Welcome to Gaia! ::

Inquisitive Inquisitor

Dapper Explorer

7,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
                      User ImageUser Image
                                                      ᴍᴇᴇᴛɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴀ ᴠɪᴇᴡ ᴛᴏ ᴀ ᴋɪʟʟ
                                                          ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                                                              ғᴀᴄᴇ ᴛᴏ ғᴀᴄᴇs, sᴇᴄʀᴇᴛ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇs, ғᴇᴇʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʜɪʟʟ
                                                                          ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                                                      ɴɪɢʜᴛ ғᴀʟʟ ᴄᴏᴠᴇʀs ᴍᴇ
                                                              ʙᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʟᴀɴs ɪ'ᴍ ᴍᴀᴋɪɴɢ
                                                      ✖✖▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

A Few Years Ago

“And here is where your office will be, Agent. Collins,” an older gentlemen estimated to be in his 40s told the younger agent. He wore a standard charcoal suit with a white button up shirt, she guessed it was Oxford and a black necktie tied in a Windsor knot. He had a short military style haircut which for the most part was black, but some graying could be seen on the sides. His face was clean-shaven, as it had to be according to Liberatium standards. Following in his footsteps, she took the time to examine the office. It wasn’t remarkable for the most part. It was cookie-cutter, being colored a pristine white. All she had in the room was a wide window view that oversaw New Eden, a desk, chair, computer, phone and a lone plant in the far corner. On the desk stood a lone plague with her name. Gold writing on a plague background spelled it out clearly to her: Maria Collins. A hand being placed on her shoulder, she looked up to see it was the same agent who had been leading her. “Your file said you had some cybernetics, let me show you our engineer who you should report to,” she led him out of the office and down the hall. As they were leaving, Maria turned her head back to see what looked like another was going. “And Mr. Reitman, this is where you will be staying…”

A wealthy businessman, estimated to be about in his mid thirties strolled into The Pink Panda, a well known strip club that was incredibly popular. The strong scent of perfume causing him to flare his nostrils. He wore a navy three-piece suit with a pair brown oxfords, a light blue shirt with a white collar and yellow tie tied in a Windsor knot. A constant beat blared from the speakers, setting the mood for the establishment. On cages and in tables, half naked woman danced for the pleasure of drunken men from all professions. From blue collar to white collar, everyone was a fan of The Pink Panda. He made his way towards the bar, ordering a beer. The bartender reached under the counter, pulled out one of the many domestics that was favored among New Eden citizens. Taking it and walking over to the dancers, he saw that one had garnered particular attention from the clientele. A 5’9 dancer with snow-white hair and piercing grey eyes was hanging upside down. Men were cheering for her and making cat calls as she worked the pole in such a graceful fashion. She didn’t treat like some man at a dance club, but more like an elegant, yet sexual, ballerina. She wore a maroon bikini bottom, the strings looking they would become undone at the slightest pull. Her top was a black bustier with diamond studs that pushed her breasts up and it looked like they were ready to burst out. Her eyes locked with the businessman and she stopped dancing, setting herself down and getting off the stage, making her way towards him. She placed her hand on his tie and ran her fingers down it, feeling the platinum tie clip. “Private dance, hun?” she cooed, leaning into him and placing her mouth near his ear.

“I’ll turn off the camera,” she sedutvely whispered, breathing into his ear for extra effect. She pushed herself away and began to walk towards the private rooms, but not before turning her head around, and winking at him, adding a sway in her hips as she walked. Like a dog seeing meat, he followed.

The dancer had entered the room first, going over to the wall camera and shutting it off, not wanting her time interrupted. Her client followed in shortly after, closing and locking the door and taking a seat. The private rooms were all the same. Two doors, one that led back to the club and one that led outside incase of an emergency. A medium sized room with a rather large couch pushed up against the wall. It had a smell of lilacs or some kind of perfume to it and instead of the generic club beat, there was a sound system were the dancer could choose the song they wanted. The closed doors were meant to be reserved for private dances, but it was well known sex did go behind the doors, often for an increased price. With The Velvet Kiss offering woman at a much cheaper price, it was the question of the century why these people would come here for sex instead of going where it is legal and regulated, but hey, money was money. “Make yourself comfortable, I’ll get a song going,” she blew him a kiss and made her way towards the sound system. Choosing a song, she waited for the slow beat to start up. It was a popular hip-hip song that she just happened to be a fan of. Making her away towards him, she added a seductive sway to her hips before stopping in front of him. She bent over in front, giving a shot of her cleavage to him, directing his eyes towards her. “What’s your name, love.” She asked, placing her hands on his knees and pushing herself forward towards him, almost coming into contact with him. She turned her back to him, shaking her hips and feeling his hands on her hips as she swayed side to side. “Michael Richard,” he said to her. “I work for the Lambda Corportation ,” he told her.

“Oh my, isn’t that interesting. What do you do?” she asked, feeling his hands move towards her strings. She slapped them away, turning her head to him and shaking her head with a coy smile, as if to say “Not yet.”

“Well, I work in one of the higher up divisions. My job is to bring our projects to our CEO for approval before letting it hit the streets. Once he approves it, I let it be distributed to the public,”
                                                            he explained as the dancer sat down in his lap, feeling his hands touch her stomach. “Oh, so what are you doing here then? A man in your power must have more to do,” she asked him, grinding against him. “Well, there is one thing. I recently got this new project to give our CEO, but I’ve recently had an idea. I can reap a bigger profit by selling it to a competitor and I was suppose to meet him here today,” he told her as she loosened his tie.

“Oh my, oh my…Selling company secrets, isn’t that particularly dangerous," she grinned, now straddling him and tracing his neckline, looking at his wolfish like grin. “Happens if they find out, I mean….I know,” she told him, now cupping his face. She felt cold metal touch her chin, forcing her up with a shocked expression on her face.

“That you do and can’t let anyone know, now can I? I am so sorry it had to come to this, I was looking forward to what you promised,”
                                                            he sneered, moving his finger to the trigger and pointing at the dancer’s head.

Swift motions saved her life. She grabbed the barrel of the gun, pulling him forward and making him lose his footing. Using his change of motion, she delivered a swift kick to the stomach. He dropped to the ground as the gun was yanked from his hands. Watching him crumple to the ground, she trained the gun on him, circling him around before delivering a swift kick to his ribs.

“Look under the couch,” the flirtatious tone from before had disappeared. She kicked him again due to his slowness. He crawled over to the couch, lifting the flaps from underneath and stared into the eyes of a dead man. Throat slit and eyes wide open, Michael eyes grew wide.

“You really thought that you would be able to just cheat Zheng, did you? Just bend him over and ******** him like that? Did you?” she asked, removing the white wig to reveal her purple hair underneath, dropping it on the ground. “To think, he hired you and you knew full well his connections. At this point, you are thinking “Where did this all go wrong?” Well, I’m going to let you think that through,” she chuckled, walking over to him and stepping down on his neck, slowly adding more pressure, slowly watching as the man gasped for hair and to life Erin’s foot off his neck. He gasped for air, she could see it in his eyes, pleading desperately for mercy. She applied more pressure until he went motionless. Bending down, she checked his wrist for a pulse.

Silent. No beat. Her jobs was done as she placed the pistol to the ground and made her way towards the exit. Tapping her ear, she project an holographic menu from her eyes as she walked. There was a number of options available to her. Clicking on the contacts option, a list of names came up. She stopped for a moment, walking back to the recently deceased body and went through his jacket and pockets. She procured a small flashdrive, placing it into her cleavage before paying attention to her contacts. Scrolling down the list, she selected Zheng’s name, staring a message.

Subject: Target.
                                                            Message: He’s dead. Got what he stole. Will leave it with Lenore or do you want me to bring it you personally?

Erin.

She sent the message, closing out her menu and exited the strip club through the back, leaving her to a parking lot. She had parked in the back and now just wanted to get changed. Her car was a few spaces down and contained a gym bag with a spare pair of clothes to change into. Walking to her car, she grabbed the bag and began to change. She swapped out her stripper wear for a pair of stoned washed black jeans, boots and sweater. Tossing the clothing in, she began to drive away.

Erin Badeu, a name that was all too familiar. A name plastered in magazines or on a billboard, either showcasing a new set line of clothing or talking about an upcoming fight she was participating in. As she sped down the freeway, she looked up at one of the billboards she was on. Wearing a long flowing black dress, she was laying down on a bed and staring up with the product she was advertising on the bottom. While she loved the clothing, she much preferred her day job. She was an Alternate, an underground group of assassins that were open for hire by anybody with money. Someone higher up got wise and thought that instead of using so much manpower to take out some crazed anarchist, why not just outsource that to a group for a price. As sadistic as it sounded, Erin did like it. Some people deserved it and she enjoyed noting more than putting a bullet in the head of those who deserved it. Her targets ranged from the lowly rapist who caused harm to the daughter of a politician or someone who was abusing their power and thus, had failed the city. Though, as long as the money was good, she would take it.

“Contacts. Lenny. Message.” She said, a small screen coming from her car’s computer, prompting for Erin to speak.

“Hey Lenny, I am going to be coming over soon. Got something you need to give to your boss. Much love,” she ended the message. “Send.” She commanded and like that, the message would be sent to Lenny’s phone or device she used for communications.

On the opposite side of the barrier, Erin saw the telltale flash of emergency vehicle lights. Police and ambulance, all she could do was smile. Guess someone needed that room. Soon enough there would be an update about a murder in a strip club and if somehow, Erin was to be connected, just make a call to Zheng or mention she was an Alternative and bam, investigation stopped right there or someone else was blamed.

She weaved in and out of traffic as she made her way to New Eden. Hood down and hair flowing in the wind, she enjoyed every minute of it. Synthetic or not, it was those little things she loved. Shifting gears, she let out a cackle as she sped up, dangerously speeding through traffic.

Twenty minutes later, she pulled up in front of a rather sophiscated looking garage that belonged to the Lambda Corporation At this time of the day, Lenore would probably be wrist deep in gears gizmos. Stepping out of the car, she stepped up, waving at the security camera and ringing the bell. “I brought a present for you, Lenny!” Erin shouted, looking directly into the camera. She paused for a moment, placing a finger on her lips, she looked back up. "I'm also really hungry!"

Interesting Regular

User Image

Underneath. Part 1: Sunken Fish. Start

My name is Irineo Gatz and I am favoured by the Koi, there's no certainty on my part on how it happened, one day I wasn't and the next everyone knew. Like a plague of crows it came unannounced, merely the cawing of people showed it. Even now I have doubt and hope the rumour extinguishes itself before reaching the Koi who could be mad to give fame and commodity to whom he never intended or, even worse of an outcome, that he has given it to me on purpose and the time for me to pay will come.

It stands to doubt the will of the koi because the benefits I have inherited from such suspicious fame have not been given with any grace but as consequences of the rumour itself. A neighbour who had stolen a part of our farming land, from my wife and I, gave us the land back and a payment as rent for the time he had borrowed it. The bandits of the vipers that harassed me for money in my vegetable store now granted me free protection, actual protection. Similarly when I asked for a loan to have better technology for my plantation, the bank granted it to me without a doubt and now the farm is producing so fast, so quickly, so great in quality fruit and vegetables I can't but rejoice, but non of this things can be attributed to the koi but to the fame of the koi and the rumour of me holding his favour; his I can only assume is the box and nothing more.

Every month, when we harvest the rest of the vegetables and fruit to take to New Eden, I find the box; it is small with no special characteristics beside its size. That is the only sheer evidence I have from anyone being involved with me, the only thing that prevents me to call all of it a joke. I open the box every time, see that I am not getting in something dangerous, and every time it is just a rare fruit. I have been waiting because of that box for a while, common transportation between Blight town and New Eden is quite fast but merchants have to have their cargo pass through many tests and today the box was different: it had a paper with some random numbers next to it. They have been on it a while now and I am sure it is not because of my average cargo. It is the box.

A cop comes to me, he asks me if I have a code for the special cargo, I tell him I don't understand, he clarifies I need a code for the rare fruit I'm passing. I nod and give him the paper. He sees me, straight in the eye, I can tell there's the strange same doubt in his eyes, as if we were accomplices in that long wait before the koi comes and calls for the favours, he doesn't say a word but I know he holds my same burden. He nods puts the paper in his pocket and pulls another, similar looking, but it has been taken more carefully, hands it to his fellow officer. They run the code and he stares at me with a look of contained terror, of sheer expectancy. The other officer comes to me and apologizes for the wait. Everything seems in order with my cargo. It then becomes clear, perhaps this is a rouse to help a smuggler to do a side job as I pass through customs, or perhaps there's a small item in the box, a small item with great consequences, ones that I can not begin to ascertain. Either way I am truly involved with him. I notice a camera pointing at me, the dim light reflected by the lens and the dark end behind it give it the impression of an unintelligent eye, like that of a fish, I feel observed.

The sound of an alarm wakes her up from a strange dream, she recognizes the sound of it. Stretching like a cat, the sensation of her muscles suddenly tightening gives a strange pleasure for a very common routine, she gets ready for the rest of the day, once she is awake she can never go to sleep unless a whole day has passed. "I have never threatened the life of a girl before" with a warm motherly voice Funes turns to face a girl, little red giggles as a response to the woman's joke. "Why does Cell looks so pretty in your dreams?" Funes simply grabs a pillow and throws it at the girl's face, the girl laughs hysterically. Because you see her through my eyes. The girl removes the pillow from her face, she waits for an answer, Funes is dressed with a robe and two slippers the woman keeps nearby because of the girl's intrusions. "Well dreams represent what we want, she is my friend, so I see her as I see friendship". Funes already knows why the girl is there so she opens the door of her room and heads to the kitchen. "Karma doesn't look like that" Funes smiles, she enjoys the girl's sly attitude. "Well karma is a bit of a douche so we have a different friendship". The girl makes a fart sound, Funes rubs the top of the girl's head and opens the refrigerator. Little red rejoices when she looks at the swiss chocolate cocoa, it is a expensive product, fast food has made a leap to high cuisine if you are willing to afford it."You'll be a chubby girl if you drink this every night" Little red makes a frown and shakes her head in disregard. Milk is set to boil, after a few minutes it will be ready to give the girl and Funes some delicious hot cocoa chocolate, that is if Funes doesn't mess up again and lets it burn, it rarely happens but it does.

Taking advantage of the time Funes places a strange apparatus against the girl's head, it is of her design and allows the hacking of nano-bots. Isabelle's brain is still in development, mind powers and nano-bots are hard to control, it was an irresponsible deed of her parents, they should have waited. After the incident Funes takes care of the girl and with it she has inherited such problems. The girl's complications regarding her powers are not only the ability and the nature of the upgrade, which are already hard to control but the programming of the nano-bots. There are 75 ways of programming nano-bots, but they can be roughly divided in two: powers as thoughts and as limb. Ideas are hard to control, which is what makes the 'power as thoughts' type of program so dangerous; when we see a friend next to a cliff the thought of pushing him may appear, if an upgraded is in a stressful situation the powers may go highwire and he might do something they never intended. Nano-bots that have thought programming are the most rushed and certainly the least effective in accuracy but to this downside there's a complement, thoughts can be reworked to be made better but limbs have to be trained; as a result the best output from a soldier with fewer experience will certainly power as thoughts. Funes is slowly reprogramming the nano-bot so they fix in a new way, a seventy sixth path and a third kind, one that she invented, that would place the girl in a comfortable middle land.

The numbers of nano-bot multiplication are fine, now she has hacked 60% of the girl's nano-bots, it will begin to work at a much lethargic pace form now on, the new nano-bots will have to be hacked daily until she reaches 75% and can make them fit to her programming as they are being made inside the girl's body. Until then it will have to be a daily procedure. The milk is boiling she serves the girl the chocolate and puts some coffee on the other. Funes has a small chat with the girl as they finish their drinks, then sending her to a house nearby and back to sleep. A secret passage makes the walk safe and clear, not that it is needed, the neighbourhood is really well guarded, but just in case.

Funes dresses and goes out for a run. She has only done a few laps and the dream shows itself as a sudden reminiscence A man, who was her on the dream, escapes the police and hides in a mount, the mount is sacred ground for Tibetan monks and the police respects it, to prevent themselves from intruding in such a place they set a camp, knowing full well there's no food to sustain a man for long in the mount. Having nothing left the man goes to the monks and begs admittance, a monk asks only a simple question: why do you want to become a monk. The man answers he has committed sin and has repented. The monk denies him entrance. The next day the man tries again and the monk asks the same question. I need help, I wish to find the light. The monk denies him again. It is on the third day that the man has done some reflection not on what the monk wants to hear and not on what normal men wish to become monks but why he should become one. he heads there, convinced of his answer, he is full of clarity on it now, he knows what he will say but this time the monk does not ask the question, he is merely let in. A few weeks later he goes outside the mount in monk clothes and gives himself in to the cops, they laugh as they don't see any similarity, seeing how a monk interceded for him they conclude the man must have escaped in the night. Left alone the burglar heads back to the temple and resumes his life as a monk. Weird dream. The sunrise has come, the clouds are white and the sky of an intense, fresh, blue. Beautiful day.

Funes takes a bath back in her home, there she begins to ponder on the situations that have been brought up now to the city. There's a corrupt absolute government, as opposition it only has three reasonable enemies: Lmbda a corrupt industry that has nothing good to offer, their ambitions are high and powerful, but in a long term they ending up as leaders could actually be worse that the reign fake democracy; then there are the vipers, a criminal organization that has their own agenda on the matter and whose nature as criminals has never been put up in a partial righteous manner regarding the government, they oppose it because they are criminals and such opposition is only natural; finally what could be considered as the most righteous path: the divided, with their own set of monsters the organization as a whole is the sole exception to what seems the general clause: they want to overthrow the government and restore freedom... and yet they are the weakest and their members questionable regarding their commitment. Then it is her, the Koi, who likes the things as they are now, leeching on everyone for their money's worth, she's nothing but a mere third party and has adjusted to it by helping everyone, by taking money where she can, by becoming rich in expense of knowing that the final outcome can never be positive. She's happy about it. She ponders what Cell with her kind ideals and the girl with her hopeful attitude would wonder of herself if they saw her underneath: a sunken fish in a vortex, ready to strike, ready to manipulate through turbulence and get the best of everybody.

She dresses with a gorgeous kimono she had bought last week, very Japanese as Cell likes it. Funes heads out, a message of confirmation gives her a warm welcome, the money being transferred has her back. The day is bright and blue, the clouds white but somehow it has lost a part of its radiance, it isn't that beautiful after all.

Supreme Demigod

User ImageUser Image

[Location: Her Surgery] [Company: Her Assistant Anya,] [Mood: Indifferent] [Outfit: Her image]

It had been a peaceful night, and by peaceful she meant too quiet. Coming on to her morning shifts the green haired woman donned on her doctors coat and straightened her tie. This would be a busy day, no doubt. Firstly, the female had to conduct her rounds. Meaning that the patients in her beds, that's right her beds. She should charge by the hour, however, the green eyed female did charge for the treatments. Though she was happy to help those that needed the help. After all, if she could help the broken families get back on their feet, she'd feel her job was complete. Grabbing the tablet from the end of one of the beds she read over the notes that was left overnight. No change, huh? She put on her stethoscope and listened to his heart and his steady breathing. The patient was still, he had been brought in unconscious after a bar fight the other day and showed signs of waking up. When he did, she would give him a thorough examination and probably send him on his way. Checking his pulse, and pupil dilation she made notes on his tablet and then left to check on the children's ward.

El always lingered in the children's ward, something about this place touched her long lost emotions. She was an orphan at one point, striving to earn a living. Shaking off those distant memories, she did the room at her normal pace, staying with those she adored more. When the food was being served up El took the time to sort out her everyday clinic. Normally she'd have more than herself manning the place, however, because she lived above the small surgery, she had to shut up shop. Those desperate have tried to break into her office quite often to get the medicines or even just first aid equipment to help each other. Or the worst kind, those would sell them on the black market for a measly pay just for the food. Removing herself from her thoughts, she shut the door soundlessly behind her and changed the panel to available. Falling into her comfortable leather armchair, she booted up her PC and logged in.

Locking the computer once she had all the relevant programs open, El wandered out into the hallway. Would her receptionist be on time again? Or would she be late, casting her emerald eyes to the clock she counted down the seconds until opening. Arms folded across her chest. If she was so much as a minute late, she would put a mark against her record. Her surgery had gone though several receptionists because they all couldn't handle her strict nature. Though they were people she would happily give jobs so that they could feed their families at the end of the day, not just any person on the street. Everyone was after a job these days. The green haired woman had been in her thoughts that she didn't see a flustered young woman rap on the window.

From first impressions the girl, looked like she had just got out of bed, she was fair and plain, with curly brown hair and brown doe eyes. She was smarter than she looked and El had taken her on without any experience. So far she had lasted three months and had not let her down. She had been able to handle all sorts of idiots that entered and exited. Even with her usual guards posted in the waiting room and in the halls. Showing one of her rare smiles, El walked towards the door and unlocked the several locks that kept the door secure. "Hello Anya, " She spoke, her accent lingering on each syllable. The girl bowed formally and rushed inside, straightening herself out in her work clothes. Anya then proceeded to sit behind her desk and log in, while El unlocked the door and turned the 'CLOSED' sign to 'OPEN'.

"Anya, make sure those that have an appointment show up, otherwise there's a fine involved, and if anyone thinks of shoving to get through other patients, please get the boys to throw them out and put a temporary ban on their licence from this facility for, let's say a month? That way people will know when not to mess with me." Smirking, she took her sweet time walking back down to her office room. Opening the door and slipping inside, El let out a long sigh. Today would be busy, every day was busier than the last. Maybe she could consider moving into a bigger facility, but the amount of people she would have to hire... The mere thought made her skin crawl. Not only that she would have to hire more bodies to help stop the violence.

Falling into her chair, she let out a groan. Was she certain she had enough time? She could always do over time. Then she wouldn't get any sleep. Running a hand over her face, she hit the buzzer on her desk, "Anya, bring me in some coffee." She released the button and heard the line crackle, "Any kind today Miss?" The girl replied. Pressing the button a second time, El opened her mouth to respond; "No, just make it stronger than usual." Letting go of the button completely, she leaned back in her chair, unlocked her computer and loaded up the first patients' details. At least this one was a routine check up, from what she could gather. Simple and quick, just the way she liked them. Anya entered a few seconds later with the cup of coffee, the scent of hazelnuts hit her nostrils and she inhaled. "Good choice today." She complimented as her deft hands took the cup from her and sipped the scalding water.

Maybe today wouldn't be so bad after all.

(( Ooc: Brought to you by your friendly Lucunda Somina ))
                                                    "Speech looks like this."
                                                    Thoughts look like this.

Inquisitive Inquisitor

appaliciousapUser Image
                  ap█⋮ LET THE FIRE E - E - ENTER YOU !!
                        L E T XX T H E XX A N G E R XX S T A R T XX T O XX B R E W . . . xx x x
                            let your instincts break the rules xxx let your instincts break the rules xxx let your instincts break the rules xxx let your instincts break the rules xxx let your instincts break the rules
                            let your instincts break the rules xxx let your instincts break the rules xxx let your instincts break the rules xxx let your instincts break the rules xxx let your instincts break the rules

◞ LET IT RISE AND CONSUME _________ ;
                                _________________________________________________________________________________________________

User Image
                                                New Eden.... A city of renown, power and business. Built above the dark and mysterious Venia, it was certainly the superior of the two cities. Filled with rich and important businesses, men and women working for the more finer things in life. Money... This was where it was made. Amongst this throng of immense skyscrapers and prestigious buildings. Grey orbs looked out upon it all from the top floor of the Lambda corporations, office building. In the wall-length window, the leader stood, hands in his trouser pockets as his gaze wandered upon the vast city that stood before him. He'd never get bored of this view. It was always liberating to look at such an incredible landscape. To think, if all went as planned, he could one day control all of it. It would be his. But that was a long way off, the prospect a mere speck in the distance. For now all he could do was watch and admire.

Releasing a deep sigh, Zheng had lowered his eyes to watch the civilians on the ground, nothing more than ants at this height. He'd scoffed a little at how they idly went about their days, uncaring for all the crap that was going on in the world around them. How crime rates had risen right beneath their feet, down below in Venia. Even in New Eden, things had gotten pretty bad as of late. With more gang activity and assassinations going on. He supposed he only added to that, especially with the latest deal he'd made with a certain mercenary. Michael Richard was the woman's target, a once renowned fellow who possessed Zheng's trust. Nowadays, he was no more than a lowly traitor. A man obsessed with wealth, willing to do whatever it took to pocket some extra cash. Too bad Zheng had found out about his little.... plan.

The project that Zheng had trusted in his hands was the main priority right now. Whether he was killed or left to his own devices was Erin's decision entirely. Zheng had given her that choice, assuming she would pick the more brutal of ways to deal with him. It was no real loss. The man had run his course and now had no further use. He'd lost the trust of his boss, becoming no more than a greedy, miserly, money-grabber. To sell the project to their competitor was a foul move indeed. He didn't deserve the profit. So, Erin was to intercept the deal between Richards and this other agent and swipe the flashdrive containing the project from their filthy clutches. Zheng had no doubts that she would succeed. After all, she'd never failed him before. And for the right price, she wouldn't fail him now.

It was then that his phone had alerted him of a message, the device swiftly pulled from his inside-jacket pocket. Unlocking the cell, he'd quickly pulled up the message he'd been anticipating. His lips had curled into a smirk at the sight of the sender's name: Erin Badeau. Immediately, he knew the job was done.

'He’s dead. Got what he stole. Will leave it with Lenore or do you want me to bring it to you personally? Erin.'

He'd begun tapping in a reply instantly, giving her the necessary details.

'You may leave it with Lenore. As soon as I receive it from her I'll send you the agreed payment. You have my thanks.'

Pausing for a moment, his eyes had lifted to the city yet again as the familiar flash of blue emergency lights caught his attention in the distance. It seemed the body had already been found. Good. One less traitor to worry about. Returning to his phone, he'd added to his message before hitting the send button.

'Any connection linking you to the murder will be void. You needn't worry. Zheng.'

Slipping the mobile back into his pocket, he'd turned away from the window with a satisfied smile upon his features. It was always gratifying when a job was completed swiftly with little to no messes. With connections within the police department itself, feeding them a story took little to no effort in this case. In a matter of days it would all be cleared up, the blame fobbed off onto someone else. Someone who could be disposed of. Zheng had learnt not to care anymore, simply doing what was needed of him. It may seem heartless to others, but nobody needs to know it was his doing. Nor Erin's for that matter. Moving towards his desk, Zheng had glanced towards his second-in-command who had, annoyingly, occupied his chair, feet up on the desk. Shoes and all. He'd scowled. Clearly Markos had noticed, a crooked grin soon appearing on his features as he blew out a breath of smoke. The ginger male understood what it meant when Zheng frowned, but of course, he wasn't going to budge. He never did.

"Don't you have any work to do, or do you intend to stay in my chair all day?" An eyebrow had risen in the man's direction suspiciously as Zheng pulled out his own cigarette. With a light flick of his index finger, the tip was lit in a millisecond, the power to wield fire a very handy one indeed. Inhaling, he too had breathed a lungful of smoke into the room. Perhaps it was about time they opened a window...

XXXXXXXXX " TALKING " xx ' THINKING '

unleash the rage trapped inside ....◞★
                                                    I XX AM XX BURNING !!

L O C A T I O N ; lambda corp ; top floor - zheng's office. x x W I T H ; nimbus. x x M O O D ; satisfied - mildly irritated. x x O U T F I T ; business.
                                              O O C ; .

Wheezing Explorer

User Image

KATERINA EVANGELINE ZERVOS
                                                          A T R O P O S

In Venia, a poor man struggled to get free, his tan and callused hands tied together. His arms were confined to his torso and each ankle to each other, irritation beginning to settle in as a result of his gestures, desperately trying to get himself free. Silver taped slapped over his mouth, muffled words trying to escape. A dark haired woman gave a small sigh at how pathetic the man was. "Could you shut up for ten ******** seconds? A Greek accent pouring through. A straight face was kept as she looked at the man, directly into his hazel eyes. "Those that are wanted alive are generally more trouble than they are worth." If it didn't jeopardize her pay, his brains would be splattered everywhere by then. Too bad her client wanted this man alive before he was killed; he wanted to smack him around himself a bit first. Johnathon White; a man who seemed to be selling his companies secrets and smaller assets. Sure, he was one of the heads of the companies, but a higher up didn't care much for such a liability. It seemed to Katerina's client that killing the poor b*****d would be better than firing him. No man, no liabilities, hired or not. The client figured if he was fired and still alive, he could take a shot back at the company. Katerina didn't care about the reasons her clients had. The woman just wanted the money.

Johnathon kept squirming and attempting to scream, desperate to get anyone to hear him and rescue him. "Listen," Katerina stopped wrapping up the extra rope she had brought with her and let it fall to the floor, making her way to Johnathon. As she approached him, he tried to scoot backwards, however, it was to no avail. Katerina grabbed the man by his shirt and lifted him up and off of the ground, his feet dangling just above his expensive, pure white carpet. His eyes widened in disbelief. "If you be quiet, you will be making it easier for the both of us, okay? I like my job to be as easy as possible. You like the same, correct? It seems all business men like that." Katerina dropped the man back onto the floor, his mouth finally shutting. "Don't worry, we will be leaving soon." Katerina walked back over to her tools and began to clean up. Soon enough, they would be on their way to her client.

t i m e tab s k i p

An abanoned warehouse. Cliche right? That's how a lot of clients were.

Johnathon's face was coated with blood, most of it running from his nose. Katerina's client, Rick Sorche, puinching Johnathon over and over, calling him a ******** here, and a b*****d there, getting out his pent up anger. Katerina sat on a table not too far off, waiting for the silliness to be over. A few long minutes later, Rick had finally had his fill. "Finally finished?" Katerina asked, gracefully removing herself from the top of the table and making her way to the two men. Rick's breathing was labored from the constant movement and yelling, and Johnathon's face barely recognizable. "Yes. Now get rid of him." Rick requested quite rudely. Softly shaking her head, Katerina had to deny his request; at least for another minute. "Show me the money. Then you get what you want." A hard sigh came from Rick's nose, but he accepted her request. "Alright. Then you finish him."

Katerina and Rick stood at a table, a locked up briefcase resting on top of it. Rick flipped up small numbers on the front of it, putting in the code. Once the code was correct, the briefcase popped up for him, revealing wads of cash. "The whole amount?" Katerina picked up a wad of cash and sifted through it. "Well, you see-" Cold metal met Rick's temple, his eyes widened as if he had seen a ghost. "Choose your words carefully." Rick was speechless for a moment, until he finally found the words that had been stuck in his throat. "O-Okay, here!" His hand reached into his pocket and pulled out two extra wads of cash, putting them inside of the briefcase. The gun was removed from his head and put back onto Katerina's hip. She is one person you don't want to scam money from. A slight nod as she closed the briefcase and grabbed the handle, walking away from Rick and back to barely recognizable Johnathon. The man was too weak and defeated to even look up at the mercenary as she pulled her gun back off of her hip and shot him at point blank range.

Her hips swayed as Katerina made her way out of the warehouse. Rick said he would take care of the body when they made their deal, and he kept to it. It was then out of her hands and she no longer had to worry about it. She got paid, and that was all she cared about. Katerina walked down the sidewalk, calm and collected, looking like any average person walking down the street. Even if she did look suspicious, most people in Venia turned the other way when they saw something odd. Briefcase in hand, the woman took her time and enjoyed her little walk back to her home, shoes gently clicking against the cement.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                                                                  where: walking down the street - 5th avenue
                                                                  with who: no one
                                                                  mood: content
                                                                  health: 95%
                                                                  wearing: x

Fuzzy Dabbler

6,150 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Cool Cat 500
User Image
                                    YOUxx BUILDxx MExx UP!xxxxxxx
                              ████ from nothing into something from nothing into something from nothing into something █████████████████
                              ████ from nothing into something from nothing into something from nothing into something █████████████████

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ⌠ YEAH, SOMETHING FROM THE DUST ⌡ «««««««««

User Image
                              Things couldn't really be any better right now -not for this well-paid and extremely loyal dog employee of Lambda corp. I mean, if living the dream looked like anything to him, considering what his life had been like, this lifestyle would come pretty close for Markos here. Who was currently making himself comfortable in the boss' chair, laid back with his hands behind his head, expensive shoes on the desk and a cig happily smoking away to itself. Yes. This was certainly the life. Money -of course, sat at the top of this list of lists, a substance that certainly made the entire world spin. The company made it by the bucket-load and in the process of that, liked to keep it's employee's motivated by lining their pockets with the stuff. He couldn't dispute their work ethic. It worked. No doubt. Although, there were times when spending the dough became a real burden, for about a minute. It usually found itself being spent on more cigarettes or food -the useful stuff, or perhaps a new motorbike. Hmm...living the dream also included taking naps on the job when no one was looking and breaks whenever you felt like taking one. The work itself wasn't all that challenging either. He had a house, a car and a place on the winning side, because in all honesty the Government wasn't going to last much longer. Not if Lambda and their newly made friends had anything to do with it. So, right now. There was not a care in the world on this man's shoulders. He had it made.

Breathing in and taking in a long pull of the cigarette with it. He'd sooner let the smoke fly with a casual-sounding breath. Repeating the motion after a minute. There was nothing like a good smoke. The fumes themselves rejuvenating his cells each time he inhaled (unlike its effects on normal folk; all thanks to nano-engineering), bringing about a seemingly overwhelming mellow feeling to his entire system -and as to why he was sat in this exact spot, there was something about sitting in the boss' chair that made everything seem that much more ace. Plus, it was comfy. He always took his ciggy breaks up here when the seat was empty, where with the added view and the ritzy office, it just seemed like the perfect setting for trying to take a load off. His office in comparison however was much the same but lacked the company he could find while sharing someone else's; Namely his good friend Zheng's or that of his receptionist Andrei but let's just say that sharing breaks with an A.I based humanoid didn't quite cut it. So Zheng on most occasions got the short straw. Now, that man liked a good view and could quite often be found standing, gazing down at the tiny people below. Which meant that the seat itself wasn't being used. Win, win.

Like today, Zheng had been stood by the window with his gaze fixated on the city outside. Who knew what the man was thinking about when he did this. World domination, like a boss? or perhaps ants and a looking glass? The past? In fact it was probably best not to guess at such things or risk finding yourself lost among the labyrinth of complexity known as Zheng's mind. Being preoccupied mentally had allowed Markos here to creep inside his office without too much trouble and make himself at home; lighting one up as soon as his a** hit the smooth leather, where he proceeded in puffing to his heart's content. Since then, the two of them had held their positions well; had done for a good while now with little to no words being spoken between them. Zheng a "no worth in words being wasted" kinda guy and Markos himself simply wise enough to know the fault in trying to disturb the boss while he thinks. So for now the moments merely ticked on past, both men absorbed in their own little worlds. This was quite often the case, but it spun the other way too. If they were quiet one minute, they could be in heated conversation the next or saving each other's asses from certain death. Hey, that's what friends are for, -okay, that may have only happened once or twice -but still, they had each other's backs. More or less. Markos could look after himself most of the time.

Taking a moment out of his reverie, a single eye had opened out of curiosity. He'd watched as Zheng had reached for the phone before pulling it out of his jacket. There was a message displayed on its surface for sure but from where he currently sat, there was no way he could possibly see what it said. Although by the man's expression alone you could tell it was good news. His eye had closed once again. A sigh being let go with yet more smoke. His curious nature easily satisfied it seemed by just knowing that things were still falling into their laps -but in all truth, there was no real point in knowing the rest, when It could've been one of many things. Lambda corp with it's hand in a serious number of pies; business dealings with different organisations and participants. It was like guessing that a pin was in a haystack, when there were many haystacks.

From his comfy seat at the desk, Markos could hear the man tapping a reply. Where once again the single eye had opened, side-glancing the boss and noting the satisfaction that was spread across Zheng's features when he turned around. Yeah, it was definitely good news alright. Job done.
                              Except, soon after noticing his trusty second in command perched in his favourite chair -feet on his shiny desk. It all soon evaporated into nothing like it never happened, melting down to a disappointed scowl, but the man knew all too well that Nimbus here wouldn't give up the seat -or budge one inch. This stubborn smoke cloud, holding true to his reputation and hanging around like a bad smell. With a grin, that was all he'd given in response to the boss' glare, while he waited to be reprimanded. wait for eeet.......there we go~...ah...it would never get old.

"Don't you have any work to do, or do you intend to stay in my chair all day?"

He'd chuckled, unable to hold his emotions in check. Nothing would ever come of it -I mean, it wasn't as though Zheng would torch his own office, just to get his chair back, right?...and besides a part of him had always believed that Zheng actually enjoyed the company his presence gave to the place, even though it usually came across as plain and simple annoyance.

"Nah....I'm on a break right now." He'd said matter-of-factly. "Hey, why'd you always say that like I'm some lazy a**, anyway? The work'll get done -just uh...not right now. Until then, this guy ain't movin. Sorry man." He'd shrugged casually. Saying it as though Zheng should've already known it was coming, before continuing on with his cigarette. Breathing in and out the fumes and fogging up the place like a chimney. A few minutes or so passed and just like clockwork, Zheng had taken out his own cigarette and lit it up. "Show off" He'd grumbled under his breath, with a hint of jealousy behind it, as he'd watched the man use his own nano-engineering instead of a lighter. He'd always wished he could do that; use fire instead of smoke, but at least he didn't have to worry about the second-hand smoke polluting his lungs. In fact, down to his nano-engineering, the extra fumes were doing him a favour of sorts.

"So, uh...everything running smoothly, I take it?" He said, motioning to the place where the phone had disappeared to, with a nod of his head. Attempting to spark up a new conversation and change the topic.

LAMBDA SECOND IN COMMAND
                                  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ location : lambda corp -- boss' office -- top floor
                                  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ mood : chilled
                                  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ company : zheng

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ooc : There, finally posted. xD

Gracious Gatekeeper

User Image
laeti
laetitri██ ` * EVERYBODY`SGOTTHEIRPROBLEMS
laeti
laetilaetilaetitriumphanteslaetitriumphanIT`S JUST A MATTER HOW YOU SOLVE THEM laetiIT`S JUST A MATTER HOW YOU SOLVE THEM laetiIT`S JUST A MATTER HOW YOU SOLVE THEM laetiIT`S JUST A MATTER HOW YOU SOLVE THEM laetiIT`S JUST A MATTER HOW YOU SOLVE THEM
laeti
laetilaetilaetitriumphanteslaetitriumphanteslaetitriumphanIT`S JUST A MATTER HOW YOU SOLVE THEM laetiIT`S JUST A MATTER HOW YOU SOLVE THEM laetiIT`S JUST A MATTER HOW YOU SOLVE THEM laetiIT`S JUST A MATTER HOW YOU SOLVE THEM laetiIT`S JUST A MATTER HOW YOU SOLVE THEM
laeti
laetitriumphanteslaetitriump EVERYBODY`SAYSTHESAMETHINGTOYOU »
laeti
laetitriumI CAN`T BELIEVE THIS HAPPENED TO YOU . laetiI CAN`T BELIEVE THIS HAPPENED TO YOU .laeti I CAN`T BELIEVE THIS HAPPENED TO YOU .
laetitriumI CAN`T BELIEVE THIS HAPPENED TO YOU . laetiI CAN`T BELIEVE THIS HAPPENED TO YOU .laeti I CAN`T BELIEVE THIS HAPPENED TO YOU .

laeti
laetitr████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
laeti
                          User Imagelaet
                          laetiand knowing how to change the things you`ve been through ▪▪
                          laeti
                          laetitriumphanteslaeti KNOWING ENDLESS CONSEQUENCESlaetiKNOWING ENDLESS CONSEQUENCES

Location:Zheng's Office xxx With: Erin/ Zheng/ Markos
                                                            Attire:Suitxxx Mood: Slightly Curious

"Half the price. . ." she drawled out in a questioning tone,but she was interrupted and ruby eyes cooly narrowed upon the man that stood before her. A man, looking to be around the same age as her, but clearly Korean in his ancestry. His jet black hair was cut short, and stood up in perfectly gelled spikes, adorning his head like small needles. He wore a charcoal grey suit, no real surprise there, not that she needed any more surprises after this little announcement of his. "Unless you need to be persuaded otherwise," he said as he showed off his freshly whitened teeth, and the grin that plastered his face was absent from her's. He drew a glock 17 out from his inner coat pocket and pointed it directly between her eyes, and all she did in return was blink slowly and c**k one of her eye brows. She looked at him and then his smug smile, and then behind him and subtly grinned. "No. I do not, but. . .I think they might," and the sound of guns being cocked and loaded erupted from behind him.

With her gloved hands balled into fists she rested them upon either of her hips, and leaning her slightly greased smeared face to the side, she just stared at him. Ya see," she begun, her voice a smooth drawl, "My men worked hard on that ride of yours, and they like their due payment,"and sliding her gloved hands smoothly into the pockets of her red overalls she begun to stroll leisurely towards him.Her voice was calm, collected, and annunciated certain words as her foot steps grew all the more silent, and with each steady step forward from her, he took a shaky step back. "Now, if you're gonna rob them of their hard earned money. . .well, they just might rob you of your life's savings." They had both stopped dead in their tracks, his gun pressing against the bridge of her nose, and her now crimson eyes softly burning against his coal black ones that were staring back into her's. "I-I-I-I'll shoot. . . " he stammered out, the gun shaking in his now weak grasp, and her eyes lit up in a certain curiosity"Oh really now. I'll have to change that," she said in a slightly aggravated tone and taking a step back she smacked the gun out of his grasp. Even though she smacked it at a normal rate the gun flew out of his grasp and across the room, landing smoothly against the ground and sliding to stop beneath one of her men's foot. "Now," she rolled smoothly out, reaching back into her pocket to pull something out, "Will that be credit. . . or credit?" and procured a device to make his payment.

He had paid the full amount that they had agreed upon in the first place, and left with a few glances back, her eyes trained on him and the red Porsche Spyder he was now flying away in. "Heh, I bet he doesn't think himself so high and mighty anymore," one of her men chimed out, but stopped in his tracks with the sideways glance that she gave him. "I wouldn't be certain on what anyone thinks," she said in a casual tone, leaning further back against one of the many steel tables in her garage. Her head was leaning back as her brought up hair rolled down her back, looking up but with closed eyes only to subtly quirk open when her ear piece chimed. She had an incoming message.Taking one hand off the table and tapping the ear piece a holographic screen scrolled out with the message in front of her face. 'Hey Lenny, I am going to be coming over soon. Got something you need to give to your boss. Much love,' oh Erin. Her eyes cooled from the crimson red that they were once before, to the deep ruby that they normally were. A soft curiosity formed upon her features, with her eyebrows softening and her demeanor relaxing. Wonder what job she got into today... she mused to herself, and pushing herself up and off the tabled she tucked away the screen and noted that someone was standing in front of her.

"Can I help you?" she asked another one of her workers, and the blue haired woman smiled coyly and said "You only look that way for one person. Her eye brow quirked and her lips slanted to the side, "Good to know you keep a tight nit on my facial expressions," and strode away. "Oh come on Lenore, tell me what you're up to," the woman protested, but she spoke up before she could say anything else. "That's boss while you're clocked in and," but she paused and looked back to see all of her men staring at her, "Erin is coming to visit." She didn't hold back the slight chuckle that came from her lips as a chorus of cheers erupted from them, and striding away she added in "But that doesn't mean you can slack on your work."Her men had fallen quiet as she felt their stares bore into her back, and without glancing back she added in with a wave Also,someone fine tune that security system of ours. I want to know how the hell that guy got a glock 17 in here." Guess she should get cleaned up if she was going upstairs.

She had taken a shower in the adjacent room and scrubbed off what grease and or oil had been on her. Her hair was wrapped up in a blue towel and her pants and shirt were on, and grabbing the vest she noted the discarded heaping pile of laundry she had to do. Her eyes trained on the laundry hamper eying it somewhat distastefully noting of all the overalls and jeans that were piling up in it. She never liked doing laundry but she knew that she had to, seeing as all she had left were her business suits and what fancy clothing Erin had bought for her. Len, one day you'll have to do it. You can't rely on me to always wash your clothes. She remembered those words perfectly even the laughter that came after it, and sighing she grabbed the overflowing basket and brought it to the upper portion of her garage where she had a washer and dryer ready. She had found her sketch book while going up there and while she waited for time to pass she opened it, strolling over to a stool that sat by a window towards the entrance of her garage and taking a seat upon it. Placing it down on a counter and reading what notes she had in it she took her hair out of the towel and begun french braiding it. She didn't get very far until the buzzer sounded and Erin popped up on screen,“I brought a present for you, Lenny! I'm also really hungry!" Well, guess she was here. She rolled her eyes and softly shook her head, and leaning forward she talked into the intercom.

"When aren't you hungry?" she said in a sarcastic tone as she tucked her book into her waist line and continue braiding her wet hair. Standing up from her spot on her stool she strolled over and noted the subtle glances from her men. It was no secret that Erin was popular amongst her men nor was it a secret to her what relationship they thought the two women had. But she couldn't care less about that right now, she was more interested in what Erin had procured. Finishing up her braid she buttoned her vest and opened the door for her to enter, "So what do you have for me this time? And speaking of presents. . . .eeh, I'll save that for later." The door closed behind her and she strode forward, her long white braid hitting against the back of her legs. As she walked she could hear the soft murmurs, see the grins and wipe them away with one look. "I'm going on my lunch break, you all know the drill. Keep up the good work."

For the most part they were happy, working on what project they had and she towing Erin softly away. "So, what were you up to this time?" she casually asked as they entered into the main building. Entering codes and doors automatically opening for the two of them. But as she asked she begun to hear the murmurs from the workers that lined the hallways. "Did you hear? Michael Richard is dead. Found in the Pink Panda. . . wonder who did him in?" She slowed in her strides as she watched the news, glancing briefly to the side and taking note of what Erin was wearing. An eyebrow quirked up and to the side, but as soon as she did it she softly shrugged it off. "Do you want another change of clothes if we're going out? It'll have to wait because first I want to stop by Zheng's office to drop off that package." She stayed quiet the rest of the way, only talking to the receptionist and then the girl calling Zheng to let them in. "Sir, you have Lenore and Erin here to see you," the receptionist chimed in, and now the waiting game.

[[ Ooc: Sorry it took so long >.< and blah ending is blah.]]
                                                            I FEEL SO USELESS IN THIS ! I FEEL SO USELESS IN THIS !
                                                            laetitriumphGET BACK . STEP BACK .
                                                            laetitriumphanteslaetiAND AS FOR ME , I CAN`T BELIEVE THAT PART OF ME WON`T AGREE . AND AS FOR ME , I CAN`T BELIEVE
                                                            laetitriumphanteslaetiAND AS FOR ME , I CAN`T BELIEVE THAT PART OF ME WON`T AGREE . AND AS FOR ME , I CAN`T BELIEVE

laeti
                                                            l× `cause i don`t know if it`s for sure anymore

laeti
                                                            laetitriumphSUDDENLY , SUDDENLY ; I DON`T FEEL SO INSECURE ANYMORE . SUDDENLY , SUDDENLY ; I DON`T FEEL SO INSECURE ANYMORE .
                                                            laeti
                                                            la██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
                                                            laet

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces