Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
You'd guess wrong.

Quote:
STAMFORD, Conn., November 10, 2014 – Internet sensation Grumpy Cat will guest star on WWE's flagship program, Monday Night Raw, Monday, November 17 at 8/7C on the USA Network.

Grumpy Cat has become a pop-culture phenomenon and currently boasts 7 million Facebook fans, 500,000 Instagram followers and her YouTube page has received 29 million video views. With countless media appearances including The Today Show, American Idol and Forbes Magazine under her collar, Grumpy Cat has taken over with a best-selling book, a beverage line and her own line of merchandise. Next up for this celebrity feline is the original movie Grumpy Cat's Worst Christmas Ever which will air November 29th on Lifetime.

"WWE's mission is to put smiles on people's faces – and now we will attempt the same with Grumpy Cat," said WWE Chief Brand Officer, Stephanie McMahon. "We are going to do everything in our power to make sure she has a good time."

Monday Night Raw is the longest-running, weekly episodic program in U.S. primetime TV history and is the most-watched, regularly scheduled programs on cable, airing live every Monday night on USA Network. Each week, it is rated one of the most socially active shows on cable television and continues to be a "must-stop" for celebrities to reach WWE's TV audience and its more than 420 million social media followers.

*SIGH*

9,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Hygienic 200
still better than bringing in Hogan every single chance they get

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
(screaming)_(poptart)

I disagree. While I have a strong dislike for Hogan, he's at least relevant to wrestling. Grumpy Cat is not. The whole "guest host" s**t flopped hard when they tried it, as wresting fans booed the s**t out of it. Whoever keeps throwing this idea out there needs to be fired...

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
(screaming)_(poptart)

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

By comparison, Hogan is more relevant in the wrestling community.

The guest host bit has seen some success (Hugh Jackman and what's his face from Breaking Bad [never watched the show, don't plan on it either] as examples, possibly The Muppets as well, though I'm a sucker for those guys), but not enough to justify it continuing...especially after the last few...

Interesting Sweetheart

Dion Necurat
(screaming)_(poptart)

The guest host bit has seen some success (Hugh Jackman and what's his face from Breaking Bad [never watched the show, don't plan on it either] as examples, possibly The Muppets as well, though I'm a sucker for those guys), but not enough to justify it continuing...especially after the last few...

Better Grumpy Cat than Snooki.

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
TheGreatestSage
Dion Necurat
(screaming)_(poptart)

Actually I'd disagree. Now, it's not like I think Snooki's guest spot was all that great, but they at least did something productive with her. It wasn't just "hey, I'm a celebrity and here's the new thing I'm doing." So she at least did more than most of the guset hosts did, and she wasn't that big a focus of the show.

Codebreaking Lionheart

2,300 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Member 100
WWE should bring back the 3 Minute Warning concept. And anytime you have "crap" segments like Kathie Lee & Hoda, the guy with the lollipop & bunny, Hornswoggle dressed as an alligator, Santino & Emma, Cameron vs. Eva Marie, you just send out a couple 420 pound Samoans to squash everybody!

Interesting Sweetheart

Rumblestiltskin
TheGreatestSage
Dion Necurat
(screaming)_(poptart)

Actually I'd disagree. Now, it's not like I think Snooki's guest spot was all that great, but they at least did something productive with her. It wasn't just "hey, I'm a celebrity and here's the new thing I'm doing." So she at least did more than most of the guset hosts did, and she wasn't that big a focus of the show.

I doubt they are gonna focus on Grumpy. I actually look forward to it because it's better than having most celebrities that people don't care about. ie; Entertainment Tonight? We can agree to disagree.

Swashbuckling Inquisitor

12,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
The only way they could make Grumpy Cat funny is if they had a bit where it's revealed that Ron Simmons stole his gimmick from Grumpy Cat...or anyone else that scowls...

Or Ambrose could steal her and hold her for ransom if the Authority doesn't bend to his demands.

Loyal Elder

Kaiser Khorosho
The only way they could make Grumpy Cat funny is if they had a bit where it's revealed that Ron Simmons stole his gimmick from Grumpy Cat...or anyone else that scowls...

Or Ambrose could steal her and hold her for ransom if the Authority doesn't bend to his demands.
The second one is funny and relevant.

Apocalyptic Gatekeeper

19,900 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
I'm more confused by Grumpy Cat having a Lifetime movie than anything else here to be honest.

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Evil Penguin Overlord
I'm more confused by Grumpy Cat having a Lifetime movie than anything else here to be honest.

Is it wrong that I'm hoping that it's a stereotypical Lifetime movie where Grumpy Cat will be in an abusive relationship?

Swashbuckling Inquisitor

12,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Rumblestiltskin
Evil Penguin Overlord

Is it wrong that I'm hoping that it's a stereotypical Lifetime movie where Grumpy Cat will be in an abusive relationship?

Why do you think she's grumpy? emotion_brofist

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces