8,000 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
You don't need help.

That poor cat does..... emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0
Deadly Dark Nightmares

Keyona

only medicine I can think of is a good twist on her neck, will shut her up, and end her pain she will face with being bred and giving birth.

Really though if your parents are willing to put in the work for the cat she really should be taken to a shelter.

File under: NOT A SOLUTION. Jesus Christ, I'm honestly surprised to see you say such a thing.

Okay, let's try to get this cat some help. First, a few questions that may help us help you. Why do you think that your cat is within three weeks of having her kittens? How sure are you about due dates? Do you have a regular veterinarian, and has your regular vet or any vet at all examined the cat since you determined she was pregnant? Has the cat shown any nesting behaviour, and have you provided her with a choice of safe nesting spaces for her to have her babies?

Next, let's get to some questions to try and narrow down what's going on with your cat. How do you feed the cat? I don't care about what kind of food (actually, changed my mind. I do care about that. What has the cat been eating?), but I do care about whether you free-feed her or feed her on a regularly scheduled time per day. How much is the cat eating per day? Have you noticed any changes in how much the cat eats every day?

Water. Where does the cat get her water supply? Have you noticed a change in how much she's drinking?

Because it's an outdoor cat, this may be a stretch, but have you noticed that the cat has bathroom problems (straining to pee/poop, using the bathroom in unexpected or unusual places)? Have you noticed a change in the cat's activity (she spends more time laying down, she lays down in different places than usual, she's way more active than usual, she's more aggressive than usual)?

If the answer to most of these questions is "I don't know but the cat is still meowing constantly", then try to convince your parents to take the cat to a vet. A cat that suddenly starts meowing constantly is a cat that is trying to alert you to something that is wrong.

If your parents are too cheap to take the cat to a vet (and please do really try to convince them. If you're going to own the pet, they need to understand that it will sometimes need veterinary care. This is like Pet Ownership 101), then you could try calling around to local shelters or vets. Explain the situation, explain that the cat is pregnant, explain that you don't know what to do about the kittens (I'm supposing that you don't have homes lined up for them?), and ask if their vets will provide help. A lot of shelters have vets on call, and some may do free work for people (AKA concerned teens whose parents won't provide the money) to possibly save the kittens' lives. This is a long shot, but some shelters do help people out this way. The shelter will likely want to take control of the kittens, and may even want to take control of the cat. If I'm honest with you, surrendering the cat to a no-kill shelter is the surest way to be positive that both cat and kittens get vet care if your parents won't pay. That's not a great reality, but it's what we live with.

As far as medicines to help the problem, Feliway may calm a cat that's meowing because she's a little freaked out about the changes that are taking place to her body due to pregnancy. But Feliway is a bit expensive, and if you have money to throw around on treatments that may/may not help which are recommended by people on the internet, then it's better you spend that money on taking the cat to a vet. Bottom line as far as I'm concerned is: vet care. Get some.

Dedicated Smoker

12,100 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Eisefin
Deadly Dark Nightmares
What about sleeping medicine? I take some sleeping pills to help me sleep, so what if I take like half a pill and crush it into her food?

That could potentially kill her. Thinking of medicating your cat is awful when her being pregnant is your family’s negligence. Being upset with her because she’s uncomfortable and meowing from it is ridiculous when you guys are responsible for her discomfort and pregnancy pains.

There’s nothing you and your family can do aside from taking her to the veterinarian to get an emergency spay. If your parents don’t want to put forth the costs to do that then how on earth do they plan on raising a whole litter of cats, which means more food, more water, more litter, et cetera?

Well we are gonna give the cats to a shelter or just give them to families who want them, so raising the kittens won't be a problem.
And as for the sleeping medications.. It was just a suggestion, I didn't mean for it to sound cruel or mean or like I want hurt her. I just didn't know.
I have a good knowledge on medical stuff for humans just not for animals.. sweatdrop

Devoted Inquisitor

If you're just going to give the kittens to a shelter, why not have them aborted now and save everyone their pain and suffering? Cats don't do well at animal shelters, at least in my area.

Totally not cool.

Devoted Raider

8,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Friendly 100
Deadly Dark Nightmares
Eisefin
Deadly Dark Nightmares
What about sleeping medicine? I take some sleeping pills to help me sleep, so what if I take like half a pill and crush it into her food?

That could potentially kill her. Thinking of medicating your cat is awful when her being pregnant is your family’s negligence. Being upset with her because she’s uncomfortable and meowing from it is ridiculous when you guys are responsible for her discomfort and pregnancy pains.

There’s nothing you and your family can do aside from taking her to the veterinarian to get an emergency spay. If your parents don’t want to put forth the costs to do that then how on earth do they plan on raising a whole litter of cats, which means more food, more water, more litter, et cetera?

Well we are gonna give the cats to a shelter or just give them to families who want them, so raising the kittens won't be a problem.
And as for the sleeping medications.. It was just a suggestion, I didn't mean for it to sound cruel or mean or like I want hurt her. I just didn't know.
I have a good knowledge on medical stuff for humans just not for animals.. sweatdrop

Make sure to drop off mom with them, since it is obvious that your family doesn't care. (You might care but you don't sound like you are in a position to make life any better for this cat, so you really should see that dropping her off at a shelter would be better.)

Since hse is still allowed in and out of the house, she may end up having the kittens on the streets and they you will just end up adding a slew of cats to the population if you can't catch them cause they will just breed and breed and breed and breed and breed... and die.

if your parents wants you to learn about the cycle of life... 1. they could have another kid. 2. could take you to the zoo since zoos have breeding programs and it is always awesome to go see baby zebras or elephants. 3. take you to a shelter or talk to a vet so you can see a birth....could also foster, but your family doesn't sound sutible for any pets other than rocks.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff