Welcome to Gaia! ::

I play guitar anyone got any tips on writing music and making songs?
Just let the music flow eek
Break up with your girlfriend. Congratulations, you are now emo.
okay but for making tunes i always get other songs stuck in my head how do i avoid copying a songs tune
Just write about whatever, write about the government, love, hate, the dark arts, battles from the dark ages or even your thoughts on the price of fishsticks O.o
Start learning scales, alot of scales... I know about 3 scales ( I mean all the way know, all over the neck of the guitar, and I can figure out any scale I find at this point. )

But learn all the scales you can, thats how I make up most of the lead guitar parts for my band with just one scale that I figured out. ( not sure what its called... it easy to make-up a scale )

But if your going all out making a full song... still learn the notes on the guitar neck, and learn what go togeather to form a great note. When I'm not shredding, ( completely random notes as fast as I can... ) I'm playing classical music that I make... people always ask how I do it too, it gets really annoying... but just find out what notes go togeather... thats something you just need to do.
Hobo34
okay but for making tunes i always get other songs stuck in my head how do i avoid copying a songs tune

Thats how most songs are created, taking other peoples songs and changing it around so it seems nothing like that original song. Not all songs are like this... but most can say "Wow that sounds alot like this song..."
oh that would be a great song *the price of fishsticks is so very higHHHHH*
Listen to music.
Listen to what you like.
Listen to what you don't like.
Draw a little from everything, creating something new.

That's what I do.
so it just kinda comes naturally? just messing around?
play it over and over and over again till ya sick of it! that way u know it and you know how to improve it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff