Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hello!

If you enjoy talking to walls and or being able to preform a piece in front of others, then this is the right place to be!
If you wish to see dead people, please press the backspace key

Okay so!
I wanted to find out who else on Gaia was or is currently on their school Forensics Team? Or competed in a Forensics tournament? OR even see a forensics piece?

Forensics is a (sometimes) dying "sport" because of its lack of popularity and lack of people. Now I say "sport" because technically it is considered a sport, but in most schools forensics is considered a club.
But I know there HAS to be more wall talking people out there besides myself! If not, then I will just be talking to myself...
... that would be awkward. 3nodding

SO! I am currently doing Humorous Duo and going to Regionals this weekend. This is my first year doing forensics, and i would say I have done pretty well. All of my past 5 Tournaments I have placed 1st in my category, which is pretty seeing as this is a 1st time thing.
Originally I started in Serious Duo, placed 1st, but then switched to humorous duo because I just CANNOT be serious all the time. Not dissing serious duo competitors or anything!
I just have a healthy respect for those that compete in DI, Serious duo, and Pros, and Poetry that have... well serious pieces!

ANYWAYS, sorry I got off topic. sweatdrop

So I want to see if there are any other wall-talking people out there! And if so, what category did you do? Oh and what was a favorite piece? (either one you saw or preformed)
What was your favorite part of forensics and or Debate?
Last question, I promise!
What is the weirdest thing that has happened to you during a tournament?

For me it's when ever my team goes to a school, there is ALWAYS a fire drill. eek So now its a running gag that everyone knows where my school is because fire drills always occur. Of course its not that anyone of my teams mates pulled the switch for the fire alarm or anything though.

Also add any do's or don't that you think would help other competitors and or future competitors.
heart

Timid Seeker

ZUUUUUPPPPPPAAAA.
Haha ZUPA!!

Golden Fairy

I'm in our school speech team, which is pretty much like forensics smile I do prose, but in switching to extemp reading for my next meet!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff