Welcome to Gaia! ::

Should I allow female characters? Anyone who already created a character would be allowed a rewrite.

Yes. 0.28571428571429 28.6% [ 2 ]
Just other characters. The characters being asked for should stay as only male. 0.28571428571429 28.6% [ 2 ]
No. 0.42857142857143 42.9% [ 3 ]
Total Votes:[ 7 ]
This poll closed on January 29, 2013.
No longer accepting new votes.
1 2 >

User Image

Let me tell you a story...
                              ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇

Our city: x

Welcome to the city of Halafax, one of the most prominent cities in the world. This city is home to a population of ten million inhabitants and is only growing. It is a port city and overlooks a beautiful water view known as Butterfly Bay. It is in the forefront of technology, fashion, and culture. In Halafax, you can find the corporations that design and manufacture the latest MP3 players, cell phones, computers, cars, or whatever else you can possibly think of. The fashion district is booming, the designers releasing the top styles week after week. Anyone who is anyone is sporting the latest trend. Seeing a model walk down the street is practically an every day occurrence in certain parts of the city and attending fashion shows is a common pastime for the wealthy. The restaurants and boutiques are simply to die for. Tourists often leave the city toting bags full of their purchases and the cuisine is unlike any in the world. The greatest chefs come to Halafax to work in the best and most exquisite establishments. Some of the greatest academies in the world are located in the city. The best high school in the city is known as Hegemony Academy and the most brilliant go there.

It is hard to believe that such a city has no real governing body. That's right. A little known fact is that Kenfax is ruled by four gangs: the Eagles, the Dragons, the Skulls, and the Knights. Each gang is responsible for a section of the city. The Eagles control the transportation sector in and around the city, such as subways, traffic lights, boats, trains, and airplanes/airports. They also encompass the city's intellect such as the scientists and the architects, people who can be labeled as creators and inventors. The Dragons are in control of the corporations, especially those who manufacture the technology that the city is known for. The Dragons are all about producing and selling a product. They often work very closely with the Eagles since they are the ones that can manufacture the ideas that the Eagles come up with and there is talk that the leaders of the two gangs are very close. The Skulls are responsible for a majority of the crime in the city, their members often found looting and stealing from various places. The Knights are the city's law enforcement and take on the job of policing the city for criminals. The leaders of the Knights and the Skulls have a deep hatred for each other and the Knights' leader wants desperately to arrest the Skulls' leader, although he has yet to have found any real just cause. All of the gangs except for the Skulls recruit most of their new members straight out of Hegemony Academy.

The leader of each gang is a powerful and influential person, but that is not all. The reason these four gangs are so powerful is that their leader, known as their King, has been born with a powerful skill. This skill, known as their Chi, manifests differently in each King. When a King dies, their Chi leaves their body and a random person wakes up with the power of a King. There are five of them: the First and Silver King, the Second and Gold King, the Third and Red King, the Fourth and Blue King, and the Fifth and Colorless King. The Colorless King doesn't control a gang, at least not to the extent that the other four Kings do, and is a very secretive individual. Little is know about him even to the other Kings.

Official Gang members are able to wield their King's power because the King is able to bestow his Chi to others personally. A Gang member will have the same abilities as his King, but the King will be more powerful. A Gangmember's Chi can also be taken away by their King and if a King dies, all of his Gang members lose their powers. A Gang member also isn't bound to one King, but it is rare that more than one King will bestow their Chi into a single Gangmember.

Welcome to Halafax. Welcome to the Doghouse.

READ MORE→
User Image

Now, we have some rules here...
                              ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇

The general rules do apply. This means follow the TOS. Don't god-mod. No sexy times in the thread. All that good stuff. Cursing, violence, and romance is allowed and encouraged, but don't go so overboard that you break any rules. Gaia has rules and we should follow them. Also, please, for the love of god, read everything carefully. I know it is kind of a lot and it goes onto another thread, but the role play will go much more smoothly if we all know what is going on. Basically, make sure you read this thread. Feel free to ask me questions if you're confused. I don't bite.

Please be active. I can't stress this enough. I've had so many wonderful role plays end because people just stopped posting for some unexplainable reason. I understand that there's a day here and there where you can't post. I understand, I get them too, but if you're gone more than a few days with no word to me or anyone else, then I will toss your character and look for a replacement. Especially if this is one of the characters I have asked for. Really, all of that can be avoided if you send me a PM explaining the situation.

This is a literate role play. I don't have any set paragraphs or what-have-you because I am a quality over quantity person, but please use your judgement. Also, standard rules of english apply. I understand we all have the occasional typo, but any more than that and I'm going to be angry. Most computers have a spell check feature. Use it.

I want interesting characters. Your character doesn't have to be one of the ones I asked for. Any of the Gangs can easily have more members and I'm perfectly fine with that. You can even create a character that isn't in any of the gangs or might be in another gang. Maybe they're a student at the Hegemony Academy. Throughout the course of the role play, the gangs may lose and gain members and maybe that character is yours. The only "gang" that has a set limit is the Colorless King, but you may become his Gang member if the Colorless King makes you one. You just can't join the role play as a Colorless King member unless you are one of the two already affiliated with him. Also, please stay within the set ages for the characters unless you have a really good reason for them being younger or older. Obviously, all the characters have to be males because this is a m/m role play. I may open this role play up to allow female characters if enough people want me to, but for now, male characters only. Feel free to have as many characters as you want, but you are limited to one character per gang. Any type of picture is fine. I'm using anime for this role play, but I have used real people before so whatever you want to use, I'm totally cool with it. I just ask that you make your posts pretty. Okay?

Now it's time for reservations. To reserve, I want you to PM me the reservation with the name of the Gang as the title of the PM. If your character has no affiliation, just type "Other". In the PM, fill this out and have a link to some samples somewhere in the PM.
                              [imgleft]http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg85/Moonshadow12/150x150img_zps52dbaa30.png[/imgleft][color=white]x[/color][color=either silver, gold, red, blue, or black unless your character has no affiliation. Then you get to pick a color that isn't one of those 5. ][size=18][b][u]Title of your character. If your character isn't one of the ones I'm asking for, then you get to come up with your own title.[/u][/b][/size][/color]
                              [color=white]x[/color][size=11]Character Name | Age | username[/size]
                              [spoiler]If it's a character I asked for, don't bother putting anything here. If it's a completely original one, then you get write a sentence or two describing the basics of your character and how he fits in. [/spoiler]

The skeleton isn't as easy, folks. When I give you the okay, make a thread wherever you want, probably the test forums board, and fill out your profile in it. Title it your character's name. Make it pretty. I like that stuff. When you're done, send me the link. You have a day to do so. I also expect you to update this as the role play goes on.
                              Post one
                              picture of your character
                              Name of character
                              Affiliation
                              Title
                              Sexuality
                              A link to this role play

Post two
                              another picture
                              History (Include some sort of explanation as to why they're in the gang that they're in.)
                              Likes (5)
                              Dislikes (5)

Post three
                              third picture
                              This is the relationship post.
                              Basically, who are they're friends, crushes, people they hate, ect.
                              As more people join and the role play progresses, please turn this into a running list of your character's opinions on other characters.

Do what you want with the rest of it.

Note: Before we start the role play, I want the position of the 5 kings filled. If you don't want to play a king (which is perfectly fine), spread the word around so we can get this started!
User Image

User Image

Where did everyone go...?
                              ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇

A run down of what all the characters are doing.
User Image

I have something to show you...
                              ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇

OOC
User Image

Reserved...
                              ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
User Image

Reserved...
                              ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
User Image

Reserved...
                              ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
User Image

Reserved...
                              ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
User Image

Reserved...
                              ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
User Image

Reserved...
                              ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
User Image

Reserved...
                              ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
User Image

Open...
                              ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇

Greedy Lionheart

6,125 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
User Image
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

This was the worst time to be in Halafax. Tony's murder had driven Janus into such a state that it was intolerable to be next to him half the time. Erik sighed and buried his face the collar of his jacket. 'This city is descending into hell and Janus would be the one to burn it down.' He mutters to himself. He tucked his long blue hair behind an ear and passed by familiar faces of his nightly coworkers with a smile.

The orders for today are simple. Listen for anything you can find about the Colorless King. A steady gust of wind and the sound of engines tore through the street and a glance up told him the Eagles were about. That airship was unmistakable. The whole city was caught up in a shitstorm over this. The Knights were interviewing every street corner prostitute (including Erik himself) and penny whore about the whereabouts of the dude the night he died and literally, no progress had been made to date. All this running about like dying chickens had started grating on Eriks nerves. He bit his lip and turned the corner, dodging bodies on his way from the Empirica. Maybe finding someone new would be able to keep his mind away from the daily grind.

xxxxx
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
xxxxx
User ImageXXXXXUser ImageXXXXXUser Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas