Welcome to Gaia! ::

<Explanation>:Er...not a fanfic, my appologies. But I couldn't figure out where to put it, so here it lies. I will update whenever I feel like it. And the prologue is short. I intend to be writing a very long story. Why, you ask? Because I'm low on gold, that's why. And I enjoy it. I'll put things partaining to the story here later, such as a map, a character list, and a summary of what has happened so far in the story, 'cause it would take forever to read once I'm really into it, along with an FAQ. And the name will be decided once I figure out what I'm going to write. Right now, I have no idea where the story will go I just put up something temporary, which is prone to change...</Explanation>
<Prologue>

Keronia was a small kingdom, just eleven days' walking distance from one end to the other, with two cities and few villages. The few valleys in the kingdom were used mostly for farming, and the remaining for either livestock or woodstock. There were three rivers in it, their sources far into the mountains beyond the kingdoms' borders. A poor place from the start, this was worsened by the fact they were situated mostly in the mountains, thus cutting off most trade routes to their city. Despite this, Keronia remained peaceful for much of its time. Its three seasons would wax and wan in perfected unison, as would its people in their due time.

However, peace existed only in hope, and the royals of Keronia shattered this. Two twins by the names of Liger and Folx argued over who would inheirit the kingdom. They each longed for the entire kingdom, but in the end their father declared neither of them should have it if they acted so, and the title of heir would soon be given to another. Both were drawn into a fury, and acted upon their father quickly. Folx drew his army into the north kingdom, where they threw down those who opposed him and began to control it. Unbeknownst to Folx, Liger had decided to murder their father and take the kingdom. Once the kingdom of Keronia heard that their king had died, 'in his sleep,' along with becoming aware of Folx's northern doings, they appointed Liger as their king. Liger turned his eyes to the north, craving to take what was not his, and sent his armies to destroy Folx. Folx retaliated, sending Liger's forces back quickly and soundly over the Ketal river.

And so the kingdom of Keronia was divided: Folx's kingdom north of the Ketal, Sharden, and Liger's kingdom south of the Ketal, Carmet. And henceforth, the story is told starting from Carmet, in the small village of Letres, at the foot of the eastern mountains and four days' walk from Ketal. This is where what was once Keronia bordered the deserted lands of Calico.

And thus said, let the tapestry be weaved and the yarn well told.

</Prologue>
<:Chapter One.>

Arym's light brown hair swayed gently in the light breeze. A light breeze brushed his pale face, bearing a strand of warmth. Arym snapped his eyes open. Arym had been born and raised in Keronia. Or perhaps now, Carmet. Either way, it was never warm. "Where the hell am I?" he muttered to himself out of instinct. His sea green eyes surveyed the darkness which met him with surprise. He was floating...or standing...or swimming in this darkness, which he couldn't tell, for there was only black to see. "H...hello?" Even though he had shouted the question, his voice seemed like the whisper of a moth, trapped in the night and searching for dawn.
"I...I have to be dreaming..." Arym said silently. "This can't be real..." He had been sleeping just seconds ago in his bed. This couldn't be real. But...there was a strange reality. There was no way he could have imagined a warm breeze, one he had never felt in his life..."Come on, wake up!" he yelled to himself. There was something sinister about this place.
"You won't wake up." A dull, monotone voice flooded the void. Suddenly Arym saw a figure appear, as if it had been there all along. It had deep black eyes, with faint red pupils. A cloak wrapped around it and swayed slowly, as if its bearer was smoke. It was the source of warmth. "You can't wake up, because this isn't a dream."
Arym shook his head. "No...that can't be true." He began to tremble. "You can't expect me to believe this is--"
"Real? No, I don't." The voice seemed to carry amusement, though its tone and emotion had not changed. The wraith of darkness focused its eyes on Arym. "I do expect you to understand that Oblivion is no disreality, either."
The warm breeze quickened. Arym suddenly felt that there was something darker coming from the gathering of black that was wrapping around him like a snake. "Wh...what do you want? Let me go!"
The darkness laughed. "You are the one who trapped yourself here in Oblivion. I did not bring you here, but you brought yourself." Arym silently cowered, and the phantom laughed. Arym looked hopelessly at it, though it was against his nature. If he played his cards right, the creature may just be stupid enough to take pity on him. "Eidolon has never been as fun as this. It was once nothing, but now you've appeared...it is a merryment of sorts to exist on this level of being. So...I suppose it would be extremely poor sported of me to kill you now."
Arym almost sighed in relief, but held it in. He wasn't back in his bed yet.
The wraith continued its speech with less emotion than a bat. "Now, I'll have a good time with you yet. Before you get up, listen and remember...your lands will see my fire again. And when they do, consider my games with you...paradise."

</.Chapter One:>

((I appologize if this was too fast into the story...keep in mind I'm making this up as I go...))
<:Chapter One..>

"What?!" Arym sat up quickly in bed and struck the top bunk with full force. "Ah...s**t..." He rolled out of the covers and onto the floor, then crawled out of the room to the kitchen. He grabbed an apple off the table and proceeded to return to his room. The only problem with this was the fact a tall femme figure towered in his path.
"Good morning, Ry. Any reason I can't sleep peacefully in the morning anymore? You're going to break our bed one day, you know. And..." she paused. "And why are you crawling?"
"Because I'm too lazy to get up. Gotta problem?"
He tried to scoot past her, but she pulled him up by the collar of his pajamas and pulled him to his full height of 5'11". "You're sixteen, Ry, act your age and think about it! We're supposed to see Father today at Shilek. He's been waiting two months!"
Arym's eyes came open in shock. "Oh, ********! Why the hell didn't you tell me yesterday we had to see him, Farin?"
"Why would I do that?" Faiinral replied coldly. "So you could sneak away like last time? Just because he's not your father doesn't mean you can't interact with him every once in a while. If you got to know him, perhaps you'd find he's actually nice underneath everything."
"Yeah, right, Farin." Arym glared at her whole heartedly. "Just like a nice, trustable dragon, eh?"
Faiinral faltered as she remembered the early memory. Arym took the moment to rebuke. "I'm not going, no matter what you say." He pushed past her and felt her slam into the wall. It sounded painful and he hadn''t meant to do that. But he couldn't care less. He dressed as quick as he could, throwing his clothes on the floor for Faiinral to pick up later. His stepsister would not be bringing her all the way to Shilek to see that b*****d she called her father. He picked up his jacket, then put it down. He wouldn't be gone long. Just long enough for her to leave.
He stepped back out of the small room through the empty hallway and out the door. Faiinral had dissapeared. Fine by him. He had to think about that dream, and it was best to do that alone. He wandered through the town, finally coming to a mountain path that led to its summit. He began to climb intently.
After a minute, he glanced back at the town, which would be far below him by now. Then, he whirled and stared. The village of Letres was lit in flames of red and the smoke billowed over it like a vulture over death. The warmth...it was the same as the wraith's. He shuddered, then raced swifter than a deer down the peak.

</..Chapter One:>
<:Chapter One...>

Arym raced through the streets, searching the frightened faces desperately for the one he wanted most. At last he found her, sank to her knees, just beside the house they had shared together. Ash covered her pale face and Faiinral was staring at the gravel like she was in a trance. "Farin, Farin...come on, let's get out of here!" He grabbed her arm and pulled her through the village quickly. Once the adge of the city was in site Arym stopped and held Faiinral by the shoulders. "Farin, tell me what happened, please..."
Faiinral stared through him and leaned into his arms weakly. "Ry...I'm sorry...I can't...see you through this..."
"What? Don't joke like that, Farin. What happened?" Tears ran down his eyes against his will. "What happened, Farin!"
Faiinral smiled weakly. "Who...is Farin? Who...are you...?"
"Farin...you're Farin. Stop it!" Arym felt a rage burn in him, at what he did not know.
"Who...am I...?"
A dark laughing filled the village. Arym cringed. It was that figure, the being of the depths...what had it been called? Eidolon? No. Oblivion. But this was his world, and he hadf no limits anymore. He could run from it this time. He grabbed Farin's arm and kept running up to the summit. She fell after three steps. "Farin, get up!" he shouted.
"I...I'm not your Farin."
Faiinral's eyes became cloudy like the black smoke of the sky, and her hair whipped into nothingness. She fell foward into his arms then she, too, became smoke. Farin felt the ash on his fingers dissolve slowly. "Fa...Faiinral..." he breathed. The name sounded odd, for he had never said it before, even once he had learned to say it. "Faiinral..." he gripped the dirt in his hands and let the fierce heated wind whirl around him. "Come back...to me..."
"She won't come back, fool." The black voice again. She can't come back from where she is. But if you wou--"
"Who the hell are you!" Arym whirled with fire in his eyes, the rage he had felt suddenly finding an output. "Who the hell are you, to kill all of these...these innocent people? Who are you to kill...kill her?"
"Even in your waking world, you really are a fool..." the wraith said solemnly. "But if you must know, I am called Xardelvasekronn, in your tongue, I believe...but it would not matter. A human like you can only comprehend the name Sek. But, why so accusative? I did nothing to cause these fires. This was caused by the Calici."
"Calici?"
"Yes, the neighboring kingdom." It glowered in amusement at Arym's confusion. "The Calici have lain dormant in the earth for years, and now they have decided to conquer the World that so hated them. They are bold creatures, who appear just like a human, but will decieve you the moment they have your trust."
Arym breathed in, then spoke slowly. "Okay. I think I'll understand that sometime later...but..." the fire crackled, giving the appearance of watercolors, either from the snow or the burning heat. "Sek." The name was repulsive even as he said it, angering him to the very last hair. He would never say it again, but he had to finish nonetheless. "You said your fires would destroy my world. That you...that being with you would be paradise."
"Did I? I must have overtalked my right amount. But it is not my fault I am here again. My fire can only be started by a human..." it mused over the ways it would continue for a time. "My fire is in you, and it will consume you, mortal."
"What?" Arym spat. "No! I would never help a...a demon like you!"
"Perhaps not, but here I am, aren't I?" It held out its hands and shook its hooded head. "I'll have you know, child, that I saved your mind today. The fire of the Calici makes you forget, then...dissapear. Die in more pain than your mind can handle. Forget why you're there. Only remembering pain. Only the strongest of minds can survive the smoke, then there's the fire as well. Oh, yes, and...I do not know what the Calici will do with their prisoners."
"What?"
"Hmm. You're losing touch with reality. You should really get up, you know."

</...Chapter One:>

((*phew* ... I don't expect anyone to have actually read this, but it's nice to get feedback from the few angelic creatures who try...))
<:Chapter Two.>

Arym woke to burning sand stone under his head. "Hm...wha...?" He sat up and opened his eyes, then shut them at the glare. It was so bright, wherever he was. And hot. He burst up quickly to get off the stone. "Ay!"
"Fetalada ugreta nogar!" shouted a deep, rough voice. Arym squinted to see a squat man with enough beard for four men to get lost in for eternity. His brows were furrowed and his eyes were blazing. "Ugreta nogar! Ugreta nogar!" Shrill laughter, like the hacking of vultures, ensued, and the man turned red in frustration. He began to stride towards Arym, and just when the man was in arms reach he felt another hand pull him down from behind.
Arym whirled and saw a man sitting beside him with deep hazel hair, enhanced by red highlights, staring at him with yellow-brown eyes. "They said sit down, I think. They'll kill us once they have an excuse. Try not to anger them, please." The man sounded calm, as if this wasn't out of the ordinary, but his eyes seemed darker as he said them, and they whirled as if plagued by a blizzard.
"O...okay..." Arym bit back the pain the heat brought to him and glanced back at the stout man. He was oathing softly under his breath, Arym could guess, and the other men gathered around all seemed to be snickering. There were many of them:all varying colors, genders, figures, and stances. Arym looked back at the man. "W...where are we?"
"The kingdom of Calico, I believe. We're far east of mountains, which would prevent snow from coming here." The man looked down and shook his head. "They came without any warning. I think...I think they took all of Keronia."
"Took?" Arym was shocked in full. "You mean...you mean dead?"
The man shook his head. "I don't know. I don't think. It was just like...they dissapeared. They forgot how to exist or something on this plane...and dissapeared. That has to be it..." He seemed frustrated by this, but remained tranquil in appearance. He looked up from the grains of sand he had been gazing at and said in a monotone voice, "I...think we're all that's left. I think it's only us two."
"Us two..." Arym trembled underneath his jackets. They were two Keronians, who didn't even know eachother, imprisoned by the Calici in the middle of Calico's deserts. There was nothing worse that could happen Arym could think of, unless they were going to torture them. He tried to avoid those dark thoughts.
"What's your name, kid?" asked the man in low tones, looking at the Calici around them in what seemed to be curiousity.
"It's Arym Farqua, sir."
The man cringed at the title. "Don't call me sir. There's nothing I've done in my life that deserves to be recalled." He squinted at a passing man. "That's it! That's what makes them different from us.That's how you can tell they're not human."
"Different?"
"Yes, look...all of the Calici have different shaped pupils."
"Pupils?" Arym asked.
"You didn't go to school, did you?"
"No, sir. I grew up in Letres. That's in east Carmet, if you haven't heard of it. It's not on any of the maps. It's not the prettiest of places, doesn't even have a view, or a valley nearby. We didn't have enough money to get me schooling, so Far..." He fell silent. At the mere mention of her name he could feel the ashes sift through his fingers like water.
"I'm sorry, Arym. I didn't mean to--"
"I'm fine." Arym looked at an oddly shaped rock, picked it up, and pocketed it. Maybe one day he would be far enough from Keronia to want to be in this desert, and he would pull out the rock and remember its feel. Right now it felt like burning coal, but perhaps one da--
"Mine name's Aquilo, to you."
Aquilo looked like he would say something more, but the stout man approached.
"Gefre nata!"
Aquilo stood and Arym quickly followed suit.
"Miledda dutos." Aquilo held up his hands and shook his head to show he had no idea to the Calici. The stout man grunted, grabbed Arym's shoulder, and gave him a rough push. "Miledda dutos!" Start walking.
Arym complied without a word and soon Aquilo stood beside him. "I know what you mean, now, Aquilo."
"What?"
"His eyes...they were like skulls..."

</.Chapter Two:>

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out