Welcome to Gaia! ::

Morphine Kiss
S A N l l
Mistress of Rain
S A N l l
I dumped a bucket of water on a cat today for trying to attack my rabbit. I hate it when people let their cats roam around

is your rabbit in a hutch? if it is and it doesn't have a complete mesh base (aka has a pan to catch the s**t/piss) then I don't see an issue if a cat was around unless it was actually jumping around the cage and sitting staring at the rabbit. if there is no collar just take the cat to the shelter if you have such an issue with it.

but as I said the rabbit was most likely caught on our property and was a wild cotton tail (okay didn't say that part but it is kind of implied)

Jake is an outdoor cat he is a stray, he sleeps in our garage and we feed him take him to the vet when he is sick. with a 94 year old blind man and my uncle being allergic we can't take him inside. so yeah....

nah he's not an outdoor rabbit. I let him in my backyard for some exercise and some fresh air. I have a neighbor who lets her two cats run loose and they always kill the wild animals living in my yard. I get tired of finding random carcasses lying around. they don't even eat what they kill. they're house cats so they aren't the least bit afraid of me and will gladly attack my bun right in front of my face User Image
I would talk to her about it but I doubt she'd give two shits. She hid her son once who was convicted of 1st degree murder

She should be in jail >=x

But needless to say, if the cats aren't chipped/have tags, i'd honestly catch them and take them to the humane society. There's no reason for that, at all. If a cat is going to be outdoors it should ALWAYS be within the confines of the person's land, just like a dog.

yeah that sounds like a good idea. i'll call animal control and see what they have to say

8,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
Morphine Kiss
Mistress of Rain
Morphine Kiss

Yeah never going to pick up another rabbit by the scruff again.... at leas not unless i have a hand under its rump.

Living on the farm with farm cats they didn't really bring us anything though I did make Sunshine pissed at me. I was like 6 or 7 when this happened it looked like she was carring something and I reached down and shook her a bit to drop it. She dropped a live field mouse on my feet and it ran across me. I dropped her and screamed yelling at her to go get it. she just looked at me with the "there goes my lunch"

and the white cats never really brought us anything either though they liked staring at the birds while they were outside. XD

I haven't touched a wild one in a long time since my rabbit escapades. I was probably 8 or 9.

I'm surprised they didn't bring you anything, but were they indoor/outdoor? I know that can be a different if they're totally outdoor cats, they tend to make it more of a lunch than a present. xD

I think mice were my favorite when they'd bring them. I enjoyed playing with wild life. xD Only thing they never brought were Salamanders/Lizards. I'd have kept them, though, like I did with small frogs I found about.

We lived on a 40 acre farm and had like two queens and a there was a tom somewhere, and they were completely outdoor cats... helping keeping the mice down in our barns. they never went after the chicks or the grown chickens....or the ducks that became free roam on the farm once they were full grown.

out of the cats the only cat that became an indoor cat was Vader from a litter we had found... adn then we had a completely indoor cat named Snowball.

the only thing the outdoor cats didn't keep at bay were the raccoons and the fox. and only if we had proof that they went after one of our animals (ducks/chickens....we let the outdoor cats since most were feral become part of the food chain), we would kill them...the fox killed mauled one of our ducks... and raccoons we normally only shot if they were coming out of the baby chicken coop or caught them in the adult coop.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff