagger-Wolf

I would imagine. Pleather and faux leather are plastic, I imagine it would warp it or cause weird creases in it, etc. So just hand wash with hand-washing laundry soap (use the liquid stuff, it's easier than powder), then hang it dry or lay it flat to dry. Shouldn't take you more than about 10-15 minutes to do. And make sure you wash and rinse in cold water, never warm or hot.

Alright I'll be on my way to doing it right now biggrin Thanks for bring so informative!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff