Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'm not sure if column would be the correct term for what I'm trying to get at, so correct me if I'm wrong...
On current profile, I'm trying to change the column white color to transparent, meaning I don't want the white box to show but still keep the "About Me" description.
Ex: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

How can I do that?

reinasachiko's Senpai

Dramatic Gentleman

23,715 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Nuclear Plant 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
It is not the column, it is the panel

.panel {
background:transparent;
}
Fredy-san
It is not the column, it is the panel

.panel {
background:transparent;
}

Thank you!

I know this is off note, but when putting the opacity to a panel, do you know if there's a way to change the opacity for the text too? Like if I want to make the text a little darker than the panel? Because I know when I change the panel's opacity it changes it along with the text as well. I'd just like the text to be darker.

reinasachiko's Senpai

Dramatic Gentleman

23,715 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Nuclear Plant 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
You can utilize rgba colors for that. But to note, transparency colors on text only most likely noticeable on "bolded" text, either it is usually combined with text-weight:bold; or you are using bolded font-family like 'arial black' or 'impact', also text-shadow will affect the color greatly and most of the times you will likely not used it together with that.

IE8 and older do not support it.

Example done code, see the vertical text on left profile part:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/reinasachiko/24287935/

example code used in there

#id_details h2 {
font-family: Impact, sans serif;
font-weight:normal; /*change to bold for non-bolded fonts*/
font-size:52px;
color:rgba(255,255,255,0.5);
}
Fredy-san
You can utilize rgba colors for that. But to note, transparency colors on text only most likely noticeable on "bolded" text, either it is usually combined with text-weight:bold; or you are using bolded font-family like 'arial black' or 'impact', also text-shadow will affect the color greatly and most of the times you will likely not used it together with that.

IE8 and older do not support it.

Example done code, see the vertical text on left profile part:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/reinasachiko/24287935/

example code used in there

#id_details h2 {
font-family: Impact, sans serif;
font-weight:normal; /*change to bold for non-bolded fonts*/
font-size:52px;
color:rgba(255,255,255,0.5);
}

I see what you're saying. I started reading more about RGBA right after I read this because I'm trying to get it down right and I tried playing around with the codes and stuff.
I still can't figure out why the text isn't showing darker than the panel, though.
Would it be ok if I sent you my profile coding so you can take a look at it? Mine's not a really cluttered one, so hopefully it won't be difficult to figure out!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff