So you have relativist morality?
Just like everyone else.

I certainly don't.

Shameless Mystic

No-Mi-Jutsu-Yu
Aporeia
Lucky~9~Lives
Aporeia
1. Help when asked, offer when when not.
2. Harm only when in danger
3. Lies are unacceptable, deception is not.
4. Take only what is needed, give what is not.

Define help; define harm; define need.
Help is subjective, and differs from situation to situation. Harm is less so, but can range from emotional harm to death, whatever is non-negotiable. Need is need, I don't take the word lightly; if you don't have what you need, you suffer injury, debilitation, or death. Give what you don't need. Don't horde, and don't live wastefully.
So, communism?
I would consider myself communist-leaning in my idealist political side, but this isn't really well connected. This is a code of personal ethics, so it's good to keep that in mind.

Zealot

Ulrich
I certainly don't.
I'm sure you don't think you do.
Dieu des hommes
Ulrich
I certainly don't.

But I do think I do.

Enduring Seeker

6,475 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Marathon 300
Kantian Ethics
Ethics in general

You're right, threads on ethics are pretty rare here. Ironic, huh? sweatdrop

Commander in Chief

Nerdologist
Kantian Ethics
Ethics in general

You're right, threads on ethics are pretty rare here. Ironic, huh? sweatdrop
Did you know that I love you so much it clogs my arteries and I pass out and then drool for 86.4 minutes? IT IS TRUE! BYE BYE FOR NOW - BYE!

Zealot

Ulrich
Dieu des hommes
Ulrich
I certainly don't.

But I do think I do.
I need to stop typing on my kindle. Take away the don't and that'll be more like it.

Commander in Chief

Dieu des hommes
Ulrich
Dieu des hommes
Ulrich
I certainly don't.

But I do think I do.
I need to stop typing on my kindle. Take away the don't and that'll be more like it.
Did you know that today is my birthday and that animals are going to take over Gaia and then you will all have to bow down before the animal overlords? Unless you are animals, in which case you will get extra cake. I'm excited for this! Have a birthday treat for animals! Byebye!
No-Mi-Jutsu-Yu
Dieu des hommes
No-Mi-Jutsu-Yu
I am sure there are extremes you could consider unethical, such as the holocaust. So why insist? I understand if life dies or continues its universally neutral. But from a human perspective it'd be unethical for us to exterminate each other so largely. So I don't really understand how you could have this position still when you acknowledge we can increase or decrease other's suffering.
Sure I'd consider it bad and quite frankly disgusting; but I don't think there is anything intrinsically unethical about it.
So it'd me ethical in certain circumstances you think? Which circumstances?
Certain things about the Holocaust would be considered ethical under different circumstance, so, what is it you're asking exactly?
To me, ethics is linked to order. An ethical act is one done to maintain or restore order in some place.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff