Dangerous Sex Symbol

9,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Hellraiser 500
Acceptance.
Acceptance is what this generation lacks, yet everyone still turns their backs on the children that scream for it, cry for it, put their lives on the line for it, because the way we see it... if they don't fit in... so be it. If no one has already taken them in, if they're picked last for teams in gym... it's because they can't win. It's because they're not the best, because we compare them to the rest;

Judging girls by the size of their breast, their reputation in bed, or how they dress;

Grouping guys by the scores on their test, the jersey they wear, or if they go to beer fest...

See we criticize everyone we meet, from the hair on their head, to the toes on their feet. We pick out the small things, feed on the power that it brings, the sense of superiority, of being above them... when in reality... we're among them.

You are beautiful, no matter what they say. Words can't bring you down.
But they can, and they do.

Ladies, every morning we wake up, we pile on that make-up, and if you're anything like me, you wear enough so no one will see who you really are, but don't want to be. We put on these masks to hide the real us... to hide that secret half of ourselves that we don't even trust... when in truth, it's the only part of us that's real... a broken soul that needs to be healed... but we won't let anyone near in fear that they would do to you what your own reflection does every day... not giving your insecurities the chance to get away... telling you that looking like yourself just isn't okay... the same reflection that favors the supermodels, the reflection that puts self-hatred in your heart, as what little self confidence you have left falls apart... yeah, we all know exactly what this reflection looks like... but I'm here to tell you that everything will be alright, because

You are beautiful, no matter what they say. Words can't bring you down...
But they still do.

Guys, you take things to a whole new level, you think it's cool to turn into a rebel, but you and I both know that's not who you are. You're not the guy using fake ID's at the bar, stealing your dads car, or taking things a little too far with the girl you love, even when she says "no" and shoves you aside while she sits there and cries because she doesn't think you respect her... you will be better than that man, and if you're not working on it already, you should know that you can. Just let go of the pain you feel, learn to just k-keep it real, maybe take your girl out on a nice date, and realize that... well.. haters gonna hate.

But sometimes, boys and girls, that realization comes a little too late... some people think that acceptance can wait,

but it can't...

because there are people who wake up every morning that can just barely endure the hate and scourning... and eventually that thread of hope for a better tomorrow is broken and this person drowns in their sorrow, they go home choking on neglegence, hate crimes, and prejudice, and no one's there to rescue them so their breathing gets shallower until the end when they grab the gun and put it to their head, scream "I hope your happy" and collapse on their bed, where they lie in their blood until someone finds them dead... the new bed sheets, permanently stained red...

all because of a few words that were afraid to be said.
So I'm saying them now, because no matter how different you are in a crowd, no matter how much you stand out, you should know that you are beautiful.

You are beautiful, no matter what they say, words can't bring you down... you are beautiful in every single way... words can't bring you down.
So don't let them bring you down... no... not today.