Welcome to Gaia! ::

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
at the clinic we have a lot of people who like to not have their dogs on leashes when they bring them in and let them run up to strange dogs. one client who does this has a very sketchy dog. i just really would like to try and understand why on earth he things that its a good idea to not have his sometimes aggressive dog on a leash when he brings it into a vet clinic right by a busy road? who is he trying to show off to?

so, dumb stuff people do to try and prove how well trained their not well trained pets are
Could you talk to the higher-ups/rest of the staff at the clinic about making it a clinic-rule that all dogs (or pets in general) must be on a leash or in a carrier?
I'm not sure if it is how they schedule vet visits or what, but there is like no one ever waiting in the waiting room. It makes taking Kirby in easy since he turns into a ball of nerves when he realizes he is at the pokey needle place. It is one thing I love about going to this vets.

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
~ Aki - Fairy ~
Could you talk to the higher-ups/rest of the staff at the clinic about making it a clinic-rule that all dogs (or pets in general) must be on a leash or in a carrier?

It is a rule and its posted all over the place and my boss has talked to him but he always does it then i have to run up front with leashes

Divine Streaker

11,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Mark Twain 100
♥ • ♥ • ♥ • dook, dook! • ♥ • ♥ • ♥

That's a serious safety problem. Any way you can talk to your boss about refusing service to this person if they continue to ignore your leash rules? That can seriously affect your clinic's consumer base and cause some people to look elsewhere if your boss doesn't crack down on it soon, especially if the dog is not well trained.

Also, it doesn't matter how well-trained your dog is, you should still respect other clients when going some place like that. My dog is excellently trained, by my fiance and I, and is also a service dog. I can, literally, walk her anywhere without her leash, but in the end, she is still an animal who reacts instinctively over consciously and so I tether her any time we go anywhere.

♥ • ♥ • ♥ • woozle dance! • ♥ • ♥ • ♥

Anxious Werewolf

16,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • The Wolf Within 100
No leash. No sevices.
Is that a sign you can put up?
emotion_awesome

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
cait-nathair

That's a serious safety problem. Any way you can talk to your boss about refusing service to this person if they continue to ignore your leash rules? That can seriously affect your clinic's consumer base and cause some people to look elsewhere if your boss doesn't crack down on it soon, especially if the dog is not well trained.

Also, it doesn't matter how well-trained your dog is, you should still respect other clients when going some place like that. My dog is excellently trained, by my fiance and I, and is also a service dog. I can, literally, walk her anywhere without her leash, but in the end, she is still an animal who reacts instinctively over consciously and so I tether her any time we go anywhere.

im not sure if we turn people away. i know that we are one of the only clinics in the area that will deal with truley aggressive animals. not that these dogs are horrible monsters, they just are very shy and not afraid to use teeth when they are in a bad mood. still not something we want running around though

and as soon as they come in my boss calls one of us up there with a leash so nothing bad has happened yet

Divine Streaker

11,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Mark Twain 100
Shanna66
im not sure if we turn people away. i know that we are one of the only clinics in the area that will deal with truley aggressive animals. not that these dogs are horrible monsters, they just are very shy and not afraid to use teeth when they are in a bad mood. still not something we want running around though

and as soon as they come in my boss calls one of us up there with a leash so nothing bad has happened yet

It's still scary to think about. Hopefully you can figure out a solution soon before something bad happens. OT, but is that a ferret with your pooch in your sig?

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
Flutter Fox
No leash. No sevices.
Is that a sign you can put up?
emotion_awesome

lol i may suggest that. we also give cheap slip leads away for free too so clients really have no excuse for not using a leash. most of our clients are wonderful at least, but we have a few who just have no idea how dogs work

im just so happy i dont work at the front desk. everytime i see 2 off leash dogs get close to each other i start to freak out

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
cait-nathair
Shanna66

It's still scary to think about. Hopefully you can figure out a solution soon before something bad happens. OT, but is that a ferret with your pooch in your sig?

well as far as i know nothing bad has happened up front. and on the bright side if it did we are a vet clinic so no better spot for a fight to happen

and yes, thats my boy, slyiet biggrin

Divine Streaker

11,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Mark Twain 100
Shanna66
cait-nathair
Shanna66

well as far as i know nothing bad has happened up front. and on the bright side if it did we are a vet clinic so no better spot for a fight to happen

Good point!
I still think dude needs to be slapped in the face with a moldy hot dog, but at least y'all know how to handle the situation if things go south.

Awww! I'm such a sucker for ferrets. I just took in a rescue on October 24th, but he's here to stay. I'm hoping to get him a friend sometime in the next 6 months now that he's back up to a healthy weight and his fur has grown back in, just waiting for it to get longer.

Tipsy Prophet

15,625 Points
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Ghost Hunter 250
Luckily the only time we've ever really had a dog come off leash into our clinic, was when I had to carry one of our clients dogs in because she couldn't walk. That was a heart breaking sight. Generally people will have their dogs on a leash when they come in, but if there's no one else in the waiting room, sometimes they let them just walk around, though there's really nowhere for them to go. Except maybe under the reception desk xD

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
cait-nathair
Shanna66
cait-nathair
Shanna66

Good point!
I still think dude needs to be slapped in the face with a moldy hot dog, but at least y'all know how to handle the situation if things go south.

Awww! I'm such a sucker for ferrets. I just took in a rescue on October 24th, but he's here to stay. I'm hoping to get him a friend sometime in the next 6 months now that he's back up to a healthy weight and his fur has grown back in, just waiting for it to get longer.

aww, i got both of mine from a rescue last year. just got them on raw and im trying to get them to start eating bone. i love them

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
Fallen-Pottery-Angel
Luckily the only time we've ever really had a dog come off leash into our clinic, was when I had to carry one of our clients dogs in because she couldn't walk. That was a heart breaking sight. Generally people will have their dogs on a leash when they come in, but if there's no one else in the waiting room, sometimes they let them just walk around, though there's really nowhere for them to go. Except maybe under the reception desk xD

yeah that im fine with. if no one else is in the lobby then i really dont care. and of course when someone carries in their dog it doesnt really matter

we do have a clinic cat that i worry about but she is smart enough to stay on the counter when she is up front. i think im the only one that worries lol, she is so chill about everything

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff