Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hello and welcole to the official thread of the famous early 1990's australian band, Savage Garden. Not much going on here yet but hopefully we'll have more people soon! x3
NEWS

As many fans know, Savage Garden broke up in 2001. People have said that Daniel wanted to take a break from the band, that they never really intended to break up. Darren, however, had said in an interview that the band had broken up, leaving Daniel rather upset. The other 'known' reason was because, like most causes, they both had musical differences.

More Information

Band Information

Darren Hayes

Date of Birth: May 8, 1972 in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Star Sign: Taurus
Lives: Logan City
Hair: Black
Eyes: Grey/Blue (take your pick!)
Height: 178cm
Shoe Size: 8.5-9
Siblings: 1 brother, 1 sister
Schooling: Mabel Park Infants, Mabel Park High
Pastime: movies, shopping, surfing the net
Favorite Music: U2, Sarah McLachlan
Early Musical Influences: Prince, The Smiths, Fleetwood Mac, Marvin Gaye, Diana Ross & Duran Duran.
Favorite T.V Shows: Seinfeld, Mad About You, Friends, Ellen and The David Letterman Show.
Favorite Movies: Star Wars, Blade Runner, Sling Blade
Favorite Songs On Album: "Carry On Dancing" & "Santa Monica" (although Darren has said that their newest songs usually become his favorites!)

Darren Hayes was born on the 8th May, 1972 in Brisbane, Australia. He is currently at age thirty-three. Darren was the youngest of three and he admits that he's always wanted some sort of career in music. He is the lead singer, who also does background vocals as well. Early musical influences for Darren include Diana Ross and the Supremes, Marvin Gaye and '80's pop music like The Smiths and Duran Duran. He enjoys listening to Michael Jackson and Prince as well.

Daniel Jones

Date of Birth: July 22, 1973 in Essex, London, England
Star Sign:Cancer
Lives: Logan City
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Blue/Green (take your pick!)
Height: 180cm
Shoe Size: 9
Siblings: 2 brothers; Jonathan & Oliver
Schooling: Shailer Park High
Pastime: Jet-skiing, writing music on his laptop
Favorite Music: George Michael, Sheryl Crow
Favorite Food:He loves chocolate, pasta, Time Out chocolate bars, Coca-Cola, hot chips and especially satay chicken.
Favorite Actors: Jack Nicholson, Al Pacino and Meg Ryan
Favorite T.V Shows:: Seinfeld and The Simpsons
Early Musical Influences: Peter Gabriel, XTC, Tears For Fears
Favorite Actor: Meg Ryan
Favorite Songs On The Album: "To The Moon & Back" & "Truly, Madly, Deeply"

Daniel Jones was born on the 23rd July, 1973 in Essex, England. He is currently at age thirty-one. Daniel is (like Darren) also the youngest of three and he moved to Brisbane, Australia at a young age and was raised there for most of his life. He is pretty much multi-talented: an electronical whiz, the band's sequencer, keyboardist AND guitarist. Daniel also does occasional background vocals. Growing up, Daniel's musical influences include: Gabriel, XTC and Tears for Fears. Though he doesn't often listen to commercial music, he enjoys listening to Sheryl Crow and George Michael.

How They Came To Be

Savage Garden is a pop influenced band with two members: Darren Hayes and Daniel Jones. The two met when Daniel was auditioning lead singers for his band, Oz Rock. Darren tried and the two clicked immediately. They both had a mutual love and respect for music and had a feeling that their meeting was the beginning of something big. As you may have guessed, Oz Rock eventually went their separate ways and Darren and Daniel stayed together despite the breakup. They decided to send copies of their demo tapes all around and waited eagerly and confidently for a response.
Sure enough, the duo was signed to a major record label and is now the pop sensation Savage Garden that we know to date. Many people wonder:

How did Savage Garden choose their name? Well, believe it or not, Darren and Daniel had many names that interested them before they came upon Savage Garden, however, they were all taken by other artists. Both admit that choosing their name was a very frustrating experience. "Savage Garden", which comes from the Vampire Chronicles of Anne Rice. Explains Darren, "Vampires call their world a savage garden. Their world is primitive and savage."

Information taken from: Fiorenza's Savage Garden Homepage

Quotes

Links
The Savage Garden Current Obsessors List domokun
News On Darren Haye's Solo Career
bumping should be outlawed
Out of Silent Planet
bumping should be outlawed

I wasn't bumping. I was saving posts because I'm planning on useing them for things like News of the band, pictures etc.
ANARCHY!! -giggles-
sorry i had too lol
SAVAGE GARDEN!!! WHOO! I LOVE THEIR MUSIC!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

They are so hot too!
Hehe, I guess it's safe to say that you can post now ;D. I just need to work on the info/pictures/news etc...
The photos have now been added and for the most part, this place is done. I will go back and do a few touch ups whenever I find more things.

Discussion:

What SG song is most relateing/inspiring/etc to you?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff