Sandokiri
XxTheVeganVampirexX
Artistic Layman

arrow They turn religion into a straw-man in order to ridicule it and attack it in a very taunting and childish fashion, boiling it down to its more outrageous and atavistic practices from its most extreme forms so that they can show how evil and corrupt religion truly is and how brainwashed and deluded people are. They forget there are very level-headed believers and they also forget that atheists can be as bad as some of the more virulent theists.

arrow Religion might be organized, but ideas of the supernatural and superior forces are as old as the human species. To some it might be absurd and unnecessary, but to others it's as essential as water and bread. Atheists cannot pretend it can be dropped like that, or that getting rid of it will solve all of the conflicts and issues.

arrow I'm an atheist myself and I feel second-hand embarrassment.

Jumping Jehosaphat

I like Richard Darwkins

He's sorta the Fred Phelps of the atheist movement, along with the president of American Atheists. Douchebags of a feather.

Just to be sure: are you perhaps confusing Richard Dawkins and Richard Carrier? Because I was under the impression that Carrier's the one who went balls-deep into Atheism Plus and became one of its most vocal attack-dogs.

I know I'm late on this, but yes you're correct Richard Carrier was the one who advocated atheism plus, not Richard Dawkins.

There's actually a video on YouTube of Richard Dawkins saying that atheism plus was a mistake for the skeptic community.