Welcome to Gaia! ::

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
So, with Pokemon games in the past getting pre-order gifts, we can probably safely bet that there will be pre-order gifts for X and Y. I'd be surprised if they didn't, this is the first all 3D game in the main series and they're gonna want to go all out!

So, on the high chance that we're getting a pre-order gift, what are you hoping it will be? A figurine? Plush toy? Stylus, game case, keychain, or maybe just an exclusive Pokemon event?

Personally I'd like a figurine of some sort, (version specific, like, I want Yveltal!) but I'd be happy with anything.

Drawdle's Husbando

A plush would be cool.

What were the pre-order gifts for the Gen 5 games?

Mora Starseed's Husband

Intellectual Combatant

11,225 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Mark Twain 100
You should check this page out, it lists most of the previous preorder gifts, though it skips a few.

Anyway, the last few Pokemon titles have had next to no preorder gifts, or just plain disappointing ones. Ruby & Sapphire buyers got collectable coins with holographic images of Groudon & Kyogre. Apparently with FR/LG they gave you a freakin' messenger bag with the game's logo on it, the D/P/Pl games all had figurines (though only Japan got the cool Dialga/Palkia ones), and the HG/SS games offered the same.

B/W? Japan got Sound Drop keychains with the cries of Zekrom/Reshiram, which are pretty cool, and America got... well, at Target you got a set of postcard-sized pics with art from Gen 5 (which is much cooler than it sounds), ToysRUs gave out large wall clings of the Legendaries, but most other places only offered things like discounts on the strategy guides. I suppose the true bonus for B/W was being able to get Victini via wifi from Nintendo for the first month.

B/W2 was even worse, with Gamestop claiming that their Spot Pass download of Keldeo was their pre-order bonus, though anybody walking by could DL him. I guess again that the true gift was Genesect via WFC.

I'm hoping that we actually get a gift this time around, but given Gen 5's significant lack, I'm not holding my breath.

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Rukasu
A plush would be cool.

What were the pre-order gifts for the Gen 5 games?

Not much for Gen. V. If you pre-ordered at Toys R Us, you got a wall cling. Some Gamestops would give you a Celebi download for a Gen. IV game. In Australia, for B2/W2 you could get a little coin.

But the previous generations had some good gifts. For Gen. IV, you could get stylus' and figurines. Way better. Fire Red and Leaf Green, there was a cool shoulder bag. Since X and Y are the first all 3D games in the main series, I'm really hoping we get something good.

Fearsome Lunatic

20,100 Points
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • Hellraiser 500
I'm hoping for figures of the legendary pokemon.

Clean Streaker

I think a plushie or a password for an extra special event pokemon would be cool
like give us mew
or DW starters or something
that would be cool
getting a starter with it's dream world ability
we could play through with it

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
dancer_beh
I think a plushie or a password for an extra special event pokemon would be cool
like give us mew
or DW starters or something
that would be cool
getting a starter with it's dream world ability
we could play through with it

Event Pokemon can be given out any time. I'd prefer something physical. I'd like a figurine of the legendaries. Or maybe something featuring the starters.

Bloodthirsty Phantom

16,300 Points
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Partygoer 500
Considering what little the previous generation got as preorder bonuses, I highly doubt we'll see anything substantial for X and Y.

Rich Lover

11,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
Something like the Victini event would be fine.

I'd like a figurine, though:

Hilarious Tycoon

A plushie or event pokemon would be awesome

Animal Healer

I actually never knew they gave out preorder items O_O

Healing Healer

17,400 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I really want merch, but I think we're more likely to get event downloads. Possibly Mewtwo's alternate forme? Victini was given at the start of 5th gen, so why not.

Mythical Gaian

I hope we actually get some form of physical item. The event pokemon are always nice but you can always generally get those.

Explorer

I never pre-order and at my store they just seem to give out the preorder gifts with any copy of the games if you just buy them at the shop within the first few weeks.

I don't really care but plushies of Yveltal, Xerneas or the generation "mascot" would be nice.

Lady Fox

26,050 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Candy Massacre 50
A figurine or a keychain would be nice. Plushies would be really nice, but I am sure how realistic that is.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff