Welcome to Gaia! ::

Not sure if this is spelled right, but ONIMONEPIA is a good thing to keep in mind. Although the technical meaning is that words like buzz and hum remind sound like their sounds, it can also mean that every word has it's own sound.
Akira_Himura
I am considering trying out for my school's upcoming play 1984. It is about how in the future the government is oppresive and is literally always watching. We are supposed to read a monologe to audition. Does anybody have any suggestions on monologes, or advice on acting?
don't picture the people in their underwear, you'll just laugh or be disgusted
I do have a tip for you if nobody thought of it yet...
There is a technique called "inner monologue" that you can keep in mind as you act. When you do a play, you have to become that certain person. It helps when you use inner monologue, which is your thoughts and feelings that help stimulate an action. For example...

Someone: You! Get over here in my office now!

At this point, you would be thinking "Uh oh... what did I do now... this is not good". And you would say "coming..." with a shakey voice or a sense of fear.

Inner monologue can help you become the character in the play. It is one of the handy tools you can use to become a great actor.
Akira_Himura
I am considering trying out for my school's upcoming play 1984. It is about how in the future the government is oppresive and is literally always watching. We are supposed to read a monologe to audition. Does anybody have any suggestions on monologes, or advice on acting?

yeah. when you actually get to the point where you read your monologue don't think about anything but what you are feeling. and what you are reading. you'd be surprised to find that if you don't think about anything else and just let your body take over that a character that works with what you're reading will come out and people will love it because it is geniune.
All right, I can help, like others on here too. ^_^. anyway, I've been looking for an agent for I don't know how long, and some of the stuff I found are pretty good, I also found tips, which I'm going to tell you ok, I don't know if people had said these tips, but hey, he/she, (sorry I forgot if this was a she/he who did this topic) can afford to see the same. right?
1. Just imagine that your alone, in a room w/ noone else. and if you can't then try REAL hard not to imagin an audience, when your on stage, just imagin that part of the room is your blind spot and all you can see is darkness there.
2. If you can't do #1 at all, the best thing to remember is that, REAL actors and actresses have had to do WAY more embarasing things on television than what we do on stage. (and besides when the REAL actors do their embarrasing stuff on T.V, almost the WHOLE world sees it, but you, your just in a building.) Also, if you read T.V reviews and listen to a kid at school, you may notice that they like actors that accually ACT and don't seem to feel embarrased although they may be.
3. Even if your in a play, just think of it as your gonna get rewarded by something, by not getting yelled at from the teacher for doing poorly, (for real acting) millions of dollars, etc.
Well that's all i can think of for now, probably more later but hey, it's a start right? well there you go, H.T.H
here are some pointers.

NEVER EVER get a monologue from the play. A monologue from a different play but the same author is good.

NEVER EVER look at the directors or whomever you are performing the monologue for.

NEVER EVER panic! be calm and dont rush you monologue. enunciation is GOOD!!!

It is also a good idea to memorize your monologue instead of read from a piece of paper then it will look like you want to part or job and you want to be there.

hope i helped! ^^

Dapper Snowfriend

Arbok_X
I do have a tip for you if nobody thought of it yet...
There is a technique called "inner monologue" that you can keep in mind as you act. When you do a play, you have to become that certain person. It helps when you use inner monologue, which is your thoughts and feelings that help stimulate an action. For example...

Someone: You! Get over here in my office now!

At this point, you would be thinking "Uh oh... what did I do now... this is not good". And you would say "coming..." with a shakey voice or a sense of fear.

Inner monologue can help you become the character in the play. It is one of the handy tools you can use to become a great actor.

Yay inner monologue! biggrin

The director I'm working with now makes us say our inner monologues out loud during the scene so that we actually have to think about.. what we're.. thinking.. ^^:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff