Welcome to Gaia! ::

Greedy Tycoon

I clean my tank once a week, which is good but I seem to cannot get rid of these little white worms that are on the tank glass. What is the best way to get rid of them. I am new to having a tank and dwarf frogs (got them September 1st)and it takes just one accidental over feeding for these white worm things to appear.

Yes I have learned my lesson but I want and need to get rid of those things. What is the best way to do it? Can I have an emergency tank cleaning?

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
Whener i get them i just let my fish eat them. Charles loves live food. Ive always heard they were harmless

Greedy Tycoon

Shanna66
Whener i get them i just let my fish eat them. Charles loves live food. Ive always heard they were harmless

Not too sure if my frogs would ever be interested in eating them. Even my mystery snail just goes around them.

Shy Dragon

24,065 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
as far as i know they are harmless.
earthkai
I clean my tank once a week, which is good but I seem to cannot get rid of these little white worms that are on the tank glass. What is the best way to get rid of them. I am new to having a tank and dwarf frogs (got them September 1st)and it takes just one accidental over feeding for these white worm things to appear.

Yes I have learned my lesson but I want and need to get rid of those things. What is the best way to do it? Can I have an emergency tank cleaning?

They are harmless, but if you really want rid of them just do a 25% water change and take a net and scoop them out. How large is your tank and what is your filter system?

Frogs are relatively sensitive so try not to do too large of water changes, but you can do a 25% water change daily if your tank is 5g+. I'm going to assume since you have dwarf frogs though that you have a 2.5g? You should, anyways, they need relatively high filtration since they make a lot of waste and can foul the water creating a buildup of ammonia.

Greedy Tycoon

bubblegum scum
earthkai

They are harmless, but if you really want rid of them just do a 25% water change and take a net and scoop them out. How large is your tank and what is your filter system?

Frogs are relatively sensitive so try not to do too large of water changes, but you can do a 25% water change daily if your tank is 5g+. I'm going to assume since you have dwarf frogs though that you have a 2.5g? You should, anyways, they need relatively high filtration since they make a lot of waste and can foul the water creating a buildup of ammonia.

I have a 5.5 gal tank with 3 dwarf frogs and a snail. This is my first time having a tank (Used to have bettas in a bowl but was able to keep them alive for more than 3 years) so I am learning as I go. Before I got my frogs I did a ton of research on them but I guess I was not prepared for planaria and how annoying they are.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff