Welcome to Gaia! ::

Did you vote?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on November 3, 2004.
No longer accepting new votes.

Why should this country unite? I say lets have a civil war and the winner shall have the presidency, Congress, and the courts all to themselves. We have over 300 million...it'll be fun! ^_^
VragBlades
danjel
[mod comment]

Yes, everyone, saying "I agree", or any variation thereof, and adding absolutely nothing to the discussion at hand is what we, here in ED-P, call a "oneliner".

In case you haven't noticed the great big sticky in the ED-P lobby, such posts aren't acceptable.

If I have to come into another thread to delete 17 posts, then warnings will be handed out.

Problem is, i haven't heard many people really support the patriot act and such onm these forums.
I've argued this extensively on other forums. First of all, all sections that don't require you to show probable cause to a judge before demanding evidence have already been stricken down. The rest of the act stands. I see no rights violations at the moment.

Besides, the 4th amendment is still the supreme law of the land. It's above the PA. Anything unconstitutional in there will be stricken down eventually.

Anyway, to the original poster:

If you're trying to calm people down, I suggest following your paragraph that talks to Bush supporters with one that talks to Kerry supporters.
danjel
[mod comment]

Yes, everyone, saying "I agree", or any variation thereof, and adding absolutely nothing to the discussion at hand is what we, here in ED-P, call a "oneliner".

In case you haven't noticed the great big sticky in the ED-P lobby, such posts aren't acceptable.

If I have to come into another thread to delete 17 posts, then warnings will be handed out.

Problem is, i haven't heard many people really support the patriot act and such onm these forums.
[mod comment]

Nadia
How does that relate? (sorry; I should know my politics better sweatdrop )

Some feel that the Patriot act violates several parts of the Bill of Rights, and there is indeed some content of it which is questionable.

The thing is, it was designed to make the CIA and FBI a bit more capable, able to operate on their own without having to ask permission every step.
The problem with that is that it can be distorted, and some peices seem to lay a foundation for martial law breaking out.

Gekko

Amendment Four, I think. Bans unreasonable search and seizure.

How does that relate? (sorry; I should know my politics better sweatdrop )

Omnipresent Warlord

SoViEtTaNkT34
omnileech
X a n t c h a
I really can cope with Bush winning i just hope he wont take away my rights based on his own religious beliefs *crosses fingers then possibly moves to Canada* I have dual citizenship =) 3nodding

This election was decided on many areas and I very much doubt rights will be taken away based on religious beliefs.

well i believe that Bush wants to re-enstate the patriot act am i wrong? that does take away rights from the american populace it may not be based on religious beliefs but there still being taken away.

It gives the FBI more leverage to investigate criminals. The FBI sort of had it's teeth removed a few decades ago. Very few people have or will be affected by the patriot act. People make it out to be big brother but it's not. With that said, it needs to be revised so the people that do the searching have to show a reason before they do something.
omnileech
X a n t c h a
I really can cope with Bush winning i just hope he wont take away my rights based on his own religious beliefs *crosses fingers then possibly moves to Canada* I have dual citizenship =) 3nodding

This election was decided on many areas and I very much doubt rights will be taken away based on religious beliefs.

well i believe that Bush wants to re-enstate the patriot act am i wrong? that does take away rights from the american populace it may not be based on religious beliefs but there still being taken away.

Omnipresent Warlord

X a n t c h a

Gekko

Euraj Xaitsume
Panjandrum
Don't come to Canada. A lottuv us don't want to be scared by a bunch of immigrant Americans.
Besides!! You have to learn FRENCH!
Ques-ce que cest?

Qu'est-ce que c'est? J'ai seulement quatre ans de fran硩s, en un 飯le Am鲩caine, et je peux 飲ire meiux que vous. A葉

However. I'm staying put for two years at least.

EDIT: Arrgh, GAIA doesn't like accents. Bah.
ManaCrystal
Holly
No no, it's exactly the right time to say we're moving to Canada 3nodding If this is what America now stands for, I don't want to live here.

You should move to Canada. If you really want to you should do it, no one wants you to stay in America against your will. You should definatly check out immigration policies..

http://canadainternational.gc.ca/GTC/Immigrating_to_Canada-en.htm <<<Here's a good resource for you.

Hope it's helpful. biggrin

No, don't do this. Stay out of our country. We don't want you here. At least, that is the sentiment (although I don't want you here)
ManaCrystal
Holly
No no, it's exactly the right time to say we're moving to Canada 3nodding If this is what America now stands for, I don't want to live here.

You should move to Canada. If you really want to you should do it, no one wants you to stay in America against your will. You should definatly check out immigration policies..

http://canadainternational.gc.ca/GTC/Immigrating_to_Canada-en.htm <<<Here's a good resource for you.

Why are you doing that?? gonk
Holly

I think everyone needs to chill out. This is a very heated time right now, I understand, when the end was announced I cried. But this is not a time to say "I hate you!" "I hate bush we're gonna die!" "Kerry sucked a**, it's good he lost." "I'm going to Canada" "Go to canada!" It's a time to unite. Seriously. Fighting doesn't get anyone anywhere. Bush won, deal with it. He won't be impeached, he will make bad and good choices, he won't be back in 4 years.

That's reality. In order for Democrats to honestly be able to make a difference they must band together and let what they want be known. It's not gonna happen if you don't voice what you want. Bush won, accept it, and when he does something you disagree with, or if he wants to, let your local representitives know, let everyone know. You must voice what you want to get it. But pleae be respectful and legal about it. That is how you will make a difference in a country that is controlled by the opposing party. Then next election, VOTE! And encourage others to vote, that's what you Dem.s need to do.

The Repblicans of this board need to be more kind to the Kerry lovers. Be respectful. Right now the country is extremely divided, we must work to unite it, that is the only way we will all survive. and That is why this is AMERICA. Others have a right to disagree. When a Liberal or a Democrat states that he/she is opposed to something don't shut them down, we must all open our minds and listen to the other side. The country cannot survive this divided. It is too hard on everyone.

For the people who are of age and did not vote : Don't complain, you don't have a right to, the second you chose not to vote was the second you gave up the right to complain about how things turned out. biggrin

I beg people to please unite and work for a better America. We all live here, we need to be able to get along with each other in order to keep this nation as strong as it is.

That's all I have to say. We are divided, who ever the president is, we must let our government know what we want and what we think. We must work towards a stronger America. If Bush can do it great, if not, he only has 4 more years. Things will work, but hurting others and fighting won't get anyone anywhere.

That's all.

BTW I voted Kerry don't throw any Bush lover insults my way.

Thank you.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces