Good 0.33783783783784 33.8% [ 25 ]
Okay 0.094594594594595 9.5% [ 7 ]
Needs Work 0.094594594594595 9.5% [ 7 ]
Bad 0.10810810810811 10.8% [ 8 ]
Total Votes:[ 74 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Thank you guys for waiting. Here's the next chapter. whee

Chapter Two

"Where's Steven?" I asked Gary. He had texted me that he wanted to come over so here we were in my front yard. I always assumed Steven would be accompanied with him and he was, when I saw Gary, Steven would be present right there with him. However, not this time, strangly. This is weird, I remembered thinking as I stared at Gary who was lowering down, carefully with his hands, the rear door to get onto the back of his pickup truck. And straightaway, I noticed a folded down from the top brown bag from Cheese on Top and a folded up blanket beside it.

"Don't worry about him. Hop on." Gary instructed as he got on and held both his hands out for me. This was a year ago. The approach Gary, Steven, and I always did to get me onto the back of his truck was either one or both of them grabbing me by the wrist and lifting me up. I was short, it was a curse, and Gary's truck was really elevated thanks to his oversized tires. It was obviously his pride and joy. "I got you cheese fries." He added as he held up the brown bag to me, gripping it from the top.

"Awesome, thanks." I said as I tried to detain back a smile just as I opened the bag, promptly smelled the sweet aroma of fries and cheese. This was the best. I then had to look over at Gary, who had unfolded the thick navy blue blanket and laid it out. "We're going to eat on that?" I asked, nervously glancing down at the cheese fries that were in the traditional white Cheese on Top to go box. I didn't want to risk bringing about a mess on his blanket.

"We don't have to, we can eat.... here." Gary steered as he took a spot at the end of his truck whilst letting his legs hang off. That was better. I then proceeded to sit right next to him, placing the cheese fries right between us to eat together. I grabbed three covered cheese fries and peeked over at Gary who took solely one.

As I chewed my fries all at once, I suddenly heard Gary say, "You have some on your chin." And before I could react and freak out, he took his index finger, and wiped it off. Which made my cheeks blush hot with hesitance, making me abruptly go back in the brown crippled bag that was once neatly folded till I came around to it. I removed the napkins that were crumpled in it, placing some on my lap, and the rest next to the fries to make sure that wouldn't happen again. It helped that it gave me a opportunity to face away from Gary even if it was for a little bit while hoping he doesn't notice. Much to my dismay, he probably does because he laughed, and said, "It's okay."

I didn't know what to say so I just took one single fry instead of stuffing my face again with a bunch. "Hey Abby?" Gary then started to say, getting my attention off of my barefoot, my flip flops were right beside me on the truck. I turned toward him, he was holding up four fries completely covered in cheese, and then he gobbled them up with one single bite, leaving the cheese to remain upon his lips. I couldn't help, but laugh at that. It was like rabies, but with cheese.

"Here." I offered when I stopped laughing and handed him some napkins off the little pile that was on my lap. "What made you come over with food anyways?" I inquired as he wiped his lips of all the cheese. Their cheese was the best, it had to be, they were after all called Cheese on Top for a reason.

And I had to pry, it wasn't like they did this a lot and I wasn't used to it yet. "I just wanted to hang out with you." Gary replied bluntly as he looked directly in my eyes. "Is that so wrong?" Which made me, without a delay, shake my head no, turning my attention back to my feet, and continuing eating the cheese covered fries.

We didn't talk or say anything after that, we just resumed eating in silence. "Come over, look at the sky with me." Gary said once all the fries were gone, he already had his sandals off, and laid back on the blanket. It was not far from being night time at that point.

"But isn't it bad for digestion?" I asked as I walked over, plopping myself down next to him. I remember what I looked like that day. I had my hazel hair down, it was still long then, extending to my waist, and had on a light hued blue shirt, and sapphire blue shorts. The weather was nice, but the street lights were noticeably turning on now.

"Just lie back with me." Gary said as he patted the blanket behind me. I warily moved down a bit and then settled down right beside him. The sky was just a sort of glowing dim blue. The sun wasn't over here on this side anymore.

"So where's Steven at?" I asked once more turning my head facing his. I was curious why Gary wasn't telling me. I remembered what he looked like that day also. He was wearing a white polo shirt and black shorts. He was wearing contacts by then and how he looked over at me with a confused stare after I asked.

"Don't worry about Steven." He grumbled as he shifted closer to me. What was happening? I immediately wondered dismayed, tensing up for whatever was about to practically happen. Our first time being alone without Steven in ages, being on his truck just looking at the sky as it gets darker and darker by the minute, and then this.

"I'm not worried, I'm just curious." I said back as I looked away at Gary and at the sky. Too early for the stars to be out though. "Steven's always-" But before I could finish my sentence, Gary rolled on top of me, but keeping his body distant from mine by being on his elbow and knees. No words came out. I couldn't say anything. I didn't know what to say.

"Enough.." He mumbled in a soft whisper. The particular reason I could make out it was because he was so close to me and then he gradually lowered his head, touching his lips with mine softly. I just stared wide eyed as it was getting pitch black. Was this really happening? I remembered asking myself in complete disbelieve. Once he pressed his lips and started to move them against mine. I got my answer. Yes, yes, it was.

I cluelessly didn't know what to do so I just closed my eyes and focused on his lips which were still on mine. My second kiss. The first one doesn't really count or matter thanks to some stupid spin the bottle game. I didn't let the guy kiss me in the closet, but he kissed me after the party only to touch my lips for a second.

I didn't move a inch though while Gary was still on top of me, but still keeping his body distant from mine, not even moving my lips to go along his. And when he came to a stop, he gazed at me for couple seconds as he raised his head up from mine, and asked, "Did you feel anything?"

But I was still utterly baffled with what was happening. I couldn't conjure up what to say so I just shook my head. I really absolutely didn't expect this to happen or that he even would do this. Certainly not with me, not in a million years. What if it would ruin everything between us? I didn't want to lose this. This friendship I was extremely lucky to have. Something I never really had before. "You really didn't feel anything?" He asked once more, I could tell he was hurt from his voice as he sat up to sit on his knees.

"... No." I managed to answer after a couple of seconds and then I got myself off the blanket. "I have to go." I muttered as I got to my feet quickly, placing my flip flops on hastily, and walked toward the end of his truck. "I'm.. I'm sorry." I stuttered. I got off the truck myself, it wasn't fun jumping off of it, I stumbled a bit once I landed on my feet, and hurriedly sprinted over to my front door. Before I got in, I had to glance back. He was still there, sitting on his knees, looking down.

And at that moment, I shut the door behind me, swearing to myself that I would never ever talk about it. And knew the next day, we both would pretend like nothing happened the best we could, and then everyday since then till it actually became a distant memory. Just wish it was sooner than later.

What happened to that part of him or was he just pretending? Who knew so much could change in a year...

I took a sigh, pushing my thoughts to the back of my head, opened my front door to see Gary's black truck, and them sitting on the end. They must've heard the door open because they both automatically looked my way. A nervous feeling ran through my spine as I stood there, looking back at them. I took another small sigh, mustered up my courage, and slowly walked over to them.

Once I reached over to the end of the truck where they were sitting at, I directly noticed that they were sitting at the far ends away from each other, and right in between was the familiar brown bag, folded down from the top, and a drink tray with three drinks from Cheese on Top. I lifted my hands up to them, signaling to them to boost me up. Gary grabbed the bottom of hand and wrist while Steven grabbed my right and they pulled me up with them.

I really didn't want to lose this. I didn't. And as soon as I got on, I reached out and pulled them both to me, hugging them, leaning my cheeks on their chests. I was sort of sandwich between them again, but I didn't mind. "I love you guys." I confessed as I felt them wrapping their arms tightly around me too. My first time saying that to them and I meant it.

"Hey Abby?" I heard Steven say. I looked over at him. "You know we love you too, right?" He asked softly like a whisper. I smiled at him, nodded, and then turned to Gary.

"Yeah, what he said." Gary agreed with a smile and with that, I hugged them once more. "It's not going to happen again." He said with a lower tone.

"No, no... it's okay." I protested as I lifted my head off of them to face them. Hoping they know that I mean it and that it was okay with it. I was okay with them being them. Exactly how they always were.

"It's not going to happen again." Gary repeated again, but with a more serious tone. "Now let's eat before the food gets cold and gross." He advised as he let go of me and so did Steven. I turned and watch them sit back at the far ends of the truck so right in the middle was for me so I took place right in between them. Gary pulled out three boxes, handed one to me, and one to Steven.

I opened my box to find a cheeseburger and fries. Yum. Dying for some of my guilty pleasure. Steven placed my milkshake beside me and handed Gary his. "So.... how long has this been going on?" I asked as I unwrapped my burger from the wrapper and I guess they weren't expecting it because they both began to choke. I looked over at Gary who was holding his a fry while choking into his other hand that was on his month then at Steven who was holding his drink and had placed his hand on his chest.

"You really want to know?" Steven asked back when he stopped coughing. I nodded. I saw Steven eyes then shift to Gary which made me turn over to him. He was looking down. My attention turned back to Steven. "Ask him." He directed as he returned to his drink, looking straight ahead at something else.

I frowned in confusion as I went back Gary who was already looking over at me. "About a year ago." He finally answered after couple seconds.

"That's nice. I should find a guy and we all could double date or something." I jokingly suggested as I picked up my burger and took a big bite. Just what I needed, a bacon cheeseburger. But the atmosphere still felt weird, I looked over at Steven who was just sitting there, and then at Gary who was doing the same. "What?" I asked, covering my mouth with my left hand.

".... We're not together like that." Gary replied after a few seconds. What? I was even more confused now. Gary meet his eyes to mine. "No one knows about this but you... but we aren't together." That made no sense. I turned over at Steven. He was looking at me too.

"We .... only.." Ew ew, it clicked in my head now. I quickly raised my hand up to stop Steven from finishing his sentence. I still was eating and was really starting to regret taking such a big bite. I quickly chewed my food in my mouth as Steven continued, "Ask Gary how this all started." And then he picked up a fry and placed it in his mouth as his eyes went over to Gary which made me follow suit.

"Shut up." Gary said while he was unwrapping his burger. Sigh, as soon as I thought I understood, it just gets more complicated. I picked up my milkshake and stabbed my white straw in it. I glanced back over at Gary while sipping my milkshake, but he was sticking to his burger. He wasn't going to talk.

"Gary doesn't want to tell you, maybe another day .... if you're lucky." I heard Steven say as Gary immediately glared over at him, but then saw that I was watching, and quickly looked back down at his burger. I placed my drink down and got a french fry. What were they hiding?

But no one was talking so we just ended up sitting there, eating. "You're not going to tell me anything else, are you guys?" I finally asked, breaking the silence between us when I couldn't take it anymore.

"It's kind of not my story to tell. I would tell you, but I'm pretty sure Gary would beat me up for it." Steven answered while kind of laughing. I smiled over at Steven and turned to Gary who was still just sitting there, looking at this one fry he had in between his fingers. "If you want to know, you're going to have to ask him."

But I knew Gary wasn't going to tell me anything, not now anyways. "Hey Abby bunny." Steven greeted me when I was in front of my locker with a hug. It was the day after Gary kissed me. I was getting really nervous seeing him again after that happened. So when Steven hugged me from behind, I couldn't help but jump a bit. "Whoa, hippityy hoppity bunny today, aren't you?" He asked with a small laugh as he let go of me.

"Sorry." I replied as I quickly scanned around for Gary, but nope, it was just Steven. Thank god. "Where's Gary?" I had to ask as I turned away from my locker to face Steven. His smile kind of turned into a frown after that and he looked away to something down the hall.

"He's coming, he said he forgot something and had to go grab it in his locker and that never happens. Weird, huh?" He answered as he looked back at me, smiled, and then it slowly frowned again. "He's been acting weird."

"Oh really?" I simply asked. Please don't ask me if I knew why.

"Yeah."

"Oh." Please don't.

"And so are you." When he said that, I couldn't help, but look at him wide eyed. "What happened?" He asked seriously as he leaned on the locker that was next to mine and looked at me straight in the eyes. Butterflies and the nervous feeling in the stomach were killing me at that moment.

I turned away from him, breaking the eye contact, and focused in my locker to avoided looking at him. I didn't want to lie, but I didn't want to tell him what happened. I swore I wouldn't talk about it. It was going to be a secret that I was going to carry to the grave, never to bring up, and hopefully it will be a distant memory that I will soon forget. Why couldn't it be now though?

"Abby?" I then heard Steven say still in his serious tone. He brushed his hand against my arm, getting my attention, and added, "Look at me." Which made me slowly look over at him, nervously. "You'll never hate us, right?" He asked as he shoved his hands back in his pockets. "You'll never hate me or Gary for ..."

"No, I'll never hate you guys." I answered, cutting him off. I knew I never would. He smiled at me a little and that just made me lift my arms out to him. He got the message and hugged me tightly, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Abby bunny, you have no idea how much I.... we, me and Gary.. how much you..." Steven whispered, shuttering out a sentence. What was he trying to say? Too bad I would never know.

Because at that moment I heard Gary's voice. "So what's up over here?" I quickly let go of Steven and he did the same, and we looked over at Gary who stood right in front of us. He was wearing his glasses that was the first thing I noticed.

"Nothing, we were just having a group hug. You should've joined in, party pooper." Steven replied as he leaned back on the locker. In a flash, I turned away from Gary and turned back to my locker. Oh god. The butterflies were flying like crazy in my stomach now.

And then it got really awkward, no one was talking. Nothing was really happening. Suddenly, in the corner of my eye, I saw Gary lean on the other side of my locker. "So.. how are you today?" He asked.

"I'm.. good. How about you?" I replied awkwardly, still avoiding eye contact.

"I'm okay." Which made me glanced over at Steven who was looking at both of us. I went back into my locker, pulled out my math textbook, and closed it shut. Thank god, we all didn't walk to class together or had a class, we had lunch together, but that was all.

"Well, I better go to class." I said, breaking the silence, but none of us moved. Not them from leaning on the lockers or me standing between them. Then finally when I pressed my textbook against my chest and took some steps back. I could see that they were looking at the other all seriously. Then after a few seconds, they slowly got off the lockers, and turned to me. I could tell that something definitely was wrong with both of them too.

"Yeah, I'll see you guys later." Steven said as he walked pass us. So now it was just me and Gary. Awesome.

"Sorry about .." Gary started to say after a few seconds of just standing there.

"No, it's okay." I cut him off. I did that a lot that day when I really shouldn't have. "It's already forgotten." I added, but I didn't mean it at all, I couldn't stop thinking about it.

"Good, let's pretend it never happened." That was the plan.

Special thanks to The Bored Procrastinator for editing for me. heart

EDITED: Dang it! Was hoping it would still stay on Page 3. Oh well. It was my fault anyways for delaying. My loss is your gain. The next chapter could be posted sooner than later this time.

Friendly Poster

Pho Far East
Drak22

When I came out to her she just flat out rejected me and told me that she didnt want anything to do with me anymore, the rest of my time in highschool was a living hell because she told the whole school that I was a lesbian and they made fun of me, so it turned out really bad.

Dang. I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope things are much better now. emotion_hug

I would like to be relinked to your story so I can subscribe please
KiraYamiya

I would like to be relinked to your story so I can subscribe please

For this one or another one?

EDITED: Well I feel retarded, it's what I get for replying first thing in the morning. Here's the link,

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/original-stories-prose/two-gays-and-a-chick-chapter-two-is-up/t.91336609_1/
Hey, first off, I read your chapters and I admire your simplistic and clean writing style. At times, I feel like the plot starts a bit too slowly for my taste, but it doesn't detract from the reading experience much. I'll be reading on if you post anymore.

On a second note, I borrowed your idea of listing where the chapters are posted in the thread. Is that all right, or would you rather have me not copy you?
Terrifictomato
Hey, first off, I read your chapters and I admire your simplistic and clean writing style. At times, I feel like the plot starts a bit too slowly for my taste, but it doesn't detract from the reading experience much. I'll be reading on if you post anymore.

On a second note, I borrowed your idea of listing where the chapters are posted in the thread. Is that all right, or would you rather have me not copy you?

Yay, thank you for reading my story and for your compliment with my writing style, I appreciate it. whee What kind of style do you have or have been told you have? Ohh, and thank you for continuing to read even though the plot is going slower than you would like it to and I'm happy to hear that you are still going to be sticking around to read some more! biggrin I have eight more chapters so I'll definitely be posting more.

Noo, I feel honored that you liked my chapter idea and want to do the same. I'll definitely be checking your story thread too so expect a visit from me. 3nodding
Pho Far East
Terrifictomato

Yay, thank you for reading my story and for your compliment with my writing style, I appreciate it. whee What kind of style do you have or have been told you have? Ohh, and thank you for continuing to read even though the plot is going slower than you would like it to and I'm happy to hear that you are still going to be sticking around to read some more! biggrin I have eight more chapters so I'll definitely be posting more.

Noo, I feel honored that you liked my chapter idea and want to do the same. I'll definitely be checking your story thread too so expect a visit from me. 3nodding

No problem and thank you. I haven't started writing much at all until the start of this year, so I don't really have a "style" I guess. I'm just trying to write through trial-and-error and other people's concrit. It's a lot harder than I expected but I enjoy it, even though the results aren't that great haha
And yes please pay a visit to my "Betrayal for Loyalty" thread--any reads/comments/etc will be extremely helpful!
Terrifictomato

No problem and thank you. I haven't started writing much at all until the start of this year, so I don't really have a "style" I guess. I'm just trying to write through trial-and-error and other people's concrit. It's a lot harder than I expected but I enjoy it, even though the results aren't that great haha
And yes please pay a visit to my "Betrayal for Loyalty" thread--any reads/comments/etc will be extremely helpful!

What made you start writing? Mine was, obviously you can tell already that my genre is teen fiction, but whenever I would go to the book store to read some, I discovered that there wasn't many I would be too keen on (at the time it was when paranormal books got really popular and looked like everyone was writing towards that. No offense to your story or genre at all either!) so I decided to take the matter in my own hands and started writing stories that I would like to read, normal people dealing with normal things. Haha.

I feel your pain, it is hard and soo time consuming, but I feel your joy also, writing and creating something that is my own (with some help here and there) makes me really happy and to share that with people who actually like it is the best feeling. yum_puddi

Lastly, confidence! Be confident in what you write, clearly you're writing something great with the positive comments you're getting. 3nodding How did you get people to read your story? I saw some writers in there posting with their constructive criticism and I'm like "Dangg." I mean I haven't had my story broken into bits and parts like your's, not yet, but it sure something to have someone completely go through your story and almost tear through it with their criticism, isn't it?
What made you start writing? Mine was, obviously you can tell already that my genre is teen fiction, but whenever I would go to the book store to read some, I discovered that there wasn't many I would be too keen on (at the time it was when paranormal books got really popular and looked like everyone was writing towards that. No offense to your story or genre at all either!) so I decided to take the matter in my own hands and started writing stories that I would like to read, normal people dealing with normal things. Haha.

I feel your pain, it is hard and soo time consuming, but I feel your joy also, writing and creating something that is my own (with some help here and there) makes me really happy and to share that with people who actually like it is the best feeling. yum_puddi

Lastly, confidence! Be confident in what you write, clearly you're writing something great with the positive comments you're getting. 3nodding How did you get people to read your story? I saw some writers in there posting with their constructive criticism and I'm like "Dangg." I mean I haven't had my story broken into bits and parts like your's, not yet, but it sure something to have someone completely go through your story and almost tear through it with their criticism, isn't it?

I day dream a lot and I read a lot of cool adventure stuff which then become integrated in my day dreams. I like acting out things too and it's a lot easier to write down a scene and then act it out than to try to remember it all without jotting down notes. So those two factors got me writing "BfL" and I just got excited about it haha. And thanks, I'll try to be more confident. And the wonderful person who broke my story into bits was very helpful because I actually had some direction. I like all comments but it is harder to improve my writing when someone vaguely says I have character issues compared to when someone tells me exactly what's wrong. If you have any time at all, I'd appreciate it if you could read through my story a little and just put a post up with any suggestions or things you like/dislike =]

Weekend Cleo's Other Half

Hi, I just read the two chapters of your new story.

I like it. I'm not sure if I can explain why, exactly. The characters feel real, and I think that's what I appreciate the most. I'm real interested in what happened between Gary and Steven, and how things turned out the way they are.

So, I guess I like it because I'm invested, huh?

Pho Far East
I decided to take the matters in my own hands and started writing stories that I would like to read, normal people dealing with normal things.

I love this line. It's the same things I try to write about, for about the same reason.

Keep it up!
RandiTrigger
Hi, I just read the two chapters of your new story.

I like it. I'm not sure if I can explain why, exactly. The characters feel real, and I think that's what I appreciate the most. I'm real interested in what happened between Gary and Steven, and how things turned out the way they are.

So, I guess I like it because I'm invested, huh?

Pho Far East
I decided to take the matters in my own hands and started writing stories that I would like to read, normal people dealing with normal things.

I love this line. It's the same things I try to write about, for about the same reason.

Keep it up!

Hi, thank you for commenting!! 4laugh
I'm glad you like my story and that my characters feel real. That makes me happy to hear. whee
Are you subscribed?

Haha, and I'm happy I said something that's quotable and relatable to someone. 3nodding What is your genre?

Weekend Cleo's Other Half

Pho Far East
Hi, thank you for commenting!! 4laugh
I'm glad you like my story and that my characters feel real. That makes me happy to hear. whee
Are you subscribed?

Haha, and I'm happy I said something that's quotable and relatable to someone. 3nodding What is your genre?

Subscribed on Gaia? I didn't think about it, but I totally will after this post. :3

If there's a genre for what I write, I don't know the name of it. Years ago, I wrote a couple of science fiction stories. Lately...maybe it could be called young adult?

When I write, I try to capture a certain feeling, a specific emotion or something like that. I try to make my pieces relatable, something that a lot of people are familiar with.

Your story read naturally, and it's something I go for in mine as well, so that's why I enjoyed it. =)
RandiTrigger

Subscribed on Gaia? I didn't think about it, but I totally will after this post. :3

If there's a genre for what I write, I don't know the name of it. Years ago, I wrote a couple of science fiction stories. Lately...maybe it could be called young adult?

When I write, I try to capture a certain feeling, a specific emotion or something like that. I try to make my pieces relatable, something that a lot of people are familiar with.

Your story read naturally, and it's something I go for in mine as well, so that's why I enjoyed it. =)

Haha, you haven't noticed the subscribe button or paid it much attention I'm assuming?
Wow, that must be a interesting change of pace to write scifi stories to something young adult-ish. What made you change over to a new genre?

Have you posted any of your stories on here? I would love to read some of your work.

And thank you again for the compliments, I appreciate it. emotion_yatta

Fashionable Vampire

4,300 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I LOVE THIS STORY SOOOOOO MUCH!!! Cant wait for your next chapter! smile
RedCrushRidingHood

Yay, I'm glad you like my story that much!! 4laugh Thank you for reading and commenting also. heart
Are you subscribed?

Fashionable Vampire

4,300 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Pho Far East
RedCrushRidingHood

Yay, I'm glad you like my story that much!! 4laugh Thank you for reading and commenting also. heart
Are you subscribed?

Yes! I want to make sure I dont miss out when the next chapter is posted. biggrin Oh and Thank you for helping me complete two more achievements by quoting me. heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff