Welcome to Gaia! ::

BATCATGIRL
shoeless joe
BATCATGIRL
We've never been a slave nation

Maori!

We never slave them.

They were the ones slaving and genociding.

Are you willing to make the argument that the indigenous population of New Zealand somehow doesn't count as New Zealand?

Are you going to try to tell me the infinitely peaceful great white hope that arrived in the 1600's put a stop to all the infant cannibalism with candy and kindness?

Shadowy Powerhouse

9,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Nation, culture and society are distinct concepts. Said it wasn't a slave "nation," which it wasn't. The British annexation post-dated British abolition.

Of course, the British empire had previously held slaves, so depending on how you choose to identify colonies, it might be transitive.
Archaix_the_Ghast v2
Camera Stellata
Archaix_the_Ghast v2
Everyone is so overjoyed that New Zealand legalized gay marriage. Without Google, can anyone tell me what else New Zealand has done for the world?

Without references to Lord of the Rings films or bestiality with sheep.
Fought for Britain in two world wars.

Getting wholesale slaughtered at Gallipoli is hardly something to be proud of your country for.

They fought with the intent to help. Getting killed, losing or both is just a potential reality in war. The pride comes from fighting for what you believe. Many American soldiers died in WW1 and WW2 and are honored, I doubt it would be different in New Zealand.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff