Welcome to Gaia! ::

5,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
I need to perform a monologue that's roughly a minute long.
I'd really like it to be something unique and something pretty in-depth character wise.
This.. is one of the major things that will either make or break my getting into PVA for this next year.
Any suggestions? I've received a few already, but I'm looking for more options, and preferably options that aren't over-used.
sweatdrop

1,800 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
This would depend on what you're better at, sad scenes, happy scenes, casual scenes. I've never seen this one performed before:
Agnes: [to an imaginary friend] Why are you crying? But I believe you. I do. (silence) Please, don't you leave me too. Oh no. Oh my God, O sweet Lady, don't leave me. Please, please don't leave me. I'll be good. I won't be your bad baby anymore. [She "sees" someone else] No, Mummy, I don't want to go with you. Stop pulling me. Your hands are hot. Don't touch me like that! Oh my God, Mummy, don't burn me! DON'T BURN ME! (Silence) I stood by the window of my room every night for a week. And one night I heard the most beautiful voice imaginable. It came from the middle of the wheat field beyond my room, and when I looked I saw the moon shining down on Him. For six nights He sang to me. Songs I'd never heard. And on the seventh night He came to my room and opened His wings and lay on top of me. And all the while He sang. [singing]
"Charlie's neat and Charlie's sweet,
And Charlie he's a dandy,
Every time he goes to town
He get's his girl some candy.
Over the river and through the trees,
Over the river to Charlie's.
Over the river and through the trees
To bake a cake for Charlie"

I really don't know, it's a sad scene, but if it isn't what you're looking for it's ok ^^"
Anything Chekhov is going to be very impressive. I suggest Nina from the Seagull.

5,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
I've already decided on the monologue I'm going to be performing, thanks for the input. 4laugh

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff