Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Mage

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Guy Hamon

"I thought it was safe to get off," Guy answered, an eye closed from the stingin in his rear end. "So, I got off. That was fun, Raksia!" Guy said, finally mustering the courage to add the part he wanted to say. "We should do it again sometime! Riding you was fun--not like Dragon Rider fun, but... you know..." He scratched his head, unsure how to phrase it; he hoped that he got the point across.

He looked over to Freya and answered her question, "Nah, they just can't face down a dragon. Normal shields can't withstand dragonbreath and magic doesn't work on them, I hear. So, naturally they are afraid... Well, unless one's a dragon slayer." Guy recalled all the tales that loaned to his resolve to travel. He had never expected that he would befriend a dragon.

Dangerous Lunatic

User Image

Xx ----- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- ------xX
.::Raksia::.
Xx ----- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- ------xX

"Don't bet on it" she muttered. Once Freya was off, Raksia looked at the guards and let out a roar. She laughed when they drop their weapons and ran away. Some even fainted. "Hahaha, that made my day. I might as well change now" she closed her eyes and channeled the energy back to her shifting magic. Her limbs twist and turned in a sickening way as her body shrunk to a human size. Her wings disappeared, the scales shrunk back into the flesh as smooth skin replaced the scaly leather.

The process took her only a few minutes. Where a dragon once stood now was a woman. Raksia opened her eyes again and touched her skin. She let out a sigh. "I never really like this form...it is so...vulnerable. Anyway, what Guy said is right...though I'm not entirely sure about the dragonbreath. Do you mean those flame that comes out from Firebreather's mouth? Is that what the humans call them these days?"

[[ Firebreather is a fire dragon ]]
User Image User Image
*Junko* *Quintescent* *Mihari*

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
.:: Healer In-Training ::.

♥Dum di da di da
♥Dum di da di da
♥Dum di da di da

Roses are red ♥
Violets are blue ♥
Honey's sweet ♥
♥ But not as sweet as you

Dum di da di da♥
Dum di da di da♥
Dum di da di da♥

User Image Jun almost felt bad about leaving that blonde haired boy behind, even after Lucy's warning... Almost. As Jun and Alan made their way to the herb shop, Jun took in her surroundings. She was rather surprised when Alan had let them to a manor of all places. She was even more surprised when the servant had actually let them in. As Alan let her to the back, she couldn't help but awe silently at the manor's architecture. Pathur's houses were different, far different, compared to this. "Wow..." She whispered, her ears twitching at the sound of her own voice. When Alan lead her to the back, and she saw all the green houses, she believed that they had just the herbs she needed. And good heavens, she needed a lot of herbs. She wasn't expecting to be lead into the cave in the center, but trusted him, since he knew better. When she saw the old man, known as Dion, she gave a greeting smile. That smile quickly vanished when he asked about a love potion. Good T.A.L.M! And he lowered his voice, too! Acting like she couldn't hear him. She shook her head gently, but was grateful when Alan explained what she needed.

As Dion kneeled next to her, she gave him a small bow in greeting. "Hello Sir. I need quite a few herbs, twenty-six to be exact. I need a few pounds of each. I need: Aloe, Astragalus, Blue Cohosh, Chamomile, Cocoa, Comfrey, Echinacea..." Jun took a moment to take a breath, as she watched Dion's slightly shocked face, "Elderberry, Ephedra. Eucalyptus, Feverfew, Ginseng, Gotu Kola, Holy Basil..." She stopped for yet another breath, "Kava, Lavender, Linden, Passionflower, Poppy Seeds, Sage, St. John's Wort, Stinging Nettle, Thyne, Usnea..." And yet another pause, "Vitex, Willow Bark, and Yarrow." With that, Jun let out the large breath she had took in moment's ago. "Do you have all of them?" She asked. The man before her, Dion, smirked.

"Ah, yes. I do have all of those herbs, but I'm afraid it'll cost you a shiny coin. Even if I do owe Alan."

He explained. Jun simply nodded, reaching for the bag in her kimono robe. She pulled it out and gently unlaced the ribbon. As she pulled out the stone Alan had given her, with all the coins stuck to it, she asked, "Is this enough?" Dion was a little wide-eyed as he examined the coins. It was a good few thousand, and it was no wonder that he was surprised. Jun didn't look like the rich type, and she wasn't. "This is for business only." She said quickly, putting her money bag into the bag. "Well, sucessful business you have," The old man said, leading the duo out to the greenhouses. "That's more than enough for the herbs you need. Now, if you'll excuse me for a moment."

With that, Dion took his leave to collect the herbs. Jun merely smiled, grateful that his prices were a tad lower than other herb shops. She had been to some shops, some time ago, that had common herbs that really did cost a shiny coin. So, she would have just enough money left over to either pay Eos as thanks, pay Captain Mann for being such an awesome captain, or both. But she didn't think she could do both. And she felt a bit more inclined to pay Captain Mann, who does a lot for Emma and her apprentices. However, with Dion gone and collecting the herbs, there was a... Not-so-awkward silence. So, to break the silence, Jun turned to Alan. "Um... Thank you for taking me here. I'm grateful. The majority of the herbs I needed are pretty hard to get around this time of the year. For example, Holy Basil and Thyme." She closed her eyes, nodding slightly, as she recalled some facts about all the herbs she needed. Among those facts, were their uses. And, odd as it may be, she knew they would need a lot of the female issue herbs, and definitely that which initiated labour. A full moon in T.A.L.M was coming up, and with a full moon came many of the later, around birth-point pregnant woman being sent into labour. It was very strange, but most people learned to accept it. There are a lot of children born on the night of a full moon. And in Pathur, a lot of those women's mid-wifes contacted Emma. In-fact, a lot of the time, the mid-wife was Emma. "Again, thanks." She smiled up at the mercanary, before looking back to where Dion had gone. Just how long would it take for him to collect a few pounds of each herb? ... Probably a little while.

Dum di da di da♥
Dum di da di da♥
Dum di da di da♥

Don't take my roses away!

User Image
♥Dum di da di da
♥Dum di da di da
♥Dum di da di da

Beloved Mage

Guy Hamon

"I suppose," Guy replied, scratching his head. In the stories all dragons were lumped into one category. He did not know that there were different kind of dragons. "They never showed any other dragons. They always were in caves, underground, atop a volcano, and some slept in the sea. All I know is that even a team of the best Dragon Slayers will have trouble against the Elder Dragons--the most power ones, right?" Guy only knew stuff about dragons from stories and nothing more.

"As for..." Guy turned to Freya and hesitated. He forgot her race. "As for her race, I have never heard of them... like Cambions..." He sighed. "Why did the stories never include the other races besides elves and humans?" Guy recalled his one fantasy leading up to the day before he left, which was traveling with a cute elf girl. And she'll be wearing skimpy armor.. because that's just how armor works for girls.

((You gotta love Guy. XD))
User Image

~Falleryn~

Story of a Girl

User Image
Riding dragons, now, are we?
Falleryn isn't terrified at all at the idea. In fact, she even likes trying something new for once in her life.. And, after all, it is for the King. They are now nearing the location of the plant. All she is praying for now is for them not to be too late. Just a little bit further. The dragon's wings are now beating hard against the wind that it is getting difficult for her to hold on to.
But they are finally nearing their destination. She just hopes that they wouldn't encounter any more trouble. And sadly, in this place, that seems unlikely.
"I never knew there are friendly dragons around here," Falleryn said, half-laughing. "This is quite nice, just a bit..unpleasant."
The clouds are lazily floating by and the zephyr gives off a wonderful ambiance, it is almost like a dream, only it is really happening. She must admit: she is enjoying this trip. However, the view below them wasn't as beautiful. Maybe she didn't quite like it because she is used to the green forests of Pathur.

User Image

Dangerous Lunatic

[[ friendly dragons..if only they know... ]]

Tipsy Fatcat

7,850 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Streaker 200
  • Brandisher 100
User Image
Ƒrεʏɑ
Tis the last rose of summer, left blooming all alone.
All her lovely companions are faded and gone.
No flower of her kindred, no rosebud is nigh,
To r e f l e c t back her blushes and give sigh for sigh.

The human men still shook like field mice even when Raksia changed, which confused the Dryad. Had they never seen a dragon before, or a shapeshifter? Perhaps Guy's naivete also covered more of the population. 'No wonder they head the poorest of armies.' Then again, any other kind of being would have a bias if they controlled some type of magic. It was a wonder as to how they had survived in TALM for so long.

She turned away from the guards to listen in on Guy's and Raksia's conversation about dragons. She had always been interested in the subject of other races, that was why she had mingled among humans in her earlier days. They were new - different - and clumsy creatures. She glanced at Raksia for any sign of discomfort at the mentioning of slayers, but when he spoke about her, she could not help but pipe up. "Refer to me as Freya, and, as you have apparently forgotten, I am a Dryad. One of the oldest races in TALM." She said as-matter-of-factly. His question also bothered her, concerning his stories, "Because elves have established closer ties with your race. Dryads do not.." She hestitated. "..leave the forests to live among your kind. Vice versa. It is rare, what I am doing."

Beloved Mage

Guy Hamon

"I don't entirely get it, but okay!" Guy said smiling. Guy thought about what Freya had said and he had to agree. Just how did humans survive in Talm for so long? Raksia mentioned that there was a time that humans were able to use magic. "So, I'm guessing you remember when humans were able to use magic?" Guy scratched his head. "Raksia has been trying to teach me to use it, but..." Guy tried to focus his magic on a stone on the ground. "Naeq." He stll culd not move it, but it shook. "It seems 'm able to use magic, but... humans shouldn't be able to, right? Why is that?"

Dangerous Lunatic

User Image

.::Raksia::.
Xx ----- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- ------xX

Raksia moved towards the main door, of which was closed. She didn't flinch at the mention of a slayer, more to curious. "Elders...I know humans are not all that smart but I didn't think there would be anyone stupid enough to go against an elder" her tone changed according to the memories of her training. Always strict and usually deadly, the elder has managed to put her in the den resting for who knows how frequent. If humans still see and elder according to age then Raksia thought she also would have fallen into that category as well, though to her, her skill is far more than complete.

She kicked at the closed door only to have it shook. But it didn't budge open. The soldier inside must have barricaded the door to prevent her from entering. "Something tells me that scaring off the sentinels for fun wasn't a good idea"

Beloved Mage

Guy Hamon

"Great," Guy siged. "Well, why don't we just head out onto the road and get some traveling in! I mean, I overstayed at the castle and..." Guy did not want to mention what he woke up to. "So, you wanna head to Togath... or look for Saur?" Guy was interested in Saur and Kratos, because everyone seemed to have trouble in those areas. He already knew that Kratos was hopeless as long as he was with Raksia.
User Image
User Image

Somebody Wake Me From This Nightmare
I Can't Control Myself.
So what if you can see
Noone can see the

xxxxxx

Christopher walked -- No, glided was a more fitting term, to the town gates. The sentinels were of course, pissing there pants in fear that there was a dragon at the gates. He was probably in the storage shed with wet armor. " Little buggers." He sighed, as he unbarred the doors, and tore all the weapons and boxes away from them, with just his mind. " Welcome home, too bad this isn't so much as an epic greeting fit for heroes." He smirked, " Guy, don't forget next time to JUMP off the dragon, unless you want to get impaled accidentally by a scale or a claw. " He slowly sat down on one of the barrels that was blocking the door, " So how was the trip, Draco?" He winked, putting his hands in his pockets, and looking up at the sky. " It's been ages since I had flown. Now all I can do is jump and do fancy s**t that doesnt make flying seem fun."

The Darkest Side of Me.
Noone can see the
Animal I have become.

User Image

Rainbow Prophet

6,650 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Wintersday Bard 50
○◘.§.◘○ Ɛlνιrɑ ○◘.§.◘○

"Đaughter of Shadows..."

"Mother of Malevolence..."

User Image

Elvira lifted a small vial between the long, gray nails of her bony fingers. As soon as she touched it, however, the liquid immediately changed color and she shook her head. ‘No…this is much too weak for me…I have been here for nearly an hour and these potions are absolutely nothing…’ She gave a sigh of annoyance and shook her head. She placed the vial back into its place and turned to leave.

She shuffled from her spot in the back, and headed towards the entrance. She was near the threshold when the door of the shop flew opened and a blur flew straight for her. Before Elvira could react, she felt a sharp collision on her shoulder and stumbled on her spot. She caught herself before she fell onto the floor and remained on her feet as she regained her composure.

She looked back up with a snarl; ready to curse whom ever collided with her, but stopped herself as she recognized the person on the floor. It was the female elf that she encountered in the forest about a few nights ago. She noticed a different aura radiating from her figure…as if she was sick. Elvira looked down at the spittle of red that touched the fringe of her robes, and kept a poker face.

“Now, now, young lady, there is no need for you to apologize. You just need to be more careful.” She nodded, and helped the elf onto her feet. “You don’t look so well, young miss. Are you feeling ill?” She asked, holding back a smile. So she was getting her opportunity to get her hands on Elf’s blood much sooner than expected.

She also sensed the Elf’s aura contained innocence…as if her soul was uncorrupted…

‘I believe I may have found my sacrifice…’

((OCC: ))

User Image

"Ƈome with me..."

"Ąnd succumb to my lure..."
User Image

{MIRTH}

User Image

Kenyul, as he had been keeping as much to himself as he could, was completely taken when the man blatantly made contact with him. So surprised was he that his only response, which came after moments of silence, was to get up and move to an empty table not too far away. Kenyul was upset to simply let his interest in the amulet the group was fawning over fade away, but it wasn't like he would ever see them again. No, much magic had entered and exited his life without explanation. This would be another magic phenomenon to to go down in his books.

As he waited for the group to pack up and leave, he contemplated his next move. Being the traveler that he was, many rumors had left questions and events to investigate. The most important, or what seemed to be, would be the most talked about wedding of the generation. Then again, he hadn't been home in so very long. Taking a week, or even a day, in Saur would be worth the traveling. As he contemplated this, he left the tavern in a hurried state.

Kenyul was happy to see the old man from before again. The man had begun to pack up his shop. He smiled and patted the old man on the back, happy to see a friendly face. The old man returned with a wave and smile. "Well, geezer. I'm heading out. Winds change, paths wind." He said. "Ah, yes. Well do be careful. There aren't too many kind hearted people nowadays. . .at least not like there used to be." Kenyul felt compelled to return in agreement, but then remembered that his appearance beguiled the eye. He was much older than the youthful face he wore. He nodded and voiced his "wishes" to have lived in the old man's youth. And, with his joyful goodbyes, he packed up his carriage and left Mirth.

Now. . .which path shall I take? See a fantastic marriage sure to be filled with beautiful scenery and elaborate magic, or go home for a few days. . .Eh. . .I'll go where the wind blows me."

{Kenyul The Wandering Scribe}

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
User Image

"No problem." Alan answered, strangely happy that he had helped Jun. "Sorry, Dion had to take your money, if it was a week later, he'd probbably refuse, but right now he's in a pinch, even though I helped him. Ever herd of something called a Thunder Rock seed? Apparently they're very expensive, and that centaur I took the amulet from had stole twenty pouches of them. The old man was brought to tears at his impending bankrupt."
Just then Dion returned, carrying a rather small blue bag.
"Dion, no. You shouldn't give us one of those."
"Don't worry, ALan. 'Tis true that I need the money. Afther all one of the moneylenders wanted his money back now. Otherwise I'd have given theese herbs to the young lady," He smiled at Jun, "for free. So giving her a bag of holding's the least I can do."
Alan knew that that bag could contain not only the herbs, but a horse as well. Dion was truly sorry that he had to take Jun's money.
"By the way, I want to show you something." The old man said and led them back into the cave.
They walked for about five minutes, amongst strange fungus and sleeping bats when they reached a side opening. Dion led them inside and they were basking in a stange glow.
About twenty strange plants were growing in the large gallery. Their petals and leaves all looked like they were made of lightning, and their roots were burrowed right into large stones.
"Surprised?" Dion asked with a smirk on his face. "Theese are the seeds that you returned to me."
"Don't be silly, Dion, I returned them last night." Alan replayed.
"So? Thunder Rock seeds grow very fast."
Saying that Dion neared one of the plants and cut one of the crowns. He also took something from the root. When he came back he put the flower in Jun's hair with a experiensed motion.
And the flower still glew, covering Jun in a shimmering aura. He gave the othe object to Alan. It was a seed.
"Make them forge it into a wepon, or something. You'll be pleasantly surprised." He said smiling.
"Dion, I couldn't. You already paid me ten-fold."
"So what. One of those seeds that you brought back costs ten times as much. Take it. It hasn't ripened yet so you could use it better than me."
Then Dion led them out. On the door he patted Alan on the shoulder.
"Keep up the good work. We need more people like you."
User Image
Quevral Accia T'Fellorne

Quevral's eyes immensed slightly as she was pulled up. This was certainly odd - the elderly in Pathur were never quite so... kind. Usually they were old, irritating sacks of memories that walked about throwing their cane at everyone's ears... well, at least the peasants. And although she didn't know if this stranger really was living in poverty, the robe the old woman was wearing seemed old, and her wrinkled face did not really resemble what seemed like kindness. But, Quevral reminded herself, she did help her up. What could an old lady possibly do to her? The elf shook her head,
"thank you, and really, no, I'm quite alright," she lied, giving a weak, nervous smile, before adding, "I hope I did not harm you."
She was an old, crippled woman, the bones in her body were most likely thin like sand paper! And she had collided into her like an ogre. It was still a miracle that the lady could stand up, or that she had not broken a shoulder bone. A strong person, that.

The pains vanished once more, and she had already calculated their existance. They came every five or so minutes, giving you a chance to relax your muscles and breathe normally, and then they swept over once more, shooting out excrutiating pain that made you terrified to even move. Quevral moved over to one of the shelves on the right of the room, eyes scanning the bottles for any cures. The section she was browsing through was usually called the poison-removers, or simply medical herbs for viruses or side-effects from being around dark magic. There was no doubt in her mind that this was from the day before... There could not have been any other way. Now, Quevral was making it quite obvious that she was not alright, since she was looking for a cure right in front of the elderly woman, but she had no time to spare... She needed to find something to help her before the next wave of pain would embrace her. Because she had also noted that the next aches only grew heavier and stronger, and it would be possible that she could lose her consciousness soon enough.
Maybe the woman knew a potion? But no, she couldn't have... It was improper to place one's burdens on another person's shoulders, so Quevral refused to even look her way.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff