Welcome to Gaia! ::

What do you think

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on February 20, 2005.
No longer accepting new votes.

Good, but...it might be possible you overused time-changes and stuff. Try not just saying "(insert amount of time) later", maybe something like:
"A week passed." or "Months dragged by like centurys", or something to that effect. Very nice writing. I'd definitely like to read more. biggrin
To a subforum with ye.

Regardless, your tone is a little odd. You focus on unnecessary specifics and time changes as opposed to actual characterization. I would go back and do some serious revision. Make sure you sound like a writer instead of a reader of endless facts.
Ethanael
Good, but...it might be possible you overused time-changes and stuff. Try not just saying "(insert amount of time) later", maybe something like:
"A week passed." or "Months dragged by like centurys", or something to that effect. Very nice writing. I'd definitely like to read more. biggrin

yeah i know i did, i have to change it....revise, but you would want to read the rest when i finish.
It all sounds very interesting....I'd like to continue reading this when you add more...I agree with the comments above on time...but they've said what I've thought...so I'll just give you a round of applause for spending time on writing....^~^
*clap clap*
whee
It is very good! I loved it heart biggrin I'd like to read more. And you should get it published. You've got lots of talent, girl. And, I think, a lot of ppl would love to read it! biggrin And I also agree with the above comments. But it's still really really good. biggrin
hot_ice452
It is very good! I loved it heart biggrin I'd like to read more. And you should get it published. You've got lots of talent, girl. And, I think, a lot of ppl would love to read it! biggrin And I also agree with the above comments. But it's still really really good. biggrin

thank you i just wish i could finish it, anyone have any ideas, i dont know where to go next
Your sentences are way too simple, and there is just, honestly, no life to this story. There is nothing here that makes me feel for any character at all. If you want to make the reader feel, give them a reason to, but you're moving so fast that no reader will have enough time to empathize with your characters. To create characterization, don't just write a paragraph about one event and then say "Sometime later", but fill up the time with your characters.

And to be honest, with a lack of characterization, a lack of realistic time, and the over-simplification of events. This might be good for a summary, but not for an actual story. It would also help if you focued more on how people really act and speak and write, and try and empathize with parents because I don't think you're really thinking of how a lot of parents act. If a mother is worried about bad reputations (and is very religious), chances are she's not the kind of mother who would throw out her daughter for being pregnant. I've talked with and overheard girls who have actually been pregnant, and not a one of them was disowned or hated by their parents -- usually it's the kid who jumps to conclusions and skips out.
Keetazi
Your sentences are way too simple, and there is just, honestly, no life to this story. There is nothing here that makes me feel for any character at all. If you want to make the reader feel, give them a reason to, but you're moving so fast that no reader will have enough time to empathize with your characters. To create characterization, don't just write a paragraph about one event and then say "Sometime later", but fill up the time with your characters.

And to be honest, with a lack of characterization, a lack of realistic time, and the over-simplification of events. This might be good for a summary, but not for an actual story. It would also help if you focued more on how people really act and speak and write, and try and empathize with parents because I don't think you're really thinking of how a lot of parents act. If a mother is worried about bad reputations (and is very religious), chances are she's not the kind of mother who would throw out her daughter for being pregnant. I've talked with and overheard girls who have actually been pregnant, and not a one of them was disowned or hated by their parents -- usually it's the kid who jumps to conclusions and skips out.

well...it almost happen to me

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces