Welcome to Gaia! ::

Timid Humorist

9,350 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Conversationalist 100
I have very little experience with lipsticks; I very much wish that was different, because for some reason I have this very girly urge to go out and purchase a bunch of pretty lipsticks to wear.
However, I've done a bit of that before (only with $1 lipsticks from the drugstore, or a $3 lipstick from Revlon [which is also drugstore], all of which I very much disliked)... they sucked in both colour as well as texture.
So, I'd like your recommendations!
In particular, I'd like to try out a lipstick from MAC; I've heard that MAC lipsticks are lovely...?

I have an olive skin tone (warm), brown eyes, I am a brunette, and I am currently quite pale. I have light-medium pigmented lips; it varies. My lips are prone to being chapped (like, very prone... so nothing drying, but I really do want something that's nudey-pink, so don't be afraid to recommend something like that - I'll just exfoliate my lips before use [lol Youtube videos make me sound like a pro... a pro who has never worn lipstick]).

I don't want a matte lipstick this time around; I'll try that after I've found a non-matte lipstick that I like.

Go ahead and recommend any of the shades that you're familiar with and have tried! If it's not MAC, that's fine too. Thank youuu ^ U ^

Timid Humorist

9,350 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Conversationalist 100

Timid Humorist

9,350 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Conversationalist 100

Timid Humorist

9,350 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Conversationalist 100
Bump? Please help ^ v ^
If you can, just go to MAC and get someone to help you. They will let you try on shades and help you find one that you like.

Questionable Prophet

I know NYX makes this "Butter Lipstick" that I just love.
It feels like a chapstick, but wears like a lipstick. May be a good one to try if you're lips are dry.

It's also pretty pigmented and decent quality.

And they're cheap-ish. Six bucks. So you can experiment with a ton of different colors.

Demonic Codger

Definitely give NYX a shot.

Fashionable Gekko

11,400 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Trader 100
  • Cart Raider 100
Try Nyx lipsticks

Shameless Man-Lover

Honestly, Revlon are my favorite lip coloring products.
This video might be helpful if you want to look into different formulas and such.

Mega Ladykiller

NARS is my favorite brand. Their audacious lipsticks are amazing but quite expensive. Their satin lip crayons are also very good ! I recommend Bansar. It's from the fall collection some counters might still have some. I also picked up the NARS digital world set from Sephora, which is a great deal if you like the colors.

MAC has lots of nice colors, personally I like Media.

Urban Decay revolution lipsticks are also very good. Very moisturizing but tend to be more slippery.

Makeup forever also makes great lipsticks. And their Aqua rouges...they are completely transfer free :p

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff