Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lonely Fairy

13,925 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Object of Affection 150
RCJ remixed
Love Walks In

I have been training him since the day I brought him home, I just wasn't doing anything about the biting because, well I mean...this whole topic tells you why.

And pugs are low energy breeds, but he's a puppy so obviously he's going to be hyper. I'm not concerned about his hyperactivity, it's just the biting that I was asking about.

And this topic's kind of old now anyways, I've been working on his biting and he's doing better.

I didn't look at the date just saw it on the front page. Hey, I am glad to hear the biting is getting better. All puppies start off like that. Things get easier.

Puppy teeth really hurt. I had a six week old pit puppy n** me. Little bugger broke skin. Puppy teeth are like little needles lol

Yeah I posted this sometime around July 20th. lol So I've had at least 2-3 weeks to work on his training haha

But yes, oh my god puppy teeth are razor sharp and his little face is so flat he bites with just his front teeth so he ends up pinching your skin between his teeth, which hurts a lot more than just regular biting.
all of your advice has been very informative and helpful, thank you random people of gaia! 3nodding

4,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
My sister's puppy is almost a year now, and when she first got him, he would try and bite people like crazy too. The vet told her that he was a very dominant dog, and that getting him fixed might curve his dominance somewhat, but he didn't really stop until he went through training classes, because that is not acceptable behavior for a dog to have.

Sparkly Cat

12,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
abby_lovely
My sister's puppy is almost a year now, and when she first got him, he would try and bite people like crazy too. The vet told her that he was a very dominant dog, and that getting him fixed might curve his dominance somewhat, but he didn't really stop until he went through training classes, because that is not acceptable behavior for a dog to have.

Vets are often very poor when it comes to giving people advice on their dogs behaviour. Vets are generally trained in only the basic, basic stuff when it comes to dog behaviour. A vet's training is pretty much only about the physical of a dog, not the mental. It goes to show that vet doesn't know much about behaviour if he's labelling a dog dominant. :/

4,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
VonVix
abby_lovely

Vets are often very poor when it comes to giving people advice on their dogs behaviour. Vets are generally trained in only the basic, basic stuff when it comes to dog behaviour. A vet's training is pretty much only about the physical of a dog, not the mental. It goes to show that vet doesn't know much about behaviour if he's labelling a dog dominant. :/

Yeah, I'd maybe agree with that, because his behavior never really did change after he was fixed. Luckily he has almost completely stopped biting and nipping at people, and he's starting to grow on me definitely.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff