Welcome to Gaia! ::

Greetings all. I am fairly new in my practice that doesn't quite fall under Wicca, Pagan, or Witchery and I know I am a long way off before being able to properly refer to myself as a true Wiccan / Pagan / Witch (whichever I finally decide it falls under), but I had a few questions for others who may dabble in these practices.

Firstly this is something that I have never told anyone, my family and friends aren't aware that I am a practicer of a "New Age" religion. Secondly, I almost shudder when I refer to what I practice as "religion", am I alone here? To me it's almost more an ebb and flow of life and force and everyone and everything is inside of it, something that I can tap into and dance on the edge of... but now I'm off topic.

Essentially, I was wondering how one would deal with practicing in secret. Having no one to share my practice with, no one to speak with, to learn from, or to grow with is making this a slow process and I long to extend a connection to some.

Please, no judging, criticizing, or being cruel. Only helpful, positive posts. Thank you.

Sparkly Shapeshifter

12,950 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Uhm, do stuff in your room?

I can't say it will be legit work, mostly because I think religious stuff in general is just not legit, but feel free to express yourself however you want. If you're not hurting anyone, or breaking any laws, be as Wiccan as you want to be, and don't worry about what people think of you.

If you think your parents might react violently to your new religion, maybe keep it a secret from them, for your own safety.

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
This is not the appropriate forum for this.
While the title of the sub forum is "Morality and Religion" it is a sub forum of, and thus subject to the rules of, Extended Discussion.

The Supernatural forum is probably what you were looking for.
CuAnnan
While the title of the sub forum is "Morality and Religion" it is a sub forum of, and thus subject to the rules of, Extended Discussion.

Not at all, for the belief in what is widely considered a "religion" is not defined as "supernatural" and therefore would fall under the topic of discussion: religion and morality, hence why I put it here. Now if I were talking about UFO,s or doing seances with results, that would fall under "supernatural".

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
xpexila13
Not at all, for the belief in what is widely considered a "religion" is not defined as "supernatural" and therefore would fall under the topic of discussion: religion and morality, hence why I put it here. Now if I were talking about UFO,s or doing seances with results, that would fall under "supernatural".

Remember the way I said that this sub forum was a sub forum of Extended Discussion and therefore subject to its rules?
Perhaps you should read those rules now.
And then read the M&R rules.

When you see how little what you have posted conforms to what is expected, perhaps you will come to understand why I suggested the supernatural forum.

Because you seem to think you can ask that people only post positive replies.
Which kinda flies in the face of the fundamental purpose for this forum.

Now, if you want to provide something worthy of discussion about Wicca, Witchcraft or Paganism, feel free to do so now but, right now you have not done so.
xpexila13
Greetings all. I am fairly new in my practice that doesn't quite fall under Wicca, Pagan, or Witchery and I know I am a long way off before being able to properly refer to myself as a true Wiccan / Pagan / Witch (whichever I finally decide it falls under), but I had a few questions for others who may dabble in these practices.

Firstly this is something that I have never told anyone, my family and friends aren't aware that I am a practicer of a "New Age" religion. Secondly, I almost shudder when I refer to what I practice as "religion", am I alone here? To me it's almost more an ebb and flow of life and force and everyone and everything is inside of it, something that I can tap into and dance on the edge of... but now I'm off topic.

Essentially, I was wondering how one would deal with practicing in secret. Having no one to share my practice with, no one to speak with, to learn from, or to grow with is making this a slow process and I long to extend a connection to some.

Please, no judging, criticizing, or being cruel. Only helpful, positive posts. Thank you.

The only positive thing I can say is, this doesn't work. It's only going to cause you hell. Do not consider this. This is a loving warning for you.
xpexila13

I think there maybe a guild you can join? http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds-home/the-crooked-way-a-traditional-witchcraft-guild/g.5820/

Familiar Fairy

7,700 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
CuAnnan

That's rude.
If that's where Wicca belongs then so does Christianity.

Familiar Fairy

7,700 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
The disciple_Leon Camero
xpexila13

The only positive thing I can say is, this doesn't work. It's only going to cause you hell. Do not consider this. This is a loving warning for you.

*note* Wiccans don't believe in Hell dramallama

Familiar Fairy

7,700 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Don't worry friend, you're not alone. I just started learning about 5 months ago and I still haven't done any sort of practice yet. Right now, I've just been doing research in books and online. But if you want my advice, having no one to share with, you should do some research of your own. Learn some spells, maybe start a BOS. Also check out social media. There are some great pages on facebook and instagram.
Look around, maybe find a wiccan shop close by to get your materials from but if you can't that's ok, that just means looking harder in the mundane stores like walmart lol
And when you want to do some practice alone, try looking around for nearby woods or fields.
If you have any questions you can pm me smile

Krule Keke's Significant Otter

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
GuardianAngel_Luna

That's rude.

"Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

This thread is not a valid thread based on the rules and guidelines of this forum. That is why it belongs in the SNF. It's not because it's a Wicca thread.

"Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn."

Quote:

Source?

Quote:

Are you claiming to be a Wiccan?

Familiar Fairy

7,700 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Calelith
GuardianAngel_Luna

That's rude.

This thread is not a valid thread based on the rules and guidelines of this forum. That is why it belongs in the SNF. It's not because it's a Wicca thread.

Quote:

Source?

Quote:

Are you claiming to be a Wiccan?

I'm claiming to be learning about wicca and I have been for 6 months now and for a "source" that wiccan don't believe in hell is that "hell" is based in Christianity. Everything I've read and heard has mentioned the Summerland where the soul goes until it is ready to be reincarnated.

Krule Keke's Significant Otter

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
GuardianAngel_Luna

I'm claiming to be learning about wicca and I have been for 6 months now and for a "source" that wiccan don't believe in hell is that "hell" is based in Christianity. Everything I've read and heard has mentioned the Summerland where the soul goes until it is ready to be reincarnated.

That's not a source by the way.

Do you know what the Ardanes are?

Blessed Friend

psychopath-xpexila
I am fairly new in my practice that doesn't quite fall under Wicca, Pagan, or Witchery and I know I am a long way off before being able to properly refer to myself as a true Wiccan / Pagan / Witch (whichever I finally decide it falls under), but I had a few questions for others who may dabble in these practices.

That's wise. Wicca, and several other witchcraft and Pagan practices, traditionally requires initiation before taking on the label. It's good to be cautious and not rush into that too quickly.

psychopath-xpexila
I almost shudder when I refer to what I practice as "religion", am I alone here?

Religion, to me, simply means a re-linking with divinity, since that's the linguistic makeup of the word. I think people who feel squicky about the word are those who come from a religion with which they disagree. Give yourself time to get past that negativity, if that's your experience.

psychopath-xpexila
Please, no judging, criticizing...

This IS "Extended Discussion" which invites analysis.

Shirtless Werewolf

-----------------------------------------------------------User Image-vworp vworp----

A lot of how you would practice if you prefer to remain a 'close practitioner' would all depend upon your living situation. Do you live alone? Roommates? With your parents? Etc.
What would you use to describe the path you are on? Do you employ rituals? A sacred space? Feel the need for a book of shadows? Etc.

--hello sexy---

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces