Welcome to Gaia! ::

Heart Master

18,425 Points
  • Team Potion Master 250
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Noble Shade 100
Hopefully someone here can help me solve this little mystery!

In my profile, I have a mixpod. I used to host mp3 files for this mixpod at filefreak.com, but alas, that site has closed down. So today, I spent time replacing all the mp3s with links to youtube videos that are pretty much the same as the music that was hosted before.

I go back and refresh my profile, but for some reason the mixpod keeps trying to play the old broken links. I want back to playlist.com to check that the new music is there, which it is. I checked the hyperlink that redirects to the mixpod player, and the link itself displays the mixpod correctly. You can see it for yourself here:

Tiny Link to Mixpod

Compare how it looks there to what appears in my profile. I am not sure if this is a local problem on my computer, or if everyone is having trouble listening to the music.

I cleared the browser cache completely, and the mixpod still displays the links to the old music. I checked across browsers, and the same issue appears in Google Chrome and Mozilla. Interestingly, Internet Explorer is displaying the mixpod correctly with the new music.

I tried clearing histories/caches on all 3 of those browsers, and only internet explorer continues to work. I even cleared cache through the adobe flash settings, and it didn't change anything. I must be missing something here! Any help on this would be appreciated. 3nodding

Heart Master

18,425 Points
  • Team Potion Master 250
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Noble Shade 100
I fixed the problem! I had to take the code that was generated from mixpod, code in the gradient effect, then post it in the media space of profile options. There must have been a difference in the codes that I didn't see before. Still think its weird that only IE would play it correctly and the link to tiny url played it correctly, but it works now and that makes me happy. 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff