Dedicated Friend

10,900 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Divorced 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Tainted Trilogy: Love You to Death.

Read Here!

Pitch

I am only seventeen, yet I have experience death.

Not once... Not twice... but twenty times.

One dare? Check. One bloodthirsty vampire? Check. One disastrously handsome knight-in-shining-armour? Check. Trying to outrun memories from her past twenty-odd past lives whilst attempting to escape her fate of certain death? Well, that's a work in progress.

Something is following Cornelia Sullivan. It has been following her since before she could remember. But now, it is angry — bloodthirsty — and it wants her dead.

When her death has been set to a date, how can she possibly escape it? How can she run from a past that is not hers? She also remembers things – things that should not be known by her. They are not her memories to be remembered... or are they?

As she struggles to find out who she is and what her true past is, she meets people that she already knows — just not in this life. There is Max, her beautiful, yet submissive, knight in (no) armour. Along with Jack, the mysterious vampire Lord who claims to know the key to her past.

So the question still remains: will she be able to overthrow her love for her guardians? And will she be able to quell the demon’s that wish for her death?

No, my book is not a copy of Fallen (by Lauren Kate) click here for proof.
My Story's Posted Date: August 21st 2009.
Fallen's Release Date: December 9th 2009.
[August -> September -> October -> November -> December].

Dedicated Friend

10,900 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Divorced 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Prelude / Preview

.“My, my. You’re feisty, aren’t you?” she said, unbothered about the gash on her cheek as her fingers slowly started to coil around my wrist, tightening until I was sure she had made a rather dominant mark on my arm. “You only saved me the hassle of doing it myself.” And with that, as if it came second nature to her, she snapped my wrist backwards.

The snap was what really made me cringe, causing my eyes to open wide, in disbelief, turning to look at my disfigured arm as she dropped it to the ground. There was no pain, or it might have just been the calm before the storm. All I could feel was a dull heat spreading through my arm. I wanted to speak but my mouth could only process two things: open and close. No words would form. The girl’s grin turned into a half smile.

“Now we start playing a game,” she said with a nod, reaching for my other arm. “I wonder how many bones will still be intact by the time they arrive?” The smile had disappeared completely and she paused, frowning, distorting her misleading angelic features. “They are quicker than I thought. Could they really have been one step ahead of me this time? It matters not; I think you are running out of blood.”

She placed her fingers on my collar bone, unbothered as the warm liquid, of what I could only assume was my blood, swam around her fingers. My heart was thudding profoundly as she walked her fingers across my skin, much like I had done so to Max just before I’d fallen asleep, her fingers soon laced around my throat.

“3...” her other hand came to my throat, my eyes closing.
“...2....” her grip tightened, cutting off my airway.
“...1...” my heart stopped.

Dedicated Friend

10,900 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Divorced 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Story Art:

Group Picture:
User Image

Cornelia Sullivan:

User Image

User Image