Welcome to Gaia! ::

High-functioning Dreamer

Ok so spring has arrived and since the weather is warmer we've started opening the windows more often, since we've started doing that Ollie my neutered 11 month old kitten has started climbing the screens that cover the windows and he actually broke one a few days ago, he always gets at least one play session a day and I take him for a 20-30 minute walk on his harness most days. I don't think he's doing it because of excess energy but I'm not sure, the biggest worry is that he breaks it and jumps out the window. Any idea's or suggestions would be appreciated.
Do you have a cat tree?

High-functioning Dreamer

Aerobe
Do you have a cat tree?

Yes but it's not very tall, do you think a taller one would help?

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
show him places where he can climb and make those the most amazing places ever! keep toys or beds in high up places you would prefer him go, and then feed him in those high places too. remember the higher the better

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
Lillabelle
Aerobe
Do you have a cat tree?

Yes but it's not very tall, do you think a taller one would help?

if you can get one at least as tall as you that would be best.

High-functioning Dreamer

Ok so I've started looking at taller cat tree's and at the same time I'm going to try and find some more high up places for him, Hopefully that will help
Also make sure he has appropriate places to sit and look out the window, especially when it's open.
You could also perhaps look into options as far as extra barriers between him and the screen (I have a couple panels from a set of wire cubes in my bedroom window so that I don't have to worry so much about Saphi scratching the screen and getting out)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff