Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image
                                                        ╔═══════════╗
                                                        x.Nathan Ryan
                                                        ╚═══════════╝

“ʏoυ ωεαʀ ʏoυʀ ғαcαᴅε so ωεʟʟ,
                                                        covεʀεᴅ υρ ɪɴ α ρʟαsтɪc sнεʟʟ.
                                                        ʏoυ'ʀε α ʟɪαʀ тo εvεʀʏoɴε αʀoυɴᴅ ʏoυ,
                                                        Jυsт ᴅoɴ'т ғoʀɢεт.”

It was just another morning for Nathan Ryan, second man of the Ring. Get up, take a shower, eat some breakfast, go to work. Order someone killed. Yup. Nothing too different from usual. Well...there was the fact that one of the shipments of drugs had gone missing, but that wasn't something Ryan had been unaware of. He was the one to engineer it, after all, to discredit Lexus.

But that was something to worry about later, Ryan reminded himself as the Ring's assassin walked into the main office of the boss's Right Hand. "Office" was actually a good term to describe the place, as it looked like something you'd find on the top floor of a business building. Which, of course, was how it was meant to look; Ryan was a stickler for professionalism. And that was one of the reasons he despised the way the "King" was running things. That, and he could to so much better.

But I digress! As Diesel Matthews, AKA a good number of nicknames, entered the room, Ryan looked up from his work - looking over the accounting books for discrepancies(there was no end to the fools who thought they could steal from the Ring). Ryan paid little attention to the emotions swirling in the man's eyes as he handed over the proof of his completely assignment; why should he care about the feelings on his inferiors? "Okay," was all he said in response to the report. No "thanks," no "good job." Just "okay." This was what Diesel was paid for, after all. "I don't have your next job lined up, yet, so you're dismissed until I do."

ʟocαтɪoɴ→ 『Ring's main HQ, his office』
                                                        coмραɴɪoɴs→ 『Diesel』
                                                        ooc→ 『Ryan's always wearing suits. No need to include a separate section for his outfits.
                                                        And this is absolutely terrible. Sorry about that; it's much more difficult playing a guy with a superior complex than I expected. cat_sweatdrop

Haven-Sanctuary-16

Mythical Gatekeeper

10,500 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
User ImagexxxUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.xxxUser Image

۩ ۞ ۩ Cerberus Kayne & Tobias Cole ۩ ۞ ۩

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Cerberus sighed and looked away from his men and walked over to the big window that looked out over the city. Listening to Seth, “I am sorry for snapping at you Mr. Hays, I just, well never mind, what seems to be the problem?...Okay I understand I will get the check run...I hope you are being safe Seth, I don’t need a dead cop, remember if things get too hot get out, call us and we will get you out, I don’t want you doing anything reckless Seth,” he said before he hung up the phone with a paternal goodbye, only to have the damn phone ring again. Ignoring the horses this time he answered with a more mature response, “Chief Kayne here...Yes....Yes...I understand....Sir, wait I think that might not be such a good....Okay....Yep...I will see what I can do....Okay goodbye,” he said and hung up the phone again before he looked back at the table of cops, “Alright you, Mr. Rorke follow me to the evidence locker and Mr. Liskov, Mr. Claudia I want you in my office when I return from helping out Mr. Rorke here,” he said before he walked towards the door patting the back of Issac’s chair to get the man up and to follow him. They had no time to waist chilling around doing nothing. As he opened the door he said loud enough for everyone to here, “Dismissed!”

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Tobias was startled by this kid. He was so interested in him and it blew his mind, no one ever really talked to Tobias, never even noticed him and now people were noticing him, maybe he was making too many appearances as the blue angel. Growing nervous his grip on his folded arms tightened and his wound reopened and blood slowly started to leak out onto the shirt and on his fingers. When the boy introduced himself Tobias looked at the hand like it might bite him but then slowly extended his hand, unconscious of the blood that coated his fingers, “It is nice to meet you Deston, my name is Tobias, I have been living on the streets since I was about your age so I know it well enough,” he said before drawing his hand back and gripping his arm again, this time noticing the pain and the blood he cursed and smiled apologetically at Deston, “I went and fell down at home, cut my shoulder open, it must have reopened, I should be going,” he said standing up and felt the room spin. “Okay maybe not,” he murmured falling back onto his chair. He recognised the new comer into the bakery and tensed, it was the doctor for the Ring. He was not sticking around to be found out by this man and he would rather die before he let a member of the ring touch him. Little did he know little Deston was a member.

OOC: Sorry it is soo short! sad

Lady Sinnet

KakkoiiSenpai

Zen Leandros

Stefisgarden

Trash Prince Shuu

Haven-Sanctuary-16

Cuddles_the_Panda_Bear

Softugou's Waifu

Tipsy Millionaire

6,750 Points
    • Married 100
    • Divorced 100
    • Tipsy 100
            User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx▒▒▒▒▒ ☰ ☰ ☰ V I N C E O C E A N ☰ ☰ ☰ ▒▒▒▒▒

xxxxxxx▒▒ i saw the ocean when i saw you
            xxxxxxxxxxx▒▒ it's my sky, that's where i climb so high to see you

Smiling at the man in front of him, Vince shook his head gently. "No, thank you. I think that'll be all for today." He'd admired the man before, the owner, a kind man he'd assumed. Having a neutral party between The Ring and the Police was definitely something he was glad for. Perhaps the old doctor would begin coming here more often. Though his life nearly depended on being part of the Ring, (leaving the group was not an easy task) he felt no particular need to be surrounded by criminals every hour of his life.

Deciding to spark up a bit of conversation, he looked at the red head. "You're the owner, right? How is business for you?" It was a harmless question, mostly just niceties. If he was a bolder man, he'd maybe ask if he was single as a joke, but decided to hold his tongue for now. He didn't want to be banned from the only real neutral territory in town.

Turning his head to look amongst the people in the small bakery, his eyes we're once again drawn to the table with the delivery boy. They seemed to be getting along just fine, until he noticed a few specs of red on the blue haired boy's arm. No normal scratches bled that much, he would turn his body to get a better look, and strain his ears to hear any excuse he had. Falling wouldn't cause a cut like that. It's always inflicted, a lazy slash, something he'd seen, and stitched up often. "Oi, are you alright?" He'd call out towards the two, taking a cautious step near the table.

▒ where : bakery
                  ▒ who : owner, delivery boy, injured boy
                  ▒ thoughts : cute man
                  ▒▒ ooc :

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx▒▒ i inhale, see the stars, and then i smell your kiss
                  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx▒▒ show me, show me a galaxy

Cuddles_the_Panda_Bear

lightningblade109

Haven-Sanctuary-16

Hygienic Smoker

6,650 Points
    • Millionaire 200
    • Tycoon 200
    • Partygoer 500
    lightningblade109

Deadlines should totally be relative.

╣ August Carmichael ╠
    User Image

User ImageAugust dashed out of his undercover used car and ran up the stairs of the police station. He had just come back from an investigation whose results were questionable. His papers were in his passenger seat, he made sure to take them as he got out, but he had no time to go through them now. That would have to wait until he got home tonight.

“Good morning.” One of the patrol officers said to him

“Morning!’ August shouted back, but he had no time to make conversation. He was late to the team meeting, and no doubt Cerberus, someone both smart and hard as a rock, wouldn’t enjoy that. Having a boss who was efficient was nice for the institution, bad for the workers.

After reaching the floor, August paused for a couple seconds and did breathing exercises to recover his breath so he wouldn’t be shown panting and look like an amateur. He fixed his glasses. Cerberus had these meetings frequently for the whole day, so August wasn’t worried about being late. He adjusted his tie, patted down his shirt, and resolved that he would try not to look to terrible and worn out walking in.

Just then, someone entered the stairwell and headed downstairs. No. He thought. Cerberus dismissed the meeting and he had missed the whole thing.

Strolling down the hall, he saw the police chief leaving his office. August thought of his approach and knew that the less time he spent talking to his chief, the better it would be. he weighed his chances quickly; it was unlikely, he guessed, he'd be seriously reprimanded if the meeting ended this early and everyone knew that he was the workaholic he was and was doing something important. If the chief cared, he would ask, but that man probably had more important things on his agenda.

“Sir.” He started, stopping in front of his boss.

“Sorry I’m late. No excuse.” he added. He had been investigating a local warehouse, but his leads were slim.

“I’ll make sure to get the minutes from staff. It won’t happen again, sir.”

Looking around, August saw that Cerberus had his phone in his hand. He made sure to drop his face into a pensive look to avoid smiling. He would get away because that meant Cerberus had gotten a call important enough to end the meeting, and had important business to attend to. Of course, he couldn't call it quite yet; August was right a lot, but in a big number of cases, especially about people higher up than him, he wasn't great at guessing their motives. Not that being right or wrong in a situation in which he was powerless to stop something either way would be helpful.

“If you’re busy, I’ll get on the new investigation.”

Softugou's Waifu

Tipsy Millionaire

6,750 Points
    • Married 100
    • Divorced 100
    • Tipsy 100
            User Image
            User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                                                          A X U M L I S K O V ▎ ▎▎ ▎▎▎
                                                          computer forensics investigator ▎ ▎▎
                                                          ▎who: everyone > cerb, august ▎ where: briefing room > hallway ▎ ▎▎

The boss' reaction was just as good as he thought it was going to be. He was thoroughly reddened in the face, and appeared to have snapped in his embarrassment. There were a few stifled chuckles in the room, though it was obvious everyone was holding it in, in fear of being fired on the spot. Axum himself hand to cover his mouth in order to muffle in own quiet laughter. God, no matter how many time he pranked Cerberus, it was still always as funny as the first time. He did feel a bit of remorse for whoever was on the other end of the phone call, poor b*****d, whoever it was. While the teen got up to head and pick up a file, a new case for himself, the boss man called out a few instructions, and called Joshua and himself to his office.

"Tch.." He was sure he'd gotten away with that one, and was not really in the mood for an hour long lecture on why he shouldn't do that sorta thing, and how it would only worsen his reputation with the rest of the force, yadda, yadda, yadda. Letting his shoulders slump, he turned to the door, a loud sigh escaping him. While he left the briefing room, no file in hand, to his distaste, he'd noticed that the lead investigator on The Ring files, a Mr. August Carmichael, was only just strolling into the building. Ouch, missing a meeting before the days even started. He sent out a silent prayer for the man who he'd known to also be a sleepless workaholic.

Sliding a hand across his face to rub at his eyes underneath his glasses, he thought about the men he worked with. Especially the boss man, the red haired devil who took his a job a bit too seriously at times. Though the way to the aforementioned man's office wasn't long, Axum's thoughts wandered. The fantasies he'd had about the things he went on in that office were always a pleasure--- Err.. Not the time for that, he thought to himself. He was surely about to lectured, or put on some job that would take days of just sifting through junk code before he found anything useful, if he found anything at all.

▏▏▏▏ ▏ ooc: rave techno helps me so much with writing axum holy balls @____@ ▏ ▏▏▏▏

lightningblade109

Rationing

Steadfast Hunter

User Image

I tear my heart open, I sew myself shut
                                                xxxxxxxxMy weakness is that I care to much

xIsaac waited patiently as Cerberus dealt with his phone calls, though he had to cover his mouth with his hand to stifle a laugh at the man's altered ring-tone. There was no way it was one the man had chosen for himself, not with his personality. That fact was proven by his rather annoyed response, and Isaac actually felt a bit bad for the man on the other end of the line.

The chief didn't usually lose his cool so easily, so it was strange to hear him snap. He recovered himself quickly enough, dealing with the first, and then a second call before turning his attention back to the rest of them. Once Cerberus had finished up. he dished out a few quick orders before getting Isaac's attention. The blonde glanced over at Axum when the teen was singled out to meet the Chief in his office, along with O'Conner, who he hadn't actually seen enter the room. He wondered if their boss had pinned the ring tone problem on the computer whiz, and if so, he wished the kid luck in dealing with him.

Rising from his seat, he fell into step behind his commanding officer as the other man started for the door. They hadn't gotten very far when they were stopped by the department's lead detective who, like his partner, had come in late enough to miss the entire meeting. Isaac didn't necessarily dislike August, but he couldn't say he was overly fond of him either. The man was nice enough sure, but he had a tendency to try and rush both Isaac and Axum in his attempts to solve cases. The younger man didn't seem to realize that forensic work took time, sometimes a lot of it, before any results could be given. Rushing led to mistakes, and mistakes could lead to innocent people getting blamed for things they hadn't done. He didn't say anything though, simply offered the other man a slight smile and a brief wave in greeting.

Hopefully the detective wouldn't distract their boss for too long, because Isaac really needed access to the evidence for the case he'd chosen if they were going to get anywhere with it.x

And my scars remind me, that the past is real
                                                xxxxxI tear my heart open just to feel

Curious: Mood
                                                Axum, Cerberus, August: Company
                                                DPD: Location
                                                ...: OOC

lightningblade109

Steadfast Hunter

User Image
    User ImagexxxxUser Image

Joshua C. O'Conner

x

Waiting near the door while Cerberus spoke with whoever was on the phone, Joshua took stock of who was in the room and who wasn't. It looked like they were only missing their lead detective, but for all he knew, the man had already been and gone. The Chief finished his first conversation rather quickly, but was not spare further embarrassment as his phone went off once again. This time it was someone from higher up, given Cerberus's respectful tone and use of the word 'Sir'. He wondered what it was they'd wanted, but knew that Cerberus would inform him of the details in private later on.

Pushing away from the wall once Cerberus had requested his presence in his office, his smiled a bit at the man's slip. It wasn't often that his boss messed up and addressed him by his middle name instead of his last, but it didn't really bother him. Not that any of the others could get away with calling him that however, since the use of it spoke of the more easy going partnership he had with the red head.

Not wanting to be late to yet another meeting, Joshua turned to leave the room, but found the doorway blocked by their wayward detective. The man apologized for being late, though Josh was rather certain the man wasn't being all that serious. He seemed almost too pleased by the fact that Cerberus had been on the phone, which meant he probably felt he could get away scott free. He had not, however, noticed Joshua just yet and so he decided to subtly inform the man that if Cerberus didn't have the time to deal with him, Josh could and would as soon as he was free.

"Morning Detective Carmichael," he greeted lightly as he passed by. He made no mention of the man's tardiness, but his presence and his acknowledgment of the other man would be enough to let the lead detective know that he wasn't quite off the hook for being late. Rather than stick around to watch the show, he slipped passed the others and headed straight for the boss's office, dropping into one of the chairs set up within to wait.

x
    x
    x
    x
    x

Sometimes the rules are meant to broken. After all, not everyone is worth saving...

Rationing
    lightningblade109

Magical Krampus

21,750 Points
    • Super Jumper 500
    • Are You Jelly? 500
    • 1000 High Score 100
    User Image

User Image

A yawn escaped his lips and the bulge under some old worn out blankets and newspapers stirred, coming out of his cocoon. Hands went up to rub his eyes, the dark circles under golden eyes were quite evident today too. As usual, Yuu had only gotten a few hours of sleep and it was time to move out from one of his hideouts which was an abandoned room in and old building that had long been forsaken to go on and start the day. The young man raised from his nest, eyes adjusting to the dim light that sneaked through the boarded up windows. His stomach gave a low growl and the blond male gave a few steps towards the one chair laying in the room, his shoes and sports jacket was resting on it. Slipping those items on, Yuuzan made his way out, though one of the windows and down the fire stairs to the alley bellow. Dressed in some jeans, his tennis shoes, a black baggy shirt, his red jacket, the sleeves a bit too long that they almost covered his hands completely, and of course his backpack, where he held all his precious and few belongings.

A few of the cats that lived in that alley came out of their own hideout and made their way to Yuuzan, rubbing themselves against his legs and letting out some purrs. This cause a small smile to reach his face. Crouching down, the blond male went to stroke them, enjoying himself with them for a few minutes before leaving the alley. Some cats trailed behind him, following into the streets. Alright, it was time to find a prey. Yuuzan was hungry and in need of some quick cash to get some breakfast. He followed down the streets, the cats already deciding to leave him be and went their own way. A few minutes later, Yuu had reached a rather busy street. Well, as busy as the streets have been on this last years. From then, it was quite simple really, finding a man who looked like she had some money to spare and had just placed his walled on his coat's pocket, so he simply bump against him. He apologized for it of course and while the man seemed pissed, he didn't say anything and simply walked away. Of course, without his wallet now.

That was why Yuu preferred to target males, women and their purses were more complicated. And the street cat never felt like snatching a purse away, it was far more troublesome and if he could avoid doing so, the better. When enough distance had been placed between himself and his target, Yuu ducked into an alley to see exactly how much he had got.

Opening the wallet, he snatched out the bills and discarded of the item. He didn't need it after all. Hmm. This would be enough to buy a drink and maybe a sandwich... Or maybe something cheaper.. . He had his eye on a new portable gaming console and was saving a big part of his "earnings" for it. A guy had to have their priorities. Shoving the bills into his pocket, Yuuzan exited the alley and made his way to bakery and cafe owned by that Nicolas guy... Or something like that, he wasn't really sure how the man was named, but it sounded like Nicolas. He had been there on couple occasions, mainly for the fact that the food was not bad and it was a self proclaimed 'safe zone'. He tried to avoid places that sided to one side in particular, after all, it was only matter of time before one of the sides decided to make a surprise attack in any of them.

Minutes later, he had arrived his destination. Yuu pushed the door open and stepped inside, he glanced around the small bakery for a moment, it had more people than he had expected. Golden eyes stayed on a small group of men for a moment, recognizing one of them though he had never spoken with him before... And, ah? It seemed one was bleeding? Maybe.. He couldn't tell from the distance, but there was some red in that shirt and it didn't seemed to fit the design of it. While his face remained calm, his heart quicken some, feeling awfully alert and edgy now.

With: Alone
                                                    Where: Streets > Town Bakery
                                                    OOC: Sorry for interrupting but wasn't sure were to take him u w u and just quoted everyone I think is there too

Cuddles_the_Panda_Bear

lightningblade109

Haven-Sanctuary-16

KakkoiiSenpai

Mythical Gatekeeper

10,500 Points
    • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
    • Hellraiser 500
    • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
    User ImagexxxUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.xxxUser Image

۩ ۞ ۩ Cerberus Kayne & Tobias Cole ۩ ۞ ۩

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Cerberus was shocked when he saw the lead investigator on the case appeared before him missing the whole meeting. Having Axum, Isaac, and Joshua surrounding them was not increasing his mood since they were all trying to get out and do what he had asked them to do. Looking back at Isaac he gave an apologetic look before he looked back at Axum, and Joshua before he started to answer August, “You are late, and I have no time to fill you in. Joshua will fill you in while Axum waits patiently in my office while I take Isaac down to the evidence locker. When we come back up here I want August working on the case with Isaac until I call him to my office after I am done talking to Axum and Joshua, now if you would excuse me,” he said as he squeezed passed August and headed for the elevators. Looking back at everyone he entered the elevator and waited for Isaac to join him before hitting the button to take them to the basement where the evidence locker was kept.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Tobias ~ {{OOC: Still waiting on Deston sorry for the inconvenience!}}

OOC: Sorry it is soo short! sad

Lady Sinnet

KakkoiiSenpai

Zen Leandros

Stefisgarden

Trash Prince Shuu

Haven-Sanctuary-16

Cuddles_the_Panda_Bear

Hygienic Smoker

6,650 Points
      • Millionaire 200
      • Tycoon 200
      • Partygoer 500
      lightningblade109
      Zen Leandros
      KakkoiiSenpai

A new task means they can't fire you yet!

╣ August Carmichael ╠
      User Image

User ImageAugust was let off the hook ,for now. He fixed his tie and nodded as his commadner, straightening his back.

"Yes sir, will do."

He turned to Isaac.

"We'll meet at your station when you're ready, I'll get you some coffee."

Axum was in the commander's office, but August had something important to tell him. Walking towards the kitchen, he pulled out his phone as he walked towards the kitchen, pulling up Axum's number from the contact book. In the entry, Axum was just "NERD".

Quote:
      Sent 11:02 AM

how was the file I sent you? well talk later

August opened the kitchen door and pulled open one of the drawers, dumping some coffee powder into a filter, adding water to hte machine, and turning it on. He waited for a couple of minutes, checking the texts from his informants, whose information was by no means accurate.

Quote:
      Idiot#1
      Sent 9:57 AM

members of ring go to cafes a lot. look there

Quote:
      Henry Capeza
      Sent: 10:57

gunshots heard, east side

August sighed and facepalemd before typing a thank you to each one and looking up on his phone how to get out of bad situations in your career.

When the coffee was done, he poured two cups and headed out the kitchen again, kicking closed the odor and going to Isaac's work station, stopping before at his desk to pick up a file.

"Hey Isaac." he stared, putting down one of the mugs. He made the coffee to be extra caffeinated. He stretched and set down the file.

"Here's video recordings, bios on people, some physical evidence. Everything we have linked to the vigilante."

He took a sip of his coffee and fixed his glasses.

"Sources say he hangs around down town a lot, lives a lot like a normal person, but that's not really specific. Can your lab get anything that could find a location?" August asked. It was a rhetorical question, they would have to.

The detective took a moment to think about how embarrassing it would be, and how fired he would be, if the entire department couldn't solve a case about one man, especially one serving the law.

OOC: Short, sorry.

Quick Reply

Submit
      Manage Your Items
      Other Stuff
      Get GCash
      Offers
      Get Items
      More Items
      Where Everyone Hangs Out
      Other Community Areas
      Virtual Spaces