Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkly Gekko

10,125 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Citizen 200
I've always had a problem when using my contacts the second time, always a stinging feeling. They are not prescribed, more for costuming. Though it would sting, it would eventually go away. It's not the case for my black sclera contacts which is a lot bigger, first time putting it in I was fine.
After using my products, having them put in the second time was difficult, it would sting a lot and have watery eyes. My eyes didn't want to open and thought it would eventually go away. Had them on for a few hours it was better than the initial contact though still stinging, I eventually took them out. My eyelids puffed, my vision wasnt affected though the area a little red. The swell went down the next day.

I'm using Clear Care and Life brand Saline solution.

all of that sounds concerning and warrants a trip to the eye doctor

prescription contact lens typically state on the box what brand solution works best with them soo idk cuz

Fashionable Noob

My favorite solution so far is refresh. I decided to try biotrue when i couldn't find the other one in store and had that stinging problem also...though i don't get it anymore and am still using the biotrue until it's used up.

My optometrist also recommended the ciba vision clear care system when i was having some irritation issues. I didn't get to try it though because it didn't work on my schedule (then the issue went away)...it requires you to soak them for 6 hours.

Sparkly Gekko

10,125 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Citizen 200
Thanks so much for the advice !

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers