Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anxious Werewolf

16,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • The Wolf Within 100
Little update since it's been awhile. Recently Sally's went to the vet and was a huge hit at the office! Everyone loved her and she did really well when there was cats and dogs in the waiting room. Her health is good and she got updated on shots unfortunately my mental health has kinda been all over the place so I haven't been able to do much training or go to the trainer I've been wanting to go to. But we have been going to the dog park lots, it's such a great park and every time I go I see something poodley it's great!

User Image
Of course a recent picture for you all! We were playing with a cat wand until it died. For some reason most cat toys aren't built for pit mixes. emotion_awesome

We've been having one issue lately and that's me and my bf can't be outside together with Sally. One on one she's great! When it's me and her we go on walks and it's nice and quiet, with the bf she's usually off leash at the park and never goes far away. When we go together she's totally different and will bark nonstop at every person/dog/leaf and will run off when she was off leash once.

Is this just a personality thing or something we can work on? I would like the three of us to go on walks together and maybe I could go to the vet with her and not just stay at home. emo

Also! Thinking about doing some raw chicken or turkey necks for teeth cleaning. I'm not sure which bird neck to go for. We haven't done any raw stuff but I would like to keep her teeth nice for as long as possible.

Lonely Gaian

13,575 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
What type of dog is Sally?

Anxious Werewolf

16,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • The Wolf Within 100
DizzySnowFire
Pit + wiener dog mix

Terrible picture but thats what her full body looks like
User Image

Everyone at the clinic loved how she has the head of a pit but the body of a wiener dog.

Lonely Gaian

13,575 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Flutter Fox
DizzySnowFire
Pit + wiener dog mix

User Image

Everyone at the clinic loved how she has the head of a pit but the body of a wiener dog.

So small! I guess pit but I thought she'd be like a regular size one

Anxious Werewolf

16,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • The Wolf Within 100
DizzySnowFire
Flutter Fox
DizzySnowFire
Pit + wiener dog mix

User Image

Yea she has a face of a pit! But at 35 pounds she's pretty little for a pit. Not as tiny as Rami though.
Sally does have some Basset Hound mixed in so she's a little better built I think.

Lonely Gaian

13,575 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Flutter Fox
DizzySnowFire
Flutter Fox
DizzySnowFire
Pit + wiener dog mix

User Image

Yea she has a face of a pit! But at 35 pounds she's pretty little for a pit. Not as tiny as Rami though.
Sally does have some Basset Hound mixed in so she's a little better built I think.

Oh good lord....Remi looks so weird XD
That's great news to hear about Sally and that her health is doing good. She's lost weight and she looks awesome!

I personally like turkey necks better, they seem a bit more hearty to me and so it takes longer for my dogs to get through them. 3nodding

Anxious Werewolf

16,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • The Wolf Within 100
SHD
That's great news to hear about Sally and that her health is doing good. She's lost weight and she looks awesome!

I personally like turkey necks better, they seem a bit more hearty to me and so it takes longer for my dogs to get through them. 3nodding
Thanks, I'm hoping to get her a little more fit in the spring when we can go out longer!

She just got a raw turkey neck spent a good minute chewing on the skin and I look away for ten seconds and she swallowed it whole. gonk I gave her half a neck so I think she'll be alright and I'm watching her. She's getting it frozen next time and hopefully she'll actually chew it! It's supposed to clean her teeth.

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
oh god she is so cute!!!! i love pit mixes that only have the pit head, they look so silly and cute

stowrm is 55lbs and frozen turkey necks are great for her, they help teach the dog to chew since they are too big for a dog that size to just gulp. since stowrm knows how to chew she also gets chicken feet and thigh bones, and whatever other bones the cats and ferret cant handle.

frozen chicken thighs with the meat still on would also be good for helping your dog learn how to chew bones safely. anything chicken size or smaller will have safe weight bearing bones for your dog.

personally i dont do large recreational bones but a lot of people use them to help clean the front teeth with no issues, ive just seen too many pictures posted on raw feeding groups on facebook with broken teeth from those bones to feel safe giving one to stowrm. plus stowrm is a heavy chewer.

the main thing with raw bones is to know your dog and what they can and cant handle, and dont push your luck too much
Flutter Fox
SHD

Thanks, I'm hoping to get her a little more fit in the spring when we can go out longer!

She just got a raw turkey neck spent a good minute chewing on the skin and I look away for ten seconds and she swallowed it whole. gonk I gave her half a neck so I think she'll be alright and I'm watching her. She's getting it frozen next time and hopefully she'll actually chew it! It's supposed to clean her teeth.

Oh gosh! I hope she is going to be okay. Silly monkey. Hopefully if you give her one frozen next time she will just chew it, not swallow it. xp

Anxious Werewolf

16,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • The Wolf Within 100
SHD

Oh gosh! I hope she is going to be okay. Silly monkey. Hopefully if you give her one frozen next time she will just chew it, not swallow it. xp
She didn't have any problems. I think we'll try frozen next time and if she swallows it again I'm going to have to think of something else..

Tipsy Prophet

15,625 Points
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Ghost Hunter 250
Flutter Fox
SHD

She didn't have any problems. I think we'll try frozen next time and if she swallows it again I'm going to have to think of something else..

One of my friends gives her rottie mix, raw beef necks. I think they're bigger, so that might help with the swallowing issue.

Anxious Werewolf

16,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • The Wolf Within 100
Fallen-Pottery-Angel
Flutter Fox
SHD

One of my friends gives her rottie mix, raw beef necks. I think they're bigger, so that might help with the swallowing issue.
Thanks for the suggestion but freezing the necks seemed to fix it! She's had a few by now and had no problems so I'm happy turkey necks are way easier to pick up at the grocery store.

Tipsy Prophet

15,625 Points
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Ghost Hunter 250
Flutter Fox
Fallen-Pottery-Angel
Flutter Fox
SHD

Thanks for the suggestion but freezing the necks seemed to fix it! She's had a few by now and had no problems so I'm happy turkey necks are way easier to pick up at the grocery store.

Ah good to hear you found a solution!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces