Welcome to Gaia! ::

Liberal Voter

8,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
NOW HES DEAD AND IM GAY
really tho the score for There Will Be Blood was wicked

Are you THATS DISAPPOINTING JERRY's 2nd account?
Adyman182
NOW HES DEAD AND IM GAY

why

did you put him on ignore or something
NOW HES DEAD AND IM GAY
Adyman182
NOW HES DEAD AND IM GAY

why

He's not there yet. Maybe link him the lemon fanfic of thom Yorke,Johnny greenwood and ed sucking and ******** each other and we'll see.
THATS DISAPPOINTING JERRY
NOW HES DEAD AND IM GAY
Adyman182
NOW HES DEAD AND IM GAY

why

He's not there yet. Maybe link him the lemon fanfic of thom Yorke,Johnny greenwood and ed sucking and ******** each other and we'll see.

NOW HES DEAD AND IM GAY
NOW HES DEAD AND IM GAY
Adyman182
NOW HES DEAD AND IM GAY

why

thats a fantastic video, i've been trying to get my irl friend into performance art type s**t like this and he can make props/costumes.

Loyal Friend

7,600 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100

Liberal Voter

8,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
NOW HES DEAD AND IM GAY
Adyman182
NOW HES DEAD AND IM GAY

why

Alright, what's the grudge here? I realized we had different opinions from the first post. But since you two guys seem so connected, maybe you can do that sucking and ******** in real life right now.

Look, guys, you're posting stuff off topic. Either post an answer to the topic question instead of taking shots at me, or just go and be nice or evil somewhere else?
Adyman182
NOW HES DEAD AND IM GAY
Adyman182
NOW HES DEAD AND IM GAY

why

Alright, what's the grudge here? I realized we had different opinions from the first post. But since you two guys seem so connected, maybe you can do that sucking and ******** in real life right now.

Look, guys, you're posting stuff off topic. Either post an answer to the topic question instead of taking shots at me, or just go and be nice or evil somewhere else?

Wait so stating facts about the band radiohead is basicly insulting you?

Huh?

Liberal Voter

8,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
Adyman182
NOW HES DEAD AND IM GAY
Adyman182
NOW HES DEAD AND IM GAY

why

Huh?

Alright, you're a troll. You know these are just opinions. And that wasn't even the question of the topic at all. If you have a grudge against Radiohead, you can just say it. They didn't sign you an autograph? You're jealous? You think Thommy is not hardcore enough? Go troll somewhere else, and reply to the actual topics of conversation. Pro tip: If you changed your username, maybe it wouldn't be so obvious that your main goal is trolling.
Adyman182
Adyman182
NOW HES DEAD AND IM GAY

why

Huh?

Alright, you're a troll. You know these are just opinions. And that wasn't even the question of the topic at all. If you have a grudge against Radiohead, you can just say it. They didn't sign you an autograph? You're jealous? You think Thommy is not hardcore enough? Go troll somewhere else, and reply to the actual topics of conversation. Pro tip: If you changed your username, maybe it wouldn't be so obvious that your main goal is trolling.

only babies and dorks use terms like trolling.

it is a factual truth that radiohead is a propped up generic rock band that are only famous because of the record label they joined. even when they went all experimental it was just badly done dance music. jonny greenwood threw some decent arrangement at whatever whiney mewling thom yorke could produce at the time and then they sold a million records but none of that denotes that any of the music could actually hold up over time which it didn't.

it still sounds like you think by stating facts about the band radiohead is the same as directly insulting you which it isn't and i'm not.

Liberal Voter

8,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
Adyman182
Adyman182
NOW HES DEAD AND IM GAY

why

Huh?

it is a factual truth that radiohead is a propped up generic rock band that are only famous because of the record label they joined. even when they went all experimental it was just badly done dance music. jonny greenwood threw some decent arrangement at whatever whiney mewling thom yorke could produce at the time and then they sold a million records but none of that denotes that any of the music could actually hold up over time which it didn't.

it still sounds like you think by stating facts about the band radiohead is the same as directly insulting you which it isn't and i'm not.

******** off with that bullshit, you're not a god damn music critic. Opinions are not facts, kid. Radiohead is ranked 1st on two sites that would actually know s**t about music since they dedicated their site on thousands of albums. Almost every Radiohead album was critically acclaimed (check sourced Wikipedia). These are opinions too, but what you're saying isn't a fact, it's just an unpopular opinion if you really have a grudge against them and really dislike them. And I'm not talking just about Radiohead. They're not even my favorite band, I could care more about Thommy and friends but if you don't like this whole genre and sound, then we've got nothing to talk about.

http://www.besteveralbums.com/overall.php?rank=1#227

http://rateyourmusic.com/customchart
Adyman182
Adyman182
Adyman182

Huh?

******** off with that bullshit, you're not a god damn music critic. Opinions are not facts, kid. Radiohead is ranked 1st on two sites that would actually know s**t about music since they dedicated their site on thousands of albums. Almost every Radiohead album was critically acclaimed (check sourced Wikipedia). These are opinions too, but what you're saying isn't a fact, it's just an unpopular opinion if you really have a grudge against them and really dislike them. And I'm not talking just about Radiohead. They're not even my favorite band, I could care more about Thommy and friends but if you don't like this whole genre and sound, then we've got nothing to talk about.

so? you act as if those sites are reputable based off the fact that you linked them.

i mean think about the logic of having to compare and rank music in general? doesn't that seem a little childish considering your not really supposed to do that with music because music is art and not competition.

not a single bit of this changes the hackjob careers of some guys who decided to be so haughty as to be a multi million record selling band just to come out with an album where you pay what you want. what did they care they already made enough money to live on for the rest of their lives their just being noice guys right?

emi marketed that band as the updated 90's pink floyd and it worked.

Liberal Voter

8,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
Adyman182
Adyman182
Adyman182

Huh?

so? you act as if those sites are reputable based off the fact that you linked them.

i mean think about the logic of having to compare and rank music in general? doesn't that seem a little childish considering your not really supposed to do that with music because music is art and not competition.

not a single bit of this changes the hackjob careers of some guys who decided to be so haughty as to be a multi million record selling band just to come out with an album where you pay what you want. what did they care they already made enough money to live on for the rest of their lives their just being noice guys right?

No one should care about that as their music is great.

And I don't even see anything bad in that, almost every famous band had a multi million record and there's nothing wrong with them dishing out albums for pay what you want later instead of continuing to grab money for 50 minutes of audio. They evolved. Nothing hackjob about that. You're praising the band here.

90's Pink Floyd? Sure. They're as great of a band as them, whether you like it or not.
Adyman182
Adyman182
Adyman182

No one should care about that as their music is great.

And I don't even see anything bad in that, almost every famous band had a multi million record and there's nothing wrong with them dishing out albums for pay what you want later instead of continuing to grab money for 50 minutes of audio. They evolved. Nothing hackjob about that. You're praising the band here.

90's Pink Floyd? Sure. They're as great of a band as them, whether you like it or not.

i'll put it to you in food terms, radiohead and most of pink floyd is pretty much like mcdonalds. mcdonalds sells s**t tons of product but would you say what they make is good?

also only those who dont make music have the opinion of what radiohead did with their pay what you want was just fine. it didn't neuter the music industry or anything and caused the music industry to slowly collapse under the weight of millions of people who pay what they want [nothing] for disposable music like radiohead.

i'm not arguing the point to be a d**k with you i'm arguing the point because radiohead is objectively bad. it's marketed to half thinkers,teenagers,and late 90's hipsters as a means to keep emi going.[which they dont even do that since they left emi to be completely unproductive] now they dont even really tour or focus on music as a craft they just piddle around in uninteresting side projects and maybe one to five shows a year.

like i said the only talent in the band was greenwood and lo and behold all he did was rip off minimalists and other classical composer's for his movie scores and arrangements with his wash-up main band radiohead.

i mean when you think about it all that band ends up being is some accending/decending melodies with thom yorkes mewling over the top of with while the lead guitarist fiddles with a computer more than his guitar. "oh wow,look at their light show they look so cool and avant futurist" when bands who have big stage setups like that they are only over compensating for a lack of musical depth.

Liberal Voter

8,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
Quote:
i'll put it to you in food terms, radiohead and most of pink floyd is pretty much like mcdonalds. mcdonalds sells s**t tons of product but would you say what they make is good?

No. That's teen pop. I don't know what hipster bands do you listen to but Radiohead is the intellectual cream of the crop among critics, not just hipster 90's teenagers as you said. Now I don't listen to people's opinions but I would rather listen to top critics on acclaimed websites even Wikipedia lists as credible sources, then just a random guy on the Internet. Really, your opinion is among the minority so I really have no reason to listen to you. Guys like Justin Bieber are hated by half of the world, but I find Radiohead the one mainstream band with the least hate. If not, then you name some?

Quote:
also only those who dont make music have the opinion of what radiohead did with their pay what you want was just fine. it didn't neuter the music industry or anything and caused the music industry to slowly collapse under the weight of millions of people who pay what they want [nothing] for disposable music like radiohead.

Disposable as in "I don't like it, so no one should". I don't find anything wrong with pay what you want for any artist because every music to me is disposable enough (just 50 minutes of audio at the end of the day) to be free. I'm not saying making music is easy, but it's ridiculous to see musicians walking around with millions of dollars while our parents have to work 100x harder jobs just to survive. Maybe music shouldn't be free but it should definitively be cheaper. I even support piracy.

Quote:
i'm not arguing the point to be a d**k with you i'm arguing the point because radiohead is objectively bad.

No. Just no. Just no. No. Are you really that smart to think that what all of these experienced music critics praise is objectively bad? One guy. One guy says this against everyone I've ever heard talk about Radiohead outside forums and YouTube comments (There's no band without hate these days)

Quote:
it's marketed to half thinkers,teenagers,and late 90's hipsters as a means to keep emi going.[which they dont even do that since they left emi to be completely unproductive]

Way to contradict yourself here about EMI. And your statement about who this music is marketed to is complete baloney. Radiohead isn't teen pop, and they never were, regardless of their sound. I don't think a band with music that serious would be attracting just teenagers and half thinkers. Just LOL. Their lyrics are praised, mention nothing about its market audience, are deep (Even I can't understand them sometimes, and trust me, I've been around the corner a few times) and I don't think morons would listen to something other than pop. And overall, their sound is just too good for me to believe your s**t anyways.

Quote:
now they dont even really tour or focus on music as a craft they just piddle around in uninteresting side projects and maybe one to five shows a year.
Eh, so? Their choice. They stated they've done everything they could in music and are sick of the industry itself.

Quote:
like i said the only talent in the band was greenwood and lo and behold all he did was rip off minimalists and other classical composer's for his movie scores and arrangements with his wash-up main band radiohead.

Talented as in "musically educated" Those guys wrote better songs than some bands whose members are all about that. Talent in music is related to the subjective opinion of the listener. And yours is unpopular. That's all. You're not bashing on Kesha that has haters all around here.

Quote:
i mean when you think about it all that band ends up being is some accending/decending melodies with thom yorkes mewling over the top of with while the lead guitarist fiddles with a computer more than his guitar. "oh wow,look at their light show they look so cool and avant futurist" when bands who have big stage setups like that they are only over compensating for a lack of musical depth.

This leads me to my main point: Don't think all of this is objective. Well, you can think that if you want, but it's a fact that it's all subjective. You can be Slash playing technical death metal which no one can play, but the thing is, if your music doesn't sound well to the ears, it's nothing. I'd rather listen to white noise, or nothing for that matter. I think ambient is one of the best music genres out there, and I think even I can release a record like that. It's all about what's pleasing to the ears. The band can do everything they want outside of their music, they can be the biggest douchebags in the world, I don't really care about that, I'd just listen to their music because I can't and don't want their personal life on my iPod while I'm chilling in my garden, listening to just music.

When it comes to their sound, why yes, that's music to me, and way more. I'm not even a big fan of Thom's vocals, but that's the music that brings out the most emotion in me, which music should do. Like the example I posted with ambient: The artist doesn't have to be talented.
You mostly described their music with their 00's albums, while OK Computer didn't have half of those things and that was the pinnacle of music, the greatest album of all time to me. Their last album was alright, but their worst one to me because of all the electronica and non-rock stuff I'm not into; and on that I can partially agree with you, but when Radiohead was full rock, up to OK Computer and partially until In Rainbows, their sound to the ears was best thing ever, and millions of rock fans agree.

So still, main point: Yes, this is all subjective. Yes, your opinion, opinion, is unpopular. You can think what you want but facts and popular opinions still stand.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff