Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Prophet

I eat really healthy and I'm gentle with my hair but my hair has this really weird light and fragile property to it. It's way too light and fluffy and it breaks easily causing frizz. I think it's because I'm mixed.

I put in a leave in conditioner before my hair dries so it usually looks nice and feels soft I just can't seem to get it any stronger. I tried argan oil but it turns out I'm allergic whoops. Any ideas?

Eloquent Vampire

Once hair leaves the scalp, it's dead. Meaning nothing you do to it once it's outside of your body will really "repair" or "strengthen" it. All you really do is glue the ends together with products or give the illusion of health and shine with other products. Ideally, you want to start strengthening it from the inside outward.

You can take an over the counter multivitamin with extra iron. Some would argue that prenatal vitamins are great for the extra iron, but I think that's unnecessary. Just basic "for women" multivitamins tend to have plenty of extra iron in them already.

Drinking lots and lots of water will keep you hydrated, and therefore your hair, too. Getting good sleep, not smoking, and avoiding caffeine can help a lot, too. But all of this will take time, as the average hair growth for most people is half an inch a month and if you're trying to grow out new hair from the roots, it'll take a while.

Fashionable Noob

Those protein rebuilding products actually work imo. To an extent they just coat your hair and require you to wash buildup off really well once in a while but in my experience they did actually fix my hair long term when i had bleached it pretty heavily. Can't say it'll work the same for you since your hair problem is different but it's worth a try.

Gatekeeper

my hair was all fried and breaking. i put that leave in conditioner in after it dries. spray and brush it thru. it helps my hair and keeps the frizz down.

Fashionable Gekko

11,400 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Trader 100
  • Cart Raider 100
protein treatments

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers