Welcome to Gaia! ::

I do hope this is the right place to post this. I get a bit confused. I was just wondering if someone could rate my story. Tell me what they think of it. It is not done, but hopefully I can add more soon. I will update. And when I do, it will be on the front page. So, here it goes. But before I start...

My Other Favorite Stories
Blue Dragon
Council Of Dragons

More to come...

Alright, here is my story.

Families fleeing, children crying for their mothers, the voices of dragons and many men. My mother held me tight as our roof started to collapse. It was dark out and the only light throughout my village was from the crackling fire, burning down our houses.

For years, the Shadow Dragons have tormented our village, slaughtering many of our village slayers. Including Hiro Nobuto, the leader of the slayers in our village. His skills as a slayer were extravagent. Yes, he was a cougar demon, but we accepted him. For he was trustworthy and faithful, very kind, and sweet. But most of all, I had to trust him. He was my father.

Many years back, Hiro Nobuto married my mother, Kazura, a human. A couple years passed and they had me, Sage Nobuto. A half-demon. Other children teased and bullied me because I was different. They called me a half-breed, although I was still too young to know what that meant at the time. Whenever I would go to ask my mother what it meant, she would just hold me and cry. That was after my father died.

The day my father died was one dreadful evening. The Shadow Demons came and I watched my father get slaughtered right before my eyes. I did not cry, though. I did not know how to. I had my mother from then on, and we worked very hard each day to live.

My father must have known what awaited him that fateful evening. For, just before he had left to fight the Shadow Demons, he handed me something very special. An egg, silver, with the the village crest incrested in black on the egg. He kissed me on my head, and vowed that he would always be with me, in spirit. Then, he was gone.

Now, the Shadows want to finish us off. One-by-one, each member of our village was torn from their families, and slaughtered before my eyes. Blood was everywhere. The overwhelming amount of blood, the smell made me dizzy.

My mother held me in an emotional embrace one last time. "Do not be afraid, little one," she had told me, which was silly because I had never felt the emotion of fear in my life. Not even when my father had left that last day. The day he was slaughtered by a shadow dragon. She grabbed my hand and led me out of the house, just before it collapsed. We did not stop, though. We ran to the stable where our family horse, Dojima neighed restlessly. He had been my father's partner when he went away on travels to other villages to slaughter evil demons or dragons there.

My mother trembled. She put the horse's reins on Dojima and I mounted the beast. I was used to bareback, for my father would sometimes let me ride Dojima when he was around. After he died, Dojima was just a pet, I have not seen him until now. "Ride, my child. Flee. Do not turn back, no matter what happens. I will meet you in the city of Arai. Only there will you be safe from these horrible men who terrorize our village. Ride there and wait for me. The people there will take good care of you until I arrive. Be careful, Sage." Those were my mother's last words. She took the silver egg from my hands, and put it in a side pouch on the horse, where it would sleep safely. Then, she slapped Dojima's behind and the horse galloped away. Up to the hills, towards the outskirts of the village.

I pulled on the reins, just as we reached the top of the hills. I looked back, only to see my mother, cornered by two men dressed in long, black clothing and a hood that masked their faces. A shadow dragon stood behind the two men. One man drew out an arrow and aimed with the bow, ready to fire. The other unsheathed his sword. With a nodd, the two attacked my mother. With blood on their weapons, they turned around, and left the remains of my mother for the dragon to devour.

That was the first time I felt fear. Fear of being alone. I was alone. Just me, and Dojima.

The Silver Dragon

I looked up to see the men leaving the bloody village on the dragon's backs. Not a single soul had been spared. Except mine, which they did not know of. Rage grew deep down inside me, and I swore I would take revenge. For they had taken all I knew and toyed with it, then destroyed it in a few short minutes.

I always told my mother that I could fend for myself. But I never thought the day would come when I had to. I was only a girl at the age of eleven. But I could do it. I would live and do as my mother had told me. So with no food, just a horse and an egg, I turned Dojima around and headed towards the forest. Towards Arai.

I rode Dojima into the forest, weaving though the trees. My ears twitched at the sound of running water. I sniffed the air, it was straight ahead. My black fur on my cat tail and ears stood on end, almost enough to shade the white stripes. The thought of fresh water made me feel light headed. For I was very thirsty, I had not had fresh water in a while. But Dojima jerked on the reins, telling me it was not far. He trotted onwards, and sure enough. On the other side of a patch of bushes lay a small stream. Shimmering water flowed though it, making it look almost magical.

I dismounted my horse and led him over to the bank where we both kneeled down for a long drink. It was dark, but I could see perfectly. I stood up again and took the reins off Dojima, knowing he would not stray far from me. I took the pouch off him before he laid down, next to a tree. I yawned, knowing it was late. I leaned against the tree Dojima had laid next to, the pouch with my egg still inside, lay next to me. I patted the egg, stoked Dojima's mane until I could hear the snoring of the beast. I layed down, on my back, bidd Dojima goodnight, and closed my eyes. Letting the sound of the swiftly flowing stream lull me to sleep. My thoughts about what had just happened trailed off and wandered to infinity.

Something that felt of soft velvet brushed my cheek. I sat up, rubbing my eyes and looked at Dojima, who was nuzzling me to wake me up. I wondered why he had woken me up. I did not have to wonder long, for I heard voices and the sound of clanking weapons nearby. I looked around, trying to keep low and spotted a large group of men, dressed like members of the Shadow Dragon clan. Feared men, with nothing but wild black-grey dragons that looked like shadows for pets. That is why they called them shadow dragons. Dojima must have known we were in danger, for he too, layed down as low as possible and did not make a sound.

We lay there until they passed. Holding my breath, hoping they would not spot us. When they were finally out of sight, I got up and let out a sigh of relief. Dojima, too.
--->>Knowing that this area was no longer safe, I reached into my bag for Dojima's reins and my hand hit something else.

I looked into the bag for the first time, I pulled out the egg and reins which lay on top of something else in the pouch. I pulled it out and it seemed to be a long oak bow my father had used. I dumped out the rest. There were a whole lot of arrows and the sack he held them in. I looked under the pile of arrows and found a black leather sheath. Inside that, was my father's most prideful sword. A long, thin sword that he had kept in very good condition.

I pulled out of my own pouch I always kept around my waist, fur from my father's tail. I had gathered it after he had been killed. I tied it around the top of the handle of the sword. This way, my father will always be with me.

I tied the belt with the sheath attached to it around me and put the sword in the sheath. Then I got the arrows and put them in their sack. Then grabbed the bow and arrows and put them in the pouch that I had put back on Dojima. I carefully placed the egg inside as well and put Dojima's reins on him. Then, I mounted him and we quietly made our way out of the forest, in case there were still Shadows lurking around.

I felt brave with my father's sword on my waist. I patted it, and headed onward. The nearest place from here was the city of Kai. There, we would stop and rest, maybe have something to eat if they were so generous.

When we reached the edge of the forest, Dojima neighed loudly and reared back. When his front hooves met back with the earth, I saw what made him jump. The group of Shadow Dragons and their "pets '' we had seen earlier, had formed an ambush and had surrounded the edge of the forest. They had formed back together by this time, in a large group and hopped on the backs on their dragons and headed right for us.

I was paralized. All I could do was hang on tight, for Dojima was frightened greatly. He turned and started galloping off in that direction, uncontrollably.
*is reading but...* >.< my story is called BLUE dragon...O.O
6GeMiNi9
*is reading but...* >.< my story is called BLUE dragon...O.O
Wow, akward. I want to read it! >.<
Wow. X.x x.X Awesomeness!
O.o the half demon thing sounds like something I've seen off of an Inuyasha episode...O.O this moved a bit fast for me as well...O.O and the forest scene reminded me of LOTR...O.o...but all in all good story...a few grammatical errors here and there but every writer has them...and I'm sure they will be fixed ^_^ good job...ratings...hmm...on a scale of 1 to 10 I would give this story a 7.5 as of right now...O.O considering it's not gotten too far into the story yet...
Come on people! Please tell me what you think.

BUMP! BUMP! BUMP! BUMP! ...

LE BUMPE!!
6GeMiNi9
O.o the half demon thing sounds like something I've seen off of an Inuyasha episode...O.O this moved a bit fast for me as well...O.O and the forest scene reminded me of LOTR...O.o...but all in all good story...a few grammatical errors here and there but every writer has them...and I'm sure they will be fixed ^_^ good job...ratings...hmm...on a scale of 1 to 10 I would give this story a 7.5 as of right now...O.O considering it's not gotten too far into the story yet...
Yes, I know it may remind you of Inuyasha. That is probably because I watch Inyasha a lot. I have no clue what LOTR is, but yes, it did move a bit fast. But I told the story in the eyes of a young eleven year old. Everything would move fast for you if it was like that when you where eleven I am sure. It would for me.
Oh, and I do hope you do not mind me putting a link to your story on my thread. It was good so far that I have read. You are a good writer.
indeed...I guess O.O so, wait...O.o, ah...I see, you are writing in first person prospective as well. Okay then I guess ^_^
~aqua crimsonblood~
Oh, and I do hope you do not mind me putting a link to your story on my thread. It was good so far that I have read. You are a good writer.

no prob ^_^ I'm glad you liked it... biggrin
6GeMiNi9
indeed...I guess O.O so, wait...O.o, ah...I see, you are writing in first person prospective as well. Okay then I guess ^_^
Lol. 3nodding
>.< I write in first person too...but what I'm working on now is third person because there are far too many characters...but the main character is going to be a guy O.o THAT'S going to be new for me...
6GeMiNi9
>.< I write in first person too...but what I'm working on now is third person because there are far too many characters...but the main character is going to be a guy O.o THAT'S going to be new for me...
Really? Nice. I like making my main character a girl. Once in a while, there is a guy as well. But I really am used to and most comfortable with first person. I do not think I have actually written a story in another form. Only for english classes.
indeed...I've written guys as leading men...but this shall truly be different...however I have to finish Blue Dragon before I do this one because it's sort of a prequel to Blue Dragon...and if I should show this BEFORE blue dragon...then none of Blue Dragon would be a mystery :p
6GeMiNi9
indeed...I've written guys as leading men...but this shall truly be different...however I have to finish Blue Dragon before I do this one because it's sort of a prequel to Blue Dragon...and if I should show this BEFORE blue dragon...then none of Blue Dragon would be a mystery :p
Yes, that makes sense

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces