Welcome to Gaia! ::

Partying Pup

8,850 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Married 100
User Image

READ AND REVIEW

POST COMMENTS HERE -- YES, ANYWHERE YOU LIKE!
DON'T ADVERTISE
DON'T BUMP
DON'T FLOOD
DON'T SPAM
DON'T PISS ME OFF

DISCLAIMER:
ONLY FOUR CHARACTERS ARE MINE
THE REST BELONGS TO MY LOVELY FRIENDS AND I AM JUST BORROWING THEM

DON'T GET TOO OVERWHELMED WITH MY LITTLE KNOWING ABOUT MEDIEVAL AND OLD ENGLISH
THIS ORIGINAL STORY IS SOLELY FOR FLUFF, DRAMA AND ROMANCE, NOT HISTORY DO-OVER WHATSIT-LESSON

IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE, THE VERY SAME SET OF CHARACTERS ARE IN
User Image
BY: FUZZY SNICKERDOODLE ♥

User Image
BY: UNANTICIPATED ✪

CLEAR?
CRYSTAL CLEAR.
THE ONLY TIME
IS PARTY TIME.

Partying Pup

8,850 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Married 100
User Image

CRAZY NOTES: I can do it like a brothaa, write it like a blurb!
FIRST SEEN HERE: Zaqueo, Diego, Tiffany, Aiden, Dean, Elise, Lucas, Eleanor

User Image
                                                      "Who goes there!?" A soldier of the castle Bourbon called out, his hand on the sheath of the sword, ready to slash anyone who dares to trespass the gates at this time of night. "Ugh," came the grunt of the hooded figure atop the horse. "It's me, barmpot." Once the guard recognized the voice, he immediately backed off and did a bow. For whatever reason the prince was coming late tonight, not to mention he wasn't really allowed to be anywhere else but in his private chambers at this hour, the lowly cadet had nothing else to do but to place his head low and open the gates for him and his stallion.

"Not a word to my father, you hear!" the confused soldier was taken by his chain mail as his highness passed him by. As the tensed guard nodded, he swore he smelled liquor in his breath. By the time he was released, he placed his gaze back to the darkened forest. Amidst the woods, he was tracing out a figure lurking by the bushes and once the prince was safely contained within the castle walls, it disappeared.

Zaqueo snuck into his bedroom with only the thoughts of his friend Diego in his thoughts. This was the third time this week that he broke the palace rules and all thanks to him. It has been almost a year since he met this townsperson-- and a grand addition to that pretty information was that his first sight of him was he was engaged in a sultry conversation with an evening wench. Few days later, he was spotted walking into an inn with a red headed woman whom later on he disclosed the name as Tiffany.

It was amusing and puzzling at the same time how this Diego juggled women night after night. Nonetheless, it was what drew his highness to this town manslut. Though he was a commoner, he sure had more fun than a prince ever had in his twenty one years of existence. Them tavern-hopping after the sun sets, they were of certainty would get into trouble... most likely with women.

-- --

"I cannot stress any further, Lord Dean, but we are here to collect taxes." A tall male, towering in his height of six foot flat was within the grand porch of the Marshall manor. Of course, the man of the house could simply be called 'Sir' but he preferred the title 'Lord'. "Isn't it a bit too late for that, Sir Cardonell? I am afraid I am in the middle of my drink... unless you care to join me, no?" The knight with a working moral compass would not let himself be seduced by glittering wine, and more so during the hour of his work-- which wasn't included in his job description to begin with. Rolling his eyes, he cracked his neck a little to the side before he patted the handle of his sword that was attached to his belt.

"Oh, I wouldn't go that far, knight--" "This is the only time of the day where you can be visited, Sir Marshall. I assume you could be a little more grateful that the palace is adjusting to your availability. We could ransack your backyard for sheep should you refrain to comply within the rules." Hand on the door handle, other on his glass, Dean took a short swig of his drink before letting out a mocking chuckle. "You cannot possibly! I have strong ties with the king and prince themselves, soldier. I am more of an asset compared to you, servant. And that is LORD Dean to you."

Wow. Aiden let himself roll his eyes for another time. Though he knew what this bugger was talking about and though his words had teeth, he still can't believe that people abundant with wealth were the bloody rude ones. "Of course, I would give you your money. I don't want to get on your bad side, do I? It is such a talk of the town that Sir Cardonell is that one man who will never betray this country." By that, Dean produced a purse full of gold and silver. It looked like he already had his fair share of tax ready. Why did he have to ******** with the collectors every time?

"It is not my money, Lord Dean. It is for the good of the entire kingdom." Aiden held the small bag firmly in his grasp before putting it with the rest of the funds. "Yes, yes. Now get out of my porch." The young noble smirked sarcastically and slammed the door on his face.

-- --

"Good call with asking Aiden to do our job for tonight." The moon was at its fullest and two people in their uniformed chain mail and red clothing were found hiking in the woods. "Yes," the second person replied and the tone sounded more feminine, "he owes me for losing. Don't you know how hard headed Aiden is, Lucas?" Running a hand through his curly dark brown hair, this Lucas person flashed a puzzled brow before he scratched his ear. "Hard headed?"

Sir Aiden Cardonell was the star hero of all Bourbon. It wasn't because he was the most brawny but it was credible that he was the one with the highest morale. Not once in his life did he cheat nor he lied. Even if the prince had his downer days where he would treat the man poorly, the knight has always turned a blind eye and cruised through the imperfection without a single complaint. Great man, that was, almost god-like with goodness. "I am not sure I am following." Lucas added whilst he shoved a thin branch away from his face.

"We were sparring this morning!" The knight with the fairer gender screamed a little and the bats came flying away and the owls hooted at their intruders. "During training, I told him not to go easy on me! And he did! Cobblers that Aiden was! I will get him more than just--" "Sshh." A masculine hand flew on Elise's mouth, instantly shutting her piehole. "You'll have us targeted by wolves." Lucas looked around, his blue eyes darting towards every tree. meeting those giant orbs some overgrown birds have. Creepy.

In the growing silence, Elise spotted a figure beside one of the trees. Narrowing her gaze towards it, she could hardly make out the petite figure because it was hiding. "Stay here," she whispered to her comrade before crouching and advancing slowly towards the trunk that imprisoned her attention. "Hello~" she cooed femininely, seeing that the creature she found was indeed a girl with her right palm pressed on the wood, half of her face peaking at the knight.

"Who's there!?" Lucas called from a distance. As Elise ignored him, she stepped closer to the tree and immediately realized that the stranger was naked. Oh my effing hell's fire, was she ravaged and left here!? "Oh dear, are you all right!?" she panicked and perhaps this sent her companion a sense of urgency for the boy shouted once more. "What did you find!?" Upon the absence of an answer, he gritted his teeth and ran his fingers through his hair. "Bollocks, Elise! I am coming!" At once, the sound of manly feet breaking the twigs and leaves on the ground was heard.

"No," Elise turned away from the girl momentarily and shot glares at Lucas. "I TOLD YOU TO STAY THERE!" Since the divvy didn't seem like he was about to take orders from a woman, the female knight jumped onto the nameless petite and encased the other's body with her own. By the time the idiot walked in, he only saw his comrade's back, her head swiveled at his direction and still shooting him with daggers with her eyes.

The gallant stared down at her and she seemed to have someone entrapped in her arms. Though he couldn't quite see because of the shortness, he knew that it was a girl. "I, um, I was, uh." Well, he could be making out words better if only he was not so busy peaking at Elise's shoulder and see full frontal what she was trying to hide. "Lack of clothing, Sir Lucas. If you don't step away AND TURN AROUND, SO HELP ME GOD, I WILL--" "FINE!" With a loud growl, he did as he was told. Those pair of brown boots he wore retreated and within the minute, the only thing visible of him was his back.

The nameless girl had both of her arms on her sides, and her emerald eyes were prying through the female protagonist's left shoulder. Elise gently let her go and removed the red clothing above her chain mail and dressed the stranger. "What's your name?" That was the first question and there were a lot more that went unanswered.

Partying Pup

8,850 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Married 100
User Image

CRAZY NOTES: There is no concrete plot. I just make stuff up as I go along.
FIRST SEEN HERE: Arianna, Odette, Senneth, Chase, Karlton

User Image
                                                      "Why hasn't Zaqueo written to me!?" It was pass midnight when the princess of Castle Verocilla was heard whining in front of her grand dresser mirror, her hairbrush on her right hand, her long golden hair at the other. "Maybe the messenger is just running late?" Odette, the daughter of the king's adviser was apparently atop a bed, her naked legs sprawled sideways while her eyes tried to make out the words in a book. "Hardly," Arianna snapped back before placing her object on the surface. Standing up and turning to face the friend she grew up with, she added "I am twenty one already, Odette! My people have already started thinking I have no suitors!"

While most females in noteworthy families rejoiced reaching age seventeen without getting married, Princess Arianna dreaded the talk of the town that her hand was not asked yet. It made her feel less attractive and less desirable somehow. "Well, that's because you don't." Odette replied indifferently before rolling on her other side and entertained herself with a silky pillow. "That's the problem! I do! His name is Prince Zaqueo Bourbon! If I had only known that it would take him this long to get on his knee, I would not have panned out the less honorable wooers! They would have been good little gems for display, at least!"

Odette's hum rang in the room after that. Oh how many times has she heard this very complaint? "If you're really impatient, Ar, I could take you to a parlor I often go to when my cravings are falling short." Arianna pressed her lips together and glared at her friend before turning towards the window. "Oh please, Odette. I need something that is puss muster, not Pandora's Box!" The girl on the bed chortled, her female companion didn't know what she was talking about or rather, she wasn't aware of the great witch on the island between Bourbon and Verocilla. Oh, she has been itching to bring the royal there. Plus, isn't it about time that Senneth the Sorceress finally lets her play with her human shifting dragon, Chase?

-- --

"I expect no late comers on training later!" Sir Aiden Cardonell vociferated as he spotted two of his soldiers' horses galloping towards the stables. "How dare you!?" That tone was not friendly indeed. Even when Lucas and Elise dismounted their beasts, he was still glaring at them. "I did your menial task and this is how you repay me!? What did you do!? Catch burglars? Oh, I am impressed! How about dealing with the snob nobles next time? Make sure they pay on the nail!" Extremely displeased, he was practically shouting at the other boy's ear.

"You, Walsh! Aren't you 'chums' with Dean Marshall? The next time you pass the buck, I--" "Look, something came up, okay?" Lucas finally found the spot to speak up. Just as he caught their captain's gaze, he nodded towards Elise who had been quiet this entire time. Aiden took a few steps towards her, his hands firm on both sides of his waist. Within moments, he noticed an unfamiliar dark brown haired girl being protectively covered by the female knight. All she was wearing was the red clothing above the mail-- the one that held their kingdom's seal. Two light flesh legs were sticking under it and if she were to move an inch, she would be easily peered at.

Elise kept her left arm possessive of the other girl while she stood timidly behind. "I already had trouble keeping Sir Walsh's eyes away. Do I have to deal with you too!?" Aiden had no more threatening words. This woman always managed to shut him up for some reason-- a wonder by many of his men, including Lucas, and the only thing they came up with was that he had a little crush.

"Remember, no Bourbon knight rises later than the sun." After one final order, he then walked out.

-- --

"Z's slave said he still wasn't ready to receive complaints," Sir Karlton Meulan nodded at Elise that following morning, "muppets," and then to Lucas, "or just nosey parkers," finally at Aiden. The three knights have asked for the youngest warrior for information because it was known that he was closest to their prince-- aside from his own slave that was. "Look, rookie, we are not here to complain, be a muppet or be nosy." Sir Walsh had taken him by his tunic and it looked like he was ready to punch him if they weren't granted with entrance to his chambers.

Karl scowled and pushed the other's hands away from his clothing. "Nutter, those aren't my words. I am just relaying them. You better not ******** with me." After one turn of his heel, he walked out of the hallway and hopped towards the nearest staircase, and then he was gone. Aiden watched the boy leave and shrugged in annoyance. "I will do it. I will just knock on his door. How hard could it be?" Before he could walk off, Elise caught up to him and took a good grip of his forearm. "Are you sure we can't direct ourselves to the king instead?" This time, Lucas had to intrude and mildly pulled the girl's grasp off of their captain. "I have been with these royals longer than you were. I am afraid Zaqueo is our better bet." With that, the woman nodded and stayed patient.

Before they knew it, the prince's slave, who was just done preparing breakfast on his table, opened the door and there stood three knights. "We need to speak to his highness," Aiden was in the middle, his step was a little forward compared to the other two. "You can't. He's still asleep." As much as he wanted to add that he was also having a hangover so it was practically difficult to wake him, he-- "Who's there, Von!?" At that, the boy's eyes widened and feared for his soul. "Sir Cardonell, sire!" At that, Zaqueo, all the way from his bed, rolled his orbs. Not really taking much favoritism to the captain because he seemed far better than he ever was, he was meant to kick him out of his bedchamber only that he felt uncharacteristically extra patient and gave them a few minutes to be received.

As the slave permitted the knights to enter, Zaqueo's gaze soon landed on that petite one that was wearing Elise's old tunic. "An offering?" he immediately asked, not really thinking about his parents preference of him getting engaged to that fair lady across the land. "Negative, sire. My cadets Sir Lucas and Dame Elise found a girl in the woods. She seems quite different, your highness. Perhaps she is from another continent." And since the ocean was very far, a foreign continent was farther. This was indeed interesting.

"Very well," the prince continued to sit on his bed, his smile playing a little on his lips. "I suspect you three want me to guarantee her a place in the palace?" Elise did not admire that smirk on his mouth. Just as she was about to speak, Lucas beat her to it. ''Just permission to protect, your highness and--" "And she can stay with me!" Zaqueo immediately laughed at how these three were playing out. Too noble, too knightly, if only there was a hidden agenda to this, he would be more intrigued. "Nonsense! A lady deserves a chamber in the castle. I will have her as my guest."

The royal soon extended his hand for the girl and she veritably walked forward and took it. "May I have the honor of knowing your name?" Well, that was something that was already asked off of her but only now that she had disclosed her voice. "High above, they call me Eleanor."

Partying Pup

8,850 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Married 100
User Image

CRAZY NOTES: Still no concrete plot. Still making stuff up along the way.
FIRST SEEN HERE: Jake, Damian, Sebastian, Mariah

User Image
                                                      "What is this, areshole!?" Jake Pervati was an honest man living in the capital of the country. Rumors stated he belonged to a wealthy family back in the countryside but he left them all to make it on his own. This kind of story isn't amazing anymore, quite cliché if anyone should ask. There are a lot of growing talented males who leave the safety of their shelters and venture out into Bourdwalk-- because it's the city where dreams come true.

In a growing establishment, he was spotted arguing with the owners. Apparently, he asked for a sword to help him hunt bears and jaguars but what he got was a shorty... or a long dagger as the blacksmith named it. "What seems to be the problem?" Damian Hayes, the person who was always willing to accept customers came hurrying towards Jake with a concerned expression plastered on his face. "I will tell you what's the problem, haggard, your wannabe-maker right here gave me something I can't use! I worked hard for that money and only... for this!?" The mighty dorky sword was raised to eye level and the other male just gave it a saddened nod. Why wasn't he surprised?

"Take it or get out." Sebastian Hirch had been quiet during the entire ordeal, seemingly occupied with things on his mind even if his hands were currently empty. Being seated there for a time now, he bit his apple and then he kicked a sack of excess metal bits and had them strewn all over the floor. "We only do business with the palace. And you--" he eyed Jake from head to toe, "looks more of a tottering hasty-witted clotpole than royalty." Damien pressed his lips together and shook his head. Though he found this unkind, again, he wasn't shocked.

"I'll have your head for this, malt-worm!" After one seemingly furious threat, Jake left the premises with a head hotter than the coal of fire these blacksmiths use.

-- --

It's been ten days since Eleanor was given a place in the castle. Five foot three, flawless skin, and a grin that could brighten up anyone's day, Zaqueo had taken her to his side like a detachable accessory. Whenever he would have a meeting with the nobles, she would be there. If he needed to address a house that hasn't been paying taxes, she would have a role of knocking and then negotiating. Anyone who doesn't fall for her charm shall answer to the prince... and he would always enjoy making a grand entrance emerging from the shadows and perform his worn-out line regarding painting the town red.

"YES! That one!" The dark haired man cheered inside his chambers as he sat on his chair by his small breakfast table. Eleanor had been showered with gifts lately and she had been showing the bracelets and necklaces to Zaqueo like they were theatre costumes. "Magnificent!" he exclaimed brightly and clapped his hands when the petite brunette juggled the bangles as if it was a noteworthy skill.

Karlton was also there, his elbows above the table, his chin atop his intertwined fingers. "Surly tickle-brained clack-dish, I can do better," he frowned, not really liking that the royal had a new toy to play with as he was cast aside like last season's magic dragon. "SIRE, LISTEN TO ME!" Oh yes, Aiden was there too and he had banged his fist atop the surface to catch his majesty's attention.

"What is it, Cardonell!? I am in the middle of something here!" Eleanor chortled at the little scene in front of her and gladly walked out of her spot and toured the corners of the chamber so she could tear away the royal's attention from her. It seemed that the captain had been addressing more important things. "Please, we need your approval on this!" Aiden had a map sprawled out in front of him but it seemed only now that he had taken notice of it. The knight rambled on about plans on how to diminish poverty and riot. "Yes, that's excellent. There's only one stain in that ploy--" he gazed from Karlton and back to the older man, "It's not Bourdwalk. It's only as good as a tardy-gaited whore to me."

If Aiden was infuriated an hour back, there was no word on how to describe his current emotion. "Bourbon isn't only Bourdwalk, your highness. Please take captain Cardonell's pieces of advise to heart." "WHAT SHE SAID!" The honest soldier can't believe it but he had to agree with Karlton's outburst. "Very well. My good luck speaks. Get whatever you want, Sir Aiden." At that, he placed his palm atop the shoulder of his knight and swiveled his focus to the local paper that he didn't get to attend to this morning.

After he momentarily closed his eyes, he stood and did a brief bow. Soon, his heavy boots made it to the door. Just as he opened it, Walsh appeared. "To what do I owe the honor, Sir Lucas?" he asked disinterested and sarcastically, his gaze still fixed at the times of the middle ages. As he came forward and Aiden completely disappearing, he walked in to report about the nobles cooperation with the latest bridge project and how fondly his confidant Dean Marshall was with the idea of building a connection between Bourbon and Verocilla.

"A lot of beautiful ladies there, I am not surprised," Zaqueo murmured, also vexed by the idea that once carriages could suffice for travel and would no longer need ships to cross the small sea, he just knew he would no longer have a reason to delay his letters to Princess Arianna. This was a project he did not mean to approve but he had no valid whyfor not to.

As Walsh found himself back by the door, he spotted a small but heavy thing rolling by his boot. Kneeling and taking it, he was soon tended to by Eleanor who had been eyeing her bangle that rolled out of the chest of the things the people have given her. "My apologies, I was sorting--" The halt in her voice was not due to the idea of pottle-deep barnicles not being able to understand the beauty of jewelry but because she found a pair of tantalizing sapphires in his face. "Don't mention it. Here. It's yours, right?" The smile he left for her was something she did not expect to linger until the end of the day. As he takes himself out of the chamber, the bangle sat on her palms and her jaw dropped along her pair of orbs that silently followed him until he closed the door. Aah, maybe it would linger.

Once she had returned to the prince's side, Karlton had been trying to uplift the royal's spirits with talks about wrestling giant bears and hunting for the loch ness monster. "That sounds like a good plan. What do you think, Eleanor?" Zaqueo had his head turned towards her and the young knight spoke, "GIRLS AREN'T ALLOWED TO COME WITH, YOUR HIGHNESS!" Though the brunette was not quite sure what a loch ness monster was, she pulled the ends of her lips and said "Entertaining, my lord. We leave tonight."

-- --

Diego has not been one to take pleasure in hunting mythical creatures so he passed at the minute the prince sent him a letter about the plan for tonight. In exchange, he invited his highness to come to a new tavern he found along the information that it was governed by Mariah and she brews the best ale in all of Bourdwalk. As much as he wanted to spend another night of getting drunk, he thought it was time to head out to a mission where his muscles would be better pleased.

Having three identical hoods, Eleanor giggled in Karlton's presence when he helped her mount a horse. The knight rolled his eyes. Never he is going to forgive this guts-gripping wench that stole the prince's attention from him. All of a sudden, he was pushed down to number two! "What's this!?" he rudely grasped her wrist just before she set her hand upon the saddle. Though the woman opened her mouth to speak, not a word came out as she snatched away her hand from him. The bangle from this noon was worn and the young warrior could only muse how unnecessary it was to pretty-it-up while hunting for monsters. "We are not going to charm our way in some beast's throat, varlet!"

Clearly, she would not take a liking to a sea creature but she was not about to disclose anything to him anyway. "The last time I checked, Sir Meulan, this was not your stallion. Why don't you go find yours before we take off without you?" Tottering flap-dragon, she will have her day! Soon, Karl gritted his teeth and stomped away, breaking a few stones and twigs that messed up the stables.

Partying Pup

8,850 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Married 100
User Image

CRAZY NOTES: Did not proofread much.
FIRST SEEN HERE: Helenia

User Image
                                                      Diego has been very right not to take Z in his offer. Come pass midnight, the heavens were so exacerbated that they let thunders descend to the sea that separated Bourbon and Verocilla. The prince and his knight have been struggling in manning their ship as they callous their hands on the thick ropes. "Stay inside!" The royal shouted when he captured Eleanor's figure walking out of the cabin and making her way to the gunport. "I have to be of use!" she retorted, her feminine voice endeavoring its way through the sullen weather.

"I would rather have you useless than dead!" Zaqueo had his palms attached to the ropes as he pulled, his head flung backwards, his gaze shifting from the girl then back to the wooden posts. "LOOK OUT!" a sudden scream came from her and that's all he remembered before his body flew backwards to the deck and a giant monstrous creature erupted from the water. "COME HERE PAPER TIGER!" Sir Meulan was drunk with adrenaline, unsheathing his sword and charging towards the creature.

As soon as high highness regained his consciousness, his blue eyes darted across the bowspirit where the beast was. Elongated neck, a face of a reptile and feet like the squid, Zaqueo thought he would never see the day he would greet something so extravagant! "I SHALL HANG YOUR HEAD ON THE THRONE! WE WILL BE THE ENVY OF EVERY KINGDOM!" Taking out his own sword made especially by Sebastian, his boots pressed hard from the wood and assaulted the first tentacle that was unfortunate enough to be in his way. Successfully slicing one was a shot of rhum, drowning him in egotistic ecstasy that he could defeat such a colossal sea fiend.

Karlton climbed the jolly roger and took pride beside the Bourbon flag. The legs that swish-swooshed on his level were damaged by his blade and a part of his brain was recording every detail that would be told to his great grandchildren. Sir Meulan, the mighty knight that fought along the prince of Bourbon had savagely taken the life of the loch ness monster. It shall no longer be a myth but history that would be told to the generations to come!

As Zaqueo wounded another circular object attached to one of its tentacles, its eighth leg came gliding behind him and encased his body as a snake would. "NO!" Eleanor came screaming but before she could run, the prince threw his sword like he would a javelin and it hit one leg. Unfortunately, there were a lot more and one was smart enough to inflict damage on his face he would only forget after one lifetime.

-- --

Aiden was yet again frustrated that his highness was not found in his chambers. Such as his loyalty was deforming from the whole of Bourbon to just one Bourbon, he awakened his trusted cadets and forced them to embark on a mission to find the missing prince. As much as Lucas and Elise complained about the spoiled royal, they had no other choice but to follow orders as their captain paced back and forth and readied plans just in case things get out of hand. By dawn, if he still had not heard from the two, he would seek them out with a platoon of thirty.

"I am sure he is just drunk somewhere," "and refuses to travel under the rain in fear of ruining his fine fine boots." Much to their chagrin, they had to take their sleep for granted for this. And for knights, slumber was luxury for they only get to have a few hours of it per day. Galloping through the storm was a struggle and it took them quite a while before they happened to end up in a rocky cliff and noticed a troubled ship amidst the sea.

The two agreed that the seal of the transporter was theirs so they sought out a large boat. However, the ship seemed to be on its way back to the shore. Instead of just waiting, they tied their horses to the nearest of trees and paddled as fast as they could to reach Zaqueo. Once on board, they were welcomed by Karlton's silence who was disgruntled in manning the wheel. Elise hurried to him in attempts to assist whilst Lucas searched for the others in the cabin.

"Pell-mell... What happened here?" Sir Walsh's voice was only above a whisper when she found Eleanor crying over Zaqueo's unconscious body. There was a deep scar on his face and you could only recognize him by its left part. The right portion seemed to be on the verge of a dying reputation. The girl was kneeling and had her palms atop his majesty's chest, her sobbing was nonstop as if his life was taken away. Not even bothering to look at the knight, she continued to weep and all Lucas could say was-- "I will go get help." Within the minute, he disappeared.

Eleanor gaped at him and she had the images recorded in her mind. Before the monster could take its final blow, she managed to capture the prince's body and pulled him out of the way. With the help of Karl distracting it, she was successful in pulling Z into the cabin. Mysteriously, once the royal was out of sight, the gigantic beast withdrew. Tracing the wounds on his face, she decided to calm herself and do a little prayer.

Lucas and Elise emerged in the room. Instantly, the woman bellowed about the fallen dark haired man but the male knight was frozen on his spot. Wasn't there a pitched battle in Zaqueo's face a few minutes back? Right now, he found himself staring at the flawless face everyone in the kingdom familiarized. The horror was gone as if he was just touched by an angel. Then, his orbs crawled to the mysterious lady beside the prince as she peacefully explained what happened in their venture.

As if she felt there were peering eyes on her, Eleanor stared back at Lucas with the most obscure glare. The knight furrowed his eyebrows and refused to come closer.

-- --

Sir Aiden Cardonell was almost at his wits end when they arrived at the castle, all five of them. Lucas and Elise were rewarded for finding the prince and Karlton was punished for tolerating the young royal with mindless life gambles. Eleanor never left the prince's side until he awakened twenty hours later. The king rejoiced upon his son's return but it he was advised that he should not disturb him with duties and only closest of closest companions were allowed to visit.

Eleanor has told him stories about a beast, a beautiful girl, and an enchantress. Zaqueo was not very impressed upon the second repeat of the tale, he was more absorbed at the bangle that stayed in her wrist since their peril. "Who was that person again who gave this to you? Have you taken an interest on a suitor?" he was teasing in bad taste again, it only meant he was better already. "No," she answered, irritated that he had to cut in the middle of her book. "Then why has it not come off?" "It is none of your concern. Please discern what I am saying." The young royal rolled his eyes-- not another round of that inept Beauty and the Beast story.

What the lady was trying to imply was the enchantress and the rose but of course, it didn't look like he was going to understand it on time.

-- --

Come morning, Helenia, the palace's gardener, was frowning upon dead flowers. Eleanor has found her way to her side and took pity upon the dead plants. "Shame," she sympathized. "Why don't you heal it?" A masculine voice surprised the two females, causing one of them to flee with the broken pot. "That was unkind, Sir Lucas," she implored as she watched the ginger haired girl tensely leave the garden.

"I don't know what you are but I know what you did." The knight circled the girl so she would face him. And she did. "I have no clue on what you are talking abou-" "Of course, you do!" Taking a deep breath, the chin she held so high descended; her orbs gazed somewhere else. "It is none of your concern. You are just one of the many knights in Bourbon--" "but there is only one prince!?"

It was a surprise how easily he captured the unsaid words. Eleanor worried that she would soon have to uncover her mask when she wasn't even halfway done with her solitary mission. "On that night we found you, you weren't ravaged, were you!?" Theose big male hands covered her small shoulders and with a displeased look on his face, she shoved them off and attempted to walk away only that he was quick on putting her back in her place. "What are you doing in Bourbon!?"

Now she felt she was being accused as a trespasser. More so, a witch! For all he knew, she wasn't just trespassing, she was meddling in the affairs of man! "Don't think this is something I would easily disclose to you, my lord." And who was he anyway to have her owe him an explanation? Eleanor was here to clean up the prince's behavior. The moment she refused, she was banished from the clouds and she would only find her place back in the heavens once she completes her task. Something not so simple as so could not be shared with a soldier.

From afar, they happened to make the patterns of Zaqueo and Sebastian in a chuckling talkfest. Alongside it, a brand new sword was being handed to the prince and it looked like it was better than the last one. "Excuse me, Sir Lucas, I have an assignment to fulfill." After one smirk at his annoyed facial features, she briefly curtsied and skipped towards the prince.

Partying Pup

8,850 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Married 100
User Image

CRAZY NOTES: Dem feels.
FIRST SEEN HERE: --

Prince Zaqueo Aleck Bourbon has emerged in Aiden Cardonell's afternoon training with a fixed angle on his brow. If the commanding knight was vexed with their spoiled royal's intrusion, he didn't show it and even did a little bow to his presence. Not longer than five rolls of barrels, he explained his interruption-- find Eleanor. The little woman has been missing from the palace radar since breakfast and he desired her to be found... fast.

Meanwhile, the lady was trekking alone with just her boots to keep her feet from getting calloused. It was not like she was going to get tired anyway-- she didn't have human weaknesses. The previous evening, the prince brought her to a tavern that Diego recommended. After the male townsperson flirted with her, he latched onto the bartendress Mariah. With the free-flowing ale, the girl had to pretend tipsiness while feeding the royal and his friend mugs and mugs of liquid bread. This femme wanted him drunk... and suffer a hangover like no other because she needed the time away from him so she could look for someone. Since her borrowed body was not prone to intoxication, she had no trouble being successful.

Gaping up at the skies, she stared up at the sun that bore no threat to her welfare. Frowning at it, she was beginning to wonder if she was going to be succored with heavenly help. On second thought, why was she hoping on that-- the heavens hated Chase. The male took his exit upon free will, abandoning their Father and everyone else just for his selfish reasons-- he thrived for challenge. That was punishable and he was banished from the clouds with no potential reconsideration.

Perhaps her thoughts were on him that it was not a surprise that something happened when she arrived on a grassy cliff that overlooked the beauty of the capital. An oversized forest green dragon glided the skies and she immediately knew who it was. "Dear me, what have you turned into?" she whispered to herself, her palms clutched each other. As she was circled by the gigantic reptile, no fear appeared in her eyes but just sheer disappointment. Even when it skillfully landed a few feet in front of her, she didn't bother to take another step-- and this saddened the beast. There was no one in the world that he encountered that was not intimidated by him... maybe because she wasn't worldly.

There was silence and the hum of the breeze served as white noise in the background. The dragon stared down at her with its majestic orbs and she gaped back with her divine ones. "Maybe we can go back together..." That was hopeful of her, too hopeful that she sounded humane... and unstable. "How long have you been on earth that you have let yourself develop such mortal emotions, old friend?" The voice was only heard in her mind, the reptile does not speak a language.

A sigh escaped her lips. Even when he was cherubic, he has always been wiser. Not a time where he would need to go on and on about trivial things just to get to a point. One sentence was always enough. Enough to tell her what was wrong with everything and how great nothing was. Brilliant but cynical. "Long enough to understand why you would rather be here." A feminine hand reached out and automatically, his impeding form retraced itself back to the likeness and image of a god.

Chase caught her hand, not very gently but accurate to not let her effort go to waste. "It's done, Eleanor. Why are you here?" Their palms were joint but neither a mortal step was taken to get their bodies closer. Two old friends meeting again didn't go like this. This was more tormenting for they had nothing else but borrowed time and as far as immortals go, moments like this would be forever engraved in their memories. Even death was not an escape. "I have to--" "See me?" A pair of masculine lips grimaced, he was disgusted at her but he didn't let her go just yet.

"You do not go to earth and turn human, Eleanor! You bewilder the fools!" "I am not here to become human! Believe me, I was almost ostracized but I had a calling! Bourbon needs Zaqueo!" That was it, Chase had to let her go and he had to do it harshly. Mortal hopes, mortal missions for mortal governments! "FOOL!" Even if he had dismissed her with the level he thought was lesser than most, she didn't falter. Nothing of this sort could. "You're human! I loathe you!"

Wrong. This was wrong... in so many ways. Eleanor may have been granted with free will but coming to see him was maybe crossing the line. Everyone must turn their backs on the traitors. There was salvation for the humankind, even to the worst of them, but there was none for the ones who turned into demons, only eternal damnation. However, Chase was enjoying his alone time, it was paradise for him and he needed no gormless angel to come pity him for his decisions. By far, there was no Father, no heaven nor hell, just him, the woman he gave powers to that turned out to be a conniving sorceresses, and the little munters they toy around.

"How?" That was an empty question. Eleanor was losing him. Even decades ago, she felt that he left the realm but not her. Didn't she silently crave for the day she would see him again? Their Father knew, perhaps, that he chose her to watch over Zaqueo and test her faith at the same time. This was all confusing for she knew she belonged high above but she knew in her heart she cannot leave anymore after seeing him... like this. There was something in his self-proclaimed perfection that needed to be fixed though how could she when he mused that he was not broken, even better than when he was just one of the many cherubs. "Chase, I will stay with you!" she cried out desperately. "I forbid you." "We can return to the realm!" That was it. This conversation was going nowhere. Though he cannot say she was any different from decades back when they would walk barefooted, deliver messages together and maybe play a song or two. Apart from it all, it was him who changed and he was not going to go back because there was no place waiting for him aside from the throne he built for himself in this world. This was his now.

Shifting into his preferred dragon being, he opened his enormous wings and flapped them a few times, causing her entire figure almost blown out by the force. Nonetheless, no matter how much he damaged her system with his words, she still was not mortal and not some gargantuan reptile would weaken her. "Chase!" she was desperate. Humanity. How sickening. Once more, she reached out like she did before and he had placed the tip of his mouth for her. There was chemistry in there but it lacked promises for future hope, not even friendship. Just a polite farewell was all.

The humongous beast bellowed upon catching sight of a real human coming into terms in their area. "This thing bothering you!?" A knight appeared, his sword already unsheathed, his horse tied far away so it would not be harmed by this creature. This titanic lizard will be slayed by his blade. Even if Eleanor seemed uninjured, he should not let an immense threat continue living. One more prodigious roar from the dragon was heard and this one was closer to the warrior. After two flaps of his wings, he was gone.

Lucas rushed to Eleanor and gently gathered her hands in his. There was no question that came out of his mouth, only his eyes that searched for hers. For right now, she was blankly staring at nowhere before she tipped her toes and completely collected the man in her arms. Though tears were threatening to break out from her eyes, she fought them hard. Chase was right, she was human, and the warmth of this soldier should be useless but right now, it was comfort.

Partying Pup

8,850 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Married 100
User Image

CRAZY NOTES: This is turning out to be feelsy galore.
FIRST SEEN HERE: Moira

User Image
                                                      Aiden's pair of blue pools was astonished, his gasp inaudible. It was in the middle of the day, it was precisely noon. Though there was a bright sun in the sky, there was no hint of warmth-- especially from Elise. The captain had his map stretched atop a wooden table, all of his men had their eyes staring at it. Their focus was interrupted momentarily when their only female delivered a quip that immediately sent their leader to his uneasiness. It was already as if he could hear half of the soldiers whispering behind him, and more others saving the back-fence talk for later. Don't be fooled-- they could be warriors in ace armor but they most likely gossip like whores during laundry day.

What man would put up with a woman who was too smart for her own good? In the middle of their meeting, why would she correct him in such a way he would look nothing more but a blighter who steals mangy papers from the nobles? Maybe that was bad analogy but the point was Elise had no respect for him.

It was snowing rather bluntly. The mountains have turned white, the trees lost all their leaves and the land-- it was as if they were walking on the clouds.

-- --

"Are the clouds like this too? Cold, wet... and mad white!?" Lucas asked, his head a wee bowed, his gaze fixed on his boots that would sink in freezing semi-solid water with each step. The knight was appointed to assist Lady Moira in her charitable activity today. It wasn't just him, there was also Sir Karlton who was uncharacteristically enthusiastic about helping out; and of course, Eleanor, who volunteered to come with. Ever since she became Prince Zaqueo's sort-of-first-lady, she had been a new trustworthy face to the people, like an unofficial ambassador.

Eleanor sported a large maroon coat to protect her shoulders. Any degree of coldness wouldn't faze her in any way but she felt the need to dress for the part. Only Lucas knew why. "Partly yes." They seemed to have gotten closer ever since he found her on that cliff a few weeks back. Though she didn't prefer to disclose her agenda and identity to him, after being caught having an discreet talk with a dragon, she pretty much had no choice but to allow him into the loop.

Lady Moira was going from door to door, handing out baskets of fruits to the people living in small cabins. Following her closely was Sir Karlton. Sir Lucas and Eleanor have resulted in walking far behind and just examined the situation from afar. They have started to be like this since that 'day', like they had their own world to themselves. "I want to say I would take you there someday but I don't think I could." It had grown less weird to be openly honest to him. "Oh," and it had been oddly pleasant that he would react accordingly as if it was within the norms.

Eyeing a freezing child on their way, Eleanor had completely taken off her outerwear and wrapped it around the little boy. "Thank you, madame," he replied with a small smile. The lady patted his head before she paced back to the knight who waited without question. Now that she was wearing nothing more but a long tunic, people might wonder why she was not shivering.

-- --

The rest of the soldiers have gone towards the outskirts of Bourbon to see if there were any injured towns. The snow may not be that tyrannical but the safety of every family must be assured. This was the reason why Sir Aiden was spotted dining alone next to the fireplace. Only one companion remained in the premises [aside from those who were assigned to stay on guard], a female one, in fact. As she welcomed herself to a seat in front of him, she didn't miss out on the part where the man's brow reformed itself in an impolite angle. "You have been avoiding me all day..." Elise was surprised that she didn't sound as sassily as she planned.

"You didn't have to do that." Aiden's head lifted from his plate and gave her a two second glance. "Do what?" The sass was halfway back in her tone and he knew he was in for another game. If they weren't arguing, she would be toying him. "Forget it," he looked like a grown man who was butt hurt like a little boy. Elise just had to smile at that. It was amusing how she was lucky to see his vulnerable side, as if she wore the pants and he... nothing but a piece of cloth. "Lighten up, captain. I'll go easy on you next time." Sadly, that wasn't what he wanted to hear.

Elise took her first bite since she set her tray next to him. Giggling to herself, she came up with topics to converse about... only that he wasn't having it. The woman tried a bit more until she grew frustrated. Like she told Lucas, she didn't like it when the captain was hard headed. It was absolutely mind boggling whenever she wouldn't get her way. "Cap--" "A high-strung mare rarely understands the need for a rider." The new situation gave her as much pleasure as it did discomfort. Things like this often happened to them, and then they would fight about it. They weren't like Lucas and Eleanor who always assumed their parts were to listen to each other. Yes, he did notice that his knight had been spending too much time with the guest. And no, they were much like the opposite of them. A setting where two too proud people in one room didn't go very well.

The woman had taken herself to exit the room and wallow in a fresher aura through the back door. Even if the path to the stables was freezing, she would choose it over some grotty leader who presumed he knew her better than herself. Aiden didn't want to but he followed her nonetheless, forsaking the meals they have set out on the table. After plucking a torch out of the wall, he easily spotted her in a supposed darkened alley. "Not tonight, captain. I lost all my appetite in bickering," she turned on him without actually looking, letting anger replace longings she did not yet understand.

"Elise--" "You think you're so much better than me, don't you? That's why you never ask for my opinion in meetings. You would take the side of Lucas. Hell, even Karlton's but never mine!" Aiden had a feeling it would come to this one day. Even if she passed trainings better than most men, they all knew the discrimination wouldn't completely diminish even after she was rightfully dubbed by the king. "Elise, that's not true!" he quickened his pace, his boots practically echoing now. The captain had cornered her to not just a physical entrapment but also emotional. Gazing down at her eyes, the torch he held high loomed above them, giving them light and a partial of warmth. "I am as good as any of them, you know it. So why--" "Do you blame me, too, for you being born a female?" Aha. Guilty as charged. No blaming but just having the itch to embarrass him in front of the others so everyone wouldn't take her as lightly; and would see her as any worthy cavalier, not a woman under thin shining armor.

However, she was indeed a female, and he a man. And if he doesn't take his blue orbs away from her this second, she would-- "..." Aiden dropped the torch on the stone floor so he would have a healthy set of hands to imprison her jaws, and lips to arrest hers. The other heard a moan, such a soft, such a sweet moan, and never recognized it was her own. "You have taken advantage of my weakness," she pushed him a little, her palms stilled on his chest, her brows angry and puzzled at the same time. On the contrary, his facial expression was tranquil, maybe a bit hungry, but calm nonetheless. "No. You have," he had a small smile on his face, something that assured her and she felt herself mirroring the same emotion. Maybe, it was not so bad being the fairer gender after all.

-- --

A giggle rang in their silence and Lucas had to slowly turn his head to the left and catch Eleanor smirking at the vast darkened heavens. They positioned themselves high up in the tower because she wanted to get closer to the sky. The male cadet had wrapped himself in various layers of woolen clothing and all she had to wear was just the same tunic hours ago. The area they were currently in was bland, just a circular space with wide open windows. The walls didn't help much but to break a couple of breezes but the coldness multiplied since they were on higher grounds and it was hellishly freezing.

"What is it?" he asked, curious to what she was seeing. Eleanor faced him too and her emeralds described good news. "Elise is happy." Sir Walsh's brows wiggled a little-- the things he would always do whenever he was taken aback. "I can hear her prayers."

inmortis's Princess

Desirable Sex Symbol

First comment? Yay. It's really good and I can't wait for an update and more feels.

Partying Pup

8,850 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Married 100
User Image

CRAZY NOTES: This isn't a part of the medieval story. This is just, uh, something. Treat it like a hop on another parallel modern day universe.
This was inspired by Fuzzy Snickerdoodle's letter dated back in 1970.

It was almost as if Monaco never slept. Seated by her window seat, Eleanor stayed up all night doing practically nothing but just trying to get the shut-eye that never came. Two pairs of legs stretched above the cushion, her head hanged slightly backwards and her eyes dazed sideways, just watching the streetlights and the occasional passers-by. Dancing on her palm and thumb was a ring with a generous cut diamond. The lady had been going out with this gent for roughly ten months now and safe to say, she was utmost surprised when he got on his knee and proposed to her. It was perfect, she first thought, with the orange bulbs glowing under a tree below the nighttime sky, the cool breeze that ached her to just be wrapped within this man's arms. The next second, though, the magic disappeared because as soon as she said yes, Lucas appeared in her mind.

For five hours, she has been thinking nothing else but college. With this, her moral compass might not let her marry Raoul anymore. The lover was a gentleman and a close friend of her brother Eriq's. They somewhat grew up together that is if you don't consider the older males ditching the little one to play their no-girls-allowed games. It had been quite an astonishment when he confessed to her a year after she returned to her country, and quite in a good timing too. Perhaps Eriq pitched him in. For when she finally stopped crying at night, that's when Raoul stepped in-- when it seemed she has finally gotten over her one and only ex-boyfriend, the American.

Eleanor decided to finally do something about this not-very-welcomed insomnia. Stepping over to her bed, she sat properly and turned on her laptop. After slamming on a few keys, she finally began:

Dear Lucas,

It's been so long since we last talked and I am not really sure if you still preferred to hear from me. I just happened to find myself retracing old memories and thought it's more proper that you get the news from me directly. I want to wipe out any awkwardness and bitterness between us even if that sounded rather impossible. Still, I desired to save some part of us because among the faces of Chase, Dean, Sebastian, Zaqueo, I also want to see yours in my wedding.

There is no date yet but it won't be long until I send everyone the invitations.

I hope to hear from you soon.

All my love,
                                                      Eleanor

Maybe it took her thirteen, fourteen, sixteen minutes before she closed the window and opted against sending the email. The first sentence was wrong. It pertained how hurt she still was from their slow and painful break up. When they realized that a long distance relationship wasn't as perfect as being in college together, just practically lived ten minutes away from each other, having to stand on two separate countries seemed absurd. The wedding part of the letter didn't feel gratifying for her. It was placing a permanent mark that she was indeed going to marry Raoul and her emotions lately have proved otherwise. Lastly, the ending. The lady was flirting with fire, though it sounded polite, she knew she was giving him the hint that she still loved him and perhaps questioning the idea if there's still a chance to get back together.

With a grunt and a mental slap to herself, she shut her laptop down but not without booking a ticket to New York. If she's going to be crazy every night thinking about Lucas, why not the act itself? If she were to find him already with someone else, it would give her a peace of mind that she could go back home and marry the gent without him knowing that he had been a fallback guy, the rebound. Even if this sounded like a win-win situation, she could not fool herself that she would ever see the slightest hint of victory if Lucas were, indeed, engaged to another.

Partying Pup

8,850 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Married 100
User Image

CRAZY NOTES: This isn't a part of the medieval story. This is just, uh, something that was inspired by Fuzzy Snickerdoodle's reply.

The flight that she impulsively booked two weeks ago was rescheduled. How predictable was it that she was not ready to actually rebuild the bridge that was once burned with time? Time and time again she told herself that she needed to clear the air with her and Lucas so she spends most of her mornings packing only to take out all the clothes from her bags again the next evening because she decided against it at last minute-- again. The flight she has next was tomorrow and none of her things were ready because she assumed a big part of her would be overwhelmed again with the fear of the unknown-- if he would be happy to see her or if he was already with someone else. There were no answers for the questions she never had the courage to ask.

No one knew about the crazies going on inside her head-- perhaps only Raoul who would check on his fiancée time after time and would only dismiss the lunacy as pre-wedding jitters. Eleanor was an organized lady-- none of the font choices or flower options would make her go insane like most brides did. Then again, she took advantage of this and reasoned out with the rest of her family and friends that her latest spacing out were all about just that.

Women have gathered in a parlor. They were cake testing and the Grimaldi has brushed off the excitement with sheer disinterest and just lazed around while she coerced her bride's maids to do all the work. One secretary approached her after instructing her to print all the emails she received since yesterday because she didn't have the time to sit down and get on her laptop. One by one, they were all about the same classic congrats from high school friends in Monaco, a few modern American greetings from her sorority in college, some bills, and then there was a short one from... New York.

Dainty fingers frantically stretched out the paper, reading every word, hoping there's a sign of... something good. There was none and she had worked herself up in an unjust anger. "Who sent the invitations!?" she had her mails in one hand, her frustration on the other. "I went over the list twice! I didn't tell anyone to send Lucas Walsh an invitation!" Most of the ladies have left their tables and gathered around her. Who was she talking about? Is this about the American ex boyfriend? "Not only that he's uninvited but he said he also isn't coming!" "So, what's the problem, ma cherie?" The boy was not in the list, the boy isn't going to show up. The question lingered-- What's the problem?

Eleanor silently walked out on them and went home. A bath tub full of foam was all she needed and glad for once that she didn't pack and went to New York just to see him. Granted, she was soaked all night with a disgruntled face, the print out crumpled, floating on the water by her feet. Eriq has once or twice knocked on her bathroom door and she crossed with statements like she wasn't hungry like an eleven year old would. The grown man didn't like it when his sister was such a brat. So, he rolled his eyes, left her to her lonesome and prayed that the man she's going to marry would be more patient.

Unpredictably, the next day, she was on a plane with only an overnight bag. Well, her return date to Monaco wasn't until the next four days and by gods, she didn't care. Eleanor would go to a store, get a set of new apparels if she must, she just didn't have all the marbles and time to go raid her closet and match outfits just for New York. Hence after depositing her light luggage in the hotel room she also booked, her heels marched down to the streets and filled her nostrils with that American air she had almost forgotten. By the time some helpful men who didn't look like they would take advantage of a poor lost French tongue lassie instructed her to the right direction, she finally found herself standing in front of Walsh's secretary's desk. Being asked off of her name was easy but when she was inquired of her intention of visit, she was at loss. Dear lord, what was she doing here?

Eleanor waved a lace gloved hand. "Never mind. I'm in the wrong office."

Partying Pup

8,850 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Married 100
User Image

CRAZY NOTES: This isn't a part of the medieval story. This is just, uh, something that was inspired by the desire to write some feels!

Eriq couldn't believe his little sister was now twenty two and nearly twenty three. It felt just like yesterday that she was spying on his girlfriend and whispering slander about her in his ear. Too many times she had crumpled her eyebrows on sleazy Monegasque boys in high school who wanted her number; often, she would bring male study partners home and she would literally take out their books and start rambling about the Congress of Vienna in 1815. Not once did she consider them as anything more than just peers and anyone who would bring her chocolates and flowers would be served with the finest gratitude but not a second date. To her, Eriq Grimaldi was her boyfriend and there was simply no female in the world who could ever be up to par. Only when he graduated college and focused more on his career that the little girl lost hope that she would ever be noticed. The big house was amazingly boring without her brother in it-- no sneaky girlfriends to bite, no party crashers to throw out.

Who would ever believe that she came home from her university as happy as a clam and for once, it wasn't about the sibling love she had always been so jovial about. This time, the smile on her face was entitled Lucas Walsh. Eriq thought it was just a phase, his little sister having her first crush and then simply outgrowing it a few weeks later. Apparently, when she didn't show up in his new apartment, not once, to bug him about anything she could come up with, he surprised himself with the idea that she was really serious about this guy. Once a week, when he wasn't so occupied, he would visit his parents' house and check up on Eleanor only to find her nose stuck in her laptop, engaged in a seemingly endless conversation with an internet friend. Maybe twice or thrice he pried behind her before dragging her out to go party with him. It seemed he miscalculated everything because from what he knew, that's what she always wanted-- for her to be treated as his equal, not the child he needed to look after whenever they went out. When he thought he got her dancing on his palm, all he received was a horrid wave of her hand. The sister he grew up with was still a brat and he never thought he would see the day that he would say he didn't know her anymore.

Months passed and Eleanor seemed to have reconciled with her peers in Monaco. Eriq thought it helped the girl stepping out from her undeniably impervious relationship with her laptop that Dereq Grimaldi was asking her to take part in their yacht business because his one and only son refused to. Apparently, he was mistaken. One night, he overheard her talking on the phone and the truth came out-- she and this Lucas Walsh broke up-- and she was crying all night. Maybe once he tried to inquire about this American boy but when she didn't look like she was ready for chapter two of the birds and the bees, he never bothered again. Plus, he didn't feel he was the right man for it... or if there was a need to sort things out, actually. It was obvious that one of them has to move in order to continue what they started-- that is if distance was the only problem. Who could tell what that rigid boy was doing on the other side of the world!? And if he was as honest as Eleanor made him out to be, there's still no way Eriq would let his sister live in America for a boy her family hadn't seen yet.

For a few more weeks, her birthday came. Twenty three and counting, she was meant to encounter more heartaches as she would with more potential partners... or not!? Though Monte Carlo was very near in their homes, you could never get enough of this place! Midnight drinking and gambling, it's like Las Vegas is your next door neighbor! All her girls were out having a good time and Eriq's gang came along. Eleanor didn't need Mariah to have an alcoholic treat now, she just has to tap the counter and a glass of mojito will be on its way. The thing was rather heavier than most and five more glass fulls and she was already speaking in circles. A man-- fit and tall stature, curly hair, deep set eyes and a killer smile-- he was precisely dashing and the group of four ladies were looking at him while they nudged their birthday girl and fed in her ear "He's looking at you."

Eleanor instantly rolled her eyes at him and walked out. This rarely happened to him and it perhaps made him go for the extra effort in working himself in a fine inextinguishable courage to follow her through the maze of slot machines and inquire why she was so hostile to him. "Why the long face, mademoiselle?" The woman ended up by the counter, she was chasing after more drinks while he chased after her attention. "Go away," cold and short, she rudely dismissed his handsome face and the favoritism he had of her granting that out of the many felines in this bar, he chose her. Patiently, he composed his way around her until she finally agreed to let him buy her a drink. "Just one!" she exclaimed, her forefinger stood in between their faces, warning him that he cannot get any closer. This went on for hours and he was losing hope. To add to that, she has a brother somewhere in this establishment and he has to be extra sneaky if he wanted to take her home. Until the heavens pitied his efforts and they let Eleanor [she finally told him her name] pull out her mobile phone. Ooh, are they about to exchange numbers? That's cool too.

Unpredictably, she stretched out her arm and flashed the rectangular gadget at his eyes. When he expected to see a pair of digits, what he gathered was a photo. There she was-- look-alike face, look-alike body, but her eyes were slightly different and her smile very generous. It was a mystery why the sparkle in her emeralds disappeared and how her lips never curved the same. There was a boy grinning next to her and they looked so much in love. It made his cocky smirk dematerialize and he felt himself frowning at the image-- why he looked just like him. "That's not me, is it!?" Maybe he waited for two whole minutes before he managed to collect all his confidence and hilarity to wing his way into the situation. While all he aimed for was a one night stand, it seemed it was much different for her. "Unless you're American and back to your old childish ways, then no." The latter bit was filled with uncertainty. Did Lucas go back to his womanizing? Who knew? Hell, who could tell what he was doing? The boy never called anymore or emailed her or even wrote 'Hpy Brtday' on her Facebook wall. The love of her life vanished and he brought all the blame as well as the promises with him. "I don't even know what this photo holds or why it's still with me..."

After one exasperated sigh and a fake simper, she walked out on him and he never followed her anymore. Thank the moon it didn't take her too long to locate her friends and thank the stars that none of them has passed out. Eriq soon galloped into the area with a sour face, complaining how many euros he wasted on black jack. Instantly, he decided to just waste the rest of his cash on his little sister-- it's her twenty-third after all. Drinks were served and when she was asked for a birthday pleasure, she knew what to wish for. "Let's go to daddy's yacht and dance until the sun comes up!" --only because flying to New York and kissing Lucas was obviously impossible.

Partying Pup

8,850 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Married 100
User Image

CRAZY NOTES: Elucas!
Fuzzy Snickerdoodle
"Maria, cancel everything for today, I'm not feeling very well." His secretary cleared her throat and began to speak. "Mr. Walsh, there's a --" He looked up as she addressed him. He felt the need to pinch himself because standing in the foyer of his building was none other than Eleanor Grimaldi. Their time apart didn't seem to faze him in this moment because it was like they had never parted ways. "Eleanor?" He stepped forward hesitantly, only to stop a foot away from the french women. "Aren't you supposed to be preparing for a wedding? What are you doing in New York?"

"Ookay?" The secretary tried her best not to run her gaze through the Monegasque's face simply because staring was rude. Then again, wasn't there a hearsay about Senator Walsh having his own fair share of the French ladies? Hence slowly peaking, she thrived to know who this lady was. Eleanor was her name, she said. Oh, only if their boss wasn't so secretive! "If you want, I could squeeze you into his schedule later this evening." Oh dear, was she meddling in her employer's affairs? Wasn't he -sort of- dating someone already? "Miss?" Apparently, the woman standing in front of her zoned out. "Miss Eleanor?"

A small hand slowly ascended, gently telling the secretary to shut the ******** up. The lassie had her head turned sideways and her emeralds were watching someone walk out of the elevator and stride through the hallway. It was a woman in a -tighter- bun, her clothes too corporate, her heels not very high. The woman wasn't chic, rather she fitted to be someone beside a full-blooded politician. Eleanor's chest galloped wildly. There were wars only women knew and just by gaping across the room, she knew she was in the middle of it. When their gazes clashed, she felt her heart sink. "Oh dear..." "Pardon?" The fair femme finally tore her mindless battle with the stranger apart and swiveled her focus back on the secretary who was just giving her an opportunity to see Lucas. The tone she had was astonished and gloomy at the same time. "Senator Walsh pulled the DND. I am sorry. I don't think I can give you that appointment after all." The twenty four year old's mouth hanged open. The thump-thump inside sank again if it could get any deeper. Though there was no certainty if going through this formal date was the right thing to do, just it being out of reach was saddening. "No worries, maybe another time." Trying to cheer the other up was the best she could do whilst thinking this was a sign that she shouldn't be here at all.

"Eleanor?" The voice was too familiar that it scared her. Two women shot their eyes at him-- the first one was excited, as if seeing the climax of the movie up close, while the other was nervous, as if she was caught red handed. Eleanor took the time to look around, desiring to catch that stern female just now. Rien. It was likely that she has already left the building. "Aren't you supposed to be preparing for a wedding? What are you doing in New York?" Goodness, he didn't look too happy to see her...

[ Flashback: Four years ago ]

It was in the middle of their first semester being an item. They were content to share a few classes together but what turned out to be unpredictably tricky was Eleanor sharing a subject with Chase. There was a day when she was spotted exiting a room while merrily chatting it away with the athlete and the politician's son happened to be waiting for her just outside. "Lucas!" "Lucas." It was obvious that she was ecstatic to find her boyfriend standing there but apparently, his eyes was on the male. "What's wrong, Lucas?" "Yeah, Lucas. What's wrong?" Chase's tone was confident and sarcastic. It thrilled him to be a part of this scene as if he knew where to be and just what to say. The script was going smoothly. The awkward air was only blown out when the couple began to stride down the corridor, leaving a smirking jock watching over their retreat.

Dinner was very boring. As much as the lady tried her best to be chirpy, Lucas wasn't having it. Even so, they still rode back to his frat house together. When they thought the living room was free, they were mistaken. Seated next to each other was easy but being engrossed in the show on the television wasn't. Veritably, Zaqueo was there, practicing his guitar skills. The boy had a mean voice but his instrument know-how was hellishly bad. "This one's for Arianna," he said, "I'm trying to make her forgive me for not picking her up last night." Man, who cares what his business was!? Turns out Eleanor wasn't the only one irritated with his low priced serenade because a minute later, her boyfriend demanded that he bugger off. "Lucas, you can't shoo me away! I am prince!" he had his hand stretched out, his forefinger pointing the far end of the living room. After one cocky giggle, his highness left but not without waving his guitar in front of their faces. For a boy who grew up with the best etiquette teachers, he sure didn't learn anything much.

When they thought they were alone at last and Eleanor had tried to crawl her way back into his good graces, the menacing twins, Karlton and Marcos came tumbling in, sparring and wrestling until one of them winds up in the hospital. "You want to go to my place instead?" she asked with a disgusted frown while watching the two brutes break a couple of vases. As if Lucas wasn't upset about anything, he gave her a sweet nod and took her hand. Soon, they were at the Sigma Alpha Epsilon, particularly inside her room. Well, maybe they still didn't talk much because the boy seemed to have desired to continue the TV show Zaqueo sabotaged earlier and the girl resulted in gathering her art materials and commence that painting she has been working on.

"Lucas, what do you think?" she inquired excitedly an hour later. "It's great, hun." The answer, she thought, was too simple and the tone he had didn't match the words he used. Finally swiveling her head around, she caught sight of him already stripped from his clothes and only left with his boxers on. The television was still on but his eyelids weren't. Merde, why wasn't she surprised!? The miss could have sworn he didn't even gaze at her artwork and just spoke in laziness. "Ugh," after she turned off the only source of noise in the room, she paced back to her stool and continued to paint. One more hour before she heard herself letting a squeal escape her lips. The boy had risen from the mattress and squeezed himself behind her. "Thatlooksterrific. Now go to bed." That was rather insulting... You don't give compliments just so she would shut up! Eleanor aimed to literally bite his cheek or his ear-- whatever she was able to reach only he had snatched her paint brush away, tossed it somewhere and dragged her to bed like she was a mere sack of rice.

Kicking her feet in the air, she was losing to his strength as she was being pinned down on the sheets without mercy. "Non non non non!" she rambled on but he only laughed at her and refused to set her free. Turning off the bedside lamps, he was sure to trap her under his arms until she falls asleep right there. "You're such a jerk," she muttered childishly under her breath before she snaked her hand around his waist and pinched his booty. "Ow!" The sound of pain was music to her ears. After one soft giggle, she buried her face in his bare chest and listened to his heart beat until she floated off to dream land.

[ End of Flashback ]

"Vera Wang!" Eleanor really didn't want to talk about the wedding or anything related. Though she would consider to answer his second question, the tension built up inside her caused her to blurt out the first things that came to her mind. "I am in New York to gaze through the many dresses of Vera." Well, if that were true, she could have just went to Paris which was closer and a better decision. Then again, he wouldn't know that nor the difference-- he was a boy and what did the likes of them know about designer gowns?

The diamond ring was tucked inside her purse-- a reason why she wore gloves today-- to silence her guilt for not wanting to wear it. Standing there with her shoes together, her hands neatly clutching her purse and her hair in her trademark girly but slightly messy bun. They looked they only aged a bit and their gazes entailed palatable history. Now breathing properly, she composed herself not to act so poorly anymore. "I received your email and since I'm in the city, I thought we could talk about it over dinner or..." if he wasn't interested in pre-nuptial topics, they could converse about anything he wanted. This wasn't the time, she thought, to hold up so much pride because she knew she wouldn't be able to get another chance like this. More so, when it came to him, she didn't let anything get in their way, she has always wanted him and she was acquainted to it too well.

It turned out that luck hung sunny on her because he was willing to share a couple of hours with someone from college, all be it that that someone was an ex-girlfriend. The lady wasn't sure for how long he planned to stay and chat with her but she would settle for any borrowed time just as long as it was with him. It's true what they say-- it was a city that never sleeps. The passer's-by bump on her shoulder signaled a rough path ahead so she quickened her pace to match his longer strides and took hold of the hand that stood as her refuge since 'that fateful day'. Well, didn't this scene look all too familiar?

Eleanor controlled herself not to stare at his face too much. The brunette occupied herself with the menu in front of her, possibly hummed a few tunes while she grazed her eyes through the list of meals. Who knew what changed during their two years apart? The last thing she wanted was for their last evening together be a disaster. "Senator Walsh," she handed the waiter the booklet with a smile before she slowly rested her elbows atop the table and placed her chin atop the back of her intertwined fingers. "I hope you found your calling." Didn't they always dream of going after what they desired? Didn't he say he didn't want to go through the path laid out for him? What is he doing in the government then? The Grimaldi could only wish that he had an epiphany that this was what he wanted all along because it would pain her to know that he wasn't happy in his current standing.

And all the feelings that I thought were gone came rushing back to me at once.
                                                      Tried to smile and hide the way I felt but I was thinking to myself.

(Truth is) I never got over you
                                                      (Truth is) Wish I was standing in her shoes
                                                      (Truth is) I never should have let you go
                                                      (Truth is) And it's killing me cuz now I know
                                                      (Truth is) And when it's all said and done
                                                      Guess I’m still in love with you

Partying Pup

8,850 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Married 100
User Image

CRAZY NOTES: Christopher Lucas Walsh belongs to Fuzzy Snickerdoodle.

User Image
                                                      It was meant to be the last day of the heavens' cries. So was Eleanor's. "It isn't like I'm going anywhere else. Eleanor, stop weeping, s'il vous plait." Lucas can pretty much say 'please' in French now-- a custom he picked up from his girlfriend, a mannerism he was sometimes joshed with by the rest of the Frat guys in the house. It earned him the nickname 'Pierre', a common French name for boys, like 'Joe' for Americans. When he asked why Zaqueo can't be called 'Alejandro' for speaking Spanish all the time, the prince reasoned that he was born and bred in Madrid so he should be spared; that, and he didn't fancy Lady Gaga. It made sense and it was unfair at the same time. Nonetheless, he just gave it a small wave and walked it off. Everyone knows the Spaniard was childish and it would be worse to stoop down to his jejune antics. Kid stuff.

Dean, Lucas, Zaqueo, Arianna and Odette wished for tomorrow to be sunny. It was the end of their senior year and the five looked forward to a 'dry' and sparkling graduation day. Eleanor adored celebrations but not once before did she abhor this one so much. "But you're going back to New York!" she screamed. Lucas hoped that the last months of the semester would be fun but unfortunately for him, it turned out to be a mind-wrecking battle of juggling his pile of coursework, final examinations, clearances and a seemingly endless war against his girlfriend who always brought up that he was leaving. By the second clash, he told her he would be around West Lafayette so they could stay close. Apparently, it wasn't enough, she was still highly doubtful, highly insecure and highly crybaby-esque. Miss Sweet, Pure and Poised Grimaldi may seem to be the classiest woman in Levin Coda but behind the curtains, she was a spoiled brat and him, and only him, saw this side of her. Sometimes, he even wondered if he should add 'Extremely patient' under Qualities in his résumé with a follow up 'I have a temperamental person for a girlfriend' to back it up. No one else knew of this because she looked like the nicer one in in the eyes of many, no one understood him, he believed he deserved a medal. If he were to be interrogated about his senior year, he may as well describe how it as an unlimited stream of energy-draining combats.

"Just... two days?" Eleanor turned away from the bathroom door as her hand was already wrapped around the knob. Dressed in one of his long sleeved button-downs, they just made love for the hundredth time-- beginning from the first one a few days after they called themselves official more than a year ago. Brows raised, emerald eyes astonished amidst the dimness of his bedroom, she was repeating inside her brain what he just said-- Mister and Missis Walsh were coming to Levin Coda, of course, for his graduation and after that, he'd be going home with them. After forty eight hours, he would be back in West Lafayette-- if not for her, she was clueless of why else... unless... "You passed the entrance test!" she exclaimed, her voice's pitch bouncing from wall to wall, her excitement wasn't able to contain itself inside her mouth. "You're going to Grad School here in Levin Coda!" "Yes, ma'am!" Dashing from her spot and towards the bed, she jumped on Lucas and threw her arms around his bare and toned shoulders. It was unlikely for him to want to 'study some more' but he had taken the decision of pursuing higher education. For him to be sticking around, it was an answered prayer.

As soon as she released him, a wide grin decorated his lips and the back of his fingers caressed her cheek. "When I told you I wasn't going to be the worst thing that happened to you, I wasn't kidding." Oh, not once did she think that he was or even close to that. Withal, she was wholly grateful that he set himself aside from the typical disappointing boyfriends of the world. If Cosmopolitan had an issue that said womanizers can't change and they will never settle down, it would be clear that they had not met Lucas Walsh yet. And he was taken-- taken by Eleanor Grimaldi, the luckiest gal on earth.

--

There was no need to search for a decent dress in her closet because she didn't fashion herself as a slut anyway. Anything in there would do so it was not a problem but what was was her mobile phone that had beeped twice within the past thirty minutes. Eleanor smiled apologetically when her gadget inside her purse made yet another noise. Lucas shot her a 'turn that thing off' glare and reached for her skirt under the table, slid it up a bit and pinched the side of her thigh. It hurt! Still, she managed to keep a poker face and continued to express tenderness throughout the table but not without discreetly slapping his hand in return.

Dinner with Senator Walsh and his wife was crucial. It was their second time meeting and the first one included the awkward time where Christopher showed up in Pi Kappa unexpectedly and Lucas was drunk, resulting him to teach his girlfriend the ways of doing keg stands. Vexing for him, hilarious for the rest of the Frat boys. 'Don't let your girlfriend do a headstand atop a barrel. It's impolite.' Though the femme was a little tipsy at the time, she still committed his old man's words to memory and it had been included in her many expressions-- 'Never fail to answer my calls. It's impolite.' 'Don't make a girl wait for too long. It's impolite.' It was like a package sent from heaven, she had fun bullying her boyfriend.

"Is there a problem, son?" They just got off from the embarrassing topic of the tale of blonde bimbo being found dead after her most recent dispute with the Monegasque and how a Senator had to bail her out just because she was his son's chick. Now, though, they hoped they weren't heading towards the lecture where he would say 'Don't keep your phone beeping or frolic under the table during formal dinners. It's impolite.' Actually, the cause was Elise... and all the other girls. They have been trying to reach Eleanor ever since they arrived at the party, demanding her to stop whatever she was doing and just get her a** in there. Apparently, the couple can't just flee a politician's desire to eat a fancy meal with his son and his girlfriend. The only right the two had was to hang on until it's over.

Eleanor seemed to have made the cut. Since her 'Grimaldi Status' wasn't that close to the throne, it just meant she was not required to stay in Monaco until the day of her death bed. If she were, it could be a greater problem than a bunch of sorority girls bugging her to get her party freak on. The senator can't have his son following her all the way to her country because New York was the place where he belonged, nowhere else. They weren't a political family for nothing and not one college girlfriend with a French accent would break the undying streak of successors of the Walshes. Should their university romance survive the separation anxiety after graduation, the least she could do for them, in his opinion, was give the Walshes a legit grandchild. Preferably, a boy-- because the surname 'Walsh' has a fine ring to it.

--

Where do birds take shelter when it's raining heavily? Easy. In Pi Kappa Alpha! It was one hell of a party. There were tons of people on the front lawn, a projector shooting wide images of the senior Pikes since their freshman year upon a blank tarpaulin atop the roof, spectrum lights in the living room, a huge cauldron of extremely alcoholic punch in the backyard. The entire house was jammed with students and one could barely make it through the dancing crowd. It was a relief that the senator booked a hotel room far enough from campus because there was no way that none of the nearby residences would file a noise complaint.

"Everyone! May I have your attention, por favor!" Zaqueo had his white teeth gleaming under the roaming laser lights in the backyard. There was approximately fifteen people around the cauldron, each of them holding a medieval looking goblet. "Does this look real to you?" Karlton whispered to Moira as he grazed his nose around the gold and sapphire embellishments. "Shut up," she hissed back. The things in their hands were the prince's departure gift for them. While the king and queen would tour a few states in the country, he would be staying on campus until all of them flies back to Spain together. "Now, dip your chalice in this colossal basin." All of them did so, as if they were fetching water from a river with a cup. Gaping around, he nodded and grinned at the familiar faces that he had grown close to. It was the time of year when the school year ends and it was very hard for him to say goodbye.

"As you all know, earlier today was our Graduation Day." At that, Dean, Lucas, Arianna, Odette and Elise cheered in unison while the rest tried to clap their hands for them. "As much as I would have loved to prolong my stay, I can't really hold any of my subjects off just to extend an extra semester. This makes me a little bit, but just a little bit, envious of Lucas right here." All eyes were on him now. Eleanor, who was standing next to him, beamed widely at his face as if to push him to announce the good news. "I got accepted into Grad School," he said simply and everyone expressed excitement except for Dean who rambled on-- "Why didn't I know this!? You mean I am going back to New York alone!? Dude, what the hell!?" Well, Dean wasn't one to enjoy academics much anyway and everyone knew he just went to Levin Coda for the college experience so it was not a surprise that his own best friend didn't invite him to take the test with him.

"Hush!" Zaqueo barked at Dean who scowled in his spot. "Now, back to me." A couple of silent snickering erupted before he moved along. "I guess this isn't the last time you would be seeing me... since... you know... I am an icon and I would most likely be shown on television--" "for letting his country go down the drain! OW!" An impact swung at the back of Karl's head just at the moment he interrupted the prince, in care of Arianna. "Thanks, darling, he needs more of that." A forefinger delicately pointed the blonde woman, a generous smile directed at her way. At that, she mouthed a silent 'you're welcome' and the Bourbon stud continued with his speech. "The goblets are my tokens of appreciation to all of my friends," he raised his mixed brandy, rum and vodka, all in one punch to Dean and Lucas, "to our novias," then to Arianna, Eleanor and the rest of the females present around that cauldron, "and to everyone else! Cheers!" The royal may be returning to his palace soon but he sure knows that he will be a Pike for life. Everyone raised their holy grails and downed it at the same moment. The time has come when they realized how fast those years have gone.

Hours later, when Lucas and Eleanor talked more of their plans for their summer break, the Monegasque wasn't able to hide how excited she truly was that she was going to just wait for her boyfriend for two days, like any other weekend, to get back to West Lafayette, Indiana, and from then on, their sunny adventures shall begin! To celebrate, the politician's son enthused a classy game of beer pong but "Strictly for invited players only." Walsh's forefinger was harshly poking Diego's chest because "The last time wasn't funny, man. You're not getting her again." Though the older Spaniard who was now an alumnus, was already dating someone else, he still had a good laugh with that memory. What did he call himself again? Aah. Conquistador. Whatever.

"Don't hurt yourself, dear!" Lucas called out from his end of the table, provoking his little girl which she deemed as cheating. Eleanor can't aim when she's angry... or drunk. It all ended with everyone happy and him claiming his prize. Climbing through the last staircase of the Pi Kappa house was him with a girl slumped across one of his shoulders. It was soon followed by the locking of his bedroom and her pulling on his necktie that he was required to wear for the fancy dinner with his parents. Aah. More kisses and much more kisses. Soon, the giggles, the tickles, the undressing and more giggles.

With the influence of alcohol or not, sex was always full of enchantment, kibitzing under the blankets then passing out in each others' arms. It was foolish to wish for things to never change but it was suicidal not to hope for it even for a bit. They have been so attached to each other that no person can even imagine one without the other.

--

The next morning was meant to be sabotaged by hangovers but the Pi Kappas had been throwing parties since 1900 so every Pike [and his girlfriend] was already used to such headaches that there won't be a banquet hard enough that it had to take them two weeks to recover. To sum it all up, Lucas and Eleanor joined the senator and his wife again for yet another brunch and to pretend that they weren't nursing willies was cake walk. Exercising good manners was child's play, eating with a fork and a knife and chewing a piece of a croissant with ace etiquette was simple as ABC, just don't ask anything about accountancy or statistics is all. After they survived their third date with the political family, they were spotted driving back to Pi Kappa because a certain curly haired top needed to finish packing.

Walsh's closet was already emptied out in view of him paving way for new Pikes to use his room. Even if he planned to be a Grad School student in Levin Coda, the Frat house was only meant for freshmen through senior students-- it's tradition. Plus, with new pledges being recruited next semester, they would be relying on taking over the chambers that the older ones will be leaving behind-- it's a cycle. No less, it was easy to find an apartment across campus anyway. The boy can even invite his girlfriend to lodge with him if she would be comfortable enough not to reside in the Sigma Alpha Epsilon house during her senior year.

Eleanor was arranging his set of neckties-- ones that originally belonged to him, ones that she bought for him and the rest that didn't matter were thrown to the pile of garbage, a.k.a. the presents from other girls. "Is there anything else I've missed?" he asked, his back turned on her while he pressed down his clothes in his large suitcase. "It's funny how we didn't mention Grad School to Dean. Do you think he will stay angry at you?" Well, it wasn't like the rich guy was his boyfriend or lover so... "I don't think so. Plus, Grad School isn't his thing anyway." Lucas finished his sentence the way he did his luggage-- with an added force at the end and then he was done.

There were some of his possessions left in his drawers but she was assigned to clean them out tomorrow and keep them safe until he finds a new place in town and she will just bring them there. "Is it yours?" she questioned silently. "Mm," he shrugged his shoulders while pulling his bag off of his bed and making it land on the floor. "I just want to stick around for my girl." There was confidence in his voice but by the time he turned around to look at her, he was faced with a heated set of eyes and a frown-- not the type of reaction he was expecting. "What's wrong? I'll be back soo-" "I'm proud of you that you got into Levin Coda Grad School. Oh look, you got into Princeton too." As Eleanor was organizing his things, she found a letter from Princeton University, congratulating Lucas Walsh for passing their entrance exam.

A pair of angled shaped eyebrows tensed momentarily, his orbs froze a bit and his lips parted in worry. Lucas was hoping she wouldn't find that but the intangible hangover totally made him forget about burning that envelope-- something he should have done when he decided to stay close to her during her final year in college. "I take it that you never planned on speaking with me about this." "Look. There's no telling if I am hellishly smart for getting into Princeton because all I had to do was sit there, doodle on some multiple choices, blab on essays and the rest was father doing all the talking for me." That may be the advantage of belonging in a noteworthy family but there are some disadvantages too-- like when your girlfriend doesn't see your reason fit.

Two letters were on her left hand, one from Levin Coda, the university that adhered their undying memories, and one from Princeton, a university that promised its students that they could do whatever the hell they want to do in life because it belonged to one of America's prized possessions-- the holy trinity-- Harvard, Princeton and Yale. "How could you turn down an Ivy League for some chick, Lucas!?" Should her heart flutter with gratitude, she may celebrate with guilt as side dish. "I would, Eleanor, if that some chick is you!" How was this turning to be a fight, he wondered. True, he did a long list of bad and good things that weren't up to par with her royal taste, but if he deserved her shrill demanding voice, of all things, not because of this. Choosing her guarded many attributes and one of it was it being highly romantic. This isn't a valid ground to start a war.

"Isn't this what you wanted?" he asked, his voice was stripped off from any hints that he was going to yell at her for being a spoiled princess. An abrupt realization came tumbling down her spine, her cheeks paling and her eyes welling up. It's true that she asked him over and over to stay around. There were so many days that she just bitched about them having sets of eminently different schedules which would result to their time together from 'scarcely' then spiraling downhill to 'never'. It was a nightmare that both of them didn't want to endure but he was stronger and more mature to accept this, or if he wasn't, he was better at being discreet about his woes while Eleanor wept about it day in, day out.

That aside, he was not even originally inclined to higher education anyway. This was Christopher's bidding and he was coerced to comply unless he desired to lose his trust fund that was worth millions. The best he came up with was to go to the same campus where he met her. Lucas thought he was just trying to make everyone around him happy but nothing he had done was ever enough. When he lands on New York a few hours from now, he knew he was going to be lectured for not going after Princeton so his girlfriend telling him that he made the wrong decision was just adding to his temper. Eleanor took a few steps closer to him and handed him the letters with his name on it. "I will see you in two days," she uttered quietly before turning around and leaving through the door.

--

Those two days dragged on forever. Lucas has left her nine messages on her phone but she didn't respond to any of them. Not even their prized and traditional 'Good morning' was enough to take her guilt away from her. Once more, she was disconnected from the world but all her alone time made her think back on all the useless fights she had with her boyfriend. When he comes back, she plans to come clean. Though it's awfully late to take all the blame, she pondered upon the saying 'Better late than never.'

Eleanor cleaned out the rest of his objects in his chamber like she promised, neatly packed them in nice boxes and kept them in her place. New Jersey was far from Indiana but if she really believed that Lucas deserved to go to Princeton, she would take a chance on missing out on him on her final year in college. It was time to be selfless, she had been quite the opposite throughout their relationship. Hence, upon his return, they had one of their usual fancy dates and there she told him that he was a man with a lot of potential and an Ivy League would harness that proficiency and also be a fine addition in his curriculum vitae. Though he desired to prove that a short distance relationship was what he truly wanted because Princeton would not compensate for missing his girl everyday, she just countered it with "Besides, I am going back to Monaco after my senior year anyway..."

Lucas was bummed. Hell bummed. Didn't she ever consider that choosing her didn't have anything to do with Levin Coda versus Princeton? The problem was she wasn't just some girl. At least, not to him.

I was naive not to let you go when the time was right
                                                      I was a fool living in a dream that I thought could last
                                                      But I know that you will try to prove me wrong
                                                      But it's what I've got to do

Partying Pup

8,850 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Married 100
User Image

CRAZY NOTES: Christopher Lucas Walsh belongs to Fuzzy Snickerdoodle.

User Image
                                                      Together. They were always together. "No offense, Eleanor, but don't you think it's kind of too late to be second guessing... all these?" All of a sudden she didn't want him to stay in Levin Coda anymore. How did one letter from Princeton change her mind? All semester long, she has been so worried that they were going separate ways and when things started to look up, she was bailing. And for what? Because he had 'potential'? Because it was 'Princeton'? "I shouldn't hold you back." That was her reason but he didn't see the point. They were walking on two sides of the same street.

--

Sigma Alpha Epsilon didn't expect it but Lucas went after Princeton University. No one wanted it but Eleanor who seemed to have eaten all the cereals, munched on the crackers and cried in bed for three days straight. There were no signs of a break up but it looked like separation anxiety was written all over her forehead. Mister hot shot boyfriend still called daily but anyone can tell it wasn't like how it used to be. The sisters actually had to take on a different measure-- by dragging her out there to replenish her mojo.

Kappa Tau Gamma was a fraternity that didn't care much about high grades and all they needed was to maintain a certain GPA so they could continue using their house as a constant party place. And it never partied as hard as anywhere else. Once when this boy group was partnered with the SAE for a baseball tournament, one of the taller males took a liking on the French speaking girl. Whatever Charles or famously known as 'Beaver', short for 'The Beaver' lacked in the brain department, he made it up for it in height. Six foot five, he seemed to be the type to step on Eleanor without him knowing.

Charming and silly, he really didn't know how to ask a girl on a date. When he planned on it, he ended up giving the Monegasque a macaroni necklace that he made himself and even took pride on the fact that he cooked it. Eleanor just chuckled at it. Hey, it wasn't like she was developing a crush on him because Lucas had set the bar too high, but it was nice to see someone getting a laugh out of her. Maybe they went out once on a date 'as friends' but with 'beer' on a Monday night when she decided Biochemistry can just suck it. The conversation between them didn't flourish much because Beaver lost her when he disclosed that he didn't know what 'cliché' meant. Withal, no harm, no foul, it wasn't as if she would cheat on the Grad School student attending an Ivy League in New Jersey for a tall boy whose best achievement was purchasing premium beer keg because it was 'classy'.

College, Fraternities, Sororities. Even if they say the brotherhood and sisterhood is for all eternity, these things won't last forever. Once you walk out of the campus, set your priorities on new heights, settle down, get married then go back-- it's never going to be the same. Time passes, people grow up, you can only enjoy being a juvenile twenty-something while you're there. Eleanor pondered upon this while she sat atop the roof of Alpha Epsilon whilst gazing at the stars. Beaver eventually found her and managed a way to join her even if there was a new implemented rule that the male species were only allowed to stay on the first level of the house. The two of them, a chirpy little lady that struggled to find her independence without her boyfriend, and a jock boy that thought crickets were demanding and outspoken [care of Jiminy Cricket], sat together as friends and agreed and disagreed on how life should turn out after graduation. No matter, truth was, it sucked to be left behind.

--

There was a weekend where Eleanor was invited by her boyfriend to meet up in New York. Since it was her first time going there, he affirmed to pop up earlier than her time of arrival so by the time she lands in the state, he would be there waiting for her. They were only going to be together for two nights so they promised to make this a very fun one. Touring the home he grew up in was spectacular. It was a privilege to see the makings of Lucas and to hear the stories of his upbringing. To add to that, she learned more of the burdens and responsibilities of being a politician's son.

See it wasn't a big of a problem to fall for the boy. All she had to know back then was that she wished for no other guy to be with than him. As they lapped a year, she realized more of what's at stake. Though she's still in college and him in Grad School, they weren't going to be like this forever. Someday, he's going to have to face decisions and she's returning to her homeland. It was easier back then to say that they will find a way to make things work, now that they were facing the challenges, it turned out that it was much complicated than they had calculated. The supposedly fun weekend wasn't at all flash and sass. It turned out to be a reality check.

Lucas has a great opportunity to take on politics and be the next senator. With his father's forged influence, it wouldn't be hard for the Americans to vote for his son as well, plus the loyalists. And honestly, Eleanor would rather be back in Monaco where her family was. Since Eriq wasn't giving hints that he would hop on the yacht industry, who other offspring of Dereq would catch the business than his daughter? The world was separating them and they knew it. "Anyway, do you have room for desert?" he asked as they finished their meals and their disheartening conversation. Even if they loved each other and that was worth fighting for, some things just stopped working. "Indeed, I do," she answered with a small smile. As soon as they accepted it, the fighting diminished.

By the designated hour for her to jump back on the plane to Indiana, she apologized for ruining his senior year. There were a lot of fights that wasted their days and they should have just cherished it while they still can. Though they were still standing in front of each other, it was also obvious that things weren't the same. The end of the road was approaching fast. So, Lucas kissed her goodbye and promised to stay in touch. Eleanor nodded and said she loved him but they both knew that this may be the last date they were getting.

Sigma Alpha Epsilon was hosting yet another 80s party when she returned. The mixer they were in wasn't with the best fraternity on campus-- Pi Kappa Alpha. Rather, they were with Kappa Tau Gamma-- the other boy group. See, even SAE was moving on. As she was helped by Beaver with her luggage, once they were in her bedroom, he asked how her visit in NYC went. "We toured the city and we ate everywhere. And then I finally woke up." By this, the dumb jock exclaimed something that went along the lines of getting out of the bed after bumping uglies. When she reminded him of their latest conversations regarding being left behind, she added in that it was her all along that needed to face reality.

Some relationships were not meant to last. "No. I think I can find a movie that will be the answer to your problem!" Oh, she wished it would be resolved with just a chick flick-- that someone out there had figured it out and shared his gift and knowledge. Apparently, Lucas and Eleanor were not built to stay together. They worked in college and she didn't think they were going to work anywhere else.

I think you're mistaken, I'm sorry to say
                                                      I'm really just a loser who's getting in your way
                                                      I think you've forgotten all of your plans
                                                      See you're never meant to be here and I think you should know:
                                                      You're better off alone

Partying Pup

8,850 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Married 100
User Image

There’s about a thousand lines running through my mind, written in a book, quoted from an article or said out loud by an actor on telly. All of them fits this situation yet none really does.

“Henry Miller said the best way to get over a woman is to turn her into literature.” – McKenzie, 500 Days of Summer

Figures the existence of this piece.

We sat there at a table outside the most famous fast food diner since the early 40s. He looked good and smelled nice like always, only his eyes were stained with poignancy. Clever, passionate and willing to work for something real… I mean, he was the perfect choice.

Since the rise of romantic movies hitting the cinemas week after week, above the sea of melted ‘awws’ over the sweet happy endings, I’ve been one of those few who thought Allie did not make the keenest decision.

I had rooted for the ‘perfect’ one. Obviously, it was Lon Hammond.

Not only because he was charismatic, was handsome and filthy rich, but he truly loved Allie. He had asked her to marry him after he had taken her parents’ approval. Easily, of course, he was ‘perfect’.

Noah was cool, too. You don’t pass by a hottie in a beard who would build your dream house… singlehandedly. Nonetheless, my vote was solely for Lon.

And yet, here in my own situation, I have found myself retracing my footsteps to the one I’ve loved first. He was no Noah and definitely not a Lon. He was just some guy I’ve been with for years, nothing more.

So, there I was, fingers clutched around a cheeseburger, knowing that it wasn’t the calories that I was contemplating about but the whyfor of my idiocy why I would go back to someone who had failed me over and over in exchange for this new person seated across me, ready to make everything right and fix every broken piece in me.

Instead of choosing the newfound strength I found him, I folded into the weakness I’ve always had. I wasn’t a damsel in distress, I said. I was a cold queen, I said. I wouldn’t know what a good thing is even if it’s right under my nose.

Over the years I have been patterned into something that coordinated the partner I’ve always known. If I were to be matched with something else, it would not be a very comfortable fit. Why I constantly make mistakes was due to my lack of experience in the environment his persona brings… and I am far from ready for that.

I watch him avoid my eyes. Though I am not very good at feeling others’ emotions, it does not take a genius to summarize that it was desolation he was going through. I felt guilty. We were both in pain. However, I did not deserve him.

After all, he was ‘perfect’. And I wasn’t.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff