User ImageUser Image Moon hangs round
A blade over my head
Reminds me
What to do before I'm dead
Night consumes light
And all I dread
Reminds me what to do before I'm dead
-Before I’m Dead, Kidney Thieves

Welcome to the Oubliette, a Breedables/Changing shop for Vampires.

GO HERE FOR THE OFFICIAL THREAD

This shop is loosely based on a lot of different sources, mostly from current and modern vampire mythology. Some of it is specific, other parts not so much. Please keep this in mind, it will not be 'cannon' to one particular fandom or set of guidelines but will incorporate many. You will find influences of: Dracula, Anne Rice's novels, Vampire: The Masquerade, World of Darkness, Noblesse, Vampire Diaries, Black Blood Brother, Blood the last vampire, Vampire Hunter D, Karen Chance, Anita Blake, Tanya Huff, Buffy: the vampire slayer, Angel, Moonlight, Blade, John Carpenters Vampires.... and many, many more.

Hopefully, there will be something delightful for you here.

User Image

Handsome Hunter

900 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
User ImageUser Image We kiss,The Stars
We writhe, We are
Your name, Desire
Your flesh
We are, Cold
We're so cold
We are so, Cold
-Cold, STATIC-X

1/ Welcome to the thread.
        2/ You are Here
        3/ News &Announcements
        4/ Rules
        5/ Setting and art teasers
        6/ Hiring (The undead need you!)
        7/ The legions of darklings
        8/ Events (something wicked is going on?)
        9/ Staff
        10/ Credits

Click here for guild: User Image

User Image

Handsome Hunter

900 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
User ImageUser Image The sun reclines
Eats my mind
Reminds me what to leave behind
Light eats night
And all I never said
Reminds me what to do before I’m…

25/01/2015- Quest event over. OE very soon, keep looking here!
        29/12/2014- Special quest event on page 18! We are still hiring!
        22/09/2014- Hiring still open but welcome to the staffers who stuck it out!
        18/06/2014- Updating main pages and dice game now out!~
        31/05/2014- Finished the powers section in guild
        21/05/2014- still setting up, ugh, should have finished typing some stuff out.

User Image

Handsome Hunter

900 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
User Image User ImageI've slept so long without you
It's tearing me apart too
How did you get this far
Playing games with this old heart
I've killed a million petty souls
But I couldn't kill you
I've slept so long with out you
-Slept so long, Korn

There is a world inside your own, that you do not know about. In the history of our world there are shadows of that place and every-so-often that second world spills out over this one in a wash of half-glimpsed nightmares. We call it the Oubliette: The dark hole where all the horrors are sent to be forgotten about- to be wrenched from our minds like the flutter of de-ja-vu and bad daydreams.

Since the days of ancient Sumer, the Oubliette have reigned; silent and unstoppable forces manipulating the mortal world around them. Every great achievement? Every great conflict? All if it is their doing. Their hand stretches long and impossible, and their goals… who are we to guess at the minds of such beings? There is a great and horrible unknowing there.

To the uninitiated, they are known by other names; Demons, Hellspawn, Seducers, Sorcerers, Nosferatu… but most commonly Vampires. Although there is nothing common about the Oubliette. To the eye, they may look like the average man or woman on the street, they may smile and wave as they drive past, some dark clear night and you might glimpse them fleeing to the safety of a home after a night of partying at the brink of dawn. But there is nothing normal about them.

There isn’t much time, I can hear the chimes on the doorway rattling and the wind howling in the trees outside. Soon, He will come and tear these words from my lips, He will rip the memories from my mind once more; or perhaps my whole mind. This is the second time I have remembered, I do not think He will risk a third. But if by some miracle you find this, take heed- there is a great war coming and we are all in terrible danger.

- DR. Bruce Harthinglove, 1987. Born November 1959- Died August 1987, scrap found buried amid his memoirs after he commited suicide. He was post-mortem diagnosed with Schizophrenia, although the autopsy results were lost due to clerical error. User Image

User Image

The Oubliette have been around since the first civilisations of man started appearing, perhaps even earlier. They are no more inherently good or bad than any mortal being; but their immense power does make them a great deal more fearsome. They do age and die, but at a much reduced rate, which is largely attributed to their diet, and they cannot stand direct sunlight. Read more weaknesses here

There are two social classes to the Oubliette; those born of the Aristocrat/Noble and those created by Aristocrats; the Vassals. While the powers levels between the two classes are identical, a Vassal’s power can be stripped by the one who made him, and the Vassal typically take longer to reach their full potential. Read more on two classes here

Furthermore there are five clans within the Aristocrats, each with their own unique hubris and histories. These five clans, though often at odds and rarely in agreement all answer to the Lord; the vampire who rules all with his or her might. Read more about the five clans here

The current Lord is young, barely 80 years old and many of the elder vampires are concerned that she is not ready for the power she has come into; both politically and mystically. The Lord’s name is Penelope Lillith, a descendant of the Lilitu’s clan main bloodline, and she keeps herself secluded from most of her people; barely maintaining peace. Her father left Penelope in charge after a particularly bloody coup that took his wife of over seven-hundred years from him, and he entered what the elder Aristocrats call ‘voluntary eternal slumber’ from grief. User Image

The Oubliette have two cardinal laws that precede all others, the first is never to reveal themselves to the world at large again, and the second is to protect humanity, not rule it. Each clan has its own take on these two immutable laws; but all agree that breaking them is a grave offence. A long time ago when humans were still learning to tame dogs, the Lilitu clan ruled openly of both the superior Vampires and humans, but it quickly became obvious that this rule was one of fear and destruction; because the differences in their abilities made the supernatural beings seem like gods to the people. It is has always ended badly and in wholesale bloodshed for the Oubliette when they try to rule humanity. The second law of protection came recently, from the last Lord, who viewed it as the responsibility of those who have vast power, to protect the weak and innocent who do not. The Noblesse Oblige. If the Oubliette are to run the world from the shadows and hope to be in it, they must be worthy of being there. If you expect a Vassal to obey you, you must be worth obeying.

The modern world has forgotten the Oubliette. After long decades of trying to fade into myth, of being ever so elusive and throwing out many hoaxes and fantasy about themselves, they are no longer hunted; perhaps still vaguely feared, romanticised, certainly, but vastly forgotten.
        That is, as long as trouble doesn't brew in the clans.

User Image

Handsome Hunter

900 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
User ImageUser Image All alone i have cried,
Silent tears filled with pride,
All a lone in a world filled with steel,
Filled with stone

1/ Daisy code. PG-13. 'Nuff said.

2/ Please refrain from fandom bashing. Obviously people have their own tastes and choices of vampire fiction and myth, while we try to cater to traditional tastes, we want to make this a positive environment for everyone, not just the Chosen Few. (this is not the place to vent your annoyance at twilight. It's been catalogued and done to death.)

3/ Please quote either a staff member or the mule if you have a query; its a great way to make sure we see it.

4/ No more rules for the I/T thread, for now, but more will come for the core thread.

User Image

Handsome Hunter

900 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
User Image Moon hangs round
A blade over my head
Reminds me
Night consumes light
And all I dread

I'm looking for a shop that will operate smoothly and with a degree of relaxation. Being staff should mean you get input on RP events, you get to make important decisions and you have a good time. This shop is not about making lots of gold; its about having a good time. If you want a rigid, analytical environment, work in a tax-office.

What we need:
        1x event coordinator.
        2x RP managers.
        4x colourists/artists.

Event Coordinator:
        Let me be flat with you, I can't organise a lady of questionable moral standing in a brothel. I have two disadvantages; I'm mega-spontaneous and I live in GMT +10 (the southern hemisphere) and I jump in before I've thought of the event rules/guidelines the whole way through. I need someone who I can say 'lets do this!!!' to, who immediately sends me the rules and tells me to get the prizes organised for !!! . Someone who can monitor and update the thread/event pages as needed. No prior experience is necessary; just a little attention and willingness to take charge when I get silly with idea spawnlings.
        Rewards Ye Shall Reap:
        -Freebies, obviously
        -Breeding slots
        -Ability to boss me around (oh, crack that whip!)
        -Love and gratitude
        -A power source as big as your head

RP Managers:
        I've found that RP managers either are, or aren't. If you apply for this position, no prior experience is needed, HOWEVER, no matter how good your experience; I will not consider you if you aren't showing interest in the thread. An RP manager needs to be seen; if you throw your resume at me and then never post at all or join any conversations, you won't make the short list. I know that seems really harsh, but I am stood up time-and-time again by shy RP managers who join and never RP or establish rapport with the shop staff or the customers. I want interested souls.
        Rewards Ye Shall Reap:
        -Freebies, obviously
        -Breeding slots
        -Love and gratitude
        -Control over the RP lands and character requirements.

Artists/Colourists:

I'm mainly interested in people who can perform line-edits and colouring, but I will consider colourists if you're good with it. Please colour/line the female lines below with at least 1 sample of your other work. User Image Don't be offended if I don't pick your work as I am looking for strong realism and soft painted style over anime celshading that is common on gaia. You may make edits to the base as needed to show your linework.
        Rewards Ye Shall Reap:
        -You can colour and edit as many as you want for yourself
        -Breeding,
        -custom slots
        -pet trade slots
        -love and attention and golds

User Image

Handsome Hunter

900 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
A blade over my head
Reminds me
Night consumes light
And all I dread

To apply for the event coordinator or RP manager:

[quote="The_oubliette"][b]I like the nightlife, I like to boogie[/b] [/quote]

[b]Username[/b]:
        [b]Time spent on gaia[/b]:
        [b]Favourite vampire movie/novel/manga:[/b]
        [b]Experience:[/b]
        [b]Anything else?: [/b]

To apply for the art or colourist spot:

[quote="The_oubliette"][b]I am a child of the night[/b] [/quote]

[b]Username[/b]:
        [b]Favourite vampire movie/novel/manga:[/b]
        [b]Samples from other shops:[/b]
        [b]Samples on Oubliette lines: [/b]
        [b]How heavy a workload are you willing to take?[/b]: (this shop won't expect a pet every single month, but we will need pets for events and a lot of them are going to be custom creations and quests, what are you willing to commit to?)
        [b]Anything else?:[/b]

Current applications:
        -
        - kaliskanny pg 6
        - SwordOfTheDarkOnes pg 6
        - Cherry Atomic Cupcake pg 11
        -

User Image

Handsome Hunter

900 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
A blade over my head
Reminds me
Night consumes light
And all I dread

CONGRATULATIONS SwordOfTheDarkOnes!!! WHO HAS ONE THE ADVERTISING CONTEST!

Rules:
        1/ For every person who posts 'I was refered by ____' you get 1 point. Person with most points wins.
        2/ Please use one of the following in your signature:
        3/ Event closes on 18.08.2014

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/pricing-and-suggestions/the-oubliette-vampire-b-c-i-t-hiring-wip-pg3/t.92180167/][IMG]http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y484/the_oubliette/WIPS/sherebanner.jpg[/IMG][/url]

User Image
        [url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/pricing-and-suggestions/the-oubliette-vampire-b-c-i-t-hiring-wip-pg3/t.92180167/][IMG]http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y484/the_oubliette/thread graphics/guild1.png[/IMG][/url]

Entries:
        - SwordOfTheDarkOnes: 5pnts
        -
        -

User Image

Handsome Hunter

900 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
User Image User ImageMoon hangs round
A blade over my head
Reminds me
Night consumes light
And all I dread

Owner and colorist: Auric Halcyon.
        RP manager: SwordOfTheDarkOnes
        Artist: Lilia
        Artist: Urban Geisha

User Image

Handsome Hunter

900 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
A blade over my head
Reminds me
Night consumes light
And all I dread

Yuberrific For creating the beautiful bases for the shop!

User Image

Handsome Hunter

900 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
A blade over my head
Reminds me
Night consumes light
And all I dread