Welcome to Gaia! ::

The scriptures were not written to be scrutinized by scholars
nor written for science to prove or disprove,
nor written for philosophers to philosophize about,

Nor written for nonbelievers to understand or ask for proof from man.

The scriptures, being God breathed, are written in a language that no one can interpret or fully understand or follow without the spirit of God. The Holy Spirit, given to us through Jesus Christ is what gives us the power to know the scriptures, and there is nothing else that stands next to it in comparison, nor close behind it.

The scriptures, being written by the power and Spirit of God, can only be understood wholly through the same.

A Christian cannot prove to anyone that God exists, only those who are willing to find Him and except Him and receive the Holy Spirit may have absolute proof. God saves men, men do not save men.

My encouragement then is to continue in the the Spirit and preach the Gospel to let those who do not know Him, for no one can no Him through the spirit of man, but that you might let them know that there is life in our God, and by the will of God pray they search Him out and receive the Holy Spirit. God will reveal Himself to such a one.

1 Corinthians 12:3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

---------------------------------

~EDIT~

Recurring themes include:
---------------------------------

(1)Changing context and expecting answers from that new context, then judging you incompetent for not jumping on their boat.

(2)False accusations of trolling.

(3)False accusations of bashing.

(4)Raising straw man arguments.

(5)Person "A" says something, I reply to person "A" then someone else makes a response FOR person "A" assuming they understand what I was talking about with person "A" which they never do. Usually taking things out of context and or not reading well enough to form a good response, creating confusion and lag.

(6) Little to no care for the context of my original post. (Which is fine, just don't spill your coffee over it if I am not interested in that)

(7) Bizarre assumptions (creating confusion and lag)

( 8 ) Falsely "shifting" the blame on me for explaining your own inaccurate or misguided communications and/or changing context/subjects. (When I let you or someone else know this ((for the sake of staying on track and or letting you know I may not proceed there)) Some of you people are just too defensive.

(9) Making things up.

(These are the rules for my compliance. If you expect something else or change what I said, don't expect much. I don't put up with childish communications, and or expecting things outside the strict context of what has been given already.)

Super Cat

14,875 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
What's the discussion here?

Dedicated Firestarter

23,975 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Firestarter 200
Living Gospel of Jesus

Which scriptures cause the bible as we know it, as in the bible that is most houses RIGHT NOW was VOTED on to contain those particular scriptures. There are MANY, I repeat many more that were never canonized. So. My question is, which scriptures, and which translations, as translations tend to screw the pooch.

Quote:

And how does science disprove the bible? We know the bible exists, however GOD, is a whole OTHER MATTER. The bible is a book, we can weigh it, cut it, burn it, and read it. God however we can do nothing with.

Quote:

So I need to take every single word of the bible as literal fact. Which means that talking snakes exist, and talking donkeys, and that moses lived to be about six hundred years old.

Quote:
Nor written for nonbelievers to understand or ask for proof.

So the bible isn't there for us to understand anything? Good to know, you are now an atheist! Welcome to the club my dear friend.

Quote:
The scriptures, being God breathed,

Stop, stop right there. First you need to prove that god exists, then you need to prove that he had a hand in not only WRITING the scriptures but also in the committee that assigned the scriptures that made up the modern bible.

Quote:
are written in a language that no one can interpret or fully understand or follow without the spirit of God.

So you need to BE god, to understand the bible. Well I most certainly say so, since a LOT of this book makes little sense.

Quote:
The Holy Spirit, given to us through Jesus Christ is what gives us the power to know the scriptures, and there is nothing else that stands next to it in comparison, nor close behind it.

I'd say Jim Butcher does a better job of getting me emotionally invested, the bible, is good when I have insomia and want to fall asleep. Get around to Kings 2, and bam. All that 'begat, begat begat' which shouldn't be the bible since it has little to no place. All it is, is genealogy. Most of the people mentioned in that chapter don't even ******** matter as they are NEVER SPOKEN OF AGAIN.
Again, why can't there be a nice chart instead of page, after page, after PAGE of 'begat, begat, begat begat, begat'?

Quote:
The scriptures, being written by the power and Spirit of God, can only be understood wholly through the same.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Quote:
A Christian cannot prove to anyone that God exists, only those who are willing to find Him and except Him and receive the Holy Spirit may have absolute proof without.

Do you want me to name all the atheists who were Christians and yet once they how you say, 'grew up' became atheists? I can name a LOT of them.

Quote:
My encouragement then is to continue in the the Spirit and preach the Gospel

And go head. But the moment you start screaming at people that we are going to hell I am going to start taking offense.
Wasn't there this bible verse against preaching out in the public? Hmm...

Quote:
to let those who do not know Him, for no one can no Him through the spirit of man,

I think you mean KNOW.
Oh... and is that in the BIBLICAL sense? *wink wink, nudge nudge*

Quote:
but that you might let them know that there is life in our God,

In the Biblical sense I guess. *wink wink, nudge nudge*

Quote:
and by the will of God pray they search him out and receive the Holy Spirit.

Go head and PRAY, and I'll tell you that nothing will happen. Pray that god will show me a sign, since surely an all knowing god will know EXACTLY what it would take to make me a believer. So go head and pray, and when I feel a tickle, I'm telling an adult.

Aged Lunatic

In other words, we have to already believe in them to see that they are worth believing in.

Circular logic. Take that s**t out of here.
Faustine Liem
Living Gospel of Jesus

Which scriptures cause the bible as we know it, as in the bible that is most houses RIGHT NOW was VOTED on to contain those particular scriptures. There are MANY, I repeat many more that were never canonized. So. My question is, which scriptures, and which translations, as translations tend to screw the pooch.

Quote:

And how does science disprove the bible? We know the bible exists, however GOD, is a whole OTHER MATTER. The bible is a book, we can weigh it, cut it, burn it, and read it. God however we can do nothing with.

Quote:

So I need to take every single word of the bible as literal fact. Which means that talking snakes exist, and talking donkeys, and that moses lived to be about six hundred years old.

Quote:
Nor written for nonbelievers to understand or ask for proof.

So the bible isn't there for us to understand anything? Good to know, you are now an atheist! Welcome to the club my dear friend.

Quote:
The scriptures, being God breathed,

Stop, stop right there. First you need to prove that god exists, then you need to prove that he had a hand in not only WRITING the scriptures but also in the committee that assigned the scriptures that made up the modern bible.

Quote:
are written in a language that no one can interpret or fully understand or follow without the spirit of God.

So you need to BE god, to understand the bible. Well I most certainly say so, since a LOT of this book makes little sense.

Quote:
The Holy Spirit, given to us through Jesus Christ is what gives us the power to know the scriptures, and there is nothing else that stands next to it in comparison, nor close behind it.

I'd say Jim Butcher does a better job of getting me emotionally invested, the bible, is good when I have insomia and want to fall asleep. Get around to Kings 2, and bam. All that 'begat, begat begat' which shouldn't be the bible since it has little to no place. All it is, is genealogy. Most of the people mentioned in that chapter don't even ******** matter as they are NEVER SPOKEN OF AGAIN.
Again, why can't there be a nice chart instead of page, after page, after PAGE of 'begat, begat, begat begat, begat'?

Quote:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Quote:
A Christian cannot prove to anyone that God exists, only those who are willing to find Him and except Him and receive the Holy Spirit may have absolute proof without.

Do you want me to name all the atheists who were Christians and yet once they how you say, 'grew up' became atheists? I can name a LOT of them.

Quote:
My encouragement then is to continue in the the Spirit and preach the Gospel

And go head. But the moment you start screaming at people that we are going to hell I am going to start taking offense.
Wasn't there this bible verse against preaching out in the public? Hmm...

Quote:
to let those who do not know Him, for no one can no Him through the spirit of man,

I think you mean KNOW.
Oh... and is that in the BIBLICAL sense? *wink wink, nudge nudge*

Quote:
but that you might let them know that there is life in our God,

In the Biblical sense I guess. *wink wink, nudge nudge*

Quote:
and by the will of God pray they search him out and receive the Holy Spirit.

Go head and PRAY, and I'll tell you that nothing will happen. Pray that god will show me a sign, since surely an all knowing god will know EXACTLY what it would take to make me a believer. So go head and pray, and when I feel a tickle, I'm telling an adult.

The spirit of man has spoken. The spirit of man has judged. The spirit of man has remained the spirit of man.

I have nothing for you.
GunsmithKitten
In other words, we have to already believe in them to see that they are worth believing in.

Incorrect. I never at one time said "you have to believe first to decide if you want to believe"

No, but by the will of God one receive the Holy Spirit, and they believe by the power given to him by God, and that will BE the proof.

Aged Lunatic

Living Gospel of Jesus
GunsmithKitten

Incorrect. I never at one time said "you have to believe first to decide if you want to believe"

No, but by the will of God one receive the spirit of God, and they believe by the power given to him.

You just did say it. We already have to buy the concept of the Biblical God as written in scripture in order to read the proof in scriptures. Circular logic. Doesn't fly here.
GunsmithKitten
Living Gospel of Jesus
GunsmithKitten

No, but by the will of God one receive the spirit of God, and they believe by the power given to him.

You just did say it. We already have to buy the concept of the Biblical God as written in scripture in order to read the proof in scriptures. Circular logic. Doesn't fly here.

This is the last time I am telling the spirit of man.

No one can know God except by the spirit of God which is given to that person by God. Not by the will of man, but by the will of God.

3,350 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Living Gospel of Jesus

A Christian cannot prove to anyone that God exists, only those who are willing to find Him and except Him and receive the Holy Spirit may have absolute proof. God saves men, men do not save men.
And in whose hand was the pen that wrote the Bible?

That's right, it was the hand of a man.
A self serving group of men who wanted to control the populace.

You want to claim it's the word of God, then get God down here to write it himself.

Aged Lunatic

Living Gospel of Jesus
GunsmithKitten
Living Gospel of Jesus
GunsmithKitten

No one can know God except by the spirit of God which is given to that person by God. Not by the will of man, but by the will of God.

So there's no point in really telling any of us anyway. Unless God deems fit to give us that spirit, we're never going to fall in line anyway. Are you a Calvinist or a believer in pre-determination of salvation?

3,350 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Living Gospel of Jesus

The spirit of man has spoken. The spirit of man has judged. The spirit of man has remained the spirit of man.

I have nothing for you.
Nor anyone else, puny troll
Nymph of Life
Living Gospel of Jesus

You want to claim it's the word of God, then get God down here to write it himself.

I already told you, but by the spirit of man, nothing is comprehended.

1 Corinthians 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Mewling Consumer

16,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hive Mind 200
Sher!ock
What's the discussion here?
There isn't supposed to be one just proselytizing which goes against the terms of service.
GunsmithKitten
Living Gospel of Jesus
GunsmithKitten
Living Gospel of Jesus
GunsmithKitten

So there's no point in really telling any of us anyway. Unless God deems fit to give us that spirit, we're never going to fall in line anyway. Are you a Calvinist or a believer in pre-determination of salvation?

This thread was written for those in the Holy Spirit, to believers of the faith. It was not written to the spirit of man, although the spirit of man is stirred up.

I believe in God and the Holy bible. I am of no denomination of man, which separates man and distorts scripture through lack of the Holy Spirit.

3,350 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Living Gospel of Jesus
Nymph of Life
Living Gospel of Jesus

I already told you, but by the spirit of man, nothing is comprehended.

1 Corinthians 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
Again, a line written by men trying to prove that they penned the word of God, with the hand of men.

Actually, the line you're giving is in fact quite damning the validity of your so-called God. Man cannot receive things from God. Therefore, the Bible isn't even God's word. OWNED! And by your own Bible. HAHA
Piss off now, Troll

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces