Welcome to Gaia! ::

I don't know, part of it might be the whole thing with the saints. What I can't figure out, is why shouldn't we venerate such amasing people? I mean, admittedly they aren't necessarily on the same level as the Christ, but they still deserve our respect and reverence.
im a catholic and im proud of it. i dont see a reason of why would anyone hate me just because im catholic. Probably they dont have anything better to do.

Dapper Gekko

Lady_Hime
im a catholic and im proud of it. i dont see a reason of why would anyone hate me just because im catholic. Probably they dont have anything better to do.

heart
Blaze-kun
Lady_Hime

heart

ha ha thanks.
no one should hate just because of religion or faith
hate is a terrible terrible thing sad it makes me sad
I'm not Protestant nor am I Catholic, but I do understand why its so disliked. It has a long history of attaining mass amounts of power and abusing it and its people, especially those who weren't of its faith.
Case in point. My bestfriend, who is Catholic, said -and I'm paraphrasing- I know what its like to be misunderstood and disliked because of my religion. I'm Catholic. I have nothing against pagans. I don't hate them, but they're going to hell.
And she said it with such heart, I just had to bite my tongue. Its the "you're either with us or against us" mentality Catholicism has yet to shake free from.

Dapper Gekko

Ceres Verna
I'm not Protestant nor am I Catholic, but I do understand why its so disliked. It has a long history of attaining mass amounts of power and abusing it and its people, especially those who weren't of its faith.
Case in point. My bestfriend, who is Catholic, said -and I'm paraphrasing- I know what its like to be misunderstood and disliked because of my religion. I'm Catholic. I have nothing against pagans. I don't hate them, but they're going to hell.
And she said it with such heart, I just had to bite my tongue. Its the "you're either with us or against us" mentality Catholicism has yet to shake free from.

That is no longer the official standpoint. smile
Blaze-kun
Ceres Verna

I haven't encountered any different and hope you're right.
I don't understand that either, i think a lot of them are just raised that way because old ppl are still bitter about what they hate about catholicism. I was raised protestant and i was always told that catholics didn't go to heaven. That confused me because they also told me that protestants branched out from catholics. Well now i'm catholic and i really don't see what's wrong with either. One is more traditional than the other. That's it...
Ceres Verna
Blaze-kun
Ceres Verna

I haven't encountered any different and hope you're right.

He is very correct. Our our position is that anyone, from any faith, can enter Heaven. We have no authority to say who is damned and who is not.
IF you live a good life and are good to other people, you can still get to heaven, because by your actions you have recieved Baptism of the Spirit.

And another note, it is a common misconception that if you commit suicide you go to hell. But the official teaching of the Church after Vatican II is that people who commit suicide won't go to hell because of their suicide, since suicide is the result of mental trauma, and often depression. And you can't be blamed for mental problems.
(ccc 2283)
who are we to say who is and who will and who will not go to heaven or hell?

that is judgement only God can declare officially

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces