Welcome to Gaia! ::

So here I am again xp turns out I did not make Urinetown, but I got into Julius Caesar. Not a musical, but I'm excited for any part I can get. After this show, one of the other theater groups here is doing Guys and Dolls and I figured getting a head start on my audition song would be a good idea.

So my voice. I never got a response in time for my Urinetown audition so I scrambled and put three songs together. I sang two for my auditions, those being Part of Your World (Little Mermaid) and If I Were A Bell (Guys and Dolls). My vocal range, I was told, is an alto range with a pretty strong chest voice, but the music director at my past audition seemed to think I was a soprano. Turns out I've been able to expand my range a bit biggrin Good news since I lost my voice back and entire range back in June.

Anyway, to the point. Part of Your World was a great song for me. I nailed it. I can sing most of If I Were a Bell, I just struggle with the end. More I cannot wish you (Guys and Dolls) is a good, easy song for me. Also, I did sing Nowadays (Chicago) and my old jerk of a musical director was actually impressed with me. He said it was beautiful, and he does not give compliments freely. I hope this gives you an idea of what I can sing.

Another note. It is a unrealistic expectation, but I am hoping to go for the character Adelaide. Songs she sings are Adelaide's Lament, Sue Me, Marry the Man Today, Bushel and a Peck, and Take Back Your Mink. I want to find something close to Adelaide's Lament, but close to her character is fine. I thought I Won't Say I'm in Love (Hercules) might be a decent fit, but there is not really one solid chunk of it i could sing because of the muses.

So that text glob might be terrifying, here is the simplified version:

* Trying out for Guys and Dolls ( Want to go for Adelaide)

* I have sung Part of Your World and Nowadays and had great success.

* I can Sing If I Were a Bell, but struggle at the end.

* More I Cannot Wish You is also a good fit for my voice.

* I am an alto, but my range has improved (Director seemed to think I was a Soprano)

* I would prefer a song like Adelaide's Lament, but will settle for one that suits Adelaide

* Will I Won't Say I'm in Love work?

Thanks in advance for ANY help, advice, or good wishes.
Yes, I Won't Say I'm In Love should work, but if your looking for other song choices and want to show off your voice you should look into the music of the 20's. Dream A Little Dream of Me is a good one and if your looking to impress Roxie (Chicago) makes a big impact

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff