Welcome to Gaia! ::

Thanks, I had a lot of my questions answered! 3nodding

Fluffy Bunny

8,400 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
OMG!! So cute!!

The level speak is usually in reference to the evolution of a creature.... Though some of the RP one's it refer's to the character's level, just like a video game.
Cherry Atomic Cupcake
OMG!! So cute!!

The level speak is usually in reference to the evolution of a creature.... Though some of the RP one's it refer's to the character's level, just like a video game.
Thank you!

I just found out from someone else, when it comes to trading adoptables, the levels mean their willingness to part with them. 3nodding

Fluffy Bunny

8,400 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
I don't have any tradeables yet.. I've been gone from Gaia for like... 2 years... due to RL.... so just sticking my toes back in .

Muse

1) If anyone can link to some FAQ or guide for adoptables etiquette, especially on Gaia that would be cool.

Off the top of my head...

[Gaia-wise] There isn't really an FAQ or guide to adoptables... However, you're not allowed to sell an adoptable made by another artist even if you own it (a lot of argument on this one, esp. checking if you have original artist consent), trading is okay.

[General] Never ever ever ever copy or trace another artist's adopt in any way. It's plain unethical and repulsive. This goes hand-in-hand with Closed Species. A type of species claimed by an artist that incorporates a certain set of traits with a given species name.

[General] There are two ways to sell adopts. Flat-rate and auction. For auction, remember to put a snipe guard, so there would be less complication if someone tries to snipe last minute.

[General] Set up and follow house rules. Some will state you aren't allowed to sell or trade them at all, or require the buyer to update them if the adopt switches hands.

[General] Likewise to regular art commissions, remember to watermark your work until you receive payment.

[General] Put credit if you used a base.

[General] What kind of adopts sell better? Look through threads on what is selling and incorporate these features into your adopts with a twist of your own taste.

3) Is my art/art style good enough for adoptables?

Yes, your art is suitable for adopts. However, art style isn't really as big of an issue as long as the design is solid.
En Noir
Thank you so much for the information!! *V*
I didn't know what a Closed Species was until you had mentioned it to me.

I felt like the last bits were really helpful. 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces