Welcome to Gaia! ::

Would you buy my art?

Yes(for gg) 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Yes (for rlc) 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
No 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes:[ 0 ]

Anxious Detective

Hi emotion_bigheart So I'm thinking about making a bribe shop on here but I'm not too sure how to set it up? Is there advice anyone could give about creating/maintaing a shop itself?

Also I don't know so much for gaia prices but I can help give rlc price estimates of work in exchange c:
hi!
you should make a bribe shop on gaia. :3

I would say divide up your shop posts into things like:
Intro:
Art Samples:
Prices/Order form:
Working List:

Some artists combine all of them in one post, I personally prefer breaking them up for ease of viewing and gives you an excuse to put some pretty art as a banner too!
and if you ever plan on having events, do freebies, etc., reserve a few extra posts just in case.
Other things you can touch upon on are: (optional)
-what you like drawing
-what you absolutely wont draw
-what you might try once or twice but its experimental
-what kind of payment you take (gold only/items/combo/RLC)
-how long each art takes you
-how to order. (start trade now? or after a watermarked wip?)
-for bribe shops, many artists will tell their customers how their offers are rated. like 70character/30offer would imply that you put more emphasis on the subject than the offer. I myself am more of a 50/50. emotion_awesome also, some artists will give a bribe minimum.

have you had a shop on gaia before?
maintain should be super easy, minimally, just change the title when you are taking orders, or when you are full. I like making new friends, so I chat a lot with the people that come in and visit. XD

and make a small 200x40 banner for the shop too, I have a links out area where I exchange links with .

you can click on my sig to go to my shop, I kinda have a rambly front page but I hope you can get an idea of what I was saying. XDDD

tbh gaia has helped me so much with my art improvement, ill probably always have some kind of shop open.

Sugary Wolf

14,775 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
i started out pretty simple... and in about a month i decided to change my shop around multiple times and now it looks a tad bit more decorated ^-^. im not good at decor though, but you can see how it looks if you'd like to understand what i mean better.

you can follow what i did for my bribe shop but basically what i did was this:

For shop front, i put a sample of my art as the first thing you'll see when visiting my shop. below the image i added links labeled as additional samples of my art to click on. you can also use a spoiler instead of linking them out.

For shop body, i laid it out like below [with reasons]:

PRICES [so people know what to pay]

SLOTS [to organize my art orders to draw and so i dont forget them]

ORDER FORM [extra organization of order with added details]

WISHLIST [so if people only have items to offer, they know what items i want or need and they can offer those instead of items i dont want or need]

but you dont need an order form or wishlist. ;3 I recommend just having your sample and prices up unless you'd like a bribe shop, then all you have to say is "Bribe" instead of a specific price. You can also set up a minimum bribe, which is the least amount you're willing to accept as an offer.

Anxious Detective

Thank you both! That'll help a lot emotion_bigheart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas