Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anyone else out there who train/perform in the cirque arts? smile I've been involved with it for about 10 months now and I do mostly acrobatics and lyra. I also like trap and hoop dancing, but I don't know too many tricks for those.

What do you specialize in, what are you learning, and how many years have you been training for? Any epic experiences or narly bruises with a story behind it?

For rofl http://circusproblems.tumblr.com/

Reveler

8,550 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Profitable 100
i love acrobatics, haven't done it in two years though because the class doesn't have my age group any more
I have a strong entanglement to the art of fire dancing. for the most part no gnarly scars, i'm rockin a couple minor burn on my hands and once i burned off most of my armpit hair(prolly for the best) but mostly getting by unscathed
Aryu Dreaming
I have a strong entanglement to the art of fire dancing. for the most part no gnarly scars, i'm rockin a couple minor burn on my hands and once i burned off most of my armpit hair(prolly for the best) but mostly getting by unscathed
Fire dancing is ridiculously awesome. Do you use poi? Staff? Hoop?

I was training for staff, but never got to the point of fire. :/
Rayne Nightingale
Aryu Dreaming
Fire dancing is ridiculously awesome. Do you use poi? Staff? Hoop?

I was training for staff, but never got to the point of fire. :/

I spin all kinds of props. Hoop, poi, staff, spheres and buugeng (buugeng is so amazingly illusionairy look it up on YouTube if you haven't seen it before).

Spinning isn't all about the fire it's all about the flow. learning where you and and that which is not you begins, and finding the space in between and discovering what can happen in that place.
I went into it from high school, despite my love for it always being there, its never going away. Im just not cut out for being a part of it unfortunately.

That and I had a nasty fall off a flying trapeze that has left me with a pretty bad back.

Anxious Fatcat

11,700 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Love Machine 150

Yup. I'm majoring in Flying Trapeze. Minor in High Wire, I suppose.

Anxious Fatcat

11,700 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Love Machine 150
Precious Little
I went into it from high school, despite my love for it always being there, its never going away. Im just not cut out for being a part of it unfortunately.

That and I had a nasty fall off a flying trapeze that has left me with a pretty bad back.

How did you fall off a trapeze?
LuvieBunnies
Precious Little

How did you fall off a trapeze?

I was mucking around, sitting on it, someone did something that made me laugh and I fell off.

39,340 Points
  • Small Blind 100
  • Smooth Operator 100
  • Deal Me In 50
i'm actually part of a local program where teens can learn basic circus skills (juggling, stilt walking, unicycle riding) so i can do all of those, though not well.
i've only been doing so for about 5 months.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff